Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm slowly reinstalling the eps for the Sims 2, later on I'll installed all of the sps,will take some time to do it but its worth it.Since TS4 is big parties only game,its not life. PS. I may need to remove TS4 to make room for Recipes and Churches/graveyard in TS2.
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I love the upgrade to the Broke house. For some reason, I particularly like the concrete panels around the foundation.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    crockatail wrote: »
    Three more days before the Sims 4 1st anniversary. Wondering what going to happen?

Not a lot. Theyve got months to wait for Get Together and spooky stuff so I'm not expecting anything much. I could say I'd hope for a big surprise but every time I do that to myself it only hurts me!

I don't expect much, if anything, either. As far as spooky stuff it hasn't been confirmed and from the code I saw I doubt that it will be anything substantial. Believe me I'd like to expect a lot because not having new life states bothers me as much as not having toddlers bother so many of you. To me The Sims is just not The Sims without them. I just don't trust that it would be something great.

I really don't want even a substantial Spooky Stuff. How about Realistic Stuff for a change? All those random topics... i hope this turns out to be a false alarm.
    I think all they could put in such a pack is the stuff people should get in the Supernatural EP anyways.

Gee that doesn't sound very considerate for the players who are bothered by the fact that they (the devs) don't seem to care if they add new life states in new content. There are players like myself that want new life states just as much as players in this thread want toddlers.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Thrippa wrote: »
    I love the upgrade to the Broke house. For some reason, I particularly like the concrete panels around the foundation.

It makes the house look a bit more 'stable' to me as these seem to be the American style 'Trailers' which we don't see in the UK.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Three more days before the Sims 4 1st anniversary. Wondering what going to happen?

Not a lot. Theyve got months to wait for Get Together and spooky stuff so I'm not expecting anything much. I could say I'd hope for a big surprise but every time I do that to myself it only hurts me!

I don't expect much, if anything, either. As far as spooky stuff it hasn't been confirmed and from the code I saw I doubt that it will be anything substantial. Believe me I'd like to expect a lot because not having new life states bothers me as much as not having toddlers bother so many of you. To me The Sims is just not The Sims without them. I just don't trust that it would be something great.

I really don't want even a substantial Spooky Stuff. How about Realistic Stuff for a change? All those random topics... i hope this turns out to be a false alarm.
    I think all they could put in such a pack is the stuff people should get in the Supernatural EP anyways.

Gee that doesn't sound very considerate for the players who are bothered by the fact that they (the devs) don't seem to care if they add new life states in new content. There are players like myself that want new life states just as much as players in this thread want toddlers.

New lifestates are another thing that seem to be missed, not everyone played with them but some players loved them and it added something to the game for them. Getting an Alien married to another lifestate and seeing what their children might be like was all part of the fun for some Simmers since back in TS2 onwards
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member

New lifestates are another thing that seem to be missed, not everyone played with them but some players loved them and it added something to the game for them. Getting an Alien married to another lifestate and seeing what their children might be like was all part of the fun for some Simmers since back in TS2 onwards

I definitely have more supernaturals than humans in TS3. Once the devs took away most of the toddlers autonomy (such as being able to break out of a crib or fall asleep on a dog bed) in TS3 I started creating lots of fairy families so my tots could take advantage of the fairy bungalows. And hearing them snore before they fall completely asleep is a hoot. :)
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options

I definitely have more supernaturals than humans in TS3. Once the devs took away most of the toddlers autonomy (such as being able to break out of a crib or fall asleep on a dog bed) in TS3 I started creating lots of fairy families so my tots could take advantage of the fairy bungalows. And hearing them snore before they fall completely asleep is a hoot. :)

I never really played with Supernaturals myself but it is always fun to have them there in the background such as a few vampires and at University some of the premades are also supernaturals so I have an interesting bunch of guests turn up at parties ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Phew caught back up! @FlootieBeauty I LOVED your ideas.

Interesting that other companies are showing continued interest in this "campaign", great to see, although I wish EA was numbered among them.

i have some free time coming up tonight/tomorrow so im thinking I'll do some scowering of the thread and see if I can't get a decent list of specific family play suggestions started for us.

I dunno, @sparkfairy1 , do you think it might be time to add a comprehensive list of family suggestions to the OP? If devs from co or elsewhere (and even Devs from maxis) are wanting to look at this thread for ideas, imo it may be worth while to take some of the most repeated ideas and make them more visable to newcomers.

If anyone wants to help me out with making that list please PM me your suggestions or link me to your existing suggestion post. Might take a day or two but aside from making my miss worlds entry, I got nothing on my plate for once! :smiley:

I think it'd also be handy to get a really concise description of what we mean when we say family play. So if you have a minute, please reply starting with "This what family play means to me:" and we can wittle the responses into an acceptable, brief, definition.

Thanks guys!
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    My Sims 3 Sim woohooed with an alien and her hubby and now she's pregnant :0 #BabyDaddyDrama I'll post pics when she's had the baby :)
  • Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    All this chat about TS2 got me re-starting. I plonked some community Lots in my hood and have started playing the Brokes. I can't stand poor Brandi's home, so gave it a makeover (no cheating). It's amazing how much money she has to spend when you start deleting stuff! Though... I did run out and had to delete her garden plants to be able to afford a toilet :D

Here's her new home:
    Sims2EP9%202015-08-31%2004-30-57-52.png

I don't know why I'm laughing so much right now. Maybe it's because it's early in the morning here, but I'm just imagining like...

Dustin: Uh. Mom?
    Brandi: Yeah?
    Dustin: I like what you did with the house, but...weren't there some plants out here?
    Brandi: Well, sweetie...sometimes we have to make difficult choices in life. Such as, would you rather have plants, or a toilet?
    Dustin: Ah. I see. [pause] Well, I'm a guy, so I could have used the plants as the toilet--
    Brandi: Go do your homework.
  • Options
    trollnexus wrote: »
    All this chat about TS2 got me re-starting. I plonked some community Lots in my hood and have started playing the Brokes. I can't stand poor Brandi's home, so gave it a makeover (no cheating). It's amazing how much money she has to spend when you start deleting stuff! Though... I did run out and had to delete her garden plants to be able to afford a toilet :D

Here's her new home:
    Sims2EP9%202015-08-31%2004-30-57-52.png

I don't know why I'm laughing so much right now. Maybe it's because it's early in the morning here, but I'm just imagining like...

Dustin: Uh. Mom?
    Brandi: Yeah?
    Dustin: I like what you did with the house, but...weren't there some plants out here?
    Brandi: Well, sweetie...sometimes we have to make difficult choices in life. Such as, would you rather have plants, or a toilet?
    Dustin: Ah. I see. [pause] Well, I'm a guy, so I could have used the plants as the toilet--
    Brandi: Go do your homework.

That has to be the funniest thing I have read on here in a long time! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Okay ,I just finish loading all of my Sims 2 packs.I wish you can see the smile on my face. :D It's big.
  • Options
    Okay ,I just finish loading all of my Sims 2 packs.I wish you can see the smile on my face. :D It's big.

Good luck :smile:

Oh and I gave you an awesome ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Oh we have the awesome button now. Yay!
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options

Lets hope people don't act as daft as when they added disagrees back ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Yeah I think I love both just as much. I want new toddler life states, so that requires both being in the game. I was so looking forward to alien toddlers being in the Sims 4 too and I don't know if it is too late for them now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member

I think you already know the answer to that one ;)
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    blaznfalcn wrote: »

I think you already know the answer to that one ;)

Give it another half an hour ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Woop WOOP!
    I love the new awesome button!!
    Everyone give some awesome love by clicking dat button!
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    Woop WOOP!
    I love the new awesome button!!
    Everyone give some awesome love by clicking dat button!

I don't mind sharing a few awesomes around lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @esharpmajor thats a great idea lovely :) I will do my best to help and I can edit OP once we have a good list together :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Oh my goodness....just when did this forum ever go overboard on anything? ;)

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Can I whine since the new word is not in simlish like zagadoo? Awesome might just be too awesome for me to handled ya know!!!! ok...going back into hibernation again in a minute. UPDATE: Hubby is better, but will have to go to rehab to regain strength, maybe by Wed or thurs. Crosses fingers, still praying and love you guys, you have given us lots of giggles and stuff to talk about.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2015
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Can I whine since the new word is not in simlish like zagadoo? Awesome might just be too awesome for me to handled ya know!!!! ok...going back into hibernation again in a minute. UPDATE: Hubby is better, but will have to go to rehab to regain strength, maybe by Wed or thurs. Crosses fingers, still praying and love you guys, you have given us lots of giggles and stuff to talk about.
    About that..."Sometimes in The Sims 3: Late Night, when a Mixologist serves a good drink, the Sim who drinks it will say "Awesome!" in English." But yes I'm happy about the button. It would be funny if we would get a toddler button or a nooboo button. But yeah we really should get the thread back on topic. I'm glad your hubby is doing better. I hope he is strong enough to go home soon.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Love the new button! Finally (even though it's only small) something to get excited about on this forum :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top