Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[FIXED by Dec 17 patch] Toilet bugs

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
Hi,

Minor bugs :

- I ordered to my sim to use the toilet and to take a shower, "Toilet" task initiate but the sim goes in the shower, leaves it and goes to the toilet. "Take a shower" task is lost
- I ordered to my sim to do a jogging, He begin and cancel the task after 5 seconds, He goes to the toilet even if the Bladder is at the highest level

ingame17.jpg
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    do you have any mods? if so pull out the whole mod folder and test

also does this happen with any sims or just one? if just one have that sim travel to another lot to reset and see if that fixes the issue
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    No mod in my game, only my own CC tattoos.

Currently it happened once, I will tell you if it happens again.
  • Options
    ok do try traveling to another lot if it comes back, thanks
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited December 2015
    If it continues to happen, post again.

Sometimes repairing the game and resetting the sims 4 folder can fix up issues.

To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

To reset the sims 4 folder, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders

Edit to add this :

For simmers that are having these issues, Crinrict has a blog post about the issue.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/12/multiple-problems-with-interactions-being-dropped-or-randomly-queued/
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Both worked fine for me but I can confirm that my Sim went to the toilet after jogging although he had no need to do so.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    i think i just had an similar issue i found my sim washing her hands when she was suppose to be grabbing breakfast perhaps she tried using the toliet ill test some more.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Another strange thing.

I often see Negative relationship icon without social interaction. Do you know what does it mean ?

For example, my sim was alone and BAM ! Negative relationship icon while he was smiling.
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    I had that happen when my sim was using the motion gaming mat. No other sims were on my lot or anyplace near him.
  • Options
    I ordered to my sim to use the toilet and to take a shower, "Toilet" task initiate but the sim goes in the shower, leaves it and goes to the toilet. "Take a shower" task is lost

It happened one more time
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    New Toilet bug :

- Take a plate through the wall

My sim is using the toilet, the next is "Take a plate". Multitask already execute the next task, my sim took the plate through the wall and put it on the ground, "Eat" task is lost.

05-12-11.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited December 2015
    @LeGardePourpre - have you done a full folder refresh, game repair, and autosave deletion?

This:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. Delete the Scratch subfolder and the Autosave (00000001) files from inside Saves.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders (but NOT Mods, unless you've confirmed they're all up-to-date) and the file back and start the game again.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited December 2015
    Something similar is happening in my game, my Sim is eating, the moment use toilet is put in the queue, she stops eating and goes to use the toilet. The thing with the shower and toilet, that was mentioned before also happened. I have just repaired my game and deleted the autosave, just in case, so I'll see what it does. I don't use mods of any kind.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited December 2015
    So I just tested, the shower thing didn't happen again, but the eating/using toilet thing did. It got even worse, as my Sim was having breakfast, her bladder went in the yellow - she autonomously queued using the toilet and immediately got up to do so :/ I don't have screenshots of that, because it happened a bit too fast, but I do have sceenshots of the other instances it happened.

So, here's my Sim eating and watching telly:
    2mos415.png
    Then I tell her to use the toilet, she gets up immediately, switches off the tv (at least they fixed that) and walks to the toilet:
    23hq4b5.png
    Note that the "eating" task is still active.
    She reaches the toilet, sits down and immediately gets up again (probably due to the conflict of eating on the toilet without having a plate handy) and both tasks are gone (as you can see her bladder bar is still the same as in the previous shots):
    1548v92.png

Now I also checked what happened if I queued use toilet when she was doing something else, in this case painting:
    2z8dl5y.png
    Note that she's half way done with the painting and the use toilet action immediately sinks in to the active task part.
    Here, she's almost done painting and still has the use toilet action active, but hasn't moved towards the toilet yet - she went that way after finishing the painting:
    2vdhg1g.png

I also tried to see what would happen if she was just watching tv, and not eating at the same time (no screenshots this time), but she switched the tv off and immediately went to use the toilet.

Seeing as it didn't happen while painting, I think the bug may just actively occur (as it was there when painting, just not acted upon), only with multitaskable actions that are not tied to a specific place. Both eating and watching tv can be done from different places, Sims used to relocate while doing that sometimes (not sure if that still happens now musical chairs has been tweaked). They do however not move while painting. Putting it this way, I think it may have been caused by (amongst other things) the fixing of the musical chairs - but that's just a guess, I have no idea how the game is built that way.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited December 2015
    So I just tested, the shower thing didn't happen again, but the eating/using toilet thing did. It got even worse, as my Sim was having breakfast, her bladder went in the yellow - she autonomously queued using the toilet and immediately got up to do so :/ I don't have screenshots of that, because it happened a bit too fast, but I do have sceenshots of the other instances it happened.

So, here's my Sim eating and watching telly:
    2mos415.png
    Then I tell her to use the toilet, she gets up immediately, switches off the tv (at least they fixed that) and walks to the toilet:
    23hq4b5.png
    Note that the "eating" task is still active.
    She reaches the toilet, sits down and immediately gets up again (probably due to the conflict of eating on the toilet without having a plate handy) and both tasks are gone (as you can see her bladder bar is still the same as in the previous shots):
    1548v92.png

Now I also checked what happened if I queued use toilet when she was doing something else, in this case painting:
    2z8dl5y.png
    Note that she's half way done with the painting and the use toilet action immediately sinks in to the active task part.
    Here, she's almost done painting and still has the use toilet action active, but hasn't moved towards the toilet yet - she went that way after finishing the painting:
    2vdhg1g.png

I also tried to see what would happen if she was just watching tv, and not eating at the same time (no screenshots this time), but she switched the tv off and immediately went to use the toilet.

Seeing as it didn't happen while painting, I think the bug may just actively occur (as it was there when painting, just not acted upon), only with multitaskable actions that are not tied to a specific place. Both eating and watching tv can be done from different places, Sims used to relocate while doing that sometimes (not sure if that still happens now musical chairs has been tweaked). They do however not move while painting. Putting it this way, I think it may have been caused by (amongst other things) the fixing of the musical chairs - but that's just a guess, I have no idea how the game is built that way.

Me too! At least I've only noticed the eating/toilet. I've not had the shower thing yet. But every time this happens, they're in the middle of eating, autonomously queue up going to the toilet, stop eating, go to toilet, and then don't actually use the toilet.

For other reasons, I have just deleted all my previous saves and reset the sims 4 file. I haven't play tested it yet, but I will update here if I find anything different.

ETA: I have no mods and no cc.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Just wanted to add a "me too" about the shower and toilet, although I was playing late last night, so I didn't take screenshots or really study what was happening, but my sim would get in the shower, then get right back out, same thing with the bathtub (I don't remember names, but it was the most expensive tub and most expensive shower in the game) but only 1 bathroom. The same shower in a different room worked fine
  • Options
    hey @LeGardePourpre do you think you could change the title to the thread like the toilet bug :), stacking task problem or something more descriptive. this thread has the most info on the bug so could be helpful for others to look in here first and post here
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    I've had this same problem: Sims dropping tasks to use the toilet. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with "Needs." Traveling to a different lot can temporarily fix it for that lot, but then it comes back if I travel home or to another lot.

I'm playing with a brand new "The Sims 4" folder. No CC. No Mods. New game with newly created Sim. I have tried: Repair Game. Restarting my computer. And letting the game regenerate a "Saves" folder. Rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @dizzydee_k, are you playing set on 64K or 32?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ScripticJusticeScripticJustice Posts: 405 Member
    This is also happening to me as well
    tumblr_m4jumxorJY1qktlzuo1_500.gif
  • Options
    This is also happening to me as well

Hello.
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Delete the slot_00000001.save file. that is in the saves file.
    Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    edited December 2015
    @dizzydee_k, are you playing set on 64K or 32?

I have a Mac - always been 64

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac14,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 16 GB
    Boot ROM Version: IM142.0118.B12
    SMC Version (system): 2.15f7

I've beed playing around with the "Toilet." It seems like it takes precedence over other tasks. If I queue up a number of tasks with the toilet last, as soon as my Sim is a few tasks away from "Use" the toilet everything gets dropped - even if the next to last task is something they could normally multitask with the toilet.

I sent my Sim to the Library and noticed that the other Sims on the lot were "thinking" about and using the toilet more than I seem to recall their doing. But this may just be that I'm more aware of it.

I sent my Sim to the Spa and found that the only way I could get her to stick with a Yoga "Routine" without stoping to use the toilet was to queue up several "Routines." When I did that she did not drop the first and completed it.

If everyone is going to be using the toilet constantly - I'm going to miss the funny "really needs to pee" walk
  • Options
    AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    My sim was at the park, went autonomously to the bathroom, started to use the toilet then got up and went to a different toilet, and used that.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    My sim was at the park, went autonomously to the bathroom, started to use the toilet then got up and went to a different toilet, and used that.

Hello
    If the issues continue, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Delete the slot_00000001.save file. that is in the saves folder.
    Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • Options
    blufaery83blufaery83 Posts: 121 Member
    I'm having the same issue.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Could you guys try closing down your games, delete the localthumbcache.package and restart the game.

You can save.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial