Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers planned as DLC!! A NEW SURVEY IS OUT!!

Comments

• Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

You too? I almost fainted while trying not to over hype. I always wanted EA to prove me wrong but...my lord I never thought they'd go this far (well If they will go this far).

It's late where I live, and I'm pretty tired, so when I opened up and the first thing I saw was something with planned toddlers, then yeah, I felt my heart stop for a moment :lol:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Although I am relishing the news that toddlers are part of the survey, it still don't mean they are coming, if at all, soon. I reserve excitement for the official announcement. I do give props for the survey and give the community something to buzz about. Good job EA/Maxis!
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Has anyone realised that toddlers are being mentioned that they are in a survey, which means that they probably haven't even started production yet?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited August 2015
    Aine wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'd like Generations and University and Seasons the most. I would have wanted a Star or Famous one but I want like a singing career ect.. not a reality show or a youtube thing.. I may actually not buy that one if it actually gets released.
    I see a bunch of these like this Wedding one being a GP or SP. If the wedding comes with a bunch of animations maybe a GP...
    I wonder how they would create SimsTube...
    I'd guess it would be actions done with the computer, where they film themselves and then upload. :P
    Cool!
    Maybe it be like taking photos from GTW but videos and you get to make your Sims do stuff like vlog.
    Maybe the sims could choose between doing gameplay videos or fashion videos and they could have cute little animations sitting in front of the computer. :D Maybe it could even be a skill, so they are really bad and awkward at first, then they get better.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member

You too? I almost fainted while trying not to over hype. I always wanted EA to prove me wrong but...my lord I never thought they'd go this far (well If they will go this far).

It's late where I live, and I'm pretty tired, so when I opened up and the first thing I saw was something with planned toddlers, then yeah, I felt my heart stop for a moment :lol:

Same, I live in UK so its like quarter past 10, but its summer hols so its ok.

giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    I'm loving the idea of pre-teens. <3

Me too can't wait :)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    I'd like Generations and University and Seasons the most. I would have wanted a Star or Famous one but I want like a singing career ect.. not a reality show or a youtube thing.. I may actually not buy that one if it actually gets released.
    I see a bunch of these like this Wedding one being a GP or SP. If the wedding comes with a bunch of animations maybe a GP...
    I'd guess it would be actions done with the computer, where they film themselves and then upload. :P
    Cool!
    Maybe it be like taking photos from GTW but videos and you get to make your Sims do stuff like vlog.
    Maybe the sims could choose between doing gameplay videos or fashion videos and they could have cute little animations sitting in front of the computer. :D

SICKKKKK.
    You could make Pewdipie or IhasCupquake.
    We should design this EP.
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    I think this is sort of a confirmation, I mean surely that is going to be the one that get's voted for the most!? Right? I wouldn't be surprised if the next EP after Get Togther is the Generations one.

I certainly hope not. I'd rather never have toddlers in the base game than actually have to pay for them.

I hope they do have a Generations ep.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm happy for those who basically enjoy this game and toddlers will make it complete .. definitely. If they haven't started on them though they would not be in a survey if it wasn't possible.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    The funniest thing about all of this is the fact that these forums were mostly made of negative reaction toward The Sims 4. I remember when liking the game made you in the minority and now suddenly most people love the game? lmao! What happened?

Since this has been tossed around a lot as a TS4 excuse "Things change" ;)
  • Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member

im in the uk too and its quarter past 11??
    anyway it's late. but im too excited to sleep too
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Cool!
    Maybe the sims could choose between doing gameplay videos or fashion videos and they could have cute little animations sitting in front of the computer. :D

SICKKKKK.
    Yes, it would be cool. Especially if it would be a skill, and they would be really awkward at first, and they would be anxious about views and read fan comments. :D I wouldn't mind if that was a GP.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    simsjammy wrote: »

im in the uk too and its quarter past 11??
    anyway it's late. but im too excited to sleep too

Oh yeah, lol, stupid 24hour clock.

giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,490 Member
    I think this is sort of a confirmation, I mean surely that is going to be the one that get's voted for the most!? Right? I wouldn't be surprised if the next EP after Get Togther is the Generations one.

I certainly hope not. I'd rather never have toddlers in the base game than actually have to pay for them.

If we'll have to pay for toddlers, no... if we get toddlers patched in and then get a Generations expansion, then fine.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    aclavo wrote: »
    Considering these life stages will be added in an expansion pack, I'm not happy about it at all. Why should I have to pay for part of my base game?

Since pre-teens were never a part of any previous game, I would definitely welcome that life stage.

You do realize that if a life stage is added in an expansion pack, the only content they'll ever get would be in that pack alone, correct? Therefore, if Seasons was ever made, the pre-teens (or even toddlers) won't get any outdoor clothing because it wouldn't make sense for the expansion packs to somehow crossover with each other.

Not necessarily, they say they are making things in GT to crossover purposely with GTW
  • Options
    Cool!

SICKKKKK.
    Yes, it would be cool. Especially if it would be a skill, and they would be really awkward at first, and they would be anxious about views and read fan comments. :D I wouldn't mind if that was a GP.

Why can't Sims make this now??? :'(
    I'd make it if I could.

giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    What am I getting excited for exactly? The fact I have to pay for a base game feature?
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member

If we'll have to pay for toddlers, no... if we get toddlers patched in and then get a Generations expansion, then fine.

I hope Toddlers are Patched in a week before the Genrations EP is released as there way of Apologizing to the Simmers.
  • Options
    Hello Simmers! I know that there is a great deal of emotion and speculation happening in this thread, but please keep focused on the topic , and NOT on flaming or attacking each other. Thank you!

Don't worry J, we r cool now :)

giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    I worry they don't take the surveys that seriously and go for the easiest option to produce when alls said and done. I remember a pack that was basically Spa Day did very badly on the survey and they went ahead and gave us a pack like that anyway.

do you have the results??
  • Options
    aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    beautimous wrote: »
    aclavo wrote: »
    Considering these life stages will be added in an expansion pack, I'm not happy about it at all. Why should I have to pay for part of my base game?

Since pre-teens were never a part of any previous game, I would definitely welcome that life stage.

You do realize that if a life stage is added in an expansion pack, the only content they'll ever get would be in that pack alone, correct? Therefore, if Seasons was ever made, the pre-teens (or even toddlers) won't get any outdoor clothing because it wouldn't make sense for the expansion packs to somehow crossover with each other.

But Supernatural added bonuses for vampires, which came with the Late Night EP. It included a new LTW, new interactions, and some new powers.

Oh great, now people are going to be getting hyped up into 2016 and if the 3rd EP isn't toddlers, expect more chaos :disappointed:

If we end up having to pay for toddlers, I'm done with The Sims for good. I still have Sims 3 to play anyway and it's an awesome game! :D

Exactly

Be warned, guys, I feel toddlers are going to cost alot

To this point, the most 'toddlers' will cost is the price of an EP. Expensive, yeah, but if they come in an EP you wont be paying for only toddlers.

No. Supernatural added better vampires in general. Even if someone didn't have Late Night, they could still create vampires with Supernatural.

Well, shame on those who don't have the needed ep. But if toddlers pre-teens came before seasons then yes they would have clothing items for them. But, we don't know how they would be implemented.
  • Options
    Cool!

SICKKKKK.

Why can't Sims make this now??? :'(
    I'd make it if I could.
    Hey, I would give it to you if I could. :)
    Allons-y!

• Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I honestly think that, if toddlers and pre-teens weren't possible they wouldn't have put this in a new survey. I also think they timed this correctly since everyone was expecting something with Generations, so now those people can speculate on that while they work on it in the meantime.

Who knows, maybe they planned this before hand! I'm already happy the forums are much nicer to be in right now, it seems like people are talking to eachother a lot more and it makes me really glad!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    edited August 2015
    LMAO! Are people on this post seriously willing to PAY for a base game feature like toddlers!? You're all the reason why EA continues to make unfinished games! If I end up having to pay for toddlers, I'm done with The Sims!

Hey look on the bright side. At least we'll get toddlers! XD