Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LEAKED! Early Gameplay of the Sims 4 + new information.

1181920212224...Next

Comments

• Options
    DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    Yes !!! Love this!!
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    sam123 wrote: »
    It looked like they had that lighting already in the game but removed it and now it's coming back.

It was being worked on. No guarantee that it was ready at launch. Most likely got sidelined to focus on other things leading up to launch.

---This is another thing that annoys me about the silence. We know you ran out of time. Just say you're working on cool features. Dang...customer service is not rocket science.

They have the weirdest marketing team. They really do. Like the Sims devs are the only ones that seem quiet about almost everything up until a few weeks before something releases.

All other games I play usually hype awesome things they have planned or are working on to make everyone excited for what's to come.

Could be because of the game engine - It might be fickle and not so easy to work with?
  • Options
    Keith94Keith94 Posts: 11 New Member
    Could some one try to make such a mod for Sims 4 or am I just being ignored since I am a new comer to this forum. I am sure with the new additions for wrinkles added to Sims 4 and the arthritis modifiction. I am sure that the Sims 4 version of the gradual aging mod would be a whole lot better if some one will just do something about it rather than just talk about it. No wonder it has never been done and we are criticiizing EA for not doing something. I have just acquired the needed programs for my computer in order to try to have some action myself and not just have words myself. But I have the disadvantage of inexperience and lack of knowledge but some of you. I am sure don't have that disadvantage clearly with some of the mods for Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4 that I have found that you have achieved. Please just do something and not just sit around and talk about it. Or is it true that a game like Sims 4 is too complex for and idea such as a gradual aging mod/expansion Pack especially for normal computers such as our own.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    NECRO, NECRO, NECRO
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Keith94 wrote: »
    Could some one try to make such a mod for Sims 4 or am I just being ignored since I am a new comer to this forum. I am sure with the new additions for wrinkles added to Sims 4 and the arthritis modifiction. I am sure that the Sims 4 version of the gradual aging mod would be a whole lot better if some one will just do something about it rather than just talk about it. No wonder it has never been done and we are criticiizing EA for not doing something. I have just acquired the needed programs for my computer in order to try to have some action myself and not just have words myself. But I have the disadvantage of inexperience and lack of knowledge but some of you. I am sure don't have that disadvantage clearly with some of the mods for Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4 that I have found that you have achieved. Please just do something and not just sit around and talk about it. Or is it true that a game like Sims 4 is too complex for and idea such as a gradual aging mod/expansion Pack especially for normal computers such as our own.

Maybe try asking in the modding section?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content

@catmando830 ikr :/
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    They Had CARS!!!!! I so want those put Back in, yup, :).
  • Options
    nasTdudenasTdude Posts: 95 Member
    I knew about olympus and all that but woah. the grass and sims look better in that video then what we have now..
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    There are actually concept arts of Olympus that look like Windenburg. I think Maxis is still using a lot of the Olympus assets in packs. Why there is mostly YA/Adult stuff because those were going to be the only two life stages in the online game. I honestly don't expect to see a lot of family play coming into this iteration because of that.

I was pretty offended when they announced GT and showed pics of Windenburg. I was like...hey, they've been developing that since before the game released. So basically, we could have had 3 worlds and all these extra features in the base game, but they held them back to release as an EP. Had they put this club system and other features from GT in the base, I think it would have been a much stronger base game than the emptiness we got.

Being fair, the world that leaked with the base game, is VERY different from Windenburg. They just kept the idea of a Tudor theme.
    Screenshots show there is almost no similarities at all.

I'm going to gamble they took the world in the Olympus and or which ever version you have in your OP example, and are reworking it for this game. Just as much as they didn't actually build from the ground up Newcrest but took parts of the other towns in the base and threw them together to come up with New Crest. This game sure recycles a lot of stuff. And being pieced together is why Newcrest is so buggy. Like on some lots if you place a lot that has a foundation and then bulldoze the next building you try to place or build will still have a foundation. Or the land isn't level in some spots on some lots. That's what happens when you patch stuff together.

You might try replacing it with the original lot at the Newcrest world view ( just upload it to your library from an untouched game and then download the empty lot from that Newcrest world screen). I had a buggy caldron I had placed in a park in OS and even when I deleted the park at park level the caldron remained... But when I did the above it went away.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Well, what can I say... It looks like they were headed in the right direction but they strayed. That grass is sooo much better than what they gave us now. Plus the textures and the water... :o This makes me annoyed. Why would they get rid of this??? :/
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Dat map view was 10 times better than the stuff we have, though I'm guessing by then, they didn't have closed worlds.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    This has honestly disappointed me a little bit. I knew since launch that it used to be split up into online, story and freeplay but I didn't know all the details. It explains so much of The Sims 4's problems, and the major ones (like culling) should be really hard, maybe even impossible to completely remove as it was designed on a smaller scope. I just hope if they bring out The Sims 5 they make it how they intended The Sims 4 to be. I wish they just released this game and Sims 4 separately or just scrap this completely and delay The Sims 4 to build it from scratch :neutral:
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2016
    Oh, this really makes me laugh the fact that the detail was reduced to support the half-baked computers or main stream computers. This shows what type of fan base EA and Maxis is really after. No not the Dedicated Gamers, they want all gamers. How do you get the main stream PC back up with the Gaming PC so that we can get good games from The Sims instead of half baked games to satisfy those on low end pcs.

Meanwhile, while Maxis and EA is messing around with the bigger, but less deserving market other simulation companies are making headway to finally be able to compete with Maxis and EA in the actual gaming market.

Maxis EA better get "Dedicated Gamer" market back before other companies like Giant end up making a people simulation game. They are currently stuck on farming simulation, but they hold promise to someday be able to compete with The Sims.

Edit: Here is the break down of the markets and why most games don't target the main stream market:
    60% Company IT lab, Tech and Company infrastructure, including websites, domains and email server, this includes corporate employees.
    30% Government IT tech which includes websites, archieves, public access such as libraries, schools k-12 and secondary school systems such as colleges state universities or academies.

10% Individual users buying a computer solely for watching movies, listing to music school or personal home business computer, some with casual interest in gameplay.

Dedicated Gaming Market:

70% MMORGS
    20% Sandbox MMORGS
    10% single player games.

You may get more 4/10 in each category for the dedicated gaming market, but for the Main Stream market your numbers fall a lot with 3/20 in only the non commercial categories.

Here is the problem Maxis and EA can't compete with the 70% MMORG and the 20% Sandbox MMORGS, but does good in single player market for the Dedicated gaming, this is only like 4% of the total market is a fan of The Sims. The Main Stream market you can forget the 60% corporate market unless you count gave development as a percentage, but I wouldn't, so you only have 40% of the market left which isn't a lot. You can forget about the 30% Government market unless are president and other government officials happy to be sims fans you can rule this market it. So you are only left with 10% of that market, which makes a lot of sense why Maxis is on borrowed time to decide which market to support more the main stream or the Dedicated Gaming market neither is capable of supporting them on their own, so they need both markets.
    Post edited by Sid1701D9 on
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Well, as has been said before, maybe they should stop trying to use statistics and data to design games. If they just focused on making a great simulation game it's my opinion that all those stats would mean nothing because it would attract all kinds of players. But what do I know, right? Let them just continue to run this game into the ground based on all their superior data gathering methods. Maybe then a competitor will be more interested in developing a life sim game.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Unfortunately, you are asking too munch from a company that has always had its fan base mostly in the main stream systems. There just isn't enough players that are interested in simulation play compared to an action adventure market, with first player style play. So I would see why Maxis EA wants to try to maintain that market. The gaming computer market didn't really exist during Sim City original, Sim City 2 and Sim City 3, but started around Sim City 4. The faster pass of producing hardware is splitting the gaming community right down the line. Two the Right exist the games the Hard core gamers want to play on the most advanced systems, on the left is games people want to play, but they don't have to be on the best systems, and than you got those that want to play those games on the left, but want the highest detail on the right.

So how do you build a game that caters to both groups and the ones in the middle. The answer is in reality it is impossible, because anytime you try to increase performance at the lower end, you end up compromising performance at the higher range.

So if you want the game to play on both the high end and low end machines, you have to compromise graphics quality on the high end to be able to make it playable on the low end.
    Maxis is the only known company I know that is trying to make their games work for both low end and high end computers.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top