Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Thanks @angeljess26 and @Kaime226 :smiley:@scillakees mentioned it last night but when I checked, I didn't have the button. I just read your post angeljess26 so I tried logging off and back on like you suggested and there it was! Yay!! Off to gift!! :smiley:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    R3imiuR3imiu Posts: 256 Member
    > @simgeek79 said:
    > Thanks angeljess26 and Kaime226 :smiley: scillakees mentioned it last night but when I checked, I didn't have the button. I just read your post angeljess26 so I tried logging off and back on like you suggested and there it was! Yay!! Off to gift!! :smiley:

i tried logging off & on 2 times but didnt see anything :(
    [✨R3imiu's Alot of Lots Showcase✨] (forum & origin username is same: R3imiu )
    a1EEcS1.gif
    Me playing games like: Sims 3, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pocket Monsters 3DS, Sims 4
    ⍟ᴥ⍟ i watch my sims sleep
  • Options
    JaylinJaylin Posts: 15 New Member
    edited November 2015
    My thanks to @angeljess and to @Kaime226, as well. Without you two I wouldn't have even known about those free points and probably would've completely missed them. My goodness, 2000 points. It's like an early christmas gift. I'm so thrilled. :)
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited November 2015
    OK so I was just catching up on the stuff on my my page on the sims 3 site and saw a button that said redeem free simpoints, thought it would probably take me to the store pages and have ads but it didn't. It took me to an accept terms and conditions page, I clicked accept and it gave me 1000 free points. Unfortunately didn't take a screenshot.

Thank you so much for sharing this! Now I have an extra 1000 sp to spend on helping others own the store. :)

I don't log on to the site much anymore unless I am gifting or collecting ads because I have to check the DD prices vs. the spreadsheet (just in case there are changes at the store's end). I can't see the price unless I'm logged off since I own all of it. Unfortunately that means that I can easily miss other stuff, too. Good thing there are awesome people here to keep me updated!

Also, @anjeljess26, thank you for posting the upcoming deals this morning!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @trithone you're welcome times two. I guess it is morning but it wasn't when I posted the deals lol.
    Good night all.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    R3imiu wrote: »
    > @simgeek79 said:
    > Thanks angeljess26 and Kaime226 :smiley: scillakees mentioned it last night but when I checked, I didn't have the button. I just read your post angeljess26 so I tried logging off and back on like you suggested and there it was! Yay!! Off to gift!! :smiley:

Ahh that is disappointing.

I guess this glitch might only work for long-time Simmers where the EA database has somehow forgotten that we've already registered and claimed the free points but it still has a recent record for new-comers to TS3 :(

Or I could be completely wrong! :confused:
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Just popping in to say 'thanks' for all the help recently! The Simdex by @kellycot1 is just the most awesome thing ever, lol. I love that I have a record that I can keep in my store content backup folder and know that if the store ever goes away, I still have all my goodies and a nice, clear catalog of what it all looks like. :)

And @ZeeGee not only pointed me in the direction of the Simdex, but said something over in the S3 patch thread that solved the ONE problem I had running S3 (clothes, accessories, etc loading so slowly that it made me not want to create sims anymore) -- that the launcher was creating .tmp files that could slow things up. I was already using NRAAS to show those items in compact form, which definitely helped, but it was still PAINFULLY slow, but after getting rid of those unnecessary files and then starting the game without the launcher? Clothes loaded so fast that I almost wanted to cry with happiness, lol! I'm a happy simmer right now.

And now y'all have pointed me in the direction of 1000 free simpoints, which is awesome because now that my clothes are loading quickly, I can get some from the store (with my free points) that I've wanted for a long time but didn't bother with because it would have made a bad loading situation even worse.

Seriously, thanks all, so much! :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    Do you have to download the update through Origin or can it be manually downloaded like previous patches?

The patch for Sims 3 will automatically download if you have Origin set to automatically update itself and your games.

To anyone else looking at the patch, be aware that NRASS is not supporting the patch at this time, so if you use their mods it may break them.
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I just saw that chain has already released a fix for error trap, which is the only one affected by the update in the Nraas mods. :) So if you did the update and have Error Trap go update it at the Nraas site. :)

Someone mentioned if you don't want to update, turn origin offline and then check the don't update automatically box and that worked for them. My origin is offline all the time unless I need to redownload something and I don't really want to test it....chicken here. :)
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    @trithone you're welcome times two. I guess it is morning but it wasn't when I posted the deals lol.
    Good night all.

Morning for me. Ahh...the problem with living on a round planet that spins. :)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    No button for redeeming sim points for me. Bummer.
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    The 1000 free simpoints worked for me. :smiley:

I'm still have internet connection issues. I've contacted my isp 3 times now and still haven't gotten an answer back. Don't know what is going on. :(
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    R3imiu wrote: »
    > @simgeek79 said:
    Ahh that is disappointing.
    I guess this glitch might only work for long-time Simmers where the EA database has somehow forgotten that we've already registered and claimed the free points but it still has a recent record for new-comers to TS3 :(
    Or I could be completely wrong! :confused:
    @ajaxpost Well that theory would explain why I could only find one lot and some people found two. I didn't register WA till earlier this year.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,997 Member
    @angeljess26 - I have only found one point download button so far, but I registered both the base game and WA when they were released.

@bekkasan - I am not doing the update either until I hear more about it. I have no desire to only load a few of the expansions. My computer handles playing with all of them, but that may be because I use a couple mods (that I want to continue to work). I had gone on Origin to turn off auto downloads and Sims 3 started to update. I quickly cancelled and unchecked the button. I caught it on time because I have an icon notifying me that Sims 3 has an update. I have the pre-2012 DVDs and I always bypass the launcher.

@kellycot1 - So good to hear from you. What wonderful news about your thesis, notice about the PhD program and being picked up by two publications!
    trithone wrote: »
    I don't log on to the site much anymore unless I am gifting or collecting ads because I have to check the DD prices vs. the spreadsheet (just in case there are changes at the store's end). I can't see the price unless I'm logged off since I own all of it. Unfortunately that means that I can easily miss other stuff, too. Good thing there are awesome people here to keep me updated!
    @trithone - I am always logged on. If you select the Sims 3 plumbob on the top left corner of the sims 3 site, it takes you to the home page. The Daily Deal box on the bottom left shows the DD price even if you own the item. The only problem is that the box does not update immediately after the deals change. Another option -I use Chrome and I open another window in incognito mode. Internet Explorer has inPrivate browsing which probably is the same thing.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    edited November 2015
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Hope all is well. I'm following the Sims 3 update drama and thought I should drop in here to say hi. Things are going well for me -- I have a nasty cold at the moment, but that does little to rain on my parade! I just submitted my Honours thesis (which I think is like a senior's thesis in the US), so yay for me. I also just presented at a postgraduate symposium (as the only Honours student), which was incredible, and just yesterday received a notice that I have been "conditionally recommended to be admitted" to the PhD program at my university. I've also picked up one day a week at two different news publications, so life is still very busy.

Congratulations @kellycot1! That is super fantastic! :smiley::cookie:

Edited because the cookies didn't want to post for some reason...
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    @Me1620 how do you bypass the launcher?
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    @rionismyname - To be able to bypass the launcher, you have to play the game with DVDs. (You cannot bypass the launcher if you play the game from Origin). If you have Windows 7, you double click on this file C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe.

I use the TS3 file in the folder of the DVD I use to play the game. I play with Into the Future DVD. I bypass the launcher by selecting the TS3EP11.exe file found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Into the Future\Game\Bin\TS3EP11.exe I have saved a shortcut to this file on my desktop and click on it, but you could double click on the file to start your game.

The file name changes depending on the base game, expansion pack or stuff pack you start the game with. For an expansion pack, it is TS3EP and the number of the expansion pack. For a stuff pack, it is TS3SP and the number of the stuff pack. For the base game, the file is TS3W.exe

Funny, I have always thought we have to use the file of the DVD we start the game with. However, I wanted to make sure I gave you correct information and checked crinrict's Bypass the Launcher blog and she simply mentioned the TS3W.exe file in the base game folder. I tried it and my game open.

Just a note, it takes a couple minutes for the introductory clips to play. I see a black screen for at least 2 minutes.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,372 Member
    @ZeeGee you're welcome just double check because @Jaceigh was able to do it twice. One lot for base game and one for World Adventures.

@angeljess26 Thank you. :smile: I've tried a few times but just got it the once, but hey, that's awesome still!
    ahholladay wrote: »
    And @ZeeGee not only pointed me in the direction of the Simdex, but said something over in the S3 patch thread that solved the ONE problem I had running S3 (clothes, accessories, etc loading so slowly that it made me not want to create sims anymore) -- that the launcher was creating .tmp files that could slow things up. I was already using NRAAS to show those items in compact form, which definitely helped, but it was still PAINFULLY slow, but after getting rid of those unnecessary files and then starting the game without the launcher? Clothes loaded so fast that I almost wanted to cry with happiness, lol! I'm a happy simmer right now.

@ahholladay Soooo happy to have helped someone else with this issue! Now why didn't EA fix THAT, instead of fixing something that didn't need fixing?! Also would you please link your wishlist? I've got a thousand SP that's burnin' a hole in my pocket :D

• Options
    Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    edited November 2015
    @ahholladay - I have the exact same problem! It's impossibly slow. I thought getting rid of the thumbnail pictures would help, and it did a little bit, but now I have to wait for all of the clothes (and build/buy items) to recreate and re-load the pictures because they first show up as blank.

@ZeeGee , how do I fix this? I've been trying to find your post about it, but for me, navigating this forum has always been like running into a block wall :P Where are the .tmp files located?

Edits:

Everyone - Oh, and while we're at it, I have a ton of files named ScriptError (extension .XML File) that I think are from the little notifications from ErrorTrap (or OverWatch? I don't know) catching all of my glitchy cars and pets. Do I need to keep these? I'd love to get rid of them, because I already have like a billion of them and I've hardly played since first putting the mods on.

I also tried the 'redeem free simpoints' and it worked for me twice! It shows up as 'registered Sims 3' and 'registered World Adventures' on my MyPage. But then again, I bought them on disk way back when the first came out, and have had them registered for just as long.
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    ..... Now why didn't EA fix THAT, instead of fixing something that didn't need fixing?!
    That's an excellent question.

@Readalot1 - the tmp files are in C:\Users\your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,372 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Readalot1 Here is the specific post, hope it helps you! Hope this new patch thing doesn't mess up this method.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13903969/#Comment_13903969

PS: You can delete those scripterror files. :)
  • Options
    Sigh....I should probably move this to another thread, but I'll just ask one last question here. Can I just manually delete each of the .tmp files? I have a mixture of disk games, downloaded/digital content games, and now mods, and I think I'm going to pull my hair out if I have to start all of this fixing-the-sims-yet-again from scratch :'''''''(

When I pull it up (thanks for the location @Me1620 ), it looks like they're just copies of the .ebc files. Does this mean that the .tmp files will regenerate every time I play the game?
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    @Readalot1 - They will only regenerate if you use the launcher to start the game. Is your base game a DVD and pre-2012? If so, you can bypass the launcher by starting the game from this file C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

• Options
    @Me1620 - yes, I use the launcher from the icon. I didn't actually know that putting the disk in would work if you had digital EP's until tonight :P I guess it's safe for me to delete them then? I know people hate the launcher (and trust me, that's another thing that takes FOREVER to load - it usually takes me about 9-10 mins to get from clicking desktop icon to launcher to first load screen to second load screen) but I've used it for a long time.
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    When I use the TS3W file, I get a black screen for about 2 minutes before the game starts. Definitely refer to ZeeGee's post if you have any problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top