Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Maybe we should '''Get together'' and launch a website to keep people from spending money on this wasteland.

See it as an anti Sims 4 campaign.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    SHE LOVE that vidio?

:cold_sweat: it made me want to puke

and sims make you do all the things you wish to do..... beside have a family

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    fabeme wrote: »
    What I wonder I where do they find their ideas? I know that they asked people before the release of the base game WHAT THEY WANTED and probably that they asked party stuff... But it was BEFORE the release and BEFORE we learn that the toddlers where out so... Did they ask people after that or did they continued with their old polls?

Easy.

- Look at previous series and expansions
    - Take a few ideas from that
    - Make it more shallow
    - Release less for more money.
    - Profit because the clueless cheerleaders will buy it anyway
    - repeat.

sad but might be very close to reality

so they not very creative... and takeing our creative tools aswell

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    What I wonder I where do they find their ideas? I know that they asked people before the release of the base game WHAT THEY WANTED and probably that they asked party stuff... But it was BEFORE the release and BEFORE we learn that the toddlers where out so... Did they ask people after that or did they continued with their old polls?

Easy.

- Make it more shallow
    - repeat.

And don't forget, take a selfie! @rudy8292
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • Options
    manda9801 wrote: »

Easy.

- Make it more shallow
    - repeat.

Oh, sorry I forgot! :blush:

Take a selfie preferably on stage while dancing!
  • Options
    Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    Maybe we should '''Get together'' and launch a website to keep people from spending money on this wasteland.

See it as an anti Sims 4 campaign.

And a petition for other gaming studio to make a REAL life simulation game, I don't know why any other company hasn't done this. When the disaster of Simcity 2013 happened, Cities:SL appeared and it was succesful, it had everything SC hadn't. It's time to have an alternative. :/
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    manda9801 wrote: »

Easy.

- Make it more shallow
    - repeat.

Oh, sorry I forgot! :blush:

Take a selfie preferably on stage while dancing!

A cringe worthy moment thats for sure. :s
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    edited August 2015
    Cringe!!!!!!! I have just watched that presentation. Has she no control!!!!!!

Edit: just want to add,why tell people now if its not out until november? Bit early isnt it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    If you look more closely: Tod-dler exactly fits when @SimGuruRachel claps her hands! OMG HINT! Lol.

0Ov94sU.gif?1
  • Options
    WylseyWylsey Posts: 383 Member
    clover24 wrote: »

Edit: just want to add,why tell people now if its not out until november? Bit early isnt it.

You'd think but EA aren't releasing Mirror's edge until February of next year and they already released the trailer for it. But I guess it's different cause its a full game and not an expansion?
    Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Sounds like RF is chugging right along with her "vision" while all we can do is stand by the sidelines and watch the train wreck. Honestly, we are wasting so much time and effort on this game. Sigh.

We know now that EA has never listened to us, and at this time there is absolutely no reason to think that will change. We need an "in" to another developer, and I wish I had an idea of how to achieve that.

I would contribute to a developer. Not hundreds or thousands of dollars to be sure, but a little is better than none at all. There are a lot of disgruntled Simmers out there, and it would quickly add up. Sigh again.

Because I want more of this. With all the bells and whistles. I want it all.

Screenshot-239_zpsf9557868.jpg
    snapshot_126372ae_81b5de5f_zpsd878024f.jpg

Snapshot_zpsdd84ba63.png
    Screenshot-195_zpsc6f5558d.jpg
    Screenshot-119_zps534cfcd8.jpg
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Wylsey wrote: »

You'd think but EA aren't releasing Mirror's edge until February of next year and they already released the trailer for it. But I guess it's different cause its a full game and not an expansion?

I was thinking more along the lines of how recent gp sp and eps have come out, get to work was only like a month before it came out and the recent have been a week if im correct. Thats why im questioning thier motives.....

I find it a bit random and i really couldnt see this ep needing a trial before it was announced. (didnt some people trial something and thats why they didnt go to e3) hopefully im not muddling here. Something supicious is going on and i dont think its good. Its the reason why ive been hanging around alot.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    The new EP just proves my point that we are never getting toddlers or any sort of meaningful family play back ever again. I stopped fighting for toddlers since June because I had given up hope on them ever returning, but this is just ridiculous. This is too small to be an EP.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    Now it's official! They just keep on following their day one plan, stubborn like a tank! Say bye bye to toddlers, once and for all. :(
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited August 2015
    I needed a little to figure out what this EP is about. The trailer is so "partying here, swimming there, random town".
    But i guess the EPs central theme is "cliques". Like "Friends" as a sims EP
  • Options
    WylseyWylsey Posts: 383 Member
    Wylsey wrote: »

I was thinking more along the lines of how recent gp sp and eps have come out, get to work was only like a month before it came out and the recent have been a week if im correct. Thats why im questioning thier motives.....

I find it a bit random and i really couldnt see this ep needing a trial before it was announced. (didnt some people trial something and thats why they didnt go to e3) hopefully im not muddling here. Something supicious is going on and i dont think its good. Its the reason why ive been hanging around alot.

Ahh, Yes I see what you mean.

I can't imagine this needing a trial, It seems pretty simplistic in what its about and what you can do (judging solely from what I've read and the trailer). I am a bit dumbfounded why this got such a big announcement? If you ask me, Get to work was more deserving of an E3/Gamescom announcement than this - it did feature new careers and new game play, So what made this more deserving?

I do realise they probably couldn't afford to hold on to that expansion for 5 extra months until E3/Gamescom but you still get what I mean.
    Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.
  • Options
    But, let's all reflect on how cool the dancing was though...
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • Options
    taatelimiestaatelimies Posts: 105 Member
    @manda9801 Love that new signature lol! :D So fitting.
    Origin ID: pinkb4tman | PSN: otttoe
  • Options
    @taatelimies Why thank you! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top