Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Idray2501Idray2501 Posts: 32 Member
    Ah! I haven't posted since somewhere in the 600s! I haven't played Sims 3 in about a month actually, I just got back into it today since I've been playing Sims 2! I was shocked at how the toddlers seemed much smaller and how smooth and modern the graphics were and it was surprisingly easy to transition, unlike when I started playing the Sims 4. I don't have pictures but my Sims 2 neighborhoods have gotten busy : (Some of this might be incorrect because at some point I accidentally set back my saves so..)
    Well I started in Pleasantview by making a single military mom (I forgot her name, I believe it is Clarissa) with 2 little girls, due to her romantic hopes and tendencies to be played by men. I only played her once, it was kind of hard to get into it with her. I then made Gertrude and Harry and their twin teenage daughters, Maleficent and Melissa in Desiderada Valley. (Harry is African American, Gertrude is Irish, based on my parents so Melissa has red hair Maleficent has black hair with Maleficent having a slightly lighter skintone). Gertrude and Harry were kind of falling out of love and I intended for Harry to cheat with Clarissa. He ended up getting too wrapped up in his job and Gertrude didn't get a job, since I made them a richer family and intended for them to be a more high-profile one. I had way too much fun with Gertrude cheating almost every week with a different man and at some point Melissa walked in. I've been playing Sims 4 way too long because I was absolutely caught off guard when Melissa freaked out and her relationship with her mother plummeted to around 8. Then Maleficent got a little boyfriend and yeah I was very pleased with that. Melissa and Maleficent got into private school, and Melissa started getting jealous of her sister's relationship with her boyfriend, since she wanted romance but also wanted knowledge, and couldn't find the right guy. Oh and Gertrude got pregnant.
    Then I got a little bored and made a new family that lived across the street... Yeah I accidentally made Gertrude's dream guy (Caspar) and they hit it off! Except he had a wife he loved very much (she was in the military and ended up being in best friends with Clarissa) and a little toddler daughter. He didn't have a job so he could care for their little toddler (at this point I hadn't known babysitters actually did their jobs in Sims 2). At some point he got extremely irresponsible and went on a vacation with Gertrude. On the second day of the 3 day vacation he realized what he had done and tried to break it off but then he fell in love with Gertrude. He wooed with her and then AGAIN realized what he had done and called off the vacation and went home. He got his wife pregnant when he got home. Gertrude had twins and then Caspar's wife had a baby girl.. then stupid Idray went and set back the save files and it went back to right before the Caspar's toddler daughter (Kayla) was about to age up. And i got really annoyed. And so I just cheated them tons of money, moved them into a mansion, made Caspar's wife an artistic prodigy, made Kayla an almost genius, and had Caspar's wife have another baby, who was a boy. I think his name was Joel. I got Joel up to his toddler stages and got Kayla into private school... And i think it was almost Kayla's birthday when I stopped there.
    I played another family but it wasn't really family play, just an abused teen becoming a young adult, running away and starting a bakery/ just food place and blah and blah.
    And now I have a single mother of a toddler boy who really wants money but cares for her dream of a family. She manipulatively moved 3 times in a way that gained her a lot of money, so she bought a fairly expensive apartment for her and her son. She mastered the creativity skill and made money from her paintings, since she knew she couldn't afford to pay the rent, bills, and a babysitter for her to pursue her goal of becoming a doctor. Not much really happened in this family, her son recently became a child after a lot of annoying asking her to read to him while she was trying to paint. She finally started the medical career as well.
    (sorry for this hecka long thingy but ugghhhh I love the sims 2 sooooooo much. I should have done this sooner. I cannot understand complaints of ugly sims in 2 because with some cc skin and a little love, they're flipping adorable/gorgeous/handsome <3
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @Idray2501 It's fine you sharing your stories. We are glad to hear them. I hope you are able to share pictures too. Your stories sound really interesting and I love their names. Sibling rivalry in the Sims 2 can be quite fun and interesting. I love making one preppy and one goth sibling and try to have them get along.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    > @Scobre said:
    > Idray2501 It's fine you sharing your stories. We are glad to hear them. I hope you are able to share pictures too. Your stories sound really interesting and I love their names. Sibling rivalry in the Sims 2 can be quite fun and interesting. I love making one preppy and one goth sibling and try to have them get along.

I actually intended to have Maleficent be the goth twin but she ended up being attracted to the ballet bar while her sister gravitated to the basketball court outside so I just let them be, although their personalities ended up switched. I kind of missed the trait system that would ensure my Sims kept to what I wanted them to be, but the surprise can be fun.

And I'm going to tell the story of my baker girl because I absolutely adore her and feel almost bad for how she started out. I actually played her from childhood. She was a little girl named Nessa Sweet and she loved using the tiny oven thing her parents got her. Then her toddler younger brother became blind because of a thing (I don't actually remember) and she was pushed into the back of her parents minds as they cared for her brother Marco. So she was just neglected during childhood. I made sure her parents only served enough food for three sims, but sometimes I'd let her be able to eat or bake something with her oven. Basically I kept her in good enough condition that the social worker wouldn't take her away, but nothing more. I had to cheat and lower her relationship with her mother and father, her mom all the way and her dad a little so-so, but her relationship with her brother despite it all, was great. She became a teenager and had a pretty good cooking skill. I decided she would open a bakery when she was older and downloaded a ton of cc food (honestly looking through it sometimes makes me really hungry like can I have some donuts please). Her mom started getting into fights with her around her mid-teens. I honestly don't remember my reason for that, I believe it had to do with all the fights with different people in her memory :lol: After every fight (although she won most of them), she'd go to her room and cry, which broke my heart. When she was a young adult it was a bit ridiculous with her elder mother fighting her daughter, so I moved Nessa out on her own. She hugged her brother and begrudgingly hugged her father but her mom was like good riddens. Then with the 20k she had, I built a tiny bakery with a tinier apartment on top. The kitchen was fairly good quality and the door was locked because the ladder to her apartment was in there. Then with her mastering the cooking skill, I had her get to work. After she made a ton of food, I had her call to open the business and bought an open/closed sign and a makeover chair (because why not) with basically the last of our funds. So we went through the usual stuff, running out of groceries like 24/7, her mom coming over and knocking over the trashcan to invite some roaches, other stuff. Eventually the money she earned combined with the money made from selling the largely expanded bakery was enough for her to move. She got a nice averagely fixed 3 bedroom home (it's smaller than it sounds) and with some help from me the J'Adore bakery just so happened to be up for grabs and across the street so she bought it and named it Sweet's Treats. Not going to lie, that bakery has like 5 employees and I haven't even opened it yet because I decided to focus on her social life a bit more. So Nessa got a best friend and then.. started flirting with her. I was shocked. I had never really pursued romance with her so I had no idea. So I made a guy next-door to her who was exactly matching her turn ons. NO CHEMISTRY. I was stumped. Then she met this cute girl whose name I absolutely cannot remember who has red hair and brown eyes (I recently gave her a make over so I can't even remember I think I made her hair black). Nessa then got a puppy named Ploof who is literally my baby I love her so much and I don't even like dogs. Tessa then fell in love with this girl who denied any advances to even stay over for the night. Nessa proposed and got shot down. Even then she chased after her like a lovesick puppy... They ended up doing the woohoo thanks to a mod I have but the girl still refuses to stay over or settle down. I'm thinking of making Nessa move on soon because she has literally been doing everything to get this girl's attention and her relationships with everyone had been going down and it was crazy. Oh and somehow Nessa became best friends with her dad but lost contact completely with her brother and just kind of ignores her mom. And now Nessa is thinking of adopting a little baby to complete her dream of a pleasurable life.
    Wow that was long but a lot of stuff happened and I haven't played in about a week I'm super excited.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Idray2501 wrote: »
    > @Scobre said:
    > Idray2501 It's fine you sharing your stories. We are glad to hear them. I hope you are able to share pictures too. Your stories sound really interesting and I love their names. Sibling rivalry in the Sims 2 can be quite fun and interesting. I love making one preppy and one goth sibling and try to have them get along.

I actually intended to have Maleficent be the goth twin but she ended up being attracted to the ballet bar while her sister gravitated to the basketball court outside so I just let them be, although their personalities ended up switched. I kind of missed the trait system that would ensure my Sims kept to what I wanted them to be, but the surprise can be fun.

And I'm going to tell the story of my baker girl because I absolutely adore her and feel almost bad for how she started out. I actually played her from childhood. She was a little girl named Nessa Sweet and she loved using the tiny oven thing her parents got her. Then her toddler younger brother became blind because of a thing (I don't actually remember) and she was pushed into the back of her parents minds as they cared for her brother Marco. So she was just neglected during childhood. I made sure her parents only served enough food for three sims, but sometimes I'd let her be able to eat or bake something with her oven. Basically I kept her in good enough condition that the social worker wouldn't take her away, but nothing more. I had to cheat and lower her relationship with her mother and father, her mom all the way and her dad a little so-so, but her relationship with her brother despite it all, was great. She became a teenager and had a pretty good cooking skill. I decided she would open a bakery when she was older and downloaded a ton of cc food (honestly looking through it sometimes makes me really hungry like can I have some donuts please). Her mom started getting into fights with her around her mid-teens. I honestly don't remember my reason for that, I believe it had to do with all the fights with different people in her memory :lol: After every fight (although she won most of them), she'd go to her room and cry, which broke my heart. When she was a young adult it was a bit ridiculous with her elder mother fighting her daughter, so I moved Nessa out on her own. She hugged her brother and begrudgingly hugged her father but her mom was like good riddens. Then with the 20k she had, I built a tiny bakery with a tinier apartment on top. The kitchen was fairly good quality and the door was locked because the ladder to her apartment was in there. Then with her mastering the cooking skill, I had her get to work. After she made a ton of food, I had her call to open the business and bought an open/closed sign and a makeover chair (because why not) with basically the last of our funds. So we went through the usual stuff, running out of groceries like 24/7, her mom coming over and knocking over the trashcan to invite some roaches, other stuff. Eventually the money she earned combined with the money made from selling the largely expanded bakery was enough for her to move. She got a nice averagely fixed 3 bedroom home (it's smaller than it sounds) and with some help from me the J'Adore bakery just so happened to be up for grabs and across the street so she bought it and named it Sweet's Treats. Not going to lie, that bakery has like 5 employees and I haven't even opened it yet because I decided to focus on her social life a bit more. So Nessa got a best friend and then.. started flirting with her. I was shocked. I had never really pursued romance with her so I had no idea. So I made a guy next-door to her who was exactly matching her turn ons. NO CHEMISTRY. I was stumped. Then she met this cute girl whose name I absolutely cannot remember who has red hair and brown eyes (I recently gave her a make over so I can't even remember I think I made her hair black). Nessa then got a puppy named Ploof who is literally my baby I love her so much and I don't even like dogs. Tessa then fell in love with this girl who denied any advances to even stay over for the night. Nessa proposed and got shot down. Even then she chased after her like a lovesick puppy... They ended up doing the woohoo thanks to a mod I have but the girl still refuses to stay over or settle down. I'm thinking of making Nessa move on soon because she has literally been doing everything to get this girl's attention and her relationships with everyone had been going down and it was crazy. Oh and somehow Nessa became best friends with her dad but lost contact completely with her brother and just kind of ignores her mom. And now Nessa is thinking of adopting a little baby to complete her dream of a pleasurable life.
    Wow that was long but a lot of stuff happened and I haven't played in about a week I'm super excited.
    See it's interesting stories like that, that make the Sims such a special experience. If only Maxis could understand how much detail we love putting into our stories. That's so sad but bittersweet that Nessa still had a good relationship with her brother despite being neglected as a child and still managing to open up her own bakery. I think that is how I like to play with my families sometimes too. That sometimes they go through struggles, but somehow manage to get through those tough times and excel in life and then a fire or a death of the family can destroy it and then I have to build up the family again. Taking beauty of an utter disaster I think is what Will Wright was trying to portray when making the Sims and it is still a major method I like to play my Sims games. That was beautiful, so thank you so much for sharing. I love your stories.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Idray2501 it's so lovely to see you back sharing your excitement and enthusiasm over a sims game :)
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    OMG! I have the silliest grin on my face from the pics! Thanks for sharing them. They are super cute!!!!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• StaceyUKStaceyUK Posts: 226 Member
    What are the benefits of changing default faces in TS2? Do you save them for new games?

Can I share my Bordello family story here? I was inspired to make a non traditional family for my first try for a generation game in TS2. I have abandoned my Gabriel family for now since I can't move then out of Pleasantville...

I have exported their genetics so I may try to recreate them in one of my custom neighbourhoods.

• SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Omg @starguru thank you for sharing those pictures! I really miss the ts2 show baby feature. I think ts4 has it.. But they only walk to the crib and stand there.

Someone asked what is the benefit for changing the default faces in sims 2? While I love diverse sims.. The default faces for ts2 were to extreme on some of them. So what I did was change the default face templates then I emtied out all of the townies in the neighborhood and then do a batch townie generation. It generates 30 sims each time into your neighbourhood I also got tired of meeting the same sims over and over. this way there is new ones
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    starguru wrote: »
    It’s nice to read the stories of your Sims lives, @Idray2501. A few more posts should get you to full membership status so you can post some screenshots of them too, if you like. :)

Speaking of screenshots, I have a few pictures of some cute moments with various families from my Pleasantview save in TS2 that I thought I’d share as well.

Cassandra Goth’s toddlers Claire, Deirdre and Drew playing on their big wheels in the driveway

1_zpsdqg8twbx.jpg

Dustin Broke and his wife Angela (Pleasant) relax, surrounded by their kids Austin, Danielle, Tangie and toddler Anton

2_zpsfnqih9x6.jpg

Baby Matthew playing with the DangleMaster

3_zps4dbugihw.jpg

Toddler Alexis escapes from her crib

4_zpszscirehc.jpg

Melody (Tinker) and Alexander Goth’s daughter, Alodie, gives some love to one of the family’s pet wolves

5_zpsrra3vjyl.jpg

Alodie loves their food too!

6_zpswtut6a3n.jpg

Bodhi Broke meets new baby brother Lucian, held by mom Lucy (Burb), while dad Ethan Broke looks on

7_zps1oafapzx.jpg

Brandi Broke’s youngest child, Heath (number ten!), is unsupervised and up to no good...

8_zps2ymvuon6.jpg

9_zpscesw7zlz.jpg

Toddler Evan playing on the spring rider

10_zpsdtrvy5s8.jpg

Baby Tatum Deppiesse, granddaughter of Herb and Coral Oldie, playing in her Bouncinator

11_zpsje9vqqsk.jpg

Dirk Dreamer and wife Lilith (Pleasant) playing in the Water Wiggler at the park with their twins Lark and Dillon

12_zpslva1o991.jpg

The late Mortimer Goth’s grandchildren, Cameron and Crystal, having fun playing on a Twirl, Spin and Wobble

13_zpsl81c1wwg.jpg

Toddler siblings Sawyer and Emma share a huggle

14_zpsfc2xdafj.jpg

But they won’t share a bottle! :lol:

15_zpsnk5lalzr.jpg

oh so many great things that wasn't even there in sims3... I want it

if it wasn't for the time frez and is the same on home lot when you return even if you where gone 5 hours I would play sims2.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited August 2015
    anettesb wrote: »
    It’s nice to read the stories of your Sims lives, @Idray2501. A few more posts should get you to full membership status so you can post some screenshots of them too, if you like. :)

Speaking of screenshots, I have a few pictures of some cute moments with various families from my Pleasantview save in TS2 that I thought I’d share as well.

Cassandra Goth’s toddlers Claire, Deirdre and Drew playing on their big wheels in the driveway

1_zpsdqg8twbx.jpg

Dustin Broke and his wife Angela (Pleasant) relax, surrounded by their kids Austin, Danielle, Tangie and toddler Anton

2_zpsfnqih9x6.jpg

3_zps4dbugihw.jpg

4_zpszscirehc.jpg

Melody (Tinker) and Alexander Goth’s daughter, Alodie, gives some love to one of the family’s pet wolves

5_zpsrra3vjyl.jpg

6_zpswtut6a3n.jpg

Bodhi Broke meets new baby brother Lucian, held by mom Lucy (Burb), while dad Ethan Broke looks on

7_zps1oafapzx.jpg

Brandi Broke’s youngest child, Heath (number ten!), is unsupervised and up to no good...

8_zps2ymvuon6.jpg

9_zpscesw7zlz.jpg

10_zpsdtrvy5s8.jpg

Baby Tatum Deppiesse, granddaughter of Herb and Coral Oldie, playing in her Bouncinator

11_zpsje9vqqsk.jpg

Dirk Dreamer and wife Lilith (Pleasant) playing in the Water Wiggler at the park with their twins Lark and Dillon

12_zpslva1o991.jpg

The late Mortimer Goth’s grandchildren, Cameron and Crystal, having fun playing on a Twirl, Spin and Wobble

13_zpsl81c1wwg.jpg

14_zpsfc2xdafj.jpg

15_zpsnk5lalzr.jpg

oh so many great things that wasn't even there in sims3... I want it

if it wasn't for the time frez and is the same on home lot when you return even if you where gone 5 hours I would play sims2.

The best thing about TS2 is that even tho it had no open world or other stuff that was in TS3 and not TS2, it was still enjoyable because that's what was expected or above expectations.
    The game is amazing and still enjoyable today.
    I wish I felt the same about TS4. :'(
    Don't get me wrong, its not sooo terrible that no one is gonna buy it.
    Its ok, I liked it for quite a while.
    Its just frustrating because, like I've said in other threads, its hard to enjoy a game that you know a certain version/ certain versions of the game you enjoyed more (that's how I see it anyway).
    If u like it, that's ok, your choice! But I wish that instead of aiming at some of the gamers they should cater 4 all.
    Honestly, I feel like not all of us have been heard.
    WE ARE THE FAN BASE!
    We should be the first port of call when it comes to new ideas for the game.
    But no, they seem to have this "Vision" in their head and they seem 2 go forward with it without a care in the world.
    I just...can't trust them anymore. :'(
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member

1_zpsdqg8twbx.jpg

2_zpsfnqih9x6.jpg

3_zps4dbugihw.jpg

4_zpszscirehc.jpg

5_zpsrra3vjyl.jpg

6_zpswtut6a3n.jpg

7_zps1oafapzx.jpg

8_zps2ymvuon6.jpg

9_zpscesw7zlz.jpg

10_zpsdtrvy5s8.jpg

11_zpsje9vqqsk.jpg

12_zpslva1o991.jpg

13_zpsl81c1wwg.jpg

14_zpsfc2xdafj.jpg

15_zpsnk5lalzr.jpg

This is so amazing, thanks for sharing! I love the ones of toddlers interacting with pets and their siblings :3
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I'm getting bored of TS4 again. It's like they've designed this game to get high and low to pressure you to buy stuff.
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    I'm getting bored of TS4 again. It's like they've designed this game to get high and low to pressure you to buy stuff.

It's been a boring weekend, so I tried to play today. I REALLY did. I tweaked my favorite Sim, who is as cute as a button. I built her an adorable starter home in my favorite Oasis Springs, and I hit play. I watched her go straight to the TV and sit there for 5 game hours before forcing her to cook dinner, pee and go to sleep. I made her a Scientist which I've never tried before, accompanied her to work on the first day, fiddled around with the doodads there and just couldn't muster up the interest to go back. I wanted her to try to focus on more solitary things, since her character is more of a quiet, bookworm, genius type...but she just kept being upset because I won't let her chatter away endlessly. I then downloaded a cute Bakery from the Gallery (I DO love this feature), plopped it down and sent her there to meet some new friends. It was a frenzy of Sims, noise and musical chairs. To the point where it was making me feel a bit overwhelmed in real life. But despite all of this frenetic energy, there was nothing...happening. They were all just bouncing around, smiling from ear to ear, chatting up a storm while facing walls. No one was making someone else upset, no one was being scandalous, no one was being interesting in any way. Her massive graphic was telling me she was TENSE from lack of Fun and yet, she was chatting happily away to any and everyone that walked past her. Not taking out her frustrations autonomously, just making a sour face while she told jokes about Vampires.

I've made her an adorable future boyfriend as well, and while they make a gorgeous couple, I...don't even want them to get together anymore. Because I don't want to have object babies that turn into smiling 10-year-olds...I'm just so sad. I love my little Sims and I love building and creating but I just can't play this game without being bored to literal tears.
  • AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member
    @starguru really lovely pictures!

Wow, 900+ pages already. Days have gone by and still no word on the toddler/family situation. I mean not even a YES or a NO. Just hoping they can string us along haha. No. Unfortunately I got bored of TS4 a long time ago. I can literally only play for one generation before I get bored and just quit. (Not like I would be able to play many more generations before culling strikes.)
    I miss the days where I used to get PEPS when hearing about an upcoming EP. Now unfortunately GTW and Get together haven't even come close to giving me PEPS. *sigh*

I mean how can you decide to leave these (amongst many other things) out of the game...

Screenshot-29_zpsbzlb1ocq.jpg

Why?
    Screenshot-10_zpsw9thuvg7.jpg
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited August 2015
    mortia wrote: »
    marcellala wrote: »

It's been a boring weekend, so I tried to play today. I REALLY did. I tweaked my favorite Sim, who is as cute as a button. I built her an adorable starter home in my favorite Oasis Springs, and I hit play. I watched her go straight to the TV and sit there for 5 game hours before forcing her to cook dinner, pee and go to sleep. I made her a Scientist which I've never tried before, accompanied her to work on the first day, fiddled around with the doodads there and just couldn't muster up the interest to go back. I wanted her to try to focus on more solitary things, since her character is more of a quiet, bookworm, genius type...but she just kept being upset because I won't let her chatter away endlessly. I then downloaded a cute Bakery from the Gallery (I DO love this feature), plopped it down and sent her there to meet some new friends. It was a frenzy of Sims, noise and musical chairs. To the point where it was making me feel a bit overwhelmed in real life. But despite all of this frenetic energy, there was nothing...happening. They were all just bouncing around, smiling from ear to ear, chatting up a storm while facing walls. No one was making someone else upset, no one was being scandalous, no one was being interesting in any way. Her massive graphic was telling me she was TENSE from lack of Fun and yet, she was chatting happily away to any and everyone that walked past her. Not taking out her frustrations autonomously, just making a sour face while she told jokes about Vampires.

I've made her an adorable future boyfriend as well, and while they make a gorgeous couple, I...don't even want them to get together anymore. Because I don't want to have object babies that turn into smiling 10-year-olds...I'm just so sad. I love my little Sims and I love building and creating but I just can't play this game without being bored to literal tears.

This. Every time i try to play, I get bored af. There's nothing to really do. I think im gonna take a break from 4 and try out my Sims 2 UC.

I wish I could play Sims 3 though.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Three more days before the Sims 4 1st anniversary. Wondering what going to happen?
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    Three more days before the Sims 4 1st anniversary. Wondering what going to happen?

Some sort of stuff pack I assume. :(
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer

Not a lot. Theyve got months to wait for Get Together and spooky stuff so I'm not expecting anything much. I could say I'd hope for a big surprise but every time I do that to myself it only hurts me!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Not a lot. Theyve got months to wait for Get Together and spooky stuff so I'm not expecting anything much. I could say I'd hope for a big surprise but every time I do that to myself it only hurts me!

I doubt anything interesting will happen, I have my 4th and final review thread to write up were I analyse the progress that TS4 has made every three months and once again, no progress has been made apart from a few extra EPs
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member

> That Why I said I wonder for,I'm not expecting nothing at all from them. Its something help with the tension that some may be having.
    I honestly want to watch the Get Together thing from Gamescon on youtube but I'm honestly terrified because I saw a gif and it looks horrifying in a cringe-attack enducing way. Personally, I started playing on Sims 4 so I never really had an issue with the whole toddlers deal (until now away), my version just appeared to have all the glitches and crashes so I just scoff when everyone talks about how amazingly smooth the Sims 4 is. My towns got new houses and lots everywhere and hot sims I made myself running about, that is if the game didn't ruin the few CC hairs I had or decide to switch their eye colors or just cull them completely. I just got bored quickly because my Sims didn't need me, so I couldn't even get attached. In the Sims 3 I practically have a heart attack when I realize that I hadn't paused it when I went to go wash the dishes or something else. In the Sims 2 I'm a bit more calm because I can fix whatever happened easier or it will just make the story more entertaining. With the Sims 4 I have literally left the game playing on its own and went out for a few hours, just to test. There was a fire and a sim died but no one really cared. Some skills had gone up. There were a few pee stains. For the most part though, they had taken care of themselves and the baby aged up to a child. Hurray. I really don't care. I was a bit sad because it was the prettiest sim in the family that died but in sims 4 all that really matters is how the sim looks I guess.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

> That Why I said I wonder for,I'm not expecting nothing at all from them. Its something help with the tension that some may be having.

A new birthday cake maybe?

I am pleasantly surprised that I haven't seen any 'do you think they will add toddlers in a first anniversary patch?' type threads lately. Either that or I haven't been as active the last few days, and saying that, I am convinced that the TS3 general discussion as almost as busy as the TS4 one o:)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I don't expect much, if anything, either. As far as spooky stuff it hasn't been confirmed and from the code I saw I doubt that it will be anything substantial. Believe me I'd like to expect a lot because not having new life states bothers me as much as not having toddlers bother so many of you. To me The Sims is just not The Sims without them. I just don't trust that it would be something great.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top