Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Caption Contest - we're up to historic Contest # 30 this week! Come join in!

Comments

• Options
    VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited June 2015
    That house and the level of details is amazing!

:star: Congratulations Winners :star: Good luck to all, especially those Americans who are now planning for their married lives together <3

1. Juan didn't know whether to jump for joy at the proposal or weep over his ruined lawn

2. Greg hoped the rainbow theme would hide that he couldn't remember Dimitri's favourite colour

3. It would have been the most romantic proposal ever! If only the decorators had gone to the right house...

4. Eric had always been known for his subtlety.

5. Skittles: Taste the rainbow, live in the rainbow

6. This was not the best time for John to announce he'd always favoured minimalism
  • Options
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    4. Eric had always been known for his subtlety.
    Nevah! :wink:
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    edited June 2015
    LOL Alphafen You beat me to it.... Skittles Enthusiast's Preposes!!

Ok how about this one...
    Caption Contest # 11

1) What a Wonderful Wonka-vision!.... And We'll Live in Happiness too Like the Ompa Loompa Doom-pidy do!!

^ I mean this This Quote to be related to the Candy Skittles too!! HUGS!!
  • Options
    HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    I think I spelled Preposes wrong LOL So I edited it! :)
  • Options
    CoolBlueJay902CoolBlueJay902 Posts: 491 Member
    A couple of captions for picture no. 11:

When Ben asked Gary to decorates their dream home, he didn't expected him to go crazy with colors.

"I said that we should make our house very colorful, I didn't mean this!"

Kevin wasn't sure about Mikey's sense of house style the moment he saw what their house looks like.
  • Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    edited June 2015
    Contest #11:

1. Kevin was over the rainbow with Earl's proposal! Soooo over the rainbow...

2. "Yes, I'll marry you! But we're having the wedding someplace else!"

3. "Are you asking me to marry you?"

4. "Of course I'll marry you, but simple flowers would have been enough!"

5. Tom suspected that Bruce might be color blind when he asked, "Okay, who's Mary?!"

6. Tim's response: "I never thought you'd ask"!
    Post edited by friday027 on
  • Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    @friday027, thank you for sharing your prize with me! Congratulations @Aaronsims,@jbsquared2000,5W33TH34RT, & @friday027 !

@Cogitotoro, my brain is fried from packing/moving, I have nothing funny, but quite honestly, I just love your picture! I think it's very sweet and touching. :heart: I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to share a picture that shows why I find it so touching.

1e9euw.jpg

This is my dad and his partner of 30 years. They married last August, after my dad finished his last treatments for pancreatic cancer.

Hugs!! :heart: I hope everyone has a great week. :smiley:
  • Options
    5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    edited June 2015
    Congratulations to the other winners and thanks to everyone who participated! Those were some great entries. I really enjoy this contest. Thank you, @Cogitotoro, for your generosity! Can you cross off some of the first items on my wishlist? I want to finally complete Fifth Avenue Fashions while it's on sale.

EDIT: @friday027, you are cracking me up with your entries for #11.
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Contest 11 #1: "I wonder if he's trying to tell you something, Eric."

#2: "The couple's song was, of course, 'The Rainbow Connection'."
  • Options
    PixieKicksPixieKicks Posts: 90 Member
    Caption for #11

Upon hearing the great countrywide news, John wanted to make his feelings for Tim very clear.
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    scillakees wrote: »
    @Cogitotoro The whole lot looks awesome are you going to upload it to the exchange? That had to have taken a lot of time to get those pets in rainbow suits. I love the amount of work you put into creating these pictures.

Thanks so much, and thanks @AlphaFen for the compliments too! It's just a recolor of a house from Appaloosa Plains - and some landscaping, of course - so the house wouldn't be appropriate for the exchange, but if you have Pets you can get that lot there. The family is just for show, as always - they don't have any other outfits, chosen traits, or anything like that. In fact, I took the guy who was living in that house and remade him in CAS, moved in the boyfriend, and kicked out his pregnant wife. "So long, honey, I'm a gay young blond guy proposing marriage to a stranger now!" I had to cringe when it even said "All of her belongings have been moved into his inventory." The things I do for this contest.
    gnlovew wrote: »
    @Cogitotoro, my brain is fried from packing/moving, I have nothing funny, but quite honestly, I just love your picture! I think it's very sweet and touching. :heart: I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to share a picture that shows why I find it so touching.

This is my dad and his partner of 30 years. They married last August, after my dad finished his last treatments for pancreatic cancer.

Hugs!! :heart: I hope everyone has a great week. :smiley:

I'm so glad my screenshot had meaning for you! This cause is near and dear to my heart too, so I'm glad I'm not the only one. Great wedding pic, and I'm so glad for you that your Dad has been able to both beat pancreatic cancer and marry - two things that probably seemed very unlikely when he was young!
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    Caption Contest 11

Caption 1: Drunken Left handed

Caption 2: Color Blind?

Caption 3: what is my wife going to think of this?

Caption 4: I am married to my job

Caption 5: Not up to building code

Caption 6: Poor Dogs.... ....

Caption 7: I am merry already.

Caption 8: Trust him he said. What about this mess?
  • Options
    Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    edited June 2015
    Caption #11 Contest:

1. If it was more obvious it would be a snake and bite him on the foot.

2.Do you really want me to spell it out...again?

3.Can you stop and smell the flowers please, honey?

4. Just then, he realized that he could not read flowery words.

#4 is my favorite one because of the play on the words..lol.

5.Then he heard a voice from above that said..oh yes..oh no, it is those people from the hot air balloon.

6. The man refused to marry his flowers for obvious reasons.

7. The dog and cat seem to have ventured to my little pony land.

8. ..but then he realized his timing was all wrong, and asked the wrong person to marry him.

9. Honey, did you let that magical pony decorate our house again?

BTW, i did not realize it was 2 men. The picture needs to clarify this. I did not understand until i read other people's posts. I had to go back and change all my captions because of this fact.

Let me add one more:

10. "Great. I had to live with another who doesn't know what it is to be color coded correctly. Now i have to get a spray tan in rainbow."
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • Options
    AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    Oh Yay! Thank you so much! Congrats to the other winners as well! I guess I'll let you distribute my points as you see fit.

I love your marriage equality tribute. It reminds me of the house across from the Westboro Baptist Church:
    1500_center.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
  • Options
    VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    Dimon6579 wrote: »
    6. The man refused to marry his flowers for obvious reasons.
    That one is funny :D
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    A rainbow without the rain every day of our lives together!
  • Options
    CoolBlueJay902CoolBlueJay902 Posts: 491 Member
    I got a new caption for no. 11!

"So, what do you think of the house's new look, Sammy?" "I don't know what to say about this, Larry..."
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,363 Member
    Congrats to all the winners!
  • Options
    2012Sim032012Sim03 Posts: 330 Member
    Congratulations to the winners! The recent ruling is very joyful news! Got three for Caption 11!

♪ Because I'm tacky... ♪

Woooooooooo! Double rainbow all the way!

This is what happens when you keep on dodging the 'favourite colour' question.

• Options
    Caption for 11: "Maybe now the ISS commander will get the hint."
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    Aaronsims wrote: »
    Oh Yay! Thank you so much! Congrats to the other winners as well! I guess I'll let you distribute my points as you see fit.

I love your marriage equality tribute. It reminds me of the house across from the Westboro Baptist Church:
    1500_center.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

@Aaronsims - That is precious! :)
  • Options
    jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hi everyone! Well, a big thumbs down to both my internet, which has been up and (mostly) down all week, and to the forums which have been over capacity a lot this week, and a HUGE apology to @Cogitotoro for not responding to what I would like to do with the points from winning second place, sooner. If you would, please split my 500 points between @RaeNic and @NESChic. I would be very grateful. I hope everyone has a great week! :smiley:

By the way, I also wanted to say how nice it is to see so many new people participating in this game! This is one of my favorite threads to drop in on, when I need a good laugh, so keep the creative and hilarious comments coming!
    Post edited by jbsquared2000 on
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    Sunday roundup! (Belated Happy Independence Day to all the American Simmers, by the way!)

First and foremost, to the winners.

The voters have spoken, and the winner of Sims Caption Contest # 10 (for 1,000 SPs) is:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Maybe giving the twins a machine of ultimate power for their birthday was not John's smartest move...
    by @AlphaFen

The Second Place Winner (for 500 SPs) is:
    Sophie really wished she didn't have to go to such lengths in order for Bob to spend time with their children.

also by @AlphaFen

The Third Place Winner (for 500 SPs) is:
    "Mom thought we used this thing to make Dad wear socks with his sandals, but he picked them out all by himself!"

by @jbsquared2000

And this week, just to have a third person in the group, let's do a Fourth Place Winner (for 250 SPs):
    The REAL reason why Mr. Johnson looks like a fashion disaster.

by @CoolBlueJay902

Congratulations to all the winners, and let me know what you'd like me to do with your winnings! I'm currently behind on my gifting - sorry - but I'll do a big gifting binge and distribute all these lovely SimPoints.

Second, new entries are now CLOSED for Caption Contest # 11 ("the marriage equality one"). Thanks for all the great entries! The finalists have been chosen, and voting is now available here through next Saturday, 7/11. Please take the time to vote for your favorites!

Last, here's the new screenshot for captioning! For Caption Contest # 12, submit your captions for this screenshot through next Saturday, 7/11:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    contest 12

Caption 1
    When I hired to men to model I expected they would be in their undergarments

Caption 2
    The new she bot looks so much like my sister that the professor proposed to her.

Caption 3
    Bid is up to 1000 simpoints and the gentleman in the jacket keeps rising the bid. Those cancer children are going to have a great Christmas this year.

caption 4
    Modigraw is not until 3 months from now

caption 5
    put your right hand up and shake it all about

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top