Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

woah disagrees are back!?

wow.. when this happen? lol XD
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    All is explained here: UPDATES *AUGUST 21*
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    ikr!!! don't know when it happen but the whole forums changed :o
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Thank you..i had no idea about the august update...
    giphy.gif

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    A new button... Well then... Let's see how it works...

Sims Freeplay got added to the forum.
    We all adore that game!
    >:)
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Can we get a rekt button?
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    How long has it been like this? I noticed it when I logged on a few minutes ago, but I haven't been on here for a while before that.
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    How long has it been like this? I noticed it when I logged on a few minutes ago, but I haven't been on here for a while before that.

It wasn't like that when I was on here sometime between 4 and 5 hours ago.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yay! I don't have to say a word but just hit that disagree button, yay! yay! yay! and I bet so many others will be glad if I don't say a word, either. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    I hope they bring back the awesome, agree and insightful as well.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Yay! I don't have to say a word but just hit that disagree button, yay! yay! yay! and I bet so many others will be glad if I don't say a word, either. :)

ETA: Enjoy it my friend yay! my first disagree and we don't have to fight about it. :#
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

I rather have someone explain to me why they disagree with me instead of just hitting a button, because sometimes after reading their opinion I change my mind, but I'm still happy the disagree button is back.
    New Zealand!!!
    Sim Story:
    Simblr:
  • Options

I rather have someone explain to me why they disagree with me instead of just hitting a button, because sometimes after reading their opinion I change my mind, but I'm still happy the disagree button is back.

Sometimes, it's just best to hit a disagree and move on. It just depends. But it saves a lot of arguing here and I'm glad they are back!
  • Options

Sometimes, it's just best to hit a disagree and move on. It just depends. But it saves a lot of arguing here and I'm glad they are back!

That is true :) hopefully it will stop a lot of flame wars, looking back at my old disagrees they were for really stupid things, I never used the disagree button back then and I probably wont now, but I'm glad other people can use it instead of arguing with people :)
    New Zealand!!!
    Sim Story:
    Simblr:
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    They're probably going to regret putting this disagree button back. XD And here I am going to get disagrees for this comment. Oh well. :(
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    I like the button and I disagreeed your post just for fun!
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Can we get a Truth Tea button?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    As long as trolls don't take advantage of the disagree button. If so then that might be a problem.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2015
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    A new button... Well then... Let's see how it works...

Sims Freeplay got added to the forum.
    We all adore that game!
    >:)

Lol, the mixing of the traditional Sim community + Sims Freeplay's is not a good idea.
  • Options
    hope1275hope1275 Posts: 264 Member
    If it was here before, apparently I wasn't around much! But then, I've only been here two years. Still... I'm glad to hear other people's views on the disagree button. I hadn't thought of it like that. My first thought was "ouch!"
    As long as trolls don't take advantage of the disagree button. If so then that might be a problem.

That was my second thought. Plus it's kind of a bummer to see it at the top of your profile - how many people disagreed with you.

Why did they get rid of the disagree button in the first place?

z8Bu8FZ.gif

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Sk8rblaze

The Sims FreePlay official forum : http://forums.firemonkeys.com.au/forumdisplay.php?27
    Our forums are offline for temporary maintenance!

Find us on Twitter for the latest news: @TheFiremonkeys

© 2013 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.

In fact, the forum is down.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    hope1275 wrote: »
    If it was here before, apparently I wasn't around much! But then, I've only been here two years. Still... I'm glad to hear other people's views on the disagree button. I hadn't thought of it like that. My first thought was "ouch!"

That was my second thought. Plus it's kind of a bummer to see it at the top of your profile - how many people disagreed with you.

Why did they get rid of the disagree button in the first place?
    They got rid of it because people started abusing it. There would be trolls who would just go through peoples post history and disagree literally every single post the person made. So they got rid of it along with the Abuse button.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I am glad to see the disagree button back, thank you.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member

I agree. I think it was a wise choice to bring it back. Saves a lot of bad blood and gives the "LOL" button a rest! :D

14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    All is explained here: UPDATES *AUGUST 21*
    Any reason in particular you didn't also reactivate the agree button? It seems a little off balance to me now. My OCD is twitching. :(