Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LEAKED! Early Gameplay of the Sims 4 + new information.

Comments

• Options
    tytu124tytu124 Posts: 23 New Member
    > @Scobre said:
    > Here was the loading screen for it:
    >
    >
    > Some box art:
    >
    >
    > Billboards:

well this new i never seen this what is it >? is for tablet
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    There are actually concept arts of Olympus that look like Windenburg. I think Maxis is still using a lot of the Olympus assets in packs. Why there is mostly YA/Adult stuff because those were going to be the only two life stages in the online game. I honestly don't expect to see a lot of family play coming into this iteration because of that.

I was pretty offended when they announced GT and showed pics of Windenburg. I was like...hey, they've been developing that since before the game released. So basically, we could have had 3 worlds and all these extra features in the base game, but they held them back to release as an EP. Had they put this club system and other features from GT in the base, I think it would have been a much stronger base game than the emptiness we got.

Being fair, the world that leaked with the base game, is VERY different from Windenburg. They just kept the idea of a Tudor theme.
    Screenshots show there is almost no similarities at all.

Please show me the screenshots-because the ones I've seen look very similar. I'd link but EA don't like Honeywell news.

The tudor world was more "Riviera" themed.

68d.jpg

And had some areas of actual country side.

85d.jpg

The original world was mostly tudor. Windenburg has a similar vibe, but these areas aren't shown to be on the art for the final version:

Also, Windenburg is a coastal town with beaches. The original world wasn't coastal.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Mstybl95 wrote: »
    There are actually concept arts of Olympus that look like Windenburg. I think Maxis is still using a lot of the Olympus assets in packs. Why there is mostly YA/Adult stuff because those were going to be the only two life stages in the online game. I honestly don't expect to see a lot of family play coming into this iteration because of that.

I was pretty offended when they announced GT and showed pics of Windenburg. I was like...hey, they've been developing that since before the game released. So basically, we could have had 3 worlds and all these extra features in the base game, but they held them back to release as an EP. Had they put this club system and other features from GT in the base, I think it would have been a much stronger base game than the emptiness we got.

Being fair, the world that leaked with the base game, is VERY different from Windenburg. They just kept the idea of a Tudor theme.
    Screenshots show there is almost no similarities at all.

Please show me the screenshots-because the ones I've seen look very similar. I'd link but EA don't like Honeywell news.

The tudor world was more "Riviera" themed.

68d.jpg

And had some areas of actual country side.

85d.jpg

The original world was mostly tudor. Windenburg has a similar vibe, but these areas aren't shown to be on the art for the final version:

Also, Windenburg is a coastal town with beaches. The original world wasn't coastal.

But there are those other concept arts of the town with beaches yes? Like a mix of the two concepts. Pretty sure that is on @Scobre link she gave earlier :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    tytu124 wrote: »

It was for the Sims 4 when it was going to be an online game called the Sims Olympus project. But Maxis decided not to go through with it after SimCity 2013 servers started having issues.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    tytu124 wrote: »

It was for the Sims 4 when it was going to be an online game called the Sims Olympus project. But Maxis decided not to go through with it after SimCity 2013 servers started having issues.

And many sim city fans rejected online only play and called for offline mode.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Here was the Windenburg type of pictures from Olympus and concept arts: http://simnationblog.tumblr.com/post/88458631980/the-sims-4-environments

Yep, they already have the siding for the houses, a hold over from Olympus. lol I wish they would have left the camera features down at the bottom as seen in that Olympus UI. Easy to operate there.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    09_WORLD_MAP_revised5.jpg

B9Ggri6CUAEzaAJ.png:large

One word is set in the mountains and valleys, one is coastal. Similar, but rebuilt from scratch.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    No wonder why this game feels so incomplete I still say life stories freeplay was way better than this story mode eh but the consoles sims I used to play that more than computer until I got Sims 2 and than it was goodbye console sims so now EA made a big mistake because they couldn't see the difference between console sims, life story sims, and the actual PC sims game all I can say is wow.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I would love to have seen where they would have gone originally, it looked pretty amazing to me. I also would love to see what 4 would have been if it had not had the start it did, I bet it would have been amazing, too.

I agree about wanting to see what it looked like. I'm not an online gamer, so I would never have bought the game they described. But if they had done the spin off and worked on an actual sims game simultaneously, when would they have started that? in 2012? If so, they'd still be working on it b/c generally it takes them 4 to 5 years to make a sims game...at least that's my understanding.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Veronaville+2.png

The design of Windunburg doesn't look like this.
  • Options
    09_WORLD_MAP_revised5.jpg

B9Ggri6CUAEzaAJ.png:large

One word is set in the mountains and valleys, one is coastal. Similar, but rebuilt from scratch.

Does anyone other than me see that is the map for the TSM? Or am I the only one. Top left hill, where the churches and forest set. Top Right hill where the castle sets. Far right (top) Doctor and Wizard house. Middle of map, town square, right side middle, the bard house, etc. I see it as clear as day even if the roads are different on this one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited October 2015
    I prefer Windenburg and TS4 as it is now, though. Yes, online gaming is fun and all but stay away from my sims experience with it.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I did find this article that has some of the GT trailer pictures in it. https://simplerealty.wordpress.com/2015/08/06/one-year-later-still-releasing-remnants-of-olympus/

Anyway pretty cool both have the clock tower and mountain backgrounds. I said Olympus assets were used. It doesn't mean an exact copy was made, but a lot of the same textures and files probably being used for both games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Veronaville+2.png

Bet you get that clock, one way or another. lol

ETA: @jackjack_k Do you not see the very same assets in that Sim's house? Hello, same coffee table, bed, furniture etc. It's all over the place. Just scraped parts being used in this game. ETA: TS4 is not built from scratch but uses Olympus assets and gameplay and worlds and etc.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited October 2015
    Ooooooooooh, I wish they would have stayed with the original idea, as I'm one of the few that enjoyed (and owned) all the spin off games. My daughter still plays Life Stories and Bustin' Out, as well as Castaway. I would have enjoyed checking this out. It looks like it would have been a fun little venture. Edit: That scenery was amazing in the video!

While a very interesting (and a head-shaking) read/viewing, it doesn't really change a whole lot for me, as I still enjoy playing the game. The one thing it does change for me, is it does make me wonder if the game can handle the content that an entire sims installment generates. Perhaps this first rather lackluster year was spent hauling butt to do more than just give us ghosts, pools, etc (perhaps they were tweaking coding too)? I don't know, and since we can't even get confirmation about far less lackluster things, I doubt we'll ever hear any official word on that. It certainly strengthens my decision to only purchase the content that really appeals to me... which I'm doing a really bad job at, since I picked up Kitchen Stuff last week. >.< I'll play the way I always have, though, picking up the things I like, passing on those I don't. It is what it is, and I can't rewind time to 2012 to tell them they should do things different so I can check out this neat rendition in the preview. lol When I'm no longer having fun, I'll shelve the series and walk away as I have done with many other games.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I really wanted them to have continued with their original idea... It would be nice to have a completely different sims game, as long as they would proceed to develop a true The Sims 4. I like online games, I still think it would be fun to play The Sims with friends and meet new people, if it were done right.
    And that concept in the video... I don't know how they went from that real grass and clouds to what we have now... And the game was going to be online at that point! The lighting also look so nice! I really wonder what the game could have been if they went with that.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    @jackjack_k how did you find this? Does it change your opinion a bit?

Also, it's weird that we now have a developer confirming the Sims 4 wasn't originally the Sims 4. What plans did they have for the actual Sims 4? Is it being saved for Sims 5?

All these questions now we have confirmation. I don't really know what to feel :(

Wasn't Olympus canceled by 2012-2013 and they converted into the Sims 4? A true sequel would have started development long before that.

The truth is that the Sims 4 was never going to happen in the first place. But they couldn't just let Olympus die without turning a profit so we got what we got...which is the Sims "4".
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    dmel15 wrote: »
    All I can say is, to those people who argued about how Sims 4 was a complete game and felt like a sequel and Sims 3 was the side game, you can read it and weep! This is fact! They admitted Sims 4 was not intended to be a main game and instead a side game, which only backs up my point that they need to scrap this piece of junk. Why are we putting up with this game that is limited because of their poor decision making? They need to scrap Sims 4 and move on to a proper Sims sequel that we deserve, as loyal fans of the series who have poured thousands of dollars into this franchise we deserve nothing less.

I disagree. As someone who calls himself a TS3 fanboy I still don't want them to scrap anything since I have been enjoying every second I did spend in my TS4 game. Also with Get Together being released soon this game could become my new favourite easily.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    So it's like if they scrapped MySims and selled it as "The Sims 3"?
    🐸🐸🐸🐸
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Veronaville+2.png

Bet you get that clock, one way or another. lol

ETA: @jackjack_k Do you not see the very same assets in that Sim's house? Hello, same coffee table, bed, furniture etc. It's all over the place. Just scraped parts being used in this game. ETA: TS4 is not built from scratch but uses Olympus assets and gameplay and worlds and etc.

That pic has always made me question the team. Several times before launch we saw screens depicting objects that do not have the same colors. That bed (texture wise) for example, is not in the final game. They purposely removed color variants that they previously depicted and I see no rhyme or reason for that.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top