Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Surprise! It's a Sims 3 Baby Shower for Duy!!!

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Teanias ~ you truly are talented at recolors!!! Went through your studio, saying ooh quite often! So many cute things to rec & custard check. 231. Whew! I can't begin to imagine how long it took you to do all of these and then go through the upload song&dance. Busy, busy. They really do look rather cute and I will definitely be claiming a fair number of them for my game.

I think I got them all and can safely say they are custard clean o:)

Thanks for removing the lot that had cc; replacing the windows and re-uploading a cc free version.
    So happy when this came through custard clean, too! o:)
  • Options
    Good Morning!!!

I see more activity happened while I was away from my computer (shakes fist at cold ~ day 4 or 5 of this nonsense).
    HOORAY!!! <== that's for the activity, not my silly cold

I apologize for not being as active as I would have liked, but I will rec - custard check - compliment everything because each of you has truly made some marvelous things & deserve recognition.

Thank YOU for helping make Duy's Day (yes, Alpha... I AM "borrowing" your phrase!) a special one.
  • Options
    Want to play?

baby-talking.jpg

Baby Talk
    Unscramble these baby related words!

ARC EATS
    TOBELT
    FLOURAM
    PREADI
    IGHH HACRI
    KRSOT
    SETYFA INP
    BLUYALL
    YABB RODPEW
    TRROMMEEETH
    ENISEO
    LETRROLS
    ABBY TIMORON
    LIMBOE
    REFICAIP
    SENTISAB
    TREATL
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    OMG I am soooooooooooooooo sorry I am sooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooo late @ADWilson and @duyguugudur ! But I spent 9+ hours shopping in Sweden (both groceries and xmas gifts) yesterday and then had to drop by a friends on the way home, so needless to say I got home super late and had to post the winner of the advent, put the stuff away and collapse in my bed.

Hiya Duy, I have known about this from the beginning as Addy and I have been back and forth in pms to one another since like september lol. Do you remember when I prodded you to fill your wl? I had alterior motives and wasn't joking and I wanted it filled with everything you still lack from the sims 3 store dagnabbit, not just under 100 items! I asked you to add sets too yet you never did and Ninja kitty is biting at the bit to attack :P So please go fill it to capacity, pretty pretty please with chocolate syrup and a cherry on top? >:) I mean it wouldn't be fair for Ninja kitty to hog it all, we have to leave enough for all to smother you in gifties ;)

Anyways I am so so excited for you and your bundle of joy on the way soon. So I got busy making all kinds of CAP patterns for your simmies joy, and maybe a few might inspire your decor for your RL nursery. It is going to take some time to get them all uploaded and pics posted, so please be patient as I am seriously in slow slow mothion today lol, not to mention a nervous wreck on my upcoming exams tomorrow and wednesday :#

So for now I will simly post the games here as well as a few memes to get things started.

@rosey1579 OMG I nearly fell out my chair laughing with your version of game 2. Thanks for making my day my sweet little huggable bunny! :)
    BSR-baby_shower_logo.jpg
    Specialty-Baby-Shower-Cake.jpg

Okay time for some games!

Your Name: TnT_Terry - Baby boy names: Joshua, Jayden or Jeremiah/Jeremy
    Date of Birth: December 25, 2015
    Gender of Baby: Boy

Dear Baby,

I hope you learn the importance of life's values, give of yourself, help others and be kind to all.
    I hope you aren’t afraid to challenge yourself, try new things, push the limits.
    I hope you love deeply, respectfully and truthfully.
    I hope you get to enjoy life to the fullest and never take anything for granted.
    I hope you laugh big and often and spread it far and wide.
    I hope you never forget to pay it forward in life, as there is always someone worse off than you.
    I hope you ignore what other's think about you, because you are unique and as long as you are happy being you, other's opinions matters not!
    I hope you become the man you aspire to and that all your dreams and desires come true.
    I hope you respect all others and in return you will earn their respect as you grow.
    I hope you grow into a strong, loving and selfless young man someday.

OK I will return later today with my gifties.

Super squishy hugz
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    That was fun. The third one stumped me. I wanted to put FUL or OR on the end.
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    I'm not very good at these, but I don't think babies are known for being verbose or clear, so here's some things they might say...
    ARC EATS = EA Cats
    TOBELT = To Be LT
    FLOURAM = Flour, Ma!
    PREADI = Read PI! (3.1415926535897...)
    IGHH HACRI = Craig! Hhhi!
    KRSOT = Sort? K!
    SETYFA INP = Fate pins? Y?
    BLUYALL = All yulb
    YABB RODPEW = Pew! Dora! BBY...
    TRROMMEEETH = Eee! Thrrommt!
    ENISEO = E! Noise!
    LETRROLS = Bunny
    ABBY TIMORON (do I pee) on Abby or Tim?
    LIMBOE = Limbo? E!
    REFICAIP If I recap
    SENTISAB = Bass Tien (he was from DB, right?)
    TREATL = Treat! L(ol)
    How'd I do?
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2015
    Cute, Rosey! But I don't think that was bunny! ;)

Love the patterns, punch, and jungle gym!
  • Options
    @AMofOz ~ Counting Sheep is a cute pattern. There are also more patterns to be found in your 2nd gift post & studio... 21 fun, fabulous patterns. Nicely done!

• Options
    @calmorezoo ~ Teddy Bear Park is a terrific name! Looks like a fun place for kids of all ages.
  • Options
    @Ceea ~ Baby Bundle Boutique (say that three times fast! LOL) is a clever idea!
  • Options
    @tanubanue ~ like ciane, I enjoy makeovers of EA builds. Rhapsody in Blue ~ Made Over & Rhapsody in Blue ~ Made Over For A Family will have the family singing with happiness. Blue might be my favorite color, but those wood floors are eye-catching, too!
  • Options
    @Catdog123 ~ <3 the idea of taking an item and creating a build around it! Mel's Jammin Jungle is sure to have kids jumping for joy when their families take them there.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Cute, Rosey! But I don't think that was bunny! ;)

Love the patterns, punch, and jungle gym!

Hmmm... Bunnies are cute...
    xliiat.jpg
  • Options
    2e52v77.jpg
    Mmm.... Bunnies...
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    2e52v77.jpg
    Mmm.... Bunnies...

This Bunny knows how to keep a COOL head!! :smiley:
  • Options
    No need to apologize @TnT_Terry because as you know this "Shower Duy with Gifts Day" is a 2-day deal so that means... you're not late!
  • Options
    Cute answers, @rosey1579 ~ I think your wit & sense of humor made us all chuckle.

This calls for a special prize...
    little-bunny-champion-22213342.jpg
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Cute answers, @rosey1579 ~ I think your wit & sense of humor made us all chuckle.

This calls for a special prize...
    little-bunny-champion-22213342.jpg

Yes! Imma wiener!
  • Options
    @duyguugudur ~ Don't you just <3 happy surprises?! This one has certainly resulted in a lot of fun images, sweetly crafted messages and gorgeous gifts to mark such a momentous occasion. Congratulations to you & Mr Duy! May your wee one bring you lots of joy and be healthy & happy more often than not.

Here is a gift that I hope you'll like...
    ExteriorFINAL_zpsbkfomepn.jpg
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/863973/sims-3-baby-shower-gifts-for-duy
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    LOVE IT Addy HUGS ;)<3
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    car seat
    bottle
    Formula
    diaper
    high chair
    stork
    safety pin
    lullaby
    baby powder
    thermometer
    onesie
    stroller
    baby monitor
    mobile
    pacifier
    bassinet
    rattle
  • Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    @ADWilson Thank you I am glad you saw some you liked! It was really more fun than work doing the recolors! (Which is probably why it was so easy to go crazy!)
    While it was a bit of a hassle I am kind of glad I ended up using that window on the first house! Otherwise who knows when I would have found out it was a cc window and it might have ended up in more builds! The house the way it is now may actually look better now because the first floor windows match the second floor ones!
  • Options
    Teanias wrote: »
    @ADWilson Thank you I am glad you saw some you liked! It was really more fun than work doing the recolors! (Which is probably why it was so easy to go crazy!)
    While it was a bit of a hassle I am kind of glad I ended up using that window on the first house! Otherwise who knows when I would have found out it was a cc window and it might have ended up in more builds! The house the way it is now may actually look better now because the first floor windows match the second floor ones!

Ah. Glad you found some positive things to take away from this moment. Thanks for sharing that with me/us.

I'm also glad it was the kind of cc that isn't considered sticky (there are a few pieces that are like a virus and attach themselves to every single thing that a person uploads even if the item wasn't used in the uploaded thing. Hope this makes sense!). That kind of cc is really bad.

So, all in all...
    you had fun doing them & I found fun things in the massive pile ~ kind of like an explorer uncovering something shiny in the dust. There were ones that had me looking at some of the CASt patterns in a new light because I wouldn't have thought to use them with toddler clothing, so it was good to see a finished sample/example. I got a few ideas from those. LOL
  • Options
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    car seat
    bottle
    Formula
    diaper
    high chair
    stork
    safety pin
    lullaby
    baby powder
    thermometer
    onesie
    stroller
    baby monitor
    mobile
    pacifier
    bassinet
    rattle

I was close...
  • Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited December 2015
    @ADWilson So how do you test something for cc from the exchange without putting it in your game?
    I am glad it wasn't that sticky kind as well now I know all I have to do is ignore that window!

I guess because I am new I find myself using the patterns in all sorts of ways! (Like for a leather jacket I used one of the wood grain patterns and for the black and white fir on all those hats it is the grass in miscellaneous group!)