Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Caption Contest - we're up to historic Contest # 30 this week! Come join in!

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yes! There's only one and it's all mine!
  • Options
    # 21
    ---
    1. Jinette had been searching for the last flamingo since the apocalypse started. Joe had been searching for it for his whole life. Somehow, Jinette was more excited.
    2. "Aha, a weapon for the apocalypse!" "Excuse me, ma'am, but this is a flamingo." "I don't care, now just gimme!"
    3. "Mine, mine, mine, mine, and mine!" "Nuh uh, honey bee. This is my hive."
    4. "Look, Roberto, it's the last flamingo in the collection!" "Are you sure? They all look the same." "I'm sure! Look, this one has a smudge of dirt underneath it's chin. Quick! Preserve it!"
    ---
    tumblr_mpzc14UJGz1sa1o6mo1_500.gif {Song of the month!} "I'll be needing stitches!" {Check out my wall for more info!}
  • Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited September 2015
    "Yes I did it I made the first live lawn flamingo!"
    "Uh why not just get a real flamingo then?"
  • Options
    5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    edited September 2015
    Congratulations winners!!

I told you this part of the shelter could be our lawn. Now it's finally complete!
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    "Wait...so you managed to break into the Landgraabs mansion...and bought home a plastic flamingo?"
  • Options
    Hello83433Hello83433 Posts: 3,403 Member
    edited September 2015
    Aww, shame. I wanted to enter that robot one. Congratz to the winners of the bunny one though, I hit a brick wall for that one.

1) "Why is this piece of plastic in MY kitchen!"
    "Well, we. Umm- we'll remove it as soon as possible Sous Chef."

2) *appears ten years after we had an argument* "AND ANOTHER THING!"

3)"I love the decor!"
    "Ma'am let's continue the tour to the dinning room..."

4) YES! No one will suspect my flamingo security 2000"

5) "YES! Now I know we will survive!"
    "Uhhhh...time for a bite check, yes."

6) "We should reinforce the windows so that the zombies won't get in."
    "I WOULD but this flamingo is in my way!"

7) You idiot! I told you to grab resources!"
    "If you think about it, the pointed legs could be used as a weapon."

8) The Apocalypse for Dummies book didn't cover this...

Post edited by Hello83433 on
    403046191195314s.jpg
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    How unique! How pink! However much you want, I want!
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    COOL Congrats to all the winners 4 of this time too. Throws Confetti on @Sara74469,@DarkVampKiss, & @AlphaFen twice LOL ;)
  • Options
    tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    Congratulations winners! :)

Caption 21:

1. "The only thing I was able to save from the house before the asteroid hit was this pink flamingo your Aunt Betty gave us". "Oh thank goodness, Bob. That was always my favorite wedding present".

2. "Yes! I knew this flamingo would really brighten up the place, Bob". "Yeah if you say so, dear but I liked it the way it was".
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    DarkVampKissDarkVampKiss Posts: 165 Member
    edited September 2015
    wow ... thank you! ... gratz also to @Sara74469 and @AlphaFen

Caption #21
    1. "Oh my gosh! Seriously? It's mine? Truly mine? You're not joking? I have always wanted a pink flamingo!!"
    2. "No Rob, the gnomes are already taking over the yard. We don't need to add flamingo's too."
    3. "Are there more of these? We can put them around out side to scare off the Zombies?"
    4. "Please tell me you have your own flamingo? There is barely enough air in that one for me."
    Post edited by DarkVampKiss on
    “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” – Bill Cosby

Origin: prbaker
    TS3: My Page
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Caption #21:

"Ma'am I assure you, no guarantee you, that your gnomes will love it atop this flamingo."
    "Are you sure it's safe?"
    "As safe as any other lawn ornament."
    "I'll take it, I just know my gnomes will love it."
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited September 2015
    Contest #21
    *Yes! I TOLD you we were in the Sims 2!
    *Cynthia was very excited when her transformation spell worked. It's just a pity there were witnesses... Cynthia now has the most decorated lawn in the neighborhood.
    *I'm feeling positively in the pink!
    *Rosa: Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Flamingoes are pink
    And so are you
    Paul: No, I'm not.
    Rosa: I was talking to your brother over there
    *Yes! Now we can fly North for the upcoming Ice Age
    *Pink is the new black
    *Rosa: You are everything I ever wanted and more!
    Paul: I love you too, Rosa.
    Rosa: Hmm? Did you say something, Paul?
    Post edited by rosey1579 on
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    I have caught myself wondering since I posted this week's screenshot whether the non-Americans may not understand the setup in the picture. "Preppers" are such a familiar thing to Americans that I didn't even think when posting it that it may be less obvious to non-Americans. Anyway, these two (three?) are supposed to be in the basement room of Preppers: people who are preparing for some world-threatening event, like an apocalypse (zombie, Mayan, religious, etc.) or some kind of radical threat to the people by the government. They stockpile food, water, and usually weapons (not much available in TS2, although my husband did suggest throwing an Axe of Pangu or two in there). Not usually lawn flamingos, though....
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    I have caught myself wondering since I posted this week's screenshot whether the non-Americans may not understand the setup in the picture. "Preppers" are such a familiar thing to Americans that I didn't even think when posting it that it may be less obvious to non-Americans. Anyway, these two (three?) are supposed to be in the basement room of Preppers: people who are preparing for some world-threatening event, like an apocalypse (zombie, Mayan, religious, etc.) or some kind of radical threat to the people by the government. They stockpile food, water, and usually weapons (not much available in TS2, although my husband did suggest throwing an Axe of Pangu or two in there). Not usually lawn flamingos, though....

Oh right. I was kinda confused. Time to think up another caption :D
  • Options
    figmentzfigmentz Posts: 504 Member
    1. "Are you sure it was a good idea to put this in here instead of more food?"
    2. "Why couldn't you just leave this back on the surface?" "Because then flamingo lawn ornaments would become extinct!"
    3. "I'm so happy we brought this down here!" "Um... Honey? I think the flamingo attracted some zombies."
    4. "This is a magical flamingo that will protect the shelter from zombies!" "Uh... I think you need some water."
    simssignature_zpstlsaiz9k.jpg
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    It was then Stanley realized his dream of making a flamingo version of Starship Troopers just wouldn't work.
  • Options
    jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    Congratulations to all of the winners! I have been on a self-imposed exile from the forum while doing store item installs, backups, and many hours of troubleshooting for all of the issues that inevitably arose. :weary: Thanks to @friday027, I'm baaaack! :smiley:

@Cogitotoro - I am so sorry it took so long to get my name to you for the points that I won on the #18 caption. Can you please give my winnings to the lovely @MariTomKaulitZ who is always so helpful and kind to everyone? Thank you, and I hope you had a nice and relaxing vacation!
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    Congratulations to all of the winners! I have been on a self-imposed exile from the forum while doing store item installs, backups, and many hours of troubleshooting for all of the issues that inevitably arose. :weary: Thanks to @friday027, I'm baaaack! :smiley:

Oh, gosh, with OE being so crazy (and helping someone, who shall remain nameless jbsquared2000 , with trouble shooting their S3 game), I've kind of lost track of this thread! @jbsquared2000 - Congratulations on your double win for contest #18 ! - I had no idea! :smile: And congratulations to ALL of the other winners, since!!!

@HBSIMSTER - I suppose this is as good of a place as any to thank you for the Badges... now I just have to figure out what I'm supposed to do with them! :D Thank you!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Hello83433Hello83433 Posts: 3,403 Member

I was pondering that with the other apocalypse captions and I thought 'Nah, that's too obvious' then I thought 'Well, obvious could be funny'

Needless to say, I got more captions on my original post. Also, I didn't know that 'Preppers' was strictly an American thing. I guess the rest of the world won't be as prepared as us muahahahha! :naughty:
    403046191195314s.jpg
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Hello83433 wrote: »

I was pondering that with the other apocalypse captions and I thought 'Nah, that's too obvious' then I thought 'Well, obvious could be funny'

Needless to say, I got more captions on my original post. Also, I didn't know that 'Preppers' was strictly an American thing. I guess the rest of the world won't be as prepared as us muahahahha! :naughty:

True dat. Never heard of preppers.
  • Options
    Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    edited September 2015
    That's interesting. I recognized it instantly as a bomb shelter, and I live in California where nobody has basements, let alone bomb shelters. Perhaps it's just part of the American psyche. You know, the Red Scare and all that. Anyway, I can't tell if the woman is happy or sad, so I guess I can interpret it both ways. This week's picture was a little difficult for me, but I came up with a few ideas. Entries for #21:

1. "Oh honestly, Bob, we don't need this! Even the family in Blast from the Past didn't have one of these!"
    2. "This is the first thing you grabbed when the air raid siren went off?"
    3. "If there's not a machine gun hidden in there, we're definitely going to be eaten by zombies."
    4. "I said we should try to save the local wildlife from radiation. Life, as in living birds...not plastic ones."
    5. "Yes! I knew keeping our savings hidden in the flamingo was foolproof!"
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    edited September 2015
    friday027 wrote: »

Oh, gosh, with OE being so crazy (and helping someone, who shall remain nameless jbsquared2000 , with trouble shooting their S3 game), I've kind of lost track of this thread! @jbsquared2000 - Congratulations on your double win for contest #18 ! - I had no idea! :smile: And congratulations to ALL of the other winners, since!!!

@HBSIMSTER - I suppose this is as good of a place as any to thank you for the Badges... now I just have to figure out what I'm supposed to do with them! :D Thank you!! :smiley:

It's as good a place as any Friday027, LOL. You are welcome! As to what to do with them .... enjoy!!! :wink:<3:smiley:
  • Options
    SteveKarehaSteveKareha Posts: 160 Member
    Caption 21:

"I told you I wanted Flaming Hot, AS IN CHEETOS FLAMING HOT, NOT FLAMINGOES.
    Tumblr - MTS - TS3 Wishlist - TS3 Exchange - TS3 Top Five

Origin ID & Gallery: PinguinoGamer94 (Be sure to tick "See Custom Content"!)
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited September 2015
    wow ... thank you! ... gratz also to @Sara74469 and @AlphaFen

You're welcome! Should I just hit your Wishlist with your winnings, or do you have any preferences?
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    DarkVampKissDarkVampKiss Posts: 165 Member
    @Cogitotoro I'm an american and i thought it was a department store ... lol. I'll go back and add some sort of apocalyptic ones.
    “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.” – Bill Cosby

Origin: prbaker
    TS3: My Page

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top