Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    Hey everyone! I've been playing TS3 and loving it. :)

Here's a shot of one of my Sim's kids dumping water on their annoying neighbor. >:)
    Screenshot-66_zps9fn1daoc.jpg
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Hey everyone! I've been playing TS3 and loving it. :)

Here's a shot of one of my Sim's kids dumping water on their annoying neighbor. >:)
    Screenshot-66_zps9fn1daoc.jpg

Nice pic. I think that water kind of looks like fire :D
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I uploaded a photo of my child sim to tinypic and whenever i used the link of it THIS was shown.

30wxh1j.jpg

instead of this:
    35jmtjr.jpg

Has that ever happened to some of you with that side? And please don't tell me that these are both the same imaged and that i'm going crazy :D
  • Options
    I am not able to see any of the pictures from tinypic on this forum. I only get the broken link box.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    @bekkasan Thank you yeah haha she is looking like "why are you crying?"
    @CharityHope I hardly buy the tree house for my sims but that picture has made me want to do it now! and for some reason Tinypic never really seems to show forthis fourm. I use Imgur.
    @K4le8 There is a lot of us that hopes it doesn't close. However you can definitely unsubscribe to if you wish :)
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    K4le8 wrote: »
    I wish this thread was closed <3

? Is this thread hurting you in some way?
    Did it do something to offend you?
    Why would you wish for the thread to be closed? It is filled of Family fun in all of the versions of The Sims. Even though TS4 doesn't have toddlers, there have been some nice picture of babies and children shared along with lots of toddler love from the earlier Sims 2 & 3. This thread is the home to many simmers who feel left out in the cold. A place where they can get together and share their love for family gameplay with all life stages.
    If you are not one of these people then this thread isn't for you.
    I hope you find a thread you can call home and be happy with! Happy Simming! :)
  • Options

Then I have the perfect solution for you! Don't click on the thread, don't read the thread, and don't post in the thread. Problem solved. See wasn't that easy!! :p
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    Lets just say I am not a fan of Censorship. Which some here seem to be fond of.
    I'm probably going to regret this, but why do you think various members of this thread are fans of censorship or want to censor your views?

Personally I've found most people in here to be quite mature / reasonable as long as you treat them with the same respect. That's how they got to 712 pages without setting fire to the place.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited June 2015
    There is absolutely no reason for this thread to be closed. I don't like making accusations but that post could just be here to cause trouble, might be best to ignore him/her.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    might be best to ignore him/her.
    To put a spin on an old cliche: Ignoring is bliss
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    [
    Here you go, @scobre;

LittlePerson3_zps8578b289.jpg

LittlePerson2_zps61277c13.jpg

Obviously the teen sim was glitched but I thought it was hilarious. :D
    LOL Thank you for that. Yeah I remember the Sims 2 and 3 had mods and cheats for changing the height which was cool. The Sims 3 even had a mod with actual aging progression. I am not sure if technology is there for Maxis to allow both those things in the Sims 4, but it is something I would love to see happen in the Sims 5.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2015
    Just ignore off topic responses.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    Has anyone tried that TS3 aging progression mod? I've been thinking about getting it, but I wonder if it would significantly slow my game down.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    trollnexus wrote: »
    Has anyone tried that TS3 aging progression mod? I've been thinking about getting it, but I wonder if it would significantly slow my game down.
    I haven't even heard of that one...

Happy Monday to all!
    Barry and his lads are really feeling at home in the future... the nice futuristic people also gave them some new clothes:
    Screenshot-3_1.jpg

And it looks like Barry may have found true love:
    Screenshot-14_1.jpg

They don't really want to go back home to their sad, shabby little shack!
  • Options
    Yippee! Yay for first kisses ^____^

Will he take her home with him?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    Yippee! Yay for first kisses ^____^

Will he take her home with him?
    I hope so, I guess I will have to wait and see... :)
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited June 2015
    marcellala wrote: »
    @HappySimmer3 Nothing can look as creepy as this
    atm73q.png
    Another example for why we need toddlers!

Ahmagaaaad! Wut happened!?!? Gurrl!?!? Hold up!!! Hold on!! Honey child, her vajeeen is glowin! Wut da hail!?!?

On another note; I don't think this thread should be closed, but I don't think this thread should be hogged by people who post pictures from TS3. Y'all can make your own threads! We need the overlords to see our pain and suffering and not drowned in pictures that makes it seem like everybody here is ok. We want the overlords to know that we are not ok. Ok?

WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I like the pictures posted here as we keep up with each others families. I miss the old Exchange from the Sims 2 BBS and the wonderful stories/legacies from there.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited June 2015
    I think showing a lot of pics from previous versions shows the devs what we want from them.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @marcellala Exactly!
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    In any thread, it should honestly be up to OP as to what should be allowed to be posted in it. (It is also up to site moderators to close a thread if it breaks any rules, but I don't think that's an issue right now.)

If @sparkfairy1 is happy with what is being posted, then I don't see why it needs to change. And if anyone has any issues with her or anyone else in this thread, I'm sure they'd appreciate it if these issues were brought up in a PM.
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    In any thread, it should honestly be up to OP as to what should be allowed to be posted in it. (It is also up to site moderators to close a thread if it breaks any rules, but I don't think that's an issue right now.)
    Agreed. And in sparkfairy1’s OP she did state:
    Feel free to show us what you love about family play in previous sims games, a little story, a screenshot of a family you've loved to play with etc :-)
    The purpose of this is to share with one another and the gurus screenshots related to toddlers, babies and general family play that we love from past games, as well as any family play features that we currently enjoy about TS4 or would like to see returned/improved upon. Screenshots showcasing family play from any game in The Sims series have always been welcome. :)
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited June 2015

How selfish. This is a rare thread where there is no flaming or arguing, if the points we make bother you, don't click. Okay, I'll say no more.
  • Options
    MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    Hello everyone!

I haven't posted in here in a long time (although I've been reading here and there). I worked very hard and I got enough simpoints from ads to finally buy the entire TS3 store! It took awhile, but it was worth it! Now I've been playing in Beach City by the wonderful RFlong7 and I love it! I created families from my favorite Disney and Marvel characters, and it's so cool to see who ends up married (Charlotte La Bouf from The Princess and the Frog and Thor, for example!) and who was the first to have kids! Not a big surprise, but Ariel and Prince Eric were the first to have a baby! This is their daughter, Ariane:

Screenshot-47_zpsompzohrl.jpg

And this is Ariane with her mom, Ariel. She definitely takes after her!

Screenshot-50_zpszzojkgdq.jpg

I'm having so much fun still in TS3! While it still bothers me that I wasted $80 on buying TS4, it's not worth my stress anymore. I'm happy with what I have, and while I want there to be significant improvements made in TS4, I seriously doubt that that will ever happen. The more time passes, the more I see that possibility slipping away. It's to the point where when I think about TS4, I'm not mad anymore, just disappointed and most of all, sad. I don't like being sad, and TS3 makes me happy, so that's where I'll be spending my time and energy now. :)
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    I think, given that the majority of the pictures shown in this thread regarding family play are based on Sims 2 and 3, it speaks volumes to how little the players in this thread feel their play style is being considered in TS4.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top