Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @ApparentlyAwesome thank you :)

@rudy8292 great post.

Sigh. They really do know how to kick us when we are down :(

they just don't care

to distance oneself emotionally is the better option in an abusive relationship :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    @ApparentlyAwesome thank you :)

@rudy8292 great post.

Sigh. They really do know how to kick us when we are down :(

They'll make up for it with some new Star Wars costumes and everything will be okay! :lol:
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I went through the trailer again. And it literally has NO real new gameplay aside from some objects with their own interactions.

In game:
    - Violin
    - Reading
    - Eating and drinking
    - Bars
    - Flirting
    - Cellphones
    - Swimming
    - Dancing
    - Woohoo

So what's really new when it comes to gameplay again?

Maybe the cheerleaders should take a closer look at the trailer to see that there is almost no new gameplay involved in this expansion pack.
  • Options
    WylseyWylsey Posts: 383 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I went through the trailer again. And it literally has NO real new gameplay aside from some objects with their own interactions.

In game:
    - Violin
    - Reading
    - Eating and drinking
    - Bars
    - Flirting
    - Cellphones
    - Swimming
    - Dancing
    - Woohoo

So what's really new when it comes to gameplay again?

Maybe the cheerleaders should take a closer look at the trailer to see that there is almost no new gameplay involved in this expansion pack.

This explains what is inside the game, Not much to be fair. It's like a stuff pack that costs a lot more than usual. simsvip.com/2015/08/05/the-sims-4-get-together-features-box-art-render-logo/
    Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    The random use of the tagline: ''You Rule'' is a massive SLAP in face of a lot of people. How can you even stand there on stage saying this without feeling completely embarrassed ?

Yeh, enough with the "You rule" tagline. It is embarrassing.
    But we all know by now that feeling embarrassed can have fatal consequences..

bad joke, sorry, but I couldn't resist :tongue:
  • Options
    The random use of the tagline: ''You Rule'' is a massive SLAP in face of a lot of people. How can you even stand there on stage saying this without feeling completely embarrassed ?

Yeh, enough with the "You rule" tagline. It is embarrassing.
    But we all know by now that feeling embarrassed can have fatal consequences..

bad joke, sorry, but I couldn't resist :tongue:

Hahaha xD
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @rudy8292 you know the 'new' is getting away with selling less for much more....
  • Options
    Can someone link me to the announcement video please? I lost my link
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Can someone link me to the announcement video please? I lost my link

@sparkfairy1

http://youtu.be/uRr0TVHjKc0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEFiINtymu4
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Oh great, they did it. I just opened up my game to take pics for another episode of my story and i was so bored and dissapointed again.
    It feels like my positive feelings have ben sucked out of me, seems like sparks is wrong and i did play with potential up until now but it's somehow gone....
  • Options
    marcellala wrote: »
    Oh great, they did it. I just opened up my game to take pics for another episode of my story and i was so bored and dissapointed again.
    It feels like my positive feelings have ben sucked out of me, seems like sparks is wrong and i did play with potential up until now but it's somehow gone....

I'm sorry @marcellala my heart breaks for you :( I guess it's that if you have hope for better you can wait. That's why I bought the base. Buy my heart broke in September so I got there before you. I'm sorry they've made you feel that way :(
  • Options
    Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    Guys I don't know about you but right now I feel impotent about all of this, seriously when will EA LISTEN to us?
    I'ts really sad seeing what this game has become, I can't belive this "expansion" can share that title with real EPs like Night Life or Late Night.

I can't belive I'm saying this but I really wish there could be another option for what we want, maybe studio smart enough can see all this mess and create a new franchise that can do what EA hasn't do all this time since TS4 launch. I'm sorry but when everybody began dancing was one of the most embarrassing moment in the game history.
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    A bit more info here on the new EP for those who haven't seen it.

Thanks!

I really am sorry but NOBODY can deny that this game is not party/bro oriented. Every other word in that article is party. Pump up the party. Party everywhere and anywhere. Building a bonfire? PARRRfrikkenTAAAY!

Pfft. Again, no words for how disgusted I am. Get Together? No thanks, more like Get Lost, EA.

--T

So much so we'll 'party' on stage....

If I went to a party as cringe worthy as that id want to leave. My idea of a party is good music, good food, family and friends. Partying without family behind you is a very lonely existence.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    marcellala wrote: »

I'm sorry @marcellala my heart breaks for you :( I guess it's that if you have hope for better you can wait. That's why I bought the base. Buy my heart broke in September so I got there before you. I'm sorry they've made you feel that way :(

My heart broke in September, but it had gradually healed up until a point where i thought it was going to get better. Now it's the same situation all over again *sigh*.
    And the whole "leave the forum if you're not happy"-sneering starts again...
  • Options
    Ignore it @marcellala I don't intend to let them run me off-that's what they want and we deserve to be represented to show what EA are doing to turn away customers!
  • Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    I'm not leaving the forums because I paid for this plum base game. But I am done with TS4, I can see that Maxis has no intentions of focusing on family play. It's all about the YA party crowd and that doesn't fit into my play style at all. IDK, maybe I am just getting too old for this game. :(
  • Options
    I'm not leaving the forums because I paid for this plum base game. But I am done with TS4, I can see that Maxis has no intentions of focusing on family play. It's all about the YA party crowd and that doesn't fit into my play style at all. IDK, maybe I am just getting too old for this game. :(

You aren't. They are just obsessed with catering to one type of player.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Okay, so I just watched the broadcast on YouTube and am actually cringing.

I does that woman even play TS? I actually felt embarrassed for her.

--T
  • Options
    To7m wrote: »
    Okay, so I just watched the broadcast on YouTube and am actually cringing.

I does that woman even play TS? I actually felt embarrassed for her.

--T

I actually wanted to cry that she's brought the sims to this.
  • Options
    JACK14JACK14 Posts: 159 Member
    I am gutted, and also annoyed with the silence, not even a mention of toddlers, and I'm sure it's probably their most asked question, "when are they returning?" what's the point in being silent when they could just give us a yes or no answer? I'm sick of the surprise element they think is so fun, not announcing things until the day and being so hush, hush about everything, everyone got so excited toddlers would be announced today because EA didn't bother mentioning they wouldn't infact be announced, and now family style players are just left feeling lame and dissapointed. :(
    10qdhxj.png
  • Options
    @Sim_Lucent can you pm me quickly please? Anyone else who wants to please pm me-it seems any time I try to send a new pm they sign me out *rolls eyes*
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top