Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    The cringe factor just keeps growing, doesn't it :pensive: There are a few things in there that I don't hate, but how much bro party can one game take?
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member
    What about "Getting together" as a family why has that not been implemented into this EP...
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    That was awful :( "you rule" is just... excuse me I think I need to make an angry poop.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    WylseyWylsey Posts: 383 Member
    edited August 2015
    AP_Pepper wrote: »
    What about "Getting together" as a family why has that not been implemented into this EP...

Because it seems they are stuck on the bro train... I have a feeling it will soon be derailed...

I keep telling myself that I give up and then they say there is an announcement and stupidly get my hopes up for something family positive. Argh
    Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I liked things like the breakdancing in Sims 2 and it looks like that is coming back, but it's just not enough to compel me to buy. I just don't understand why every pack seems to be the same flavour? Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work were the only ones that appealled to me so far. Although they had their flaws. Everything else is just more food, party, pamper, bro. So boring to me.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    Did you just see the dancing people ? It was embarrassing and so bro, i felt old and i'm in my twenties.
    ETA: At the press conference. Rachel Franklin clapped her hands and people in awful outfits danced on stage.

Don't forget the selfie. *cringe.
    Also, what's that EP about again?

Looks like a bunch of leftover interactions that didn't get finished in time to put in the base game. So now they can stuff them all in an EP and sell it. I couldn't see any particular theme going on, so IDK really.

From what I see, even the world is recycled from Olympus. A year into the game and this is what they came up with for a $40 expansion pack? It's like they're trying really hard to ruin this franchise.

I noticed the recycled world too! :/

• Options
    AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    AP_Pepper wrote: »

I was honestly expecting "Get Together" to include a ton of content for all age groups. I didn't think they'd be crazy enough to design a WHOLE expansion for single, young-adult Sims, given the massive amount of complaints people had over that being one of, of course, many issues in the base game.

But our feedback just falls on deaf ears, it seems. They are really just hurting the franchise themselves even more with their very poor design choices.

Exactly this. They really need to start thinking outside the BOX of 'young adult sims' and feature each life-stage in each expansion/game pack.

If they did what you just suggested above I think It would gone down differently. A whole expansion for just one life-stage well there's going to be a hell of a lot of expansions packs focusing on a single life-stage at a time if they are going to keep going down that road.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited August 2015
    Get Together is exactly what I expected when I saw the picture and the title on the Origin page over an hour before they went on. My first thought was another party pack. A part of me gave it the benefit of a doubt, it could be a family get together or leaning towards something like Generations, and it still could be in some ways. They haven't released all the details for it yet, but from that trailer and the way it's marketed, it's a single friends, hanging out, partying EP.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. I honestly don't mind one way or another since I'm not planning on investing in the Sims 4, but I was hoping for more for you all, the family players of the Sims 4. I was hoping it'd be all about family play and those who got their hopes up on toddlers and other family fun features would get that. I'm sorry that, at least right now, it seems you didn't.

I hope you get it soon and that the game starts to cater more to your styles of play.

ETA: Never mind. I saw the key features. Less and less hope for family play in the EP.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Get Together is exactly what I expected when I saw the picture and the title on the Origin page over an hour before they went on. My first thought was another party pack. A part of me gave it the benefit of a doubt, it could be a family get together or leaning towards something like Generations, and it still could be in some ways. They haven't released all the details for it yet, but from that trailer and the way it's marketed, it's a single friends, hanging out, partying EP.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. I honestly don't mind one way or another since I'm not planning on investing in the Sims 4, but I was hoping for more for you all, the family players of the Sims 4. I was hoping it'd be all about family play and those who got their hopes up on toddlers and other family fun features would get that. I'm sorry that, at least right now, it seems you didn't.

I hope you get it soon and that the game starts to cater more to your styles of play.

Soon™
  • Options
    Swjosdotschka2Swjosdotschka2 Posts: 110 Member

You would think that they would want as many customers as possible. I guess I'm just nieve-they obviously have enough money to turn us away. Weirdest business plan I have ever seen but whatever-it just means we'll have to try to find a company who values custom and profits.

Lets just do this, please! Start petitions, mailings and marketing on youtube... please! I am in!
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    A bit more info here on the new EP for those who haven't seen it.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Grant Rodiek posted the blogpost. This whole idea was yours to get revenge...admit it, Grant!!!!
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    This is no surprise. ....... bros and hos seem to represent the sims now. Everythig I want to say about EP is a bit crude for some ears so better not say......... but if the gurus dont stop this crap they are giving me a rather obvious impression...... if you get what I mean
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    so that's it for TS4 i guess :confused:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited August 2015
    It's like they troll their own fans. What's sad is we try to help them but it appears because of ego they will do anything but cater to anyone who doesn't agree with their 'vision'.

Anyone who wants me can pm me, I'm sure together we can stick together and sort something out.

I have a feeling GT will sell, though. It's really pretty meh, but it will add a lot of interactions and simmers without it will soon feel like they really need it or their game is empty.
    I'm really afraid that happens to me at least. I really don't need this, but the pictures of how "lively" everyone elses game LOOKS with the new addition will make it hard for me to stay away.
    In the end, as long as EA gets my money they don't care if i'm happy or not and i need to constantly remind me of that.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    It's like they troll their own fans. What's sad is we try to help them but it appears because of ego they will do anything but cater to anyone who doesn't agree with their 'vision'.

Anyone who wants me can pm me, I'm sure together we can stick together and sort something out.

I have a feeling GT will sell, though. It's really pretty meh, but it will add a lot of interactions and simmers without it will soon feel like they really need it or their game is empty.
    I'm really afraid that happens to me at least. I really don't need this, but the pictures of how "lively" everyone elses game LOOKS with the new addition will make it gard for me to stay away.
    In tge end, as long as EA gets my money they don't care if i'm happy or not and i need to constently remind me of that.

Just because the cheerleaders will buy every single plum EA releases so they can just keep making more plum after plum and make it more shallow everytime they release something. THAT is the problem of the franchise.

The problem is that EA is getting away with it! And EA KNOWS that. They are exploiting that to make more half (not even half!) baked content because they know the cheerleaders will buy it anyway.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @ApparentlyAwesome thank you :)

@rudy8292 great post.

Sigh. They really do know how to kick us when we are down :(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top