Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    edited November 2015
    Me1620 wrote: »

Just a note, it takes a couple minutes for the introductory clips to play. I see a black screen for at least 2 minutes.

Doesn't NRAAS have a mod to skip those intro screens? Seems like I installed it as part of their instructions to learn how to install mods.

ETA: I found it in ModTheSims. NoIntro.package. It just skips that intro load movie where the kids are all feeling mommy's pregnant tummy ...
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    Readalot1 wrote: »
    Everyone - Oh, and while we're at it, I have a ton of files named ScriptError (extension .XML File) that I think are from the little notifications from ErrorTrap (or OverWatch? I don't know) catching all of my glitchy cars and pets. Do I need to keep these? I'd love to get rid of them, because I already have like a billion of them and I've hardly played since first putting the mods on.

You can delete ScriptErrorBlahBlahBlah.xml from your EA folder. I do that all the time. Those files are only useful if you like to see why the error occurred.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member

Just a note, it takes a couple minutes for the introductory clips to play. I see a black screen for at least 2 minutes.

Doesn't NRAAS have a mod to skip those intro screens? Seems like I installed it as part of their instructions to learn how to install mods.

ETA: I found it in ModTheSims. NoIntro.package. It just skips that intro load movie where the kids are all feeling mommy's pregnant tummy ...

I should have written, it takes a couple of minutes before the introductory clips play. I select the space bar to skip the movie. I did have that mod at one time when I was testing if file set up for mods.

Thanks again for simporting with me and waiting for my Sim to arrive. Saving and exiting took some time. Now, I should call it a night - since it is almost morning here.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Wow, I feel so loved! Thank you for all of the wonderful words, well wishes and comments ─ I appreciate it all.

@simgeek79 ─ I'm so glad that I have you to promote the Simdex! It means a lot that you find it so useful, and that you think it's worth suggesting to newbies. As busy as life is, I really am loving it! Things are fantastic with BF, although we're still waiting for his permanent resident visa to be approved. It should be sometime in the next few weeks, maybe month. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be an early Christmas present for us. We did indeed decide on that new couch, and we've been slowly accumulating more furniture ever since. He even surprised me with a new computer chair, because he knew how uncomfortable the old one was ─ I'd be studying and thesis-writing all day, and then not really want to play Sims or come on the forums, just because I couldn't stand another second in that chair! Now, it's different. :smile:

@ZeeGee ─ thanks again for the recommendation and the nice words! :smiley:

@bekkasan ─ hey Sandi! I'm still deciding about whether to do my PhD; I think I will start sometime in the next few years, but it might not be the beginning of next year. Depends on how things go with getting the right job, and whether I can handle even more study. Glad that the Simdex has been helpful! I can't believe how often I use it. I started reinstalling only select bits of the Store for my CAW project, so I found the Simdex was the easiest way of me deciding what to include. I'm with you on the update. How did things go with Tim? The last I saw he was just about free from hospital or had just come home, I think.

@ahholladay ─ it's so wonderful that you've found the Simdex useful! I started it off for so many little reasons, but it never ceases to amaze me how other Simmers choose to use it. I'd have never thought to keep it with my back-up, but that makes perfect sense!

@Me1620 ─ thanks for your never-ending support, Jodi! I hope all is well with your grandsons. :smile:

@calents ─ thanks for the cookie!

And, of course, @angeljess26 ─ thanks for the tip about the free SimPoints! I also managed to snag 2,000 points. I've been slowly wracking up ad points, too, so I might have to run a competition soon... :wink:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @kellycot1 Hi again Erin! That is cool about waiting on the PhD. Sometimes it is time to work and just go on with life and not study for awhile. :) I've enjoyed not working for awhile, but, am ready to go back when hubby is better...and he is improving everyday. He is home and working with PT and we do the exercises and walk every day. His endurance is low, but, better than when he first got home so that is good. Baby steps still :) I'm glad things are going well with the boyfriend and the chair sounds wonderful! I hope that means more time to work on Sunnydale and I'll have a new world to play in? hehe I just started playing in an 'aussie' themed world made by @Frogprincess_q and finally using my grown up avatar in a game. I should put your avatar in as my BFF when my sims get enuff simoleans to buy more than the lot they are camped on. :)
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited November 2015
    @kellycot1 glad to hear everything is working out well and hope you do get that early Christmas present. You're welcome for the tip about the points.
    @Me1620 - yes, I use the launcher from the icon. I didn't actually know that putting the disk in would work if you had digital EP's until tonight :P I guess it's safe for me to delete them then? I know people hate the launcher (and trust me, that's another thing that takes FOREVER to load - it usually takes me about 9-10 mins to get from clicking desktop icon to launcher to first load screen to second load screen) but I've used it for a long time.
    My old computer used to take ages to start up the sims as well. So we know your pain.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    Here's an update for were we are on the list. This is an update for the next 24 hours. 101, 102, 104, 105, 109, 110 and 111 are all once on the rotation deals. 103, 106 and 107 are all green deals. 108 and 112 are red deals and there are no yellow deals in this section. Enjoy your shopping.

Current Deal

100 ) Serenity Retreat / 1026 / 1539 / 33% / 2 hours (10 ish mins left)
    Not part of any other set or compilation, but included in Sunlit Tides Gold
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 690, # 244 & # 643)

Upcoming deals

101 ) A Little Layered / 54 / 99 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Everyday - Cool Summer Nights; July 2011 Compilation Set
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

102 ) Taft Jug with Flowers / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Contemporary Comfort Bedroom; June 2011 Compilation; Quaint Cottage Collection

103 ) Country Livin' / 390 / 1500 / 74% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2013 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 450 but less than # 384, # 927, # 36)

104 ) Head of the Table / 23 / 72 / 68% / 2 hours
    Part of: Tutor of Tudors; April 2013 Compilation

105 ) Regal Living Kitchen Set / 126 / 238 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Regal Living Set

106 ) Dreams of India / 434 / 1550 / 72% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 161, # 792)

107 ) Chef Jean's Choice Island Cabinet / 14 / 55 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 761)

108 ) Tiki Dining Room Set / 120 / 180 / 33% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Tiki Set; Best of 2010 Collection; Island Escape Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 304, # 966, # 490)

109 ) Mid-Century Modern Study- Plexi-Wonderful Surface Decor / 12 / 25 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bedroom Collection; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; When Worlds Collide Collection

110 ) Hoisted Terra Vineyard Vase / 35 / 61 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Vineyard Villa Furnishings; October 2011 Compilation

111 ) Bayside Bathroom Set / 214 / 246 / 13% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Bayside Set; Best of 2010 Collection

112 ) Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings / 1103 / 1823 / 39% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation, but shares many items with More Magic!, January 2012 Compilation, Best of 2012 Compilation
    Includes: The Soothsayer's Crystal Ball Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 19)
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited November 2015
    Woohoo, I am going to get three green download buttons today - Provence Dreams of India, Country Livin', and Regal Lving Kitchen Set. Cannot wait! :smiley: Thank you everyone for your help, and kindness! <3
    Post edited by Franny on
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    edited November 2015
    @rionismyname - To be able to bypass the launcher, you have to play the game with DVDs. (You cannot bypass the launcher if you play the game from Origin). If you have Windows 7, you double click on this file C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe.

I use the TS3 file in the folder of the DVD I use to play the game. I play with Into the Future DVD. I bypass the launcher by selecting the TS3EP11.exe file found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Into the Future\Game\Bin\TS3EP11.exe I have saved a shortcut to this file on my desktop and click on it, but you could double click on the file to start your game.

The file name changes depending on the base game, expansion pack or stuff pack you start the game with. For an expansion pack, it is TS3EP and the number of the expansion pack. For a stuff pack, it is TS3SP and the number of the stuff pack. For the base game, the file is TS3W.exe

Funny, I have always thought we have to use the file of the DVD we start the game with. However, I wanted to make sure I gave you correct information and checked crinrict's Bypass the Launcher blog and she simply mentioned the TS3W.exe file in the base game folder. I tried it and my game open.

@Me1620 ok thanks trying it out now (launcher takes 15min to open for me)
    edited to add tried it (I use into the future disk also) and it still opened the launcher after 15min :(
    Post edited by rionismyname on
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    @ZeeGee, oh, I wish they would have fixed that! I like using the launcher and being able to install store content while in the game, but not at the expense of being able to actually play the game. Oh, and you've helped me again, lol! I haven't looked at my wishlist in forever, so I went to take some of the big stuff off and add some little things that would help complete sets and I saw that I already had the green download button on one of the sets! Not sure how I missed that one. :D Anyway, here's my wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ahholladay#

@Readalot1, sorry I'm just now seeing this, but looks like other people have answered most of your questions. One thing I've experienced to watch out for since switching to this method of starting the game is this: everything was going along fine and then I started the game one time with Origin open (I thought I had closed it, but it was still running in the background) and when I went into the game, the little store ad thingy came up in the upper right corner and I knew I had messed up. So I learned that the launcher is not the only way they get you with those .tmp files and Featured Item thumbnails; having Origin open seems to generate those as well. I quit the game, went back out, cleaned out my folders again, and shut Origin down using task manager. Just for good measure, I also disconnected from the internet, lol. I didn't want to take any chances. Now I'm back to my clean, quick-running CAS. It's made all the difference in the world for me. :) Good luck!

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Yay, I'll be able to grab Dreams of India when I come home from work for less than 50 sim points. And huge thanks to those who suggested logging out and back into the Sims 3 site. When I did that, I was able to redeem the free sim points and I was able to buy my last points world, Lunar Lakes! :grin:
  • Options

Thanks again for simporting with me and waiting for my Sim to arrive. Saving and exiting took some time. Now, I should call it a night - since it is almost morning here.

You're welcome. My game saved (I hope!), but it still gave me one last poke in the ribs when I tried to quit. Silly simport!

• Options
    AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    Totally didn't realize the Dreams of India was different to the other India sets I already had! Hope to get it!
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,369 Member
    @ahholladay A little advice to help you get people gifting you, I hope you don't mind! Your wishlist has some single items that are also in sets (the rebel without a cause set), and some items that don't give you a discount on sets (the big tv). I was going to gift you the big screen but then realized it won't give you a discount on the Cinema, so maybe put the Cinema on your wishlist and take the big screen off? Unless you just don't want the cinema. There is a good thread by @anettesb on how to clean up your wishlist so people can gift you and make it count the most. Also putting your wish list in your signature line would help us gift you at random just cause we feel like it. :)

Wow, check me out, giving gifting advice. The little sprout has become a... well not a tree. Maybe a plant. :)
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    edited November 2015
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @ahholladay A little advice to help you get people gifting you, I hope you don't mind! Your wishlist has some single items that are also in sets (the rebel without a cause set), and some items that don't give you a discount on sets (the big tv). I was going to gift you the big screen but then realized it won't give you a discount on the Cinema, so maybe put the Cinema on your wishlist and take the big screen off? Unless you just don't want the cinema. There is a good thread by @anettesb on how to clean up your wishlist so people can gift you and make it count the most. Also putting your wish list in your signature line would help us gift you at random just cause we feel like it. :)

Wow, check me out, giving gifting advice. The little sprout has become a... well not a tree. Maybe a plant. :)

@ZeeGee, ha ha, I'm such a newbie to the whole gifting thing! I had just taken the Cinema off because I thought, 'Oh, that's too big an item' and I didn't even realize it doesn't have the complete your set discount. Thanks for the tips! I'll have to check out the thread and clean my wishlist up a bit. That's something I've been wanting to do anyway. That whole patch thing has gotten me newly inspired to get my store content bought, backed up, and organized! :)

Thanks so much for the gifts!! It feels like Christmas morning, lol! :)

ETA: I just thought to logout of the store and log back in to see, and the Stancke items you gifted me have reduced my price for the set a BUNCH!

Also, this seems like a good spot to say 'Thank You!' to @StephSteb, too, for the James D. jacket. I can't wait to see all my new content in the game! :)

Post edited by simsinmysleep on
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    @ahholladay We have all been in your shoes! You learn as you go. And you're welcome!
  • Options
    @ahholladay @ZeeGee while the Large as life movie screen doesn't give credit to Le cinema plumbob (not CYS) it does give credit to March 2013 compilation (is CYS)
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    @ahholladay @ZeeGee while the Large as life movie screen doesn't give credit to Le cinema plumbob (not CYS) it does give credit to March 2013 compilation (is CYS)

oh I forgot that with march 2013 you get le cinema plumbob now after being reminded that I wont be so hesitant to sent large as life movie screen I just mention march 2013 in message lol
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for the help @ahholladay ! I haven't had a chance to go into CAS yet to see if it works, but when I do I'll let you know. I do use the launcher, but I don't think I ever have Origin open....oh well, I'll just have to keep an eye on the .tmp files the same as I do the .package files and delete them periodically.

Congrats @Cabelle1863 ! I know how you feel because I finally have enough for Aurora Skies! (basic, not the rip-off they call a gold edition). After that I just have Lunar Lakes and Lucky Palms, which I'm not even sure I want that badly....those will probably be the last things I get on my quest to own the store...
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hey, is anyone else getting an error code when they try to go into their purchase history/store account? It says that the store's "security certificate" expired yesterday. Whaaat?

When I clicked "continue to site anyway" the page was super glitchy. Does anyone know a workaround? I'm using Google Chrome, and I haven't tried it on Firefox yet.

Firefox says the same thing even before I can log into the site!!!!
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    @angeljess26 Thanks for clarifying that, did not know that. So maybe I'm just a little twig :)
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Hey, is anyone else getting an error code when they try to go into their purchase history/store account? It says that the store's "security certificate" expired yesterday. Whaaat?

When I clicked "continue to site anyway" the page was super glitchy. Does anyone know a workaround? I'm using Google Chrome, and I haven't tried it on Firefox yet.

Firefox says the same thing even before I can log into the site!!!!

I am having the issue where it just won't load after I put in my password. I've tried a few times, and no luck. I can go to other pages, but cannot access my purchase history. I suppose they managed to break something again. :s
  • Options
    @Readalot1 I'm not getting that on the Sims 3 store but I can't access my purchase history from my game anymore. I click on downloads and after freezing for ages it says I need to be signed in, redirects me to a sign in window where it shows I AM signed in. I've tried signing out and signing back in but that doesn't work. When I try clicking on purchase history in that window I get the endless circle. :( I did try going to worlds and downloading one and that worked.

This is a brand new game with zero mods. My other games are safely tucked away.

I have not updated.
  • Options
    R3imiuR3imiu Posts: 256 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »

@ZeeGee
    a climbing ivy? (get it?) anyways good advice for all! *goes off to tidy up wishlist*
    [✨R3imiu's Alot of Lots Showcase✨] (forum & origin username is same: R3imiu )
    a1EEcS1.gif
    Me playing games like: Sims 3, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pocket Monsters 3DS, Sims 4
    ⍟ᴥ⍟ i watch my sims sleep
  • Options
    R3imiu wrote: »
    a climbing ivy? (get it?) anyways good advice for all! *goes off to tidy up wishlist*

Yeah that's me :D Love your gif, that's me too. I've barely slept since the beginning of 'update gate'. I've already had one game that I loved destroyed and a wonderful community of dear friends slowly dissipated. Now it seems to me like EAs trying to do it again. I'm upset.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top