Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    I'm writing a fully thought out, detailed letter/email to Rockstar to make a life simulation game. Because right now I will no longer support EA/Maxis, and we need an alternative. They are sitting real comfortable with no competition. So they think they can get away with everything and anything. If you guys know any other gaming company that can make great world's with great game play other than Rockstar, please do try to write a detailed letter explaining why they should give a life simulation game a go. I'm done EA. Let your mindless robotic cheerleaders continue to feed until you 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off the rest of your buying customers and their play styles. Let's see how long they can feed you once you lose us for good.
    Good luck with that and I mean it. :)

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you @JoBass24us that means a lot lovely. I'm not angry or upset for myself-but for the thousands of customers and loyal simmers they are effectively treating like garbage.

I will fight alongside anyone who wants to find a way to get something we deserve-I want every single one of you to have your say and for other companies to see how wonderful you are and what amazing feedback and love you have in your hearts for family play. If EA don't want us then we'll have to find someone who does. I'm sure it will be easier than trying to get through to the brick wall and stone hearts at EA.
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    I can take solace in Sims 3 at least, my sweet little toddlers are all present all the time and I love watching them. Their transition from infancy to toddler then child must be in that order, or life simulation just doesn't make sense. Life isn't all about bro's and partying and make outs left right and centre, eventually at some point everyone wants to have a family and this kind of simulation is a cop out and trolling every person who wants toddlers and family play. :(

EA this is what should be added to the Sims 4! Not an EP that holds no relevancy whatsoever to what this thread stands for and all the simmers who want family play.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Sims 2 and 3 toddlers are so cute and the thought of them not added to 4 is very upsetting! :(
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited August 2015
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I will not stop fighting. I will not stop bothering them to death on twitter and I will not stop spitting out my critisism all over the internet.

If they come with something good i'll be one of the first people to admit it, but this is just pathetic.

Yeah, the members who like TS4 and don't like our "negativity" are like:
    "you just want to complain, that's why you're doing it for months".
    Well, sorry, but if they don't change anything how can i change my attitude?

ETA: Everyone of us know that we sound like broken records. But if EA puts their fingers in their ears, we either can stop to play our music or try to play until EA takes their fingers out.
  • Options
    @rudy8292 I won't either. They have a lot of my money and I feel deceived. Isnt it funny how nice simmers like @JoBass24us can find us to say how sorry she is that we are being so neglected and pushed aside by none of the TS4 development team can swing by to offer some support? They know how upset people get. Says it all really doesn't it?
  • Options
    sanarithsanarith Posts: 10,812 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm beginning to regret uninstalling TS3. At least I could use NRAAS for story progression there, even if it had it's faults*. Heck, I'm even thinking about reinstalling TS2. It's just a train wreck now, and I don't want to waste my money here when I'm not going to be listened to or acknowledged in any way shape or form.

If I had the skills and knowledge, I would have started a Kickstarter and begun development a long time ago. Unfortunately I don't know if another Life Simulation game is even possible - has EA copyrighted it? Maybe that's the reason there isn't any competition. It may not even be possible, which is very sad, especially since this is being run into the ground and there is no sign of it stopping.

In all honesty, I really, really miss the old gameplay and memories these little Sims had brought me. Yes, I understand that the Sims 4 will never be the same as TS3 or TS2, but can I not expect core elements that were included in the old games? NPCs and toddlers are pretty much a necessity for a Life Simulation, which is what the Sims franchise is supposed to be.

This new EP really seems to just be rubbing it in. It's clear that they are targeting people that are young, but I doubt I am the only one that is young and wants family gameplay. It's always been about money in EA, but I thought that with GTW, I would be proved wrong. I think that a lot of people were probably strung along and that's wrong. The thing is, I doubt EA will listen to us unless we make it VERY clear they won't get our money until they give us at least a simple 'yes' or 'no'. I've seen a suggestion about a 24 hour 'blackout', and I'm in favour of that, but I doubt it would mean much.

I know I'm not the only one, but I'm upset, angry and disappointed with EA. I had hopes for this, but now it's all about partying and dishwashers, I'm ready to close my wallet. After all, I can go back to the other games for those - which include things missing from TS4 or need fixing.

EDIT: *I mean the game TS3, not the mod.
  • Options
    @marcellala they are broken records too with those comments. They aren't better than us and I don't care what they say!

I was patient before but if I sound angrier now? So what? Ask yourself why @SimGuruLyndsay etc a devoted loyalist like myself would lose that patience. Because it feels at this point like we've been abused. Stuck in a corner told we are being heard but left to rot waiting while you push out party content and then not only that but your company making snide untrue remarks about why we are unhappy when you know full well the true story. Or should. You know what? I regret helping you EA. If I could go back in time I'd tell myself you couldn't be trusted and that anything I do to help would be tossed into the garbage like anything else which dares to question the narrow 'vision'.
    I don't know any other artists who would blame their own fans for not liking their product. It's so unbelievable that you would even try that one. A disgrace.
  • Options
    @rudy8292 you have to worry when you get censored by anyone for not agreeing with them. Not worth your time or a second thought.
  • Options
    Lol. I posted a tweet earlier this morning that I think it's worrisome that all of the Yibsims are all over hyped with this EP while the majority of the ''normal fans'' hate it. And that they must be afraid of losing their privileges.

Did not take long before someone jumped on me that I should respect what people love or don't love. While that is true, it's really obvious that the yibbers always love what EA does.

I know some people don't like me and my negative attitude towards this game. I got blocked by a very popular Sims website because ''I was spreading negativity'' about her and the website over at MTS. But well.. I don't give a big fat green plum.

HA! I can guess who it was. Sadly, she has the best news site. She always hyped TS3 and than acted like it was a pile of plum once it was finished.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    @rudy8292 I won't either. They have a lot of my money and I feel deceived. Isnt it funny how nice simmers like @JoBass24us can find us to say how sorry she is that we are being so neglected and pushed aside by none of the TS4 development team can swing by to offer some support? They know how upset people get. Says it all really doesn't it?

/hugs

At this point, there is no excuse that could possibly justify what they are doing or not doing.

It's obvious, TS4 is no longer a LifeSim per say, it's more of a PartySim. I've had my share of fun with the game and have enjoyed some aspects of it but I can clearly see the direction this game is taking.

I really wish they call Tim Letourneau (Executive Producer of TS2) and Ben Bell (Executive Producer of TS3) back and have these two Executive Produce TS5. RF should not be allowed anywhere near a Sims game. Wait scratch that, I bet she'd be great on the Freeplay team.

• Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Oh it could of been this too! o:)

head-in-sand.png
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2015
    Lol. I posted a tweet earlier this morning that I think it's worrisome that all of the Yibsims are all over hyped with this EP while the majority of the ''normal fans'' hate it. And that they must be afraid of losing their privileges.

Did not take long before someone jumped on me that I should respect what people love or don't love. While that is true, it's really obvious that the yibbers always love what EA does.

I know some people don't like me and my negative attitude towards this game. I got blocked by a very popular Sims website because ''I was spreading negativity'' about her and the website over at MTS. But well.. I don't give a big fat green plum.
    It's the same with (all?, many?) other official Sims 4 fan sites. I don't tell names here because I don't want to get sued but I think you know who I mean. ;)

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Morning, I woke up to 169 notifications and 145 were from this thread. Not a good sign and nope it wasn't. I could not stay up to watch the press conference and now glad I didn't. We had already had the hints that the next pack would be another party one and it is true so that is it for my rose colored glasses. I just smashed them into tiny little pieces pretending it was someone's head! (no names please, I don't wanna go to jail)
    I'm gonna go make that twitter account for sure and I'll be back later for someone to tell me how to follow peeps and who. Hugs to all and please those who are gonna leave pop in now and then and say hey or join the PP forum ( can I say that here?)
  • Options
    WylseyWylsey Posts: 383 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Morning, I woke up to 169 notifications and 145 were from this thread. Not a good sign and nope it wasn't. I could not stay up to watch the press conference and now glad I didn't. We had already had the hints that the next pack would be another party one and it is true so that is it for my rose colored glasses. I just smashed them into tiny little pieces pretending it was someone's head! (no names please, I don't wanna go to jail)
    I'm gonna go make that twitter account for sure and I'll be back later for someone to tell me how to follow peeps and who. Hugs to all and please those who are gonna leave pop in now and then and say hey or join the PP forum ( can I say that here?)

Sorry you had to wake to such a disaster, I know that we were trying to be hopeful only to be disappointed again with the same kind of content.

Link is in my signature ;)
    Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    It's like they troll their own fans. What's sad is we try to help them but it appears because of ego they will do anything but cater to anyone who doesn't agree with their 'vision'.

Anyone who wants me can pm me, I'm sure together we can stick together and sort something out.

I have a feeling GT will sell, though. It's really pretty meh, but it will add a lot of interactions and simmers without it will soon feel like they really need it or their game is empty.
    I'm really afraid that happens to me at least. I really don't need this, but the pictures of how "lively" everyone elses game LOOKS with the new addition will make it gard for me to stay away.
    In tge end, as long as EA gets my money they don't care if i'm happy or not and i need to constently remind me of that.

Just because the cheerleaders will buy every single plum EA releases so they can just keep making more plum after plum and make it more shallow everytime they release something. THAT is the problem of the franchise.

The problem is that EA is getting away with it! And EA KNOWS that. They are exploiting that to make more half (not even half!) baked content because they know the cheerleaders will buy it anyway.

When I made a comment over at simsvip about ea ruining the sims 4. Two people pointed out to me that sadly it's the most played game on orgin. That it knocked battlefield to number to. * rolls eyes* so yeah people are being zombies and only buying it cause things are new. Not me though. Haven't bought anything since outdoor retreat. They can shove these eps/sps game packs where the sun doesn't shine
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    *Views Get Together Trailer *
    *Tries very hard not to get banned*
    :|
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member

Sorry you woke up to this chick. But if you would like to have a cringe moment it is worth the watch lol.

Wish i knew how to make mods and was a computer whizz coz if i did i would make toddlers and family stuff for you all for the game. (Dont even know if thats possible but i can dream)
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    That's about how it was for me. I thought 'Uh oh', and clicked on the thread and saw I'd logged out about 2 minutes before the boom fell last night. Although I still get here by way of the Sims 3 site, so I already had seen the Get Together splash and thought yuck. I don't suppose they included kids parties and prom and golden anniversaries for the non-YA sims and just didn't mention them? Holiday parties and feasts for the whole family plus neighbors? Sigh. But could sims already swim in the lakes? I don't remember seeing that before.

I couldn't stay up longer because my new puppy already keeps me up too late. :D
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    It's like they troll their own fans. What's sad is we try to help them but it appears because of ego they will do anything but cater to anyone who doesn't agree with their 'vision'.

Anyone who wants me can pm me, I'm sure together we can stick together and sort something out.

I have a feeling GT will sell, though. It's really pretty meh, but it will add a lot of interactions and simmers without it will soon feel like they really need it or their game is empty.
    I'm really afraid that happens to me at least. I really don't need this, but the pictures of how "lively" everyone elses game LOOKS with the new addition will make it gard for me to stay away.
    In tge end, as long as EA gets my money they don't care if i'm happy or not and i need to constently remind me of that.

Just because the cheerleaders will buy every single plum EA releases so they can just keep making more plum after plum and make it more shallow everytime they release something. THAT is the problem of the franchise.

The problem is that EA is getting away with it! And EA KNOWS that. They are exploiting that to make more half (not even half!) baked content because they know the cheerleaders will buy it anyway.

When I made a comment over at simsvip about ea ruining the sims 4. Two people pointed out to me that sadly it's the most played game on orgin. That it knocked battlefield to number to. * rolls eyes* so yeah people are being zombies and only buying it cause things are new. Not me though. Haven't bought anything since outdoor retreat. They can shove these eps/sps game packs where the sun doesn't shine

Do they have proof of that? I just tried to check and cannot find a list of THE most popular game on origin. It is in the best selling games section and I don't doubt that. People will buy it, play it, gripe and complain or love it. I'm not trying to knock those that love it, why do they always have to knock those of us who want it to be better?
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    Eurgh. Can I please come and rock in a corner over here? I just watched the Gamescon horror and the Get More Of Your Mum's Money announement trailer and am all convoluted. I can't tell if I'm all stabbity stab stab or ermagherd crycry. And yes, Maxis. I said announcement trailer, not some weird pidgin announce crap.

Qw4X3Fowk7ITDDcg55m.gif
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »

Do they have proof of that? I just tried to check and cannot find a list of THE most popular game on origin. It is in the best selling games section and I don't doubt that. People will buy it, play it, gripe and complain or love it. I'm not trying to knock those that love it, why do they always have to knock those of us who want it to be better?

I wish I knew. I didn't bother to look for the proof sadly. And yeah if people like the game that's great. It's just not for me anymore.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    Because GTW and GT sounds to similar, i will try to establish this acronym TRE:
    The Random EP.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top