Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LEAKED! Early Gameplay of the Sims 4 + new information.

Comments

• Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    dmel15 wrote: »
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Some simmers will like it, some won't. There's nothing wrong with either opinion.

Exactly. Luckily I was finally able to adapt my "playstyle" and make it work for TS4 since my "TS3-Me" really hated this game before.
    In the end it was my ambivalent approach towards the game which made me sympathize with those who still don't like it at all. I feel you (at least one half of me does :P ). It does not change the fact that I still love it though =) . If you are flexible you can enjoy it.

I shouldn't have to be flexible and adjust to like the game. The game should offer what I like and how I play, this is where Sims 3 failed for a lot of people who liked Rotational play, and Sims 4 fails a lot of playstyles when it shouldn't.

I disagree. Players have always been adapting to "new" systems and gameplay. Without this gaming would stagnate.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Wow this concept was amazing. Why they didnt keep this modes on the final game? It's great!
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    Very interesting stuff @jackjack_k. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Some simmers will like it, some won't. There's nothing wrong with either opinion.

Exactly. Luckily I was finally able to adapt my "playstyle" and make it work for TS4 since my "TS3-Me" really hated this game before.
    In the end it was my ambivalent approach towards the game which made me sympathize with those who still don't like it at all. I feel you (at least one half of me does :P ). It does not change the fact that I still love it though =) . If you are flexible you can enjoy it.

Nope. Tried to change but didn't enjoy it.

It's the fault of the mechanics of the game that it doesn't widely appeal. Not the fault of the player.

Nothing wrong with it. I just wrote down my personal (!) experience. Since humans don't follow the rule of determinism it won't work for everybody.

I just want to state something: Because YOU don't like it it could mean that somebody else will actually enjoy it even more. Just think about it for a second. Taste is different. Everywhere.

We all know taste is different... unless we're all flexible. ;)

Thing is, I changed my game play for TS2 and then had to change for TS3 and now I have to change for TS4 but it's not like TS2 in rotation play nor is it like TS3 in Story progression play but neither in TS2 rotation play.

I am tired of trying to find a way to play it. Not fun for me is still not fun for me.

If you would have been flexible in TS3 you would have found all the Fun in that game. ;):lol:

Which part of the rotational play bothers you? Is it the relationship thing or..? I'm just curious :smile: The relationships sims develop autonomously annoy me a little, but getting past that I prefer TS4 better for rotational play. I used to have issues with the neighbourhood clock, but not after I started leaving the households during night.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

When you make statements like that you infer that the issue is with the player, not the game.

Yes, and there is nothing wrong with it. Keep in mind, obviously many people do enjoy this game after all. It's only that your "expectations" (and your vision) were different from the product we finally got (labeled as TS4). This happens all the time and it does not mean the game has to change (or the player).

Edit: @Rflong7, no, what I meant was: If you are stuck with a specific opinion about something you can not really open yourself up to other concepts.

Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options

@MolliMontana, it's great you found a way to enjoy it, but that doesn't mean everyone can find a way to play it that's fun for them.

--->

Exactly.

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2015
    Scobre wrote: »
    First of all this thread is about the Sims Olympus. Take personal attacks elsewhere. Stop spamming the thread with off-topic remarks trying to belittle Simmers.

Sorry. *for going OT. :(
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

When you make statements like that you infer that the issue is with the player, not the game.

Yes, and there is nothing wrong with it. Keep in mind, obviously many people do enjoy this game after all. It's only your "expectations" (and your vision) were different from the product we finally got (labeled as TS4). This happens all the time and it does not mean the game has to change (or the player).

EA did state the game was unfinished . People heard there were no toddlers and were cancelling their pre-orders. EA claimed they would be added toddlers so people would not cancel their pre-orders. Thats the fault of the company not the player. The company got their money because people were made to believe their style of game play would be added since it was in all previous games. People took EA at their word

Exactly. I never would have bought the game at that price knowing what I do now. EA staff are responsible for making promises they haven't delivered.

and so we dont go OT if we only knew that we were getting a refurbished Olympus might not have bought the game either
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

Yes, and there is nothing wrong with it. Keep in mind, obviously many people do enjoy this game after all. It's only your "expectations" (and your vision) were different from the product we finally got (labeled as TS4). This happens all the time and it does not mean the game has to change (or the player).

EA did state the game was unfinished . People heard there were no toddlers and were cancelling their pre-orders. EA claimed they would be added toddlers so people would not cancel their pre-orders. Thats the fault of the company not the player. The company got their money because people were made to believe their style of game play would be added since it was in all previous games. People took EA at their word

Exactly. I never would have bought the game at that price knowing what I do now. EA staff are responsible for making promises they haven't delivered.

and so we dont go OT if we only knew that we were getting a refurbished Olympus might not have bought the game either

I certainly wouldn't have.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I just wanted to mention that what @halimali1980 said about gradual aging must be one of the most brilliant ideas I've ever seen on these forums and I wish so much to see something like this in a Sims game in the future. Wow. Just wow.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

I certainly wouldn't have.

ditto
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    I just wanted to mention that what @halimali1980 said about gradual aging must be one of the most brilliant ideas I've ever seen on these forums and I wish so much to see something like this in a Sims game in the future. Wow. Just wow.
    There is actually a gradual aging mod with the Sims 3 I think. I never tried it, but was always curious about it. It is something I'd like to see in a Sims game someday. I think if the Sims Olympus went through, there wouldn't have been a need for aging at all since it would have been a MMO game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

Hi :)

Yes, players have been asking and dreaming of that since the game started. I remember discussing it on TS2 BBS. :)
    It would be interesting and game changing ... to say the least.
  • Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    This is interesting information. I get that in game development, ideas are scrapped, set aside, etc. If new developments occur (such as the SC2013 controversy and flop), I can see taking on a new direction because what you've been working on might not be profitable. So I can't be disappointed, per se.

At the same time, I would have to agree with others and say that this should have been a side/standalone title, and TS4 created from scratch and delayed for proper development. It sounds like what they had been working on would've been fun. I don't think I would've bought this myself because I'm not big on the side titles and I don't like to socialize in real time in my PC games (I'm an introvert and I play games so I don't have to be "on" socially). But I can definitely see this having an audience. I think that people like my DH would enjoy it a lot.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    The main thing I'm getting from this thread, and it all boils down to one glaring fact, why the plum could they not have been honest about the whole mess?? Just stated, we're scraping this Olympus idea because the fans did not take to online only game...I would have been more receptive to the game had I known then what I know now. No, Olympus idea or current Sims 4 is NOT my idea of a sequel to Sims 3, which I thought was a progression with each iteration. This was, I don't know what this is...just was horribly disappointed when base game released. I only have begun to enjoy playing, and this is a year into the series. I can only hope it gets better as time goes by.

Something tells me we will not be getting a Sims 5...at least for pc. :(
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Nice to see you pop by @SimGuruMeatball :)

Interesting to hear some history.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2015
    If possible please improve the natural lighting area of effect please @SimGuruMeatball. I thought it was just me having issues with it, but many other players are too and having to use the Sweet FX mod to improve it. Thank you for explaining it too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top