Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Surprise! It's a Sims 3 Baby Shower for Duy!!!

Comments

• Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Dear Baby,

I hope you learn as much as you can about this wacky, crazy, at times contradictory world and the types of people who live in it.
    I hope you aren’t afraid to follow you heart and march to the beat of your own drum.
    I hope you love life and appreciate all it has to offer and live it to the fullest.
    I hope you get all you need in life. Not all you want, sometimes what you want isn't what you need, and that's okay. You won't need all the candy you manage to grab in the checkout lane.
    I hope you laugh so much and at times so hard that milk may come out of your nose. Some people hate wrinkles, but laugh lines are so worth it!
    I hope you never forget that you are loved and that someone cares about you.
    I hope you ignore the haters. Unfortunately there will be haters. But usually their problem is with themselves, not you.
    I hope you become the best possible you that you can be. Be yourself, and no one else but you (unless it's Halloween). Originals are priceless.
    I hope you respect yourself and all of those around you.
    I hope you grow up to be an incredible human being and that you give mom at least a little bit of H-E- double hockey sticks... But beware, you might have a little one some day who acts exactly like you and your mom will be biding her time to lovingly rub it in your face.

Love, AA
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    CeeaCeea Posts: 517 Member
    edited December 2015
    WISHES FOR BABY
    Please fill in the blanks!

Dear Baby,

I hope you learn patience.
    I hope you aren’t afraid to love with your whole heart.
    I hope you love nature
    I hope you get to experience first hand something miraculous
    I hope you laugh for no reason at all, just for joy
    I hope you never forget that money comes and goes but friends are the real wealth
    I hope you ignore the negative voice inside your head that critiques you
    I hope you become whatever you want to be!
    I hope you respect people; they are worth it
    I hope you grow to be 11 feet tall! NBA HERE WE COME!

Love, Ceea <3

I'm going to post all of my stuff in this message, here we go!

3Wf50dN.png

Duy I built you a baby store for your sims world: that way any pregnant sims can have a place go to look at the latest in baby stuff! It's a small lot with lots of room to grow and a small playground for tots.

I don't know how to do the custard thing... but there isn't any CC for sure ^_^
    Baby Bundle Boutique!

I am lacking in screen shots, hehe! To make up for it I brought some snacks for the party! *wheels out the buffet table*

Planning-A-Great-Menu-For-Baby-Shower.jpg
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Congratulations, Duy! :)

I had hoped to make you something super special for your baby shower today. Unfortunately, I'm still putting the finishing touches on my final gift for the last gift exchange (it has given me so much trouble!) and ran out of time. :( So instead I will be raiding your wishlist. I hope that's okay. I only regret it isn't a bit more of a personal gift...

Best wishes to you and your growing family!
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    Teanias wrote: »
    Here is the link to the baby loving home I tried to edit it in to the post with house pictures but it said needs to be approved!
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8810792

Rec'd along with 12 pages of baby shower stuff lol, my recing finger was getting a cramp lol! Great outfits!

@MeaganJo - they went back to page 24 when I was just there. I admit to getting a sore finger and only rec'ing the ones I really liked.

I think I got them All!! I went Through the Exchange Pages instead of Your Studio!! @Teanias !! It went Faster there ;)
    Let me know if I missed Any & If you get the 500 recs :D All that hard work you deserve it!! :smiley:
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Mmm... veggies and fruit. I just realized I haven't eaten lunch yet!
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I brought more cake!

9021590MtY_beach-theme-baby-shower-cake_900.jpg
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @ciane, I haven't had lunch either & I have to do the dishes too!! LOL be back later HUGS!!! :)
  • Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited December 2015
    Dear Baby,

I hope you learn __to see the good in things!
    I hope you aren’t afraid __to try new things including food at least try it before you say you don't like it!
    I hope you love __to laugh even at yourself at times!
    I hope you get __people and always try to see their side as well as your own!
    I hope you laugh __whenever possible!
    I hope you never forget __to love wholeheartedly!
    I hope you ignore __ peer pressure and instead make good choices on your own!
    I hope you become ___An honorable and well rounded happy person!
    I hope you respect ___others even if you don't agree with them!
    I hope you grow __in love laughter and wonderful experiences!
    and I hope you never loose your imagination or stop enjoying the little things in life

love Teanias
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    @duyguugudur ~

I am so sorry Duygu but I have tried so many times throughout the day to post the picture for both remakes of Rhapsody in Blue and this site just will not let me! I am far too stressed with other things to have the patients to keep trying so I'm just going to post the links here and try a few pictures. I am sorry it's not a better presentation! The tester sim you made me helped me a lot :) I hope you like both versions.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8811221

Family Home ~

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8811231
  • Options
    @tanubanue beautiful house/houses the first one has a nice relaxing feel to it and the second does not loose it but gains a family fun feel!
  • Options
    @duyguugudur

Here are some pictures ~

Screenshot-14_zpsybbnigjb.jpg

Screenshot-16_zpsawifmgo8.jpg

Screenshot-28_zpsbjrxojw5.jpg

Screenshot-31_zpshesizg5h.jpg

Screenshot-36_zpsde5wmn6k.jpg

Screenshot-40_zpsbvr419fu.jpg

I had so many more pictures that I wanted to share but I'm happy I got to post this many. I hope you really like both versions of the house and as always if I used something you don't own just let me know :) Love you Sweetie! Tons of Hugs!!!
  • Options
    @tanubanue beautiful house/houses the first one has a nice relaxing feel to it and the second does not loose it but gains a family fun feel!

Thank you so much :) I wasn't able to do all I wanted to like adding some treasure to the chests at the foot of the bed but I am happy with how it turned out.
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Already rec'd both Tanubanue, both are wonderful renditions of the same home.

calmorezoo rec'd your great Teddy Bear Park!
  • Options
    Oh I knew you could put toys in the kids chest but I didn't know you could put stuff in other chest! I have to go guys but I should be able to pop in later tonight! bye TTFN (ta ta for now!) I hope you have a wonderful shower DUY!
  • Options
    I have rec'd everything and even borrowed a few things as my sims have kids too :p Besides the baby said it was ok, or I thought he was nodding yes but he may have been trying to get his toe in his mouth :)

Dear Baby,

I hope you learn that no matter how bad it gets it's worse for someone else
    I hope you aren’t afraid to be afraid, there is nothing wrong with honesty
    I hope you love from the inside out and love even those people or things others may say aren't worthy
    I hope you get to sit on Mom's lap and play sims or read a book or just be :)
    I hope you laugh as your Dad tosses you in the air then holds you tight in an embrace
    I hope you never forget that the strongest people are those who love with their soul
    I hope you ignore people who try to get you to do things you shouldn't or try stop you from doing the things you should
    I hope you become strong, independent, loving, happy, and a wonderful son to your parents
    I hope you respect nature and people, respect isn't always easy and sometimes needs to be earned
    I hope you grow inside and that it filters over to everything you do

Your Mom and Dad have been so excited waiting for your birth. Wondering what you will look like and what you will feel like. Waiting for you to wrap your tiny fingers around theirs and kiss you for the first time. They are full of hopes and dreams for you and your life. Noone knows what your life will bring for you but with your birth it gives us all a chance to smile and to welcome you. To say Prayers for you to smile often and love fiercly and that your life will be all your Mom and Dad hopes for and more.
  • Options

Thanks Meagan :) I'm heading to download a certain garden lol
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    tanubanue wrote: »

Thanks Meagan :) I'm heading to download a certain garden lol

Woot Woot, awesome Tanu! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Back to Baby game #1 and the baby ballot:

Your Name: Burak - means lightning (or Derin, which means deep and profound)
    Date of Birth: Jan 1 - New Years Baby!
    Gender of Baby: A boy!
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I am also working on a secret, too. I'm hoping to finish tonight. <3
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Well I see a lot has happend while I was gone ! I brought us some food for everyone I think it is a dip of sorts!
    S5035296.jpg
    Some cute cupcakes!
    babyshowercupcakes.jpg
    and a diaper cake !
    diapercake.jpg
    wait what!
  • Options
    @Teanias I like the Diaper Cake ~ Gee That sounds SO WRONG LOL
  • Options
    I know doesn't it! But there has been at least one at every baby shower I have been to!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I know doesn't it! But there has been at least one at every baby shower I have been to!

i know a diaper cake is a cake made from diapers but since i never saw one at a baby shower. is it to make sure the mom has diapers or are they even useable?
  • Options
    I Guess I Don't Know enough Moms to Be LOL