Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Slyvanas that happened to me too! It was her first baby too and she had four! Then her sister already had three children and she went for 'one more baby' and had another 3!

It was a challenge but I loved it :)
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    When will Gamescom be happening? Anyone have the date

I'm going to be there at the 9th of August. Tickets are already sold out for many days as always, eventhough no one expects too much this year... i'm eager to hear what TS4 will show us there!
  • Options
    marcellala wrote: »

I'm going to be there at the 9th of August. Tickets are already sold out for many days as always, eventhough no one expects too much this year... i'm eager to hear what TS4 will show us there!

Ooh can you be our official news person @marcellala ? :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015

I can try, but since i'm there at the last day , all news will be out by than i suppose.

ETA: It's my boyfriend's fault. He wanted to get the tickets this year and i asked him several weeks ago if he bought them and he said "yeah, yeah..." and yesterday i wanted to see them and he was like "oh, shoot. I forgot!!!" and i had to get tickets for sunday. I hate to be there on Sundays!!!
  • Options

I can try, but since i'm there at the last day , all news will be out by than i suppose.

It's still good to have someone actually there to tell us what they thought :)

• Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,056 Member
    @sparkfairy1 @marcellala Ugh, I would LOVE a huge Sims 4 announcement when Gamescom happens :love: but the announcement would be about family play features ;) I think we need some answers about family play concerns before we will get the second expansion pack - unless it's a Family Life EP :)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @firefly4477 Love the last sentence. "They can take away the game I love, but they can't take away the love of the game."

@slyvanas Big brother is a cutie. I love having big families. It takes a bit more to do but the challenge is fun.

Well if we don't hear anything good from EA at Gamescon regarding toddlers, family play and all the other fixes that are needed, perhaps we will hear something from another company about a life simulator. My hopes are split between the two.
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @firefly4477 Love the last sentence. "They can take away the game I love, but they can't take away the love of the game."

@slyvanas Big brother is a cutie. I love having big families. It takes a bit more to do but the challenge is fun.

Well if we don't hear anything good from EA at Gamescon regarding toddlers, family play and all the other fixes that are needed, perhaps we will hear something from another company about a life simulator. My hopes are split between the two.

Me too. At this I don't care as long as someone gives us what we want.

EA benefits from having the history if they bothered to go back and learn about the previous games mechanics and why they were so successful. I just don't know if they've got the passion any more :(
  • Options
    mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    I downloaded the Sims Medieval today just to give me some variety while we wait for good news. Someone also suggested Cities; Skylines. Is that any good?
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited June 2015
    Bioware learned recently to listen to their fan base. And they are part of the EA fold. They had one of the top selling games of 2014. Hopefully, Sim Studios will learn.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    mwyatt139 wrote: »
    I downloaded the Sims Medieval today just to give me some variety while we wait for good news. Someone also suggested Cities; Skylines. Is that any good?

Cities:Skylines is a wonderful game with engaged devs and a ton of free content, both from the devs and cc. If you ever played SimCity, or are just curious, you certainly can't beat it for the price. I highly recommend it.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,606 Member
    Yeah, Cities Skylines is cool if you like city building games. I bought it, though I have only played 28 hrs so far. It is certainly no substitute for a good sims game :( I actually prefer playing Banished to Cities Skylines, it seems more 'in there' amongst the population (it's a medieval type of 'city' building game).
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Thanks Everyone for wishing me luck hahahah. I think my poor sims will need it more than I will. Calleigh is in the business career - She is a CEO but her job performance is always slacking cause she can never find enough time to hold meetings like she should and that was with just one child and two pets XD.
    @ULIBABA66 There are mods that you can instal that gives you're infant's hair - and clothing and even a non default skintone. Just do a google search for sims 3 infant clothing. Here is the hair mod I used http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2013/10/little-wisps-hair-for-babies-by.html that creator also have a lot of the infant clothing I was referring to as well.
    @sparkfairy1 I definitely agree that It will be a challenge! I just never thought that one percent on the woohooer would work haha.

@marcellala I think that is fantastic that you are going to Gamescom. Even if EA dissapoints us with their news I hope you and you're boyfriend have a blast. I've always wanted to go to Blizzcon So hopefully one of these days I get to experience that as well

@Tremayne4260 I really like the things Bioware is doing and I have to agree they are listening.. I'm not sure if you're big on star wars but Star Wars the old republic is coming out with a new expansion - and even though Bioware isn't the only company who is behind that game - It seems like even with that game they listened to the fan base on what people wanted.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Slyvanas I go almost every year, i live in a city near to it and it's cheaper for me as a student. I'm really happy a german event is that big! Hopefully it will be something cool, but i can't picture them showing of toddlers, i believe it's a new EP or the console version. The later would not interest me, to be honest.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    @Slyvanas I go almost every year, i live in a city next to it and it's cheaper for me as a student. I'm really happy a german event is that big! Hopefully it will be something cool, but i can't picture them showing of toddlers, i belueve it's a new EP or the console version. The later would not interest me, to be honest.

There is also the scenario where it might not be sims related at all. I sometimes get the impression that when EA head out to these events.. they feel almost embarrassed bringing the sims 4 to the table going against all of the other big companies and their amazing games they are there talking about as well. But who knows, I guess we shall have to wait ant see :) I won't get my hopes up though.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Slyvanas I go almost every year, i live in a city next to it and it's cheaper for me as a student. I'm really happy a german event is that big! Hopefully it will be something cool, but i can't picture them showing of toddlers, i belueve it's a new EP or the console version. The later would not interest me, to be honest.

There is also the scenario where it might not be sims related at all. I sometimes get the impression that when EA head out to these events.. they feel almost embarrassed bringing the sims 4 to the table going against all of the other big companies and their amazing games they are there talking about as well. But who knows, I guess we shall have to wait ant see :) I won't get my hopes up though.

The Sims 4 team has already confirmed they will be there.
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Yeah, Cities Skylines is cool if you like city building games. I bought it, though I have only played 28 hrs so far. It is certainly no substitute for a good sims game :( I actually prefer playing Banished to Cities Skylines, it seems more 'in there' amongst the population (it's a medieval type of 'city' building game).
    Ooh, I love Banished! I was recently gifted it by a simming friend through GOG, and he had gotten it for 75% off on their summer sale. The weekend after I got it I played it for like 16 hours straight! xD Haven’t had a marathon like that for a long time, and I ended up dreaming of various map seeds and different build set-ups to try, lol. It’s definitely fun if you like city builders, which I do, although I personally prefer the life simulation aspects of the various The Sims games.

I think I would probably also like Cities: Skylines based on what I’ve seen so far, but I haven’t tried it because I still don’t have a Steam account... :o

• Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    I just had the most wonderful thought. What if the Gurus threw us a baby shower?
    A month before they release our little tots in the game, they patch in non baby object cribs, bassinets, highchairs, playpen, changing tables, bouncy seats, etc. There's even a throw baby shower interaction added! That way players can start decorating and designing and creators can use their mad magic skills to make it even more amazing for when they arrive.

*comes back to reality* Yes, I know all the reasons why this can't and won't happen. But one can always hope.

They can take away the game I love, but they can't take away the love of the game.

Yes, Yes, and Yes. Love the idea. But only if they also patch babies to not be objects just before. Or have the babies fixed with the EP. Just go baby crazy with it. :)
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Remember the playtest last month (I forgot the exact date)? Think Gamescom has something to do with that?
  • Options

I love banished as well. Too bad its devs aren't working on a 2nd one. :(
  • Options
    Yall should check out Don't Starve & Don't Starve Together.

But to stay on topic. Yes missing toddlers. Might really buy the game if they do a baby shower type thing/announcement.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @Slyvanas I'm not a big fan of the "spinoffs" from the original 1977 movie. But I do play Dragon Age on the PS4.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Woooo Page 711!

tumblr_nff47vo9Pp1rfduvxo1_250.gif

Anyway, trying to catch up.
    Finally got my lap top back & I'm able to resume playing with my TS2 Sims <3
    Hope you all are enjoying your Saturday.

Happy Simming!
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I've been without the internet for almost 3 days. :s Man, when you're as addicted as I am...... but caught up with you all!! B) Love reading all the posts I'd missed. Hope dwindles, but I'm holding on. /sigh

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Phew.. its like nearly 4 a.m. here in the Netherlands, but I read all the new replies. It's amazing to see the massive support fot more family play.

You know... I have a bad, bad feeling about gamescom and the next EP. I seriously am almost 100 percent sure that it will be like Nightlife. Ugh.
    Got this feeling for a long time, still have it now. I really hope for toddlers or a generations EP. (Lets not forget about pre teens), but ugh... After the endless wall of silence, my hope is basically gone.

Whats left is frustration at best.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top