Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Everybody makes their own beds! I realized this, then looked over at my actual unmade bed and felt ashamed lol
    Same here xD
    Things I found out:

Base Game: Clean sims will flush the toilet before use then again after use. While Slob Sims might not flush before and neither after.
    I was just going to ask about this! It seems almost everyone else has good hygiene in general, whereas slobs just got more gross. I've noticed my slob doctor not flushing or washing his hands anymore. ...No wonder he gets the same patients at the hospital. LOL
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    KhalKev0 wrote: »
    If I command + click on a sim the camera will follow them without me having to keep clicking there avatar. I thought that feature was gone.

How to create a new game with a fresh town. I've just been adding new Sims to the same file.

You can also just right click the portrait. It will automatically zoom in on the sim and follow them.

The way to create a new game is on the start screen. If you look up at the top right side of your screen, there is a plus (+) sign. Click that to start a new game. It takes you immediately to CAS, but it will be a new game you're putting them into.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @Modifien Are you running a vanilla game? Was watching Captain Sauce and he got the Senior Pollination Technician to appear at a party! Seems his sim knew her and she could be invited to a bash. Did it again and she showed up. I'd test to see if it would work with mine, but I'm running some mods that I don't want to take off. I'm thinking it was possible because of the "Bigger Parties" mod but if she can be invited to a party in vanilla game, holey smokes there may finally be a way to meet her. O_O
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    @KhalKev0 I think it was gone and came back in one of the last few patches.

Naah it was in since launch
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    @LosaruTaiyo !!!!! Off to party!
  • Options
    Modifien wrote: »
    @LosaruTaiyo !!!!! Off to party!

Send some cake or chips if it works!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    If you have GT:

If your sim is not in good terms with someone, in the mean interactions, they can break up that other sim's with their lover.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Am I only realizing this now or is the make up now staying for all outfits in CAS? I remember last time, I had to set the make up for each outfit category. Now you only need to set one for Everyday #1, and it will use the same make up for party, formal, etc.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    This is probably common knowledge to alot but it took me a while to find out.

If you want to explore the hedge maze you have to click the snail at the entrance :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    @DeKay It is new! I can't quite figure out the rules for it, but every time I make a fresh CAS sim, anyway, it does transfer over to the others. :D
  • Options
    EverGreenLifeEverGreenLife Posts: 2,670 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Am I only realizing this now or is the make up now staying for all outfits in CAS? I remember last time, I had to set the make up for each outfit category. Now you only need to set one for Everyday #1, and it will use the same make up for party, formal, etc.

Yeah! And I hate it sometimes!! Cuz when I don't want them wearing makeup then they have it on, and when I take it off and make another sim, I go back onto the previous one to find the makeup still there
    FrAEi8Q.png
    ✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚i love starry skies✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚
    origin ID - egl_original
  • Options
    Modifien wrote: »
    @DeKay It is new! I can't quite figure out the rules for it, but every time I make a fresh CAS sim, anyway, it does transfer over to the others. :D

I like it staying personally, as I have characters with markings.

@Modifien Were you able to try the party thing after? o.o Or is it probably that mod that did it.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Zola1016Zola1016 Posts: 223 Member

It's always been like that. I think if you do their makeup before choosing their clothes, it'll be set for every category. Whereas if you choose their clothes first then you'll have to do makeup for each category.
    keep-calm-and-sing-smelly-cat-4.png
    Smelly cat, Smelly Cat
    What are they feeding you?
    Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
    It's not your fault!
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    At least for hair the way it works is that when you change Everyday 1 it changes all hair for that sim that already matches Everyday 1, but leaves any hairs that deviate from the old Everyday 1 unchanged.

I tested with makeup on an existing family but makeup for me appears no differently behaving than it ever has - each outfit slot is it's own thing and nothing that you edit on a given outfit affects other outfits on that sim. Note that you can easily carry makeup between outfits in the same category, as when you first create a new outfit slot it inherits the currently active slot's makeup (in addition to clothes and other properties). If you don't mind re-picking clothes you can remove slots 2-5 and edit 1 and then clone it out to the other slots when you reset up the later slots - I often find it much easier to pick clothes than to try to match makeup across each categories slots.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Zola1016 wrote: »

It's always been like that. I think if you do their makeup before choosing their clothes, it'll be set for every category. Whereas if you choose their clothes first then you'll have to do makeup for each category.

Hmm, you might be right. I can't remember if I did pick their clothes first last time and then put the make up. But what I did yesterday was pick the makeup first then the clothes. :P

Edit: Yeah, if you pick the clothes first for every category, the make up won't stay.
    Post edited by DeKay on
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    up to three sims can build/upgrade a rocket in the same time, if there is enough space (I hope I am not repeating some older post).
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • Options
    Jess120903Jess120903 Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited January 2016
    I didn't know either of those in the original post. The double bed thing is really helpful.
    you are having a spooky mormon hell dream now!
  • Options
    NafisweetNafisweet Posts: 43 New Member
    > @Jess120903 said:
    > I didn't know either of those in the original post. The double bed thing is really helpful.

but how to do it
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Ghosts don't route around the furniture to sit down. They'll walk from behind a sofa right through the sofa then sit on it!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    (For those with Get Together)...My Sims eloped at The Bluffs in Windenburg and immediately "celebrated" their love in the heart bush. As soon as they got in it, some white doves flew out from the branches! That's a nice touch for newlyweds. :)
    01-02-16_3-22-58nbspPM_zps0zy3od9i.png

Also, did you know on the DJ booth, that you can set it to play stereo music without anyone attending it?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sims' phone conversations sound different in different moods. I should stop making them call friends only when they're happy!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    If you choose adoption on the computer, it actually spawns over a dozen households for kids to be chosen from. That's an easy way to overpopulate your town(s).
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    Last night when I played, I found out that some sims will get out a can of whoop whoop on an alien...I was in such shock when it happened, I forgot to take a screen shot!

What was even more shocking was it was one of my sweet Brandon, Darwin and Stollen Cuddlecrackers elf sims! :'(
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/867167/merry-christmas-from-911truthbear-and-his-elves-brandon-darwin-and-stollen-cuddlecrackers#latest
    Brandon%20Darwin%20Stollen%20Cuddlecrackers_zpspxvtrmxl.png

I was like, "Boys, boys! Break it up---I created you to be harbingers of peace and joy, not violence! Stop it now!" >:):(

• Options
    edited January 2016
    As in they'll be angry enough to fight an alien if they find out @911TruthBear ? :D Have never seen that before.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    edited January 2016
    As in they'll be angry enough to fight an alien if they find out @911TruthBear ? :D Have never seen that before. [/quote

Oh man, lemme tell you, @LosaruTaiyo ....I was in like, such shock....The USUALLY HAPPY trio went on a date to Windenburg , and the instant they get there, an alien just walks by and it was either Brandon or Darwin ( look so much alike, and like I said, I was in such shock), and he just throws a punch at the poor alien, and TWICE they disappear into this cartoonish cloud of dust!

Well, nobody had to be sent to the hospital at least, lol! :smile:

The whole thing reminded me of a Sims 2 moment when Mortimer Goth did something simular to one of my newly minted sims! :D:p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top