Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG! Metro UK talks about the problems of The Sims 4 and his team!

Comments

• Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    teaa5 wrote: »
    I've read all posts above and I am thinking... what would happen if there was a room and players (who are happy with the game and disappointed in it) were locked inside... what would happen?

We'd all pee ourselves and then probably start to death in a matter of days.

Man i wish the LOL button was still here, had to settle for an awesome.
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited October 2015
    Erpe wrote: »
    @Erpe you don't have to understand why people say what they want. You are not their audience. And like you've been told many, many times people say it despite knowing EA don't care. It's their prerogative. Nothing you say to put others down is working. If you don't like hearing it just put people on ignore because this entire thread shows your persistent approach to try to shame others into not speaking doesn't work, and actually does the opposite.
    Oh now you are attempting the old "Everybody agree with me!" trick ;)

That trick doesn't work against me because I am a teacher and have way too often seen a student attempt it in situations where actually almost nobody really agreed with the student ;) But it is a nice trick anyway and politicians also often use it :)

"We are many who think.... and therefore you should listen!" ;)

Sorry. This "student" agrees with her (@sparkfairy1) 100%.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    I've read all posts above and I am thinking... what would happen if there was a room and players (who are happy with the game and disappointed in it) were locked inside... what would happen?

Lol. They'll probably take that one away next. It might start upsetting those that are less awesome. :)
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    @Erpe you don't have to understand why people say what they want. You are not their audience. And like you've been told many, many times people say it despite knowing EA don't care. It's their prerogative. Nothing you say to put others down is working. If you don't like hearing it just put people on ignore because this entire thread shows your persistent approach to try to shame others into not speaking doesn't work, and actually does the opposite.

That trick doesn't work against me because I am a teacher and have way too often seen a student attempt it in situations where actually almost nobody really agreed with the student ;) But it is a nice trick anyway and politicians also often use it :)

Sure you do :)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Gthompkins48 clearly resorting to fictitious claims about others to justify what is being said now. You are right. Argument changes and often cancels out previous justifications lol. Don't bother :)

@Mstybl95 totally right! There's a reason that companies are having to rethink customer service experiences and that's because now more than ever with social networks and the Internet it's really easy for customers to communicate the poor experiences and harder and harder for companies to control the information out there about their products.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I'm having more fun with Sims 1 than Sims 4. LOL.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

Haha lol @mortia ! ;)
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited October 2015
    It seems to me that said poster actually likes the direction the game is going, even going so far as to say that he plays most of his games on his mobile device. My guess is that he is afraid that the company will change its current direction if enough customers complain.

I would think that a more productive way to argue for what someone likes is to create a thread of your own saying so. Of course then one is placed in the position of arguing positively for one's preferences instead of critiquing and attempting to shut people down who have different preferences, which I might add are at least based on previous history with the game and all the options for creativity and customization that we have in those prior versions, instead on someone's personal preference for a different kind of game altogether based on one's preferred gaming device.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

Lol. They'll probably take that one away next. It might start upsetting those that are less awesome. :)

I lol'd for real.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

"You merely LIKED my post?? TROLLS!!" :p
  • Options

LOL!
  • Options
    Seamoan wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    xovalee wrote: »
    Ok, ok. After reading this thread for the past week I have to speak up. Stop feeding the erpe troll. He has nothing constructive or intelligent to write when it comes to actual intellectual debate. His rinse and repeat novella tantrums are embarrassing. If this person is a teacher, Lord help those unfortunate enough to be forced to endure his teachings. This will be the first time I block anyone. Ever.

Whew! Now I feel better. Carry on all and have a wonderful day :)

Right there with you. I finally had to do it.
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Negative feedback about a game won't kill it UNLESS the negative feedback is fully justified and felt by people who both express their dissatisfaction and people who feel the same but just don't buy the product and go away silently.

Frankly, I don't want a game which isn't fun for me. And if the next game in the franchise is a cheap, watered down tablet port, I couldn't care less if it is released or not. I figure the only chance I have of getting a well-funded quality game is to state my opinion. I don't think people just leaving the game without comment is going to help maintain the game. Obviously, exemplary sales for the previous games were not enough to keep the Sims funded with their own profits.

EA is not releasing the Sims as a gesture of good will. It's a product. If more people find it entertaining, then it will sell well. If more people don't, it won't. I wouldn't go to a restaurant that served subpar food at premium prices out of pity for them or hope that they would improve. If I cared about the restaurant, I'd tell them what was wrong. If I didn't, I just wouldn't go and I'd warn my friends not to either.

People nowadays just don't understand the power of speaking up. Going away quietly with your tail between your legs will not merit results or change. EA will forever think people are losing interest in The Sims, but those of us who continuously speak up are trying to let them know that there is still interest. There is still a huge community that plays the games. We'd mostly be willing to upgrade if it was worth it. But they put out a subpar game and it wasn't worth it. It has nothing to do with missing expansion features, but that they cut every advancement made by TS3 and all the simulation of TS2. Where is the motivation to upgrade? Emotions? TS2 had them and I didn't have to read about it as my sim smiles away. They showed it through their actions and mannerisms. So there is nothing beyond CAS that could motivate buyers to jump. And the game is so much more than just CAS, or at least it should be.

I complain. I once got a package of cookies that were smooshed. I called the company and sent them a picture and they sent me a month worth of free cookies. Now tell me that wasn't worth the phone call!

Bravo! This is exactly right on. No one is out here writing chapter posts because they don't want to see the Sims continue to succeed as a game. That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works. Companies are always going to try to cut corners, it's up to us as the customers to vocalize our displeasure and let it be known that certain things are unacceptable.

If I had a passing interest in the game, I'd have tapped out at the beginning of 3 when I saw those monster-eyed sims (don't get me wrong, I like the game, but if you try to tell me those stock sims didn't have soul sucking monster-eyes, I will have to press the imaginary disagree button) and broken story-progression. I didn't. Everything else that I liked about the game made up for it and I found a way to look past. I can't do that with 4.

The only good thing about 4 is that it was so bad for me that it pushed me to actively make comments in the community opposed to lurking for a decade and there are some really interesting people out here. I hope Maxis/EA is reading every word that you all are saying.

Totally how I feel, well said @Seamoan :)

People who don't care don't bother. Those who care try.
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    It was a global point, big picture. Never did I say TS4 was the be all and end all for EA-and the point I was making was that mistakes can mount up and big companies can get in trouble. When that person clearly thinks nothing EA ever does will cause them any sort of ill. That they are impervious to things going wrong ;)

Buy it's interesting isn't it that whenever someone makes a sensible point to counter what's said they have to accuse others of things that have never happened? :)

The success of The Sims though is indeed of major importance for EA. If they are in a position where they need to funnel profits from TS3 into development for other games that is very telling. TS3 EP's were a huge windfall for EA, if they lose that with TS4 it is certainly going to have a very negative impact for EA and their other brands. That is why things like talk of boycotts are going to make them very uncomfortable, and I have a feeling that is likely why some are in this thread speaking so adamantly in opposition of them. ;)
  • Options
    Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member

Sure you do :)

Annd another one will be blocking you. You can emoji troll all to yourself.

He's just run out of things to say lol
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Fantastic post @kremesch73 and I really liked learning about that other software. That guy sounds like a really special person, not to mention immensely talented and caring.

I could not agree more with you in regards to customer service and experience. And some large companies manage to give a very good experience so I'm not interested in arguments that it's 'too hard' to offer decent service from a large company. It's about effort. You get out of it what you put into it. Big business or not.

The problem here is that a triple A title should never come across an issue that is too hard and too expensive. A company like EA has several titles under its belt and is not short on cash--Sports games being their main love-child and a massive source of income. If they can easily transfer funds from one game to another, why can't they transfer funds in the opposite direction?

That's just a little food for thought.

Big business, or not, exactly. Effort goes a long way, as does listening, communicating, and addressing issues as soon as possible.

Yes that is the point I have been making since things went badly. They choose not to give the sims better provision to sort the issues out, and after fifteen years of solid investment and loyalty from a fan base like this I find it really disrespectful that its allowed to happen. It shouts loud and clear how much they care for their customers.

News flash, EA just put out the Star Wars beta battlefront demo. Too bad they put more effort into this game than the sims 4. Battlefront graphics look soooooooooooooooo much better than the sims 4 :'(

Downloading as we speak :) 50% to go! So PUMPED!

My son just tested the multi player in home so far so good. Only wish they applied this much effort into the sims 4. Battlefront looks really good and this is just beta

Battlefront looks awesome. I think the difference is in the studios making the game, Maxis clearly isn't expected to deliver anything revolutionary these days, and delivering a poor product seems to be a-ok in the eyes of the executives at EA and Maxis.

When I look at the beautiful games that come out of other EA studios it really just reinforces my belief that Maxis is not a priority to EA. They hold the entire life simulation market, yet they can't even be bothered to deliver a full game for the AAA price. Then I see some of the people working on the game and it's clear these people are more interested in taking short cuts than actually working to deliver a good game.

Rollercoaster Tycoon World's Executive producer has been very vocal regarding the many complaints the game has gotten, and it doesn't even release until December. Where is Rachel Franklin saying she's committed to delivering a great game? I don't think that statement has been said regarding The Sims 4, which to me speaks volumes.
  • Options
    @DecafHigh I agree you have a point in regards to funnelling funds to other games. I wonder which game will replace the sims as source of easy reliable income.
  • Options
    Fantastic post @kremesch73 and I really liked learning about that other software. That guy sounds like a really special person, not to mention immensely talented and caring.

I could not agree more with you in regards to customer service and experience. And some large companies manage to give a very good experience so I'm not interested in arguments that it's 'too hard' to offer decent service from a large company. It's about effort. You get out of it what you put into it. Big business or not.

The problem here is that a triple A title should never come across an issue that is too hard and too expensive. A company like EA has several titles under its belt and is not short on cash--Sports games being their main love-child and a massive source of income. If they can easily transfer funds from one game to another, why can't they transfer funds in the opposite direction?

Big business, or not, exactly. Effort goes a long way, as does listening, communicating, and addressing issues as soon as possible.

Yes that is the point I have been making since things went badly. They choose not to give the sims better provision to sort the issues out, and after fifteen years of solid investment and loyalty from a fan base like this I find it really disrespectful that its allowed to happen. It shouts loud and clear how much they care for their customers.

News flash, EA just put out the Star Wars beta battlefront demo. Too bad they put more effort into this game than the sims 4. Battlefront graphics look soooooooooooooooo much better than the sims 4 :'(

My son just tested the multi player in home so far so good. Only wish they applied this much effort into the sims 4. Battlefront looks really good and this is just beta

Battlefront looks awesome. I think the difference is in the studios making the game, Maxis clearly isn't expected to deliver anything revolutionary these days, and delivering a poor product seems to be a-ok in the eyes of the executives at EA and Maxis.

When I look at the beautiful games that come out of other EA studios it really just reinforces my belief that Maxis is not a priority to EA. They hold the entire life simulation market, yet they can't even be bothered to deliver a full game for the AAA price. Then I see some of the people working on the game and it's clear these people are more interested in taking short cuts than actually working to deliver a good game.

Rollercoaster Tycoon World's Executive producer has been very vocal regarding the many complaints the game has gotten, and it doesn't even release until December. Where is Rachel Franklin saying she's committed to delivering a great game? I don't think that statement has been said regarding The Sims 4, which to me speaks volumes.

I agree. Rollercoaster tycoon world took a brave decision to totally overhaul the game and I'm sure that it will repay them handsomely for doing so.

It's interesting isn't it. Instead their approach is to try to insinuate that those who are disappointed don't understand, are unreasonable and difficult customers. Shame for them that those customers dont have any of those issues proved by the years of loyalty and commitment they've given to Maxis over the years.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited October 2015

I agree. Rollercoaster tycoon world took a brave decision to totally overhaul the game and I'm sure that it will repay them handsomely for doing so.

It's interesting isn't it. Instead their approach is to try to insinuate that those who are disappointed don't understand, are unreasonable and difficult customers. Shame for them that those customers dont have any of those issues proved by the years of loyalty and commitment they've given to Maxis over the years.

agree and ............................. Go find LGR's review of Rollercoaster tycoon since his link wont work here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=7&v=hagUR21xaTY
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    It seems to me that said poster actually likes the direction the game is going, even going so far as to say that he plays most of his games on his mobile device. My guess is that he is afraid that the company will change its current direction if enough customers complain.

I would think that a more productive way to argue for what someone likes is to create a thread of your own saying so. Of course then one is placed in the position of arguing positively for one's preferences instead of critiquing and attempting to shut people down who have different preferences, which I might add are at least based on previous history with the game and all the options for creativity and customization that we have in those prior versions, instead on someone's personal preference for a different kind of game altogether based on one's preferred gaming device.
    Your guess isn't correct as I have already explained. I don't like EA and the way huge companies most often do their business. But that isn't the point here because what I didn't realize was that people in this forum actually thinks that that reason and pleasing customers matters more to huge companies like EA than earning money. I don't believe that at all.

I prefer the Sims Freeplay to TS4 for several reasons:

1. It is free for me to play. I would never use any money on such a game.
    2. It contains much more variation in gameplay and I like switching between so many families.
    3. It is much more challenging and has a large number of different hobbies.
    4. I can easily visit my city on my phone from my iPad and vice versa.
    5. It has a huge number of shops - especially inside the mall. All those shops contain much more equipment than TS4 does.
    6. It gives me a lot of natural breaks to do other things.
    7. I can easily play the game also when I am lying in my bed because I am tired or when I just woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep.
    8. It has all age groups and even babies and toddlers are able to have hobbies which they can do all the time so they can earn LPs too.
    9. It still gets new content released very often. This content is free too while SPs, GPs and EPs for TS4 aren't.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member

We would discuss important issues like family, work, our lives in general, and pose the question: How can we get out?
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Your guess isn't correct as I have already explained. I don't like EA and the way huge companies most often do their business. But that isn't the point here because what I didn't realize was that people in this forum actually thinks that that reason and pleasing customers matters more to huge companies like EA than earning money. I don't believe that at all.

I prefer the Sims Freeplay to TS4 for several reasons:

1. It is free for me to play. I would never use any money on such a game.
    2. It contains much more variation in gameplay and I like switching between so many families.
    3. It is much more challenging and has a large number of different hobbies.
    4. I can easily visit my city on my phone from my iPad and vice versa.
    5. It has a huge number of shops - especially inside the mall. All those shops contain much more equipment than TS4 does.
    6. It gives me a lot of natural breaks to do other things.
    7. I can easily play the game also when I am lying in my bed because I am tired or when I just woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep.
    8. It has all age groups and even babies and toddlers are able to have hobbies which they can do all the time so they can earn LPs too.
    9. It still gets new content released very often. This content is free too while SPs, GPs and EPs for TS4 aren't.

We have all told you several times and several ways that we don't believe that EA cares. WE CARE and that is the difference. You are not getting our points. Glad you are happy with Freeplay.