The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Looking through screencaps of the new expansion, I see a single, solitary African-American hairstyle being added in this puppy.
    I know this isn't exactly "family play" related, but come on now. A lot of people have been wanting more black hairstyles that aren't just "afro" and "...really bad braids/cornrows" added to the game and it's something that's kind of being dabbled in, but not really...delved into.

Back to CC hunting, I guess?? oh wait i don't even play uh
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Yep, it's SimCity 2013 all over again. The team willfully ignores what we've been telling them for months, because they are so determined to shove the single YA lifestyle, party all the time, bros forever "vision" down our throats. They do not respect that we are intelligent, know our own minds, and are clear on what we want in a Life Simulator. "You Rule." Phbbbt! Utter road apples. It's jaw-dropping and so disappointing how similar the parallels are to SC 2013. I remember how many players told them that they did not want online only for SC 2013, but they were determined to do that and nothing else. They were so pigheaded that by the time they gave the players an offline mode, it was too late. They destroyed the game because they refused to heed what players wanted.

My prediction is that by Sept. 2016, Sims 4 will be mothballed.

I remember saying back before the game was even released that it was SimCity 13 all over again! Still, I tried my best to like the game. It's just not a very good game, especially with it lacking family play content; it's not even close to being a legit successor to the franchise IMO.

According to Twitter they are still working on the EP. So it's not even finished. Reminds me of all the things they were saying about the base game while they were still working on it up until release. Sadly only about half of what they said would be in was actually included, and all of what they said was out was indeed out.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    Wow. I haven't been kept up to date here the last few days for reasons I won't get into, but I return to find EA have announced my worst nightmare. 'Get Together'? I haven't even bothered to read about it, the name tells me everything I need to know. Was there any word about toddlers at all? I'm not even going to watch the presentation. I literally lost sleep around the time of Gamescon because I couldn't watch it and I couldn't do anything while thinking about it, it seems I was 'excited' over nothing.

You should watch the presentation or you won't be able to participate in all the insider jokes about the most embarrassing dance routine ever.
    ETA: And i hope you're ok ^^

I tried, but I can't watch the entire thing. It's so ridiculous that my brain shuts off and says, "Nope, not going to do it!"

If I could get my money back for the base, OR & GTW I would. I'm absolutely amazed at the level of willful ignorance they have toward family play fans. "We heard you want answers on the toddler life stage and more attention to family play. So we gave you more of the single YA lifestyle; parties, clubbing, bros and woohoo. Isn't that awesome? You rule!"

Makes me want to barf. :s

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Well - as depressing as today has been, I have managed some laughs (anybody seen the haters are the minority thread!? Check it out for shyts and giggles) so there is a bright side I guess.

It's soooo sad to see you all quitting. I think, for me, the moment this place gives up - that's it. It's over.

--T
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Wow I wake up to 200 messages, so still catching up. But wow I've never laughed so much with a press conference before. I was like wow, even I can dance better than that. No wonder the poor Simmies dance kind of lame. I'm going to call the EP Potato Masher, because it is such a weird combination of old ideas all mashed together. Probably only thing sort of new is the natural looking pool. I mean I was hoping for some better dancing at least. But called it on a nightlife EP being next. Just a shame there won't be apartments at least. Modern+historical look is just eww. They can't even doing old styles anymore without mixing it with their "modern vision." It's like really? But yes press conference was so popcorn worthy and I laughed my behind off.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Wow I wake up to 200 messages, so still catching up. But wow I've never laughed so much with a press conference before. I was like wow, even I can dance better than that. No wonder the poor Simmies dance kind of lame. I'm going to call the EP Potato Masher, because it is such a weird combination of old ideas all mashed together. Probably only thing sort of new is the natural looking pool. I mean I was hoping for some better dancing at least. But called it on a nightlife EP being next. Just a shame there won't be apartments at least. Modern+historical look is just eww. They can't even doing old styles anymore without mixing it with their "modern vision." It's like really? But yes press conference was so popcorn worthy and I laughed my behind off.

Yay! Was wondering when you'd show up! Isn't the whole thing just appalling?

I'm still laughing at RF. she couldn't get off that stage fast enough.

--T
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Wow. I haven't been kept up to date here the last few days for reasons I won't get into, but I return to find EA have announced my worst nightmare. 'Get Together'? I haven't even bothered to read about it, the name tells me everything I need to know. Was there any word about toddlers at all? I'm not even going to watch the presentation. I literally lost sleep around the time of Gamescon because I couldn't watch it and I couldn't do anything while thinking about it, it seems I was 'excited' over nothing.

You should watch the presentation or you won't be able to participate in all the insider jokes about the most embarrassing dance routine ever.

phaz4AZ.gif?1
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »

--T
    It's embarrassing to say the least. I'm actually not shocked it being a nightlife EP, but for being one, it seems kind of lame and half baked even. I'm like wow, even Sims 1 had a better EP than that. Oh that dancing. They honestly should have hired some people from So you think you can dance show to have danced better. I mean if Twitch had been on that stage, I would have been impressed. But wow that dancing is embarrassing even for the dance community. I admit only thing I liked about the video was the Zedd song. I like their music, but wow dancing to the song was so off beat. That's another nickname I could give it, the Sims 4 Off Beat. Oh the nickname possibilities with this EP I could have a lot of fun with. Eh, I'll just say the nickname I was going to call it last night which I think fits this EP. The Sims 4 Get Laid.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

--T
    It's embarrassing to say the least. I'm actually not shocked it being a nightlife EP, but for being one, it seems kind of lame and half baked even. I'm like wow, even Sims 1 had a better EP than that. Oh that dancing. They honestly should have hired some people from So you think you can dance show to have danced better. I mean if Twitch had been on that stage, I would have been impressed. But wow that dancing is embarrassing even for the dance community. I admit only thing I liked about the video was the Zedd song. I like their music, but wow dancing to the song was so off beat. That's another nickname I could give it, the Sims 4 Off Beat. Oh the nickname possibilities with this EP I could have a lot of fun with. Eh, I'll just say the nickname I was going to call it last night which I think fits this EP. The Sims 4 Get Laid.

Main problem is: This is not even really a Nightlife EP. This EP has no real theme. It's just some stuff smashed together for the sake of making an expansion pack. It lacks depth and is very inconsistent.

That world looks nice, but Graham confirmed a while ago on twitter that that world was a scrapped basegame world! So they just recycled that one because they had it still somewhere collecting dust. The whole EP does not have a consistent theme. :/
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »

phaz4AZ.gif?1

MY EYES! My eyes!

--T
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

--T

Main problem is: This is not even really a Nightlife EP. This EP has no real theme. It's just some stuff smashed together for the sake of making an expansion pack. It lacks depth and is very inconsistent.

That world looks nice, but Graham confirmed a while ago on twitter that that world was a scrapped basegame world! So they just recycled that one because they had it still somewhere collecting dust. The whole EP does not have a consistent theme. :/

There are some old pictures of the town here.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13951164#Comment_13951164

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Yeah, I was very confused by the theme of it too and yes it felt smashed together. Oh so like Newcrest? I did hear it was from the Olympus project, the world. I guess they are bringing the MMO back into the game. Huh guess that's the way they'll make worlds now, lame. It really doesn't.
  • Options
    Same, I bought the base game, lousy digital deluxe upgrade, and nothing else. I'm going to be sticking around, if only to spit on the juice bag bro trash they want to make.

I have a feeling EA wants to kill Maxis off so they can go 100% mobile with the Maxis IPs. That's why they installed the RPG-heads and mobile-heads, so they can (correctly) claim that the decisions are all Maxis and not EA, as they run the studio into the toilet. EA knows darn well that they can't pull the plug until then.

The entire reason people put up with corporations is because corporations make things people need or want. Right now, EA products under their Maxis label are not meeting the needs of the market. They have no right to act like they're better.
    I have a feeling they are trying to push people into mobile industry only too. Like it is their intention to make the lamest Sims 4 game, so more players will start playing the Sims Freeplay. That's nice you will be sticking around. If anything we can all laugh at each new party update together.
  • Options
    Do we know if there is a supernatural in this EP?
    Or is that another tradition they've cut?

--T
  • Options
    Have you guys read some of the you tube comments? I'm just posting the nicer ones.

This defines cringe.

I felt embarrassed and I had nothing to do with this, I just sat there in front of my screen embarrassed for this...

imagine sitting there, i'd porbably die from the amount of cringe

I have never wanted a meteor to land on EA so much.

Wait... was that it? Did they even present anything? I mean, aside from the cringe that is.

So, can i unsee this?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

--T

There is supposed to be some new information Friday.

• Options
    Pheebs, I lol' your post - am rolling up at those comments.

It's obviously becoming harder to deny that this game is broken. I'm glad others are starting to see the light, maybe now we'll get some competition.

--T
  • Options

It's obviously becoming harder to deny that this game is broken. I'm glad others are starting to see the light, maybe now we'll get some competition.

--T

You should take a look at the ones I couldn't post here.

• Options
    edited August 2015

--T

There is supposed to be some new information Friday.

Oh okay, thanks. I'm intrigued to see what the Life State is, I can't lie. Those were the one of the things in this game (all of them) that won me over.

--T

ETA: to clarify.
  • Options

--T

You should take a look at the ones I couldn't post here.

I was actually just about to lol, are you able to link the video so I know I'm looking at the right one?

--T
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited August 2015
    For a long time I have given the studio the benefit of the doubt, thinking that they are somehow having to listen to what ea wants them to do. Maybe that's true, idk. I don't care anymore. We are being just outright ignored, even by developers who've worked on this game since sims 1 and sims 2. We love this game more than any of the people working on sims now. That's a problem. Ugh. I hate this. I'm mad and hurt. :'(

Edit: when I say "this game" I mean sims as a whole
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,612 Member
    OMG.gif

Yeah, I'm late to the 'party' but I just watched that Gamescom video on simsvip... then I turned up here to 274 new posts lol...

Can they even be serious? I just sat and cringed through that entire video, I was looking over my shoulder to make sure nobody saw me watching it I was that embarrassed. And... 'Get Together'...? What the hell is that? I have never been so underwhelmed in my entire life.

All I can say is... bye, EA! So long and thanks for all the crap.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Well - as depressing as today has been, I have managed some laughs (anybody seen the haters are the minority thread!? Check it out for shyts and giggles) so there is a bright side I guess.

It's soooo sad to see you all quitting. I think, for me, the moment this place gives up - that's it. It's over.

--T

yep, I gave up early on that one when I realized he was about 12 and just playing games and not wanting a real conversation.

:::hugs to @elanorbreton::: sorry, you did not just have a nightmare....its real.
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited August 2015
    Just watched the presentation... I wanna know, who on earth even dances like that? That was just a bunch of people in tacky clothing with their hands in the air jumping around like moronss lol
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I went to bed lastnight about 30 minutes before the show should of started. I am so glad that I did. I woke up around 8:30 this morning and I saw this thread had so many posts.and just like I assumed.. lol its beyond me how a company can be so disrespectful to a portion of their customers.

But there is some good news in this- Over in this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/848046/new-ep-get-together-updated#latest People are actually starting to realize a small margin of how we have been feeling for a year. its not even about family play at this point but the lack luckster of the EP's. Granted there are some that is excited about it, and if they are - then I am happy for them.
    oxv0Rm8.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top