March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2015
    Idray2501 wrote: »
    I was a bit sad because it was the prettiest sim in the family that died but in sims 4 all that really matters is how the sim looks I guess.
    Sadly that's the Sims 4 in a nutshell. Pretty on the outside, but hollow on the inside.

It seems like the spooky stuff is just supernatural costumes. Kind of a slap in the face for supernatural fans, but at least people will have fun dressing up their Sims I guess.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I was a bit sad because it was the prettiest sim in the family that died but in sims 4 all that really matters is how the sim looks I guess.
    Sadly that's the Sims 4 in a nutshell. Pretty on the outside, but hollow on the inside.

It seems like the spooky stuff is just supernatural costumes. Kind of a slap in the face for supernatural fans, but at least people will have fun dressing up their Sims I guess.

Why? So they can chat and take selfies all night long? ;)

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

Why? So they can chat and take selfies all night long? ;)
    Oh dear, making me recall Gamescon again. :cry:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Just brought the Sims 2 and all of its packs out to where my pc is at,to be ready to start reinstalling the game after September 2nd.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Idray2501 get ready for feeling a mixture of anger/disappointment and horror at cringe worthy dancing. That presentation killed my hope for the sims dead and actually made me laugh with horror and embarrassment-because I thought if it wasn't bad enough before when people mocked us for being simmers-that public display would make us seem even more like a joke to them *sigh* All those years simmers tried to put across what a creative outlet the sims was and how seriously we take it and the team reduced it to that.

@PHOEBESMOM601 I'm sorry lovely, I know how you feel for those aspects and I think it's a crying shame too. @Scobre is right, costumes seem like pretty meagre offerings. But then with TS4 it seems that's par for the course.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

My concern is, there will be no 'Supernatural' if they can sell bits of it in Spooky Stuff and maybe some magic in a GP and that would be it.

Anyway, Spooky Stuff is all very well being an SP for Halloween, but after that, are you really going to decorate your Sim's houses with pumpkins all year round?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Idray2501Idray2501 Posts: 32 Member
    oh god. i just watched the video... I was half horrified and cringing really bad but half actually entertained because it was just.. laughable. And it really shouldn't be...
  • Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    The whole idea of the stuff packs of TS4 seems cheap to me, I mean if they continue throwing dlc like they've been doing there are going to be like 40 SP -if not more- at the end of TS4 era, and the worst part is that all of them seem poorly excecuted! look at cool kitchen for example:/
    Why can they make quality things? they can make a supernatural EP that has costumes and decoration and spooky SP would be not necessary.
    Why can't they make things right for the first time? It seems like they don't know what a quality product is. Sigh.
    Anyways I haven't bought anything after GTW, someone gave me SD but I haven't even used it, I feel very frustrated when I'm playing TS4 :(
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
    Cesal95 wrote: »
    The whole idea of the stuff packs of TS4 seems cheap to me, I mean if they continue throwing dlc like they've been doing there are going to be like 40 SP -if not more- at the end of TS4 era, and the worst part is that all of them seem poorly excecuted! look at cool kitchen for example:/
    Why can they make quality things? they can make a supernatural EP that has costumes and decoration and spooky SP would be not necessary.
    Why can't they make things right for the first time? It seems like they don't know what a quality product is. Sigh.
    Anyways I haven't bought anything after GTW, someone gave me SD but I haven't even used it, I feel very frustrated when I'm playing TS4 :(

I would say it is quantity over quality but it seems that these stuff packs even lack in the quantity department as well

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

I would say it is quantity over quality but it seems that these stuff packs even lack in the quantity department as well

Yes :( "Cool Kitchen": 1 refrigerator, 1-ugly- stove and not even a full set of kitchen I think lol
    What would be next? Spooky SP: costumes and one pumpkin? :neutral:
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif

Yes :( "Cool Kitchen": 1 refrigerator, 1-ugly- stove and not even a full set of kitchen I think lol

A few pumpkins and some fancy dress and maybe a jack-o-lantern seems to be what I am feeling.

As I have said about 20 times now, Spooky Stuff is all very well for Halloween but are you really going to use spooky items all year round?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

A few pumpkins and some fancy dress and maybe a jack-o-lantern seems to be what I am feeling.

As I have said about 20 times now, Spooky Stuff is all very well for Halloween but are you really going to use spooky items all year round?

And the fancy dress is going to be just for adults oh and teens because you know :neutral: as always kids sims are going to be ignored :/
    I'm not completely against SP, but c'mon EA, did you close your creative department?! They could have done A halloween themed SP with something more like a thanksgiving theme and other holidays, new recipes, costumes, decorations, that would've been perfect! :(
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
    edited August 2015
    EA/Maxis is into parties Theme and not much of anything else. I did decided to reinstall Sims 2 Double Deluxe little while ago instead of waiting since I've all the others packs to do.
    edited August 2015
    crockatail wrote: »
    EA/Maxis is into parties Theme and not much of anything else. I did decided to reinstall Sims 2 Double Deluxe little while ago instead of waiting since I've all the others packs to do.

Since you have TS2 Double Deluxe you can contact EA Chat to get your TS2 Ultimate Collection for free :) Just in case you didn't know :blush:
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    I’m glad you guys enjoyed my TS2 family pix! :blush:

@GoldenBuffy—I think I have that same silly grin on my face when I play my families. :lol: And I was laughing so hard at how the Sims slap themselves on the butt playing in the water wiggler when I first tried it out, haha. Even though the graphics are dated now, TS2 has such in-depth interactions and animations that I can’t help but feel drawn in and become totally immersed in the game. <3

@anettesb—I agree; there are a lot of great details in TS2 that would’ve been awesome to have in TS3. And since I went straight from the console games to TS3 on PC, there are also features from TS3 that I miss having in TS2 as well. I swap back and forth between the two games depending on the story I want to tell, and use I mods/external programs to adjust the things in one game that I can’t do in a vanilla version of the other as much as possible. I feel pretty lucky to be able to enjoy them both. :)

@MDancer9112—I definitely think TS2 is amazing, and because it’s new to me as of the TS2UC, I’m not playing it out of nostalgia like EA seems to prefer to believe of the members of the fan base that aren’t moving on to TS4. And had I gone from the console Sims games on PS2, I think I might have liked TS4 more because it would’ve felt to me like more of an upgrade. One thing about TS4 that I do like is the ability to fine-tune body shape in CAS; that’s a really good feature. But without the gameplay I prefer, what my Sims look like doesn’t really matter to me.

As far trust... I lost my faith when I realized that despite the lists of bugs and coding errors in TS3, there were many things that just weren’t going to be fixed, except by modders. That caused me to adopt a wait and see attitude towards TS4, and this was well before last summer’s announcements of the features that weren’t going to be included this time around. These past decisions played a huge role in my decision not to buy this game, no toddlers and a lack of detailed family play (imo) weakened my interest further, and culling drove the final nail in the coffin.

@agent-bev—Thanks! Of all the life stages, toddlers are my favorites. The households that have them are the most fun for me to play, so my Sims always have lots of kids! xD

@sparkfairy1—Thank you! I have a harder time taking good pix in TS2 than TS3, so I’m glad they turned out as well as they did and that you enjoyed them. :)

@AP_Pepper—Thanks! I played TS4 for 12 hours during the free trial, and I closed the game shortly after a child jumped out of the baby bassinet. I felt like I was missing too much and wasn’t even interested in playing anymore. The toddler stage—where so much of my family bonding happens—no longer existed. :/ As much as I’ve enjoyed past Sims games (and obviously still do), I just can’t manage to generate any enthusiasm for this one.

My concern is, there will be no 'Supernatural' if they can sell bits of it in Spooky Stuff and maybe some magic in a GP and that would be it.

Anyway, Spooky Stuff is all very well being an SP for Halloween, but after that, are you really going to decorate your Sim's houses with pumpkins all year round?
    I worry about that too. My hope was that supernatural toddlers would return, but sadly hasn't happened yet. If supernaturals get axed from development too, that would be so sad. I love having supernatural families. But ooh we are at page 911. Reminds me of 9/11 and the emergency phone number when someone needs help.
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I've not really played werewolves before, so it's the first time I've seen a werewolf jogging in the rain :lol:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    It made me laugh, so I hope it can cheer someone else up too :blush:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    Werewolves can be both amusing and frustrating. In their werewolf form, there's always this lag before they change clothes or go somewhere, which can lead to them being late to work/school D: And then when they're stressed or super tired, they'll change into werewolf form and stay like that for 6 sim hours, which is terrible because it takes forever for their energy bar to rise in that form. Also, toddler werewolves like to scratch all the furniture.

But in a way...I like that. I like the challenge. It makes juggling a career and a family all the more difficult, and it makes me appreciate the calm moments more :)

I worry about that too. My hope was that supernatural toddlers would return, but sadly hasn't happened yet. If supernaturals get axed from development too, that would be so sad. I love having supernatural families. But ooh we are at page 911. Reminds me of 9/11 and the emergency phone number when someone needs help.

In the UK the number is 999, and I am sure we will reach that number soon ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited August 2015
    Three more days before the Sims 4 1st anniversary. Wondering what going to happen?

Not a lot. Theyve got months to wait for Get Together and spooky stuff so I'm not expecting anything much. I could say I'd hope for a big surprise but every time I do that to myself it only hurts me!

I don't expect much, if anything, either. As far as spooky stuff it hasn't been confirmed and from the code I saw I doubt that it will be anything substantial. Believe me I'd like to expect a lot because not having new life states bothers me as much as not having toddlers bother so many of you. To me The Sims is just not The Sims without them. I just don't trust that it would be something great.

I really don't want even a substantial Spooky Stuff. How about Realistic Stuff for a change? All those random topics... i hope this turns out to be a false alarm.
    I think all they could put in such a pack is the stuff people should get in the Supernatural EP anyways.

Since you have TS2 Double Deluxe you can contact EA Chat to get your TS2 Ultimate Collection for free :) Just in case you didn't know :blush:

> Thank You, but I do have all the eps and sps to go with the Sims 2 Double Deluxe. :)
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    @elenorbreton, nice! I like the remodel! Is she still living in a single-wide, or is her trailer now a double wide?
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    All this chat about TS2 got me re-starting. I plonked some community Lots in my hood and have started playing the Brokes. I can't stand poor Brandi's home, so gave it a makeover (no cheating). It's amazing how much money she has to spend when you start deleting stuff! Though... I did run out and had to delete her garden plants to be able to afford a toilet :D

Here's her new home:
    Sims2EP9%202015-08-31%2004-30-57-52.png

Nice pic, I see that Beau has a platinum aspiration ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    @elenorbreton, nice! I like the remodel! Is she still living in a single-wide, or is her trailer now a double wide?
    I didn't alter the size, just split the inside up differently.
    Nice pic, I see that Beau has a platinum aspiration ;)
    Lol, yeah - cos when you first start playing them it takes about 2 seconds to finish teaching him how to walk, so he goes straight into platinum.

This morning, I had a go with Simpe and the Homecrafter. Ages since I did those. I couldn't find a plain white recolour of the cheap toilet (unbelievable, I know lol) so I did that in Simpe and made some tiling wallpapers in homecrafter. Now, I just have to wait for Brandi to get $15 so I can give her the white toilet ha ha. The money they had in that pic was spent on new pjs for everyone and now she only has $5.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top