Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LEAKED! Early Gameplay of the Sims 4 + new information.

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @jackjack_k how did you find this? Does it change your opinion a bit?

Honestly, I am dissapointed in EA. Not so much the devs, because the original concept didn't seem bad (as a side game, playing challenges with friends sounds fun). I'm mad at EA for basically making a game that never had a proper freeplay mode (at least one built from scratch) into a game that was 100% freeplay.

I have to say sorry to those who I basically said the game wasn't single player focused!!!

I think it really shows in the game we have now. The small worlds, the culling, the big emphasis on skilling up your sims; it sounds like the Freeplay mode in the version(s) talked about here were just as boring as many of the elements in the game today.

Totally agree. They've created a game with so many limitations because it wasn't built for the purpose many of us want it for. Essentially it seems this game is unfit for purpose as a traditional sims game-unless EA pump a lot of resources in to basically reconstruct. However Graham said once something is released its much harder to work on so that's highly unlikely to happen.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Honestly, I am dissapointed in EA. Not so much the devs, because the original concept didn't seem bad (as a side game, playing challenges with friends sounds fun). I'm mad at EA for basically making a game that never had a proper freeplay mode (at least one built from scratch) into a game that was 100% freeplay.

I have to say sorry to those who I basically said the game wasn't single player focused!!!

It's sad you feel that way too now @jackjack_k I honestly am. I know what it feels like to be disappointed in them after being such a fan. It's not nice. So just want to say I know how you feel, am sorry you feel that way and I wish things were different.

Basically if I had known before I bought that any of this happened I would never have bought. I feel foolish and cheated.

I added some more to my post :)

I'm not so disappointed in the fact as I like the game, I'm dissapointed that EA made this a full blown title, rather than releasing this game as a spin off + the ACTUAL Sims 4. We probably would have had two games now, not one. And I could have enjoyed them pretty much the same.

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    All I can say, is see, when I said the Sims 4 is a side game, it is based on its roots. It isn't meant as an insult, but the game's origin. But yes I wish they had not called the Sims 4, the Sims 4 but something else instead. But yep, it was originally going to be an online game which I heard about prior to joining forums. I just didn't see the concept pictures and videos until after I had joined forums though.

*sigh* I didn't know until after release when I'd already lost my money.
    Aww. :( Sorry to hear that. Yeah I did months and months of research on the Sims 4 before buying it. Sadly I didn't know about the babies being tied to objects until after I bought it. Oh well. But yes why I giggle whenever someone says only forums have people who don't like the Sims 4. Believe me, I saw intense dislike in many other sites as well especially on its first month.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

I think it really shows in the game we have now. The small worlds, the culling, the big emphasis on skilling up your sims; it sounds like the Freeplay mode in the version(s) talked about here were just as boring as many of the elements in the game today.

Well Freeplay mode was built from a mode where you play as 1 Sim and that's it, it seems. So the game wasn't designed to handle multiple families in one save (I'm guessing) so thats why the game doesn't understand to keep multiple families.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

It's sad you feel that way too now @jackjack_k I honestly am. I know what it feels like to be disappointed in them after being such a fan. It's not nice. So just want to say I know how you feel, am sorry you feel that way and I wish things were different.

Basically if I had known before I bought that any of this happened I would never have bought. I feel foolish and cheated.

I added some more to my post :)

I'm not so disappointed in the fact as I like the game, I'm dissapointed that EA made this a full blown title, rather than releasing this game as a spin off + the ACTUAL Sims 4. We probably would have had two games now, not one. And I could have enjoyed them pretty much the same.

Yes me too. Then I'd at least have one new game I'd love ;)

I'm glad you like the game, but yeah I'd have preferred us both to have at least one great game we could love each! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    When players said the game was never built as a traditional sims game, and instead a single-sim experience they were right. Sounds like they were originally developing a console game.

Exactly. EA/Maxis biggest problem is their customers weren't born yesterday and know a lot more than suits the company.

It's not like Single Sim games aren't popular though. They made a trilogy with the "Stories" games, and each console game has a single player story mode (except 3) and they all sold really well. The console games for Sims 2 outsold the PC game.
    As of March 2012, The Sims 2 had sold 13 million across all platforms and six million on PC

All versions of the Sims 2 have a story mode as the focus except the PC version. And the Sims 4 started development in 2012 apparently.

Maybe EA used this data, and then backtracked when they realised what PC players wanted? The console version outsold the PC version, and there was two main differences between them.

- Only Young Adults
    - Story Mode focused

This article honestly fills in a lot of blanks for me.

I FINALLY know at least why they had secret worlds that seemed so random haha.

Told You. :p I said in 2011 on the TS3 site TS4 was being built for iPads. Granted I had to use a site that used the April Fool's description but I was trying to get it out there. LOL I got blasted by several for using the site as proof which in turn had used the 'joke' description of it, but I was just trying to get out there what I knew without exposing what I knew. That it was being built for iPad and an online game. I wasn't privy to the story mode features. I took the heat because I knew one day it would eventually get exposed and other employees of EA eventually leaked more in 2013 just like this Chan has. But they also got blasted of being crazy and dishonest.

TS4 is scraps of how many changes it has gone through. The original game was dropped in mid production it began in 2010 and opted for a PC single player game instead. But TS4 was never built from the ground up as a PC game in the true tradition of the series. Or continuing the series.

The plot thickens. A lot of what is in this game as 'future content' was already planned and almost completed, but having to be reworked.

I think the Sims 4 was a PC game though. It wasn't for iPads. The UI isn't touch screen friendly, even in the earliest days. Plus the engine is too powerful.

I think it was always a PC game. Just never a true sequel. I don't even think the new iPad Pro could handle the Sims 4?
  • Options
    I just hope the dev who had to take this info down didn't get in trouble?
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    The more I learn about the early TS4, the more I think they really took the good decisions. Story mode and Multiplayer mode sounds far less fun than the TS4 we know now.

But they spent all of that time developing modes that never made it into the game when if it had been designed as a traditional Sims title from the ground up they would have been able to invest more of their resources in the single-player experience. I still think that the game suffered for that.

I agree with @sparkfairy1, I wish they would have released their original idea for the game as a spin-off, which is what it sounds like.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I just hope the dev who had to take this info down didn't get in trouble?

Probably not, unless he was under some kind of NDA that lasts forever the most EA can do is ask him to remove the content, or restrict access.

Seems like he already put a password on his site, this is Patrick Kelly 2.0
  • Options
    tytu124tytu124 Posts: 23 New Member
    last time seen some thing leeked was fake so i am not too sure aboutthis
  • Options
    tytu124 wrote: »
    last time seen some thing leeked was fake so i am not too sure aboutthis
    It's not. You can still find some Olympus coding in the Sims 4 files still.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I would love to have seen where they would have gone originally, it looked pretty amazing to me. I also would love to see what 4 would have been if it had not had the start it did, I bet it would have been amazing, too.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited October 2015
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »
    The more I learn about the early TS4, the more I think they really took the good decisions. Story mode and Multiplayer mode sounds far less fun than the TS4 we know now.

But they spent all of that time developing modes that never made it into the game when if it had been designed as a traditional Sims title from the ground up they would have been able to invest more of their resources in the single-player experience. I still think that the game suffered for that.

I agree with @sparkfairy1, I wish they would have released their original idea for the game as a spin-off, which is what it sounds like.

That's fairly common in video game development, there's always things that don't make it in the final product. I mean, it's a creative process, you can't do all right the first time. Furthermore, it's not like there was a fully functional Multiplayer Sims 4 game at that point, it was still a prototype, a draft, a bunch of design documents, that sort of things.
  • Options
    tytu124tytu124 Posts: 23 New Member
    > @Scobre said:
    > tytu124 wrote: »
    >
    > last time seen some thing leeked was fake so i am not too sure about this
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not. You can still find some Olympus coding in the Sims 4 files still.

lol well i am code or so idk
    what id be looking for but
    EA got really learn how hidden stuff better
    or is it all games hide stuff whit in their game like Easter eggs
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    When players said the game was never built as a traditional sims game, and instead a single-sim experience they were right. Sounds like they were originally developing a console game.

Exactly. EA/Maxis biggest problem is their customers weren't born yesterday and know a lot more than suits the company.

It's not like Single Sim games aren't popular though. They made a trilogy with the "Stories" games, and each console game has a single player story mode (except 3) and they all sold really well. The console games for Sims 2 outsold the PC game.
    As of March 2012, The Sims 2 had sold 13 million across all platforms and six million on PC

All versions of the Sims 2 have a story mode as the focus except the PC version. And the Sims 4 started development in 2012 apparently.

Maybe EA used this data, and then backtracked when they realised what PC players wanted? The console version outsold the PC version, and there was two main differences between them.

- Only Young Adults
    - Story Mode focused

This article honestly fills in a lot of blanks for me.

I FINALLY know at least why they had secret worlds that seemed so random haha.

Told You. :p I said in 2011 on the TS3 site TS4 was being built for iPads. Granted I had to use a site that used the April Fool's description but I was trying to get it out there. LOL I got blasted by several for using the site as proof which in turn had used the 'joke' description of it, but I was just trying to get out there what I knew without exposing what I knew. That it was being built for iPad and an online game. I wasn't privy to the story mode features. I took the heat because I knew one day it would eventually get exposed and other employees of EA eventually leaked more in 2013 just like this Chan has. But they also got blasted of being crazy and dishonest.

TS4 is scraps of how many changes it has gone through. The original game was dropped in mid production it began in 2010 and opted for a PC single player game instead. But TS4 was never built from the ground up as a PC game in the true tradition of the series. Or continuing the series.

The plot thickens. A lot of what is in this game as 'future content' was already planned and almost completed, but having to be reworked.

I think the Sims 4 was a PC game though. It wasn't for iPads. The UI isn't touch screen friendly, even in the earliest days. Plus the engine is too powerful.

I think it was always a PC game. Just never a true sequel. I don't even think the new iPad Pro could handle the Sims 4?

No the iPad can't handle this game but it certainly could handle what they had planned in 2010. The UI has been reworked several times as you pointed out. Frank Gibeau has an article (over EA at the time) about how they were determined to move on to console and online games for the new iPads somewhere on the internet concerning EA as a whole. This game was never planned to be for PC.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    The details of the original game never really bothered me much. I've always and still think they should have just released the game they were making and then later developed a sims game that was intended to just be offline/traditional sims (not spin off or what ever you'd like to call it).

A game like that would have had its place, it just wouldn't have been for everyone. That said, whats done is done so all they can do is make the best out of the decisions they made. At least, I'd hope they'd try and make the best of it.

Funny enough though, something about that display seems very laggy. Obviously it wouldn't have been a final version, just if I remember correctly show casing what the game could look like? Which is nice and all, but idk... lol
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    tytu124 wrote: »
    lol well i am code or so idk
    what id be looking for but
    EA got really learn how hidden stuff better
    or is it all games hide stuff whit in their game like Easter eggs
    Sims 4 Package Editor makes it a little easier to look at the files. I posted one of the files a Simmer from MTS found in her game files in the first page of this thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top