Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll Result from Sims VIP of the best Sims game in the series

Comments

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I never go to the site, I have seen a few youtube videos though which is mostly about the sims 4. So I'm not surprised sims 4 got more votes there. My vote would be sims 2 and 3.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    How many people voted on that poll, and how many visitors does SimsVIP regularly get?
    It says 20,185 votes. I think the pool and toddler petition had over 25,000 signatures during the first year the Sims 4 was out. One of the Sims 4 survey threads has 23,876 views. A GT thread has 36,664 views. Per day hard to tell.

The Sims 2 section has 1,663 views for a thread. The Sims 3 section has 2,009 views.

MTS is interesting and easier to tell. It currently has 10 viewing the Sims 1, 111 viewing the Sims 2, 148 viewing the Sims 3, and 74 viewing the Sims 4. It relates more accurately to jackjack's post.

I think the Sims 4 as like about about 80K players that play online for it now.

LOL MTS is full of angry and bitter fans that have overrun the sims 4 forum plus a social group that talks smack behind the backs of the people who like the game. That's why there are so few people who like the game on those boards. They have a horrible reputation and I know so many players who have given up on that board. They're hardly the unbiased and shining example you think they are.

Anyway, the numbers on those forums aren't any more accurate than over on the SimsVIP (i.e. not at all).
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    MTS is full of adults who talk realistically about the game. There's plenty of people who like The Sims 4 over there, but they don't get butt hurt that people point out the games shortcomings.

If by "adults who talk realistically about the game" you mean "people so silly and bitter that they've spent over a year insulting people who like the Sims 4 and dogpiling on them in the forums," then yes, I agree.

BTW, the mass exodus from that site isn't conjecture on my part. I've personally talked to a lot of people from unfortunate newbs who've stumbled across those forms by accident to people who have been long standing members of for years that are so disgusted that they've stopped participating and yanked their financial support from the site. Despite what y'all like to think about yourselves, MTS has an absolutely terrible reputation and most people I know only go over there anymore to download the occasional mod.
    Beyond that do you seriously think there is an unbiased approach to TS4?

No. I don't think it's possible to have an unbiased opinion about any of the games in the series, because what one person likes another is going to hate. Which game is best is a subjective matter of opinion and personal preferences.

Which is why where polls like this happen is absolutely going to impact which game comes out on top. You put this poll on MTS who has run a ton of Sims 4 fans off and Sims 4 will probably come in last. You put this poll on a place like Sims VIP which is a news site, or over on places where people who actually like this game tend to gather (Reddit, Tumblr, The Sims Community ), and you're going to get a different answer. None of those polls would have a large and random enough sample to give an accurate overall view. Which is fine. Those polls are just silly fluff for fun and should be taken as such.
    Post edited by monkeypants1 on
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    to monkey user:
    I don't know what is unbiased or not and I never went to mts forum but...I know this(here) forum's regular is really tiny numbers.
    Especially on argument threads there are always like same 10ish regular peoples who doenst like ts4 and there are like same 3 regulars who defend ts4.
    This forum feels like a family reunion.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    MTS is full of adults who talk realistically about the game. There's plenty of people who like The Sims 4 over there, but they don't get butt hurt that people point out the games shortcomings.

If by "adults who talk realistically about the game" you mean "people so silly and bitter that they've spent over a year insulting people who like the Sims 4 and dogpiling on them in the forums," then yes, I agree.

I see where you're coming from, but the same could be said in reverse as well as on these forums too. It's player vs player all the time. It's game vs game.

The majority of the posts I have seen or participated in revolved around The Sims 4, not players who like it, or don't like it. IMO if someone sees a thread that's clearly not a positive thread toward TS4, and they hop in with some OT blurb about how great the game is (happens all the time all over) then what are they expecting? Now I don't condone online harrassment, but I have never seen anything so offensive that I would ever not use the site. I've seen worse behavior on these boards actually, and the moderators don't even try to contain it here.

Part II: You pretty much reiterated what I said a few pages back. (I.e. Poll data is only relevant to that sites users)
  • Options
    s1mszzang wrote: »
    to monkey user:
    I don't know what is unbiased or not and I never went to mts forum but...I know this(here) forum's regular is really tiny numbers.
    Especially on argument threads there are always like same 10ish regular peoples who doenst like ts4 and there are like same 3 regulars who defend ts4.
    This forum feels like a family reunion.

Yeah, I mean everything I said applies to this forum too. You have a forum full of a bunch of regulars. I know a lot of people who play who avoid these forums like the plague. A poll here wouldn't a random or large enough sample of all players to be even remotely accurate.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Scobre wrote: »
    How many people voted on that poll, and how many visitors does SimsVIP regularly get?
    It says 20,185 votes. I think the pool and toddler petition had over 25,000 signatures during the first year the Sims 4 was out. One of the Sims 4 survey threads has 23,876 views. A GT thread has 36,664 views. Per day hard to tell.

The Sims 2 section has 1,663 views for a thread. The Sims 3 section has 2,009 views.

MTS is interesting and easier to tell. It currently has 10 viewing the Sims 1, 111 viewing the Sims 2, 148 viewing the Sims 3, and 74 viewing the Sims 4. It relates more accurately to jackjack's post.

I think the Sims 4 as like about about 80K players that play online for it now.

Yay, I won.
  • Options
    I see where you're coming from, but the same could be said in reverse as well as on these forums too. It's player vs player all the time. It's game vs game.

I'm not a big fan of these boards either - which is why I've been a member since 2011 and only have 148 posts. Mostly because I don't understand why people who don't like this game insist on posting thousands of posts on a forum that's meant for the actual fans of this game. But, eh, I don't make the rules and EA clearly doesn't have a problem with it, so I mostly stay the hell away from here.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The Sims 3 is still my favorite Sims game. I honestly don't really care what an online poll says. Although I'm not 100% happy with The Sims 4, I do believe every Sims game has their own uniqueness and weak points:

The Sims was the first game in the franchise, so it definitely has a special place. It was new and unique (especially at the time). The music also fit very well with the overall game (especially in buy/build mode).

The Sims 2 is nostalgic. The music is also my favorite in the entire franchise. It introduced the concept of multiple life stages. Also, the expansion packs were probably the best (in my opinion). Whenever a new expansion pack or even stuff pack was announced for this game, I was always really excited and anticipated the released. The gameplay was also the best (at least I think so).

The Sims 3 expanded what we loved about The Sims 2. It also introduced the 'Create A Style' and 'Open World' features. The game allows the most freedom and creativity in any Sims game. I just love being able to color and style my clothes/objects nearly anyway I want to. And even though many of the packs kinda lacked content, I feel as if the open world made up for a lot of it.

The Sims 4 has the best 'Create A Sim' and 'Build/Buy' modes. Creating Sims in this game is my favorite part. I also love building houses and venues as well. It's so much easier than other Sims games. The multitasking was also a really convenient feature they added. I love how my Sims can actually not only have group conversations, but can also do multiple things at once.

Every game also has faults as well. None of them are perfect. But, each still has at least something over another. If I had to list them from most to least favorite, this is what it would be:

1. The Sims 3
    2. The Sims 2
    3. The Sims 4
    4. The Sims
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    I love how everyones calling it Biased yet if sims 3 or 2 would have won every single one of you would be going on about how much of a flop sims 4 is.

Why can't you guys just admit sims 4 isn't doing bad sales wise?

I'm sure alot of it CAN be biased but wasn't that the purpose of it's poll? Sims 4 has alot of flaws I'm willing to admit but it's a decent game and I'm getting tired of people trying to act like its a flop in sales.

Also I've seen alot of people say "it's biased, I'm sure alot of people JUST started simming with it so they can't compare"

Since when are new simmers opinioks invalid? Everyone had to start somewhere, for me that was ts2. To this day I still think sims 2 was a masterpiece for its time and I STILL don't get bored whenever I play it. But sims 4 is still my favorite of the series.

It isn't doing bad sales wise. It's doing fine. The content itself in that site is SUPER Sims 4 Praise-worthy. Their "reviews" are always over four stars and are ridiculous.

Conducting a poll there would be like conducting a poll here. It would be equally biased. Love that if you want, but honestly we'll never know what everyone truly thinks.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I don't know a lot about the site because I don't go there. Usually I can end up there if someone posts a link.....but as I said I don't know a lot about it. The reason I don't is, and this is a personal opinion, I've always felt any articles or news was biased toward Maxis. That includes any past games also.

As far as any poll or statistic....I don't need numbers to tell me what happens in my game, how it plays, what it acts like, what bugs need fixed and how I feel about the game in general.

Polls and statistics are generally for people looking for validation.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    mrbmrb Posts: 176 Member
    i feel like there is something odd about this. cuz i am very surprised about these results from what i last heard people were dissapointed with the sims 4 in general. heck even some fan sites admit they can barely enjoy the sims 4. i myself found stuff i can barely enjoy at this point which is why i am hoping the sims 4 will improve with the next game pack or expansion pack but yeah i find that there has never been a better time to play the sims 4 however that is not saying much.
  • Options
    ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Spontaneously I'd say TS2 is my fave, but when I think about it I kinda start to notice that nostalgia's playing tricks on me lol. I mean, sure, it does have nice gameplay and is weird in all the right ways (which is something TS3/4 kinda lack), but I mean not being able to place objects diagonally? Shoes that come with bottoms? Only three body types?
    And I don't even wanna talk about TS3 and its pudding people.....

So I'd say the game is progressing nicely and we've come along way since the beginning. Sure, not everything's perfect and some things were great in previous games and propably will never come back, but I think the game as a whole is getting better (not talking about the pricing lol ), so TS4 is my fave.

We can move objects diagonally- even if they had to put in a cheat to do it. boolprop allow45degreeofrotation true - and it came in the 1st expansion. ;)

:open_mouth: I didn't know, thanks! This would've helped little simmer me so much haha!
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited January 2016
    With regards to GT, EA/Maxis used the smoke screen method, it put in a neighborhood that looked something out of a European country prettied it up and allowed simmers to have clubs but it intentions was to cover up it's short comings (No terrain Editors, No lot creators or neighborhood creators whatever else some simmers are wishing for) and to me that is how it is going to be throughout the game life. If they created a ordinary town out of the USA I wonder would it get the same response? GT however for me even w/o the wants is a good EP but it may serve it's purpose for awhile before some simmers start feeling the need for more. I do not care for polls for they tend not to be accurate. My order of likes is

1.Sims 2 Love the depth of play even though you felt like you was in the Twilight Zone and so many loading screens.
    2.Sims 3 Love the open world. customization of worlds and lots, etc. Sims 3 did not have the quirks or some of the interactions of Sims 2.
    3.Sims 4 Love the connection of neighborhoods and CAS. So many features was cut to make it run well on low end machines.
    4.Sims 1 Love the add ons and it was the first so the reason for being last, it is the father of them all.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,555 Member
    my vote would go to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    With regards to GT, EA/Maxis used the smoke screen method, it put in a neighborhood that looked something out of a European country prettied it up and allowed simmers to have clubs but it intentions was to cover up it's short comings (No terrain Editors, No lot creators or neighborhood creators whatever else some simmers are wishing for) and to me that is how it is going to be throughout the game life. If they created a ordinary town out of the USA I wonder would it get the same response? GT however for me even w/o the wants is a good EP but it may serve it's purpose for awhile before some simmers start feeling the need for more. I do not care for polls for they tend not to be accurate.

I had to smile the first time I saw Windenburg. There are players here that keep saying that TS4 is not a YA party themed game. If this is so why, out of all the venues they could have included did they feel the need to place 2 nightclubs and 2 bars?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited January 2016
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    With regards to GT, EA/Maxis used the smoke screen method, it put in a neighborhood that looked something out of a European country prettied it up and allowed simmers to have clubs but it intentions was to cover up it's short comings (No terrain Editors, No lot creators or neighborhood creators whatever else some simmers are wishing for) and to me that is how it is going to be throughout the game life. If they created a ordinary town out of the USA I wonder would it get the same response? GT however for me even w/o the wants is a good EP but it may serve it's purpose for awhile before some simmers start feeling the need for more. I do not care for polls for they tend not to be accurate.

I had to smile the first time I saw Windenburg. There are players here that keep saying that TS4 is not a YA party themed game. If this is so why, out of all the venues they could have included did they feel the need to place 2 nightclubs and 2 bars?

Bars aren't YA themed, says an Adult who is a local bar/pub regular. I think they put in two nightclubs to showcase the new DJ and dancefloor content in different ways. They put in two cafés (which you didn't mention) probably because cafés are a new venue type. So now, if you had only the basegame + GT and didn't edit venues, you have:

- 3 parks
    - 3 gyms
    - 3 bars (the basegame had only one)
    - 3 nightclubs (the basegame had only one)
    - 2 libraries
    - 2 museums
    - 2 cafes
    - 1 lounge
    - 1 historical estate (I forget that venue type)

So, that's super YA-heavy if you believe that adults and elders IRL don't go to bars (my life experience finds that belief amusing - most of my friends go to bars more as they get older... and have more money and the kids move out), and that gyms and parks don't count.

Not sure what they should have added even more of that didn't require other add-ons. Yet another museum as well as the estate? A second lounge, maybe? But there's no new gameplay objects in the pack for lounges.

I don't care much either way: we can change the venue types. Personally, I have only 1 gym and 1 library and 1 museum in my save, and 3 cafes.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Simsfan9911Simsfan9911 Posts: 155 Member
    1. SIms 2
    2. Sims 4
    3. Sims 1
    4. Sims 3
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I love how everyones calling it Biased yet if sims 3 or 2 would have won every single one of you would be going on about how much of a flop sims 4 is.

Why can't you guys just admit sims 4 isn't doing bad sales wise?

I'm sure alot of it CAN be biased but wasn't that the purpose of it's poll? Sims 4 has alot of flaws I'm willing to admit but it's a decent game and I'm getting tired of people trying to act like its a flop in sales.

Also I've seen alot of people say "it's biased, I'm sure alot of people JUST started simming with it so they can't compare"

Since when are new simmers opinioks invalid? Everyone had to start somewhere, for me that was ts2. To this day I still think sims 2 was a masterpiece for its time and I STILL don't get bored whenever I play it. But sims 4 is still my favorite of the series.

When they say this is the best family play game ever. That's when I no longer listen to a word of their opinion because they would have no idea what they are talking about. Sims wanting to hug any Sim which includes kids in their home...is not family play when you think about the other games. Those games have specific actions and interactions for family. So, telling me TS4 is chalked full of family Sims I'm going to have to personally debunk those statements in my head since I know better.

Well I've played since sims 2 so I'm not a new simmer and I think sims 4 has some pretty great family play in certain aspects.

I'm just going to compare base games to be fair, sims 3 base game was absolutely horrible. Elders and teens barely had any clothes. The children looked like they had adult faces on child bodies to me, hated it.

I think the children in ts4 are absolutely amazingly adorable. It's the one life state besides young adult that I think they did really well.

But sims 4 also has a few flaws with family play and I'll list some pros and con

Con: Teens are taller.
    Pro: At least they can use any cas stuff now.

Con: Babies are attached to crib.
    Pro: They have alot more interactions than past games.

Absolute cons with no pros:
    Lack of the T words,
    Lack of Schoolbuses
    Lack of swing sets and other such things

Now if I'm being honest I got into sims 2 when it was basically complete and the sims 3 had like 2 expansions. I never touched sims 3 until it got to showtime expansion though. But since sims 2 was complete I don't really know how the base game family play was but I assume it was amazing since that game IS a masterpiece.

I actually wouldn't have voted for sims 4 but rather sims 2. Sims 4 is a great game to me but sims 2 was just perfection. The devs really put alot of effort in and it shows. I didn't even find out sims 2 had a store until recently and I was shocked cause it already seemed like it had way more than enough content.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Only thing about those polls, you have to be a member to vote which I don't plan to be with that site and they ban people that don't agree with them so biased polls towards the Sims 4 is obvious. Anyway my personal favorite is the Sims 2.

You don't need to be a member. Anybody can vote. I think it will only registers your IP address

But if you don't feel welcome you certainly aren't going to go out of your way to participate are you?

That's a different story. All I mean you don't need to be a member to vote. You can vote only one time from the same IP address.
    I don't know how you don't feel welcome? Did you have any arguments with the site owner?
    I don't communicate with anybody there. The site like many other site is there for me to get information.

No I don't know the site owner and haven't ever spoken to them or participated on their site. I'm a relative newbie to the community (only started participating post TS4)

They obviously took issue with the articles I was a part of and were busy defending EA on twitter and dismissing the views of those who weren't happy. I understand they want to stay on EA's good side to retain their status with the company. Other people have had similar experiences that i know of too. That's why I know that only those who are happy with TS4 are welcome there.

If the site only appreciates the interaction of those who like TS4 that's fair enough-but in a situation like this it means you need to take the results with a pinch of salt. I'm not interested in visiting sites like that so whether you need to be a member or not is irrelevant :)

I would suggest most people who don't like the game who saw they didn't appreciate their opinion would stay away out of respect. Same as I don't post in the happy play thread because it's not a discussion thread-it's a place for those who want to share their enjoyment of the game :)
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    $$$$$
  • Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    I have never posted before. Even though I have been a part of this site for two years, or at least that’s what I think because it gave me a badge for the two year mark. Anyways, I think the polls will be based upon the sites and their fan types.
    As for me, I loved the Sims 3 and thought why do they keep talking about Sims 2, so when they released the Sims 2 ultimate collections, I decided to play it and give it a try. I absolutely love the complexity of the game. It is not easy to date someone and there are so many complex things I had to deal with it was just fun.
    The Sims 3, honestly didn’t even notice the sims till nightlife came out. I played for a bit and put it down. When more content came out, I played again and liked the game.
    When they announced the Sims 4, I was more than eager to get the game even with all its missing contents, because one thing I sucked at was making sims in the sims 3. After Sims 4 was released I played it maybe two days before I walked away from it. Guess, I just generally found it to be a bit boring. I came back a year later when the first expansion pack and stuff packs came out. I played it a bit but then felt there was just too much repetition. Then get together came out and I find myself needing more content………I can’t express how much fun I could have if they would just up the family play in this game. Yes it lacks considerably in a lot of ways, but it still has potential to be fun if they would just utilize things from the various other games into this one.
    Now perception is one thing that we fail to see as important. Just because someone doesn’t like something and someone else does, doesn’t mean they both are wrong. In fact they both are right due to their own perceptions of what is fun. Even though I normally just read through threads, I have never thought someone’s opinion was invalid because it did not align with my own.
    As for the Polls it is completely pointless to bother with one, I would never vote on any of the games because to me each is unique in its own way, and I am positive there are a ton of people just like me, as there are ones who don’t like the game and ones who love the game. As I said I don’t talk in forums and I rarely play the game. However I do buy the expansion packs, not because I am having a great time in the game ATM, but to support the franchise in hopes that the game will get better.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif