Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers planned as DLC!! A NEW SURVEY IS OUT!!

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    While I think toddlers should be a free patch, I'm all for a Generations EP. And if that means that's the only way I'd get toddlers, is paying for them... so be it. As long as they are well done, I don't care how I get toddlers in my game. I'd want a Generation EP with or without toddlers as a free patch... AS LONG AS THEY ARE IN THE GAME!
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member

simsjammy wrote: »
    literally everyone on this thread: "wow.... just wow. as if they have the AUDACITY. toddlers???? COSTING MONEY?????????? after all this time, this is so low and i am disgusted. i cannot believe this tragedy. THIS IS WHY ea is falling apart, with NO fans. I HAVE BEEN PLAYING SINCE THE SIMSZZZ 1, i have the RIGHT to share my opinion!!! this is horrible that they'd do this to my favorite series, i wont TOLERATE THIS. I AM OUTRAGED, AFTER A YEAR OF WANTING THIS WE HAVE TO PAY? I was born with glass bones and paper skin. Every morning I break my legs, and every afternoon I break my arms. At night, I lie awake in agony until my heart attacks put me to sleep because. i cant control my thoughts, my head is blurry and i cant even begin to explain my rage on this topic.

i'll still buy em tho, i'll still buy em."

LMAO! I haven't even touched The Sims 4 in months, so no... I will NOT buy them! lol You're definitely one to make a huge judgment about people, aren't you?

R u looking for a fight or something?
    Things are negative as it is.
    This discussion was meant to be about the survey so can we just move on?

I'm sorry. I didn't realize we were required to be positive about the survey. This is a public forum. I'm allowed to express my opinions just as much as anyone else.

Soz I didn't mean you.

giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Oh great, now people are going to be getting hyped up into 2016 and if the 3rd EP isn't toddlers, expect more chaos :disappointed:

If we end up having to pay for toddlers, I'm done with The Sims for good. I still have Sims 3 to play anyway and it's an awesome game! :D

Exactly

Be warned, guys, I feel toddlers are going to cost alot
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,492 Member
    The funniest thing about all of this is the fact that these forums were mostly made of negative reaction toward The Sims 4. I remember when liking the game made you in the minority and now suddenly most people love the game? lmao! What happened?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    The funniest thing about all of this is the fact that these forums were mostly made of negative reaction toward The Sims 4. I remember when liking the game made you in the minority and now suddenly most people love the game? lmao! What happened?
    TS4 happened.

It's so sad.
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    edited August 2015

lmao what happened? people who don't like the game stopped playing and moved forwards with their life and people who like the game came to speak with other people who do???? crazy!!! what a world we live in
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Please everyone keep the discussion civil. Don't start a fight just because someone thinks differently from you.
    Let's not get this discussion closed, k? ;)
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    I think pure passion can sometimes come out as seeming negativity. It's normal - it lets people defend against being heart broken.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd like Generations and University and Seasons the most. I would have wanted a Star or Famous one but I want like a singing career ect.. not a reality show or a youtube thing.. I may actually not buy that one if it actually gets released.
    I see a bunch of these like this Wedding one being a GP or SP. If the wedding comes with a bunch of animations maybe a GP...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    aclavo wrote: »
    Considering these life stages will be added in an expansion pack, I'm not happy about it at all. Why should I have to pay for part of my base game?

Since pre-teens were never a part of any previous game, I would definitely welcome that life stage.

You do realize that if a life stage is added in an expansion pack, the only content they'll ever get would be in that pack alone, correct? Therefore, if Seasons was ever made, the pre-teens (or even toddlers) won't get any outdoor clothing because it wouldn't make sense for the expansion packs to somehow crossover with each other.

That's not true at all.

Then explain how exactly it would work then. If someone has Seasons and not Generations, there would be extra content in the game that would be unusable (by your logic). Since it would be possible for someone to own one expansion pack and not the other, it wouldn't make sense.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    beautimousbeautimous Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2015
    Considering these life stages will be added in an expansion pack, I'm not happy about it at all. Why should I have to pay for part of my base game?

Since pre-teens were never a part of any previous game, I would definitely welcome that life stage.

You do realize that if a life stage is added in an expansion pack, the only content they'll ever get would be in that pack alone, correct? Therefore, if Seasons was ever made, the pre-teens (or even toddlers) won't get any outdoor clothing because it wouldn't make sense for the expansion packs to somehow crossover with each other.

But Supernatural added bonuses for vampires, which came with the Late Night EP. It included a new LTW, new interactions, and some new powers.

Oh great, now people are going to be getting hyped up into 2016 and if the 3rd EP isn't toddlers, expect more chaos :disappointed:

If we end up having to pay for toddlers, I'm done with The Sims for good. I still have Sims 3 to play anyway and it's an awesome game! :D

Exactly

To this point, the most 'toddlers' will cost is the price of an EP. Expensive, yeah, but if they come in an EP you wont be paying for only toddlers.

• Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'd like Generations and University and Seasons the most. I would have wanted a Star or Famous one but I want like a singing career ect.. not a reality show or a youtube thing.. I may actually not buy that one if it actually gets released.
    I see a bunch of these like this Wedding one being a GP or SP. If the wedding comes with a bunch of animations maybe a GP...
    I wonder how they would create SimsTube...
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I'm loving the idea of pre-teens. <3
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    simsjammy wrote: »

lmao what happened? people who don't like the game stopped playing and moved forwards with their life and people who like the game came to speak with other people who do???? crazy!!! what a world we live in

Not true. I've seen many people on this forum who originally hated The Sims 4, but suddenly love it.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Please everyone keep the discussion civil. Don't start a fight just because someone thinks differently from you.
    Let's not get this discussion closed, k? ;)
    Thankyou voice of reason.
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I really wish some in this thread would stop trying to bait some type of argument or issue. Watch your step on this side, poke the bees on the other side. This is what causes angry feelings and arguing. Stop it!

This is a survey, not a definite that toddlers are coming out and I, for one, will believe when I see it happening, officially!
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    Seriously, would EA/Maxis dare to make toddlers paid DLC? They had better not, or else TS4 will be in a grave so deep it's going to be nearly impossible for it to get out. :(

Well you should realise that in today world nothing is free me I do not mind paying for toddlers
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Jesus I nearly had a heart attack

You too? I almost fainted while trying not to over hype. I always wanted EA to prove me wrong but...my lord I never thought they'd go this far (well If they will go this far).
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    I'd guess it would be actions done with the computer, where they film themselves and then upload. :P
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    edited August 2015
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I actually liked Generations. :0 It added a lot of nice touches that made the game more lifelike, like extracurricular stuff, treehouses and playground activities, and proms.

But if they're asking us to pay for toddlers this time, then I'm completely going back to TS2 and TS3.

Totally agree (with the things that I quoted)!
    Seriously, would EA/Maxis dare to make toddlers paid DLC? They had better not, or else TS4 will be in a grave so deep it's going to be nearly impossible for it to get out. :(

Well you should realise that in today world nothing is free me I do not mind paying for toddlers

Not everyone has a bunch of money to spend, especially on a (currently) lacking game like this. AND they should be free in the first place!
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • Options
    beautimous wrote: »

But Supernatural added bonuses for vampires, which came with the Late Night EP. It included a new LTW, new interactions, and some new powers.

Exactly

To this point, the most 'toddlers' will cost is the price of an EP. Expensive, yeah, but if they come in an EP you wont be paying for only toddlers.

No. Supernatural added better vampires in general. Even if someone didn't have Late Night, they could still create vampires with Supernatural.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    I NEED THAT SURVEY. :'(
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Oh my gosh, I just realized playground equipment could be coming back! Slides, swings and more, that would be adorable!! I'm litterly still freaking out over this it's been an hour :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    Aine wrote: »
    I'd guess it would be actions done with the computer, where they film themselves and then upload. :P
    Cool!
    Maybe it be like taking photos from GTW but videos and you get to make your Sims do stuff like vlog.

giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well it's fine to defend now and then but to call people slaves is another thing. We all want different things and those of us that love this version of the game think it has been well worth the money spent. I know I do. I really don't care if people have an opinion that it is unfinished. They seriously don't care if I enjoy that and I have seen that again and again. They just call you names slaves, robots, cheerleaders, blind, bros the list goes on and on. So yeah we all make flip comments now and then.. usually I just ignore them.. it really is best.
    That said since I love and enjoy the game I am willing to pay for content.
    egTcBMc.png