Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    GuruFanNo1 wrote: »
    Can one of the judges please let me know how much I must take of my budget before re-submitting?

Your house needs to be $83 000 or less uploaded to the gallery. :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Modern Barn House is very nice! @Emma-LeeXOXO :) The red colour and the stone texture of the exteriors looks very nice! It is great that you have a pond in the build. Sims will enjoy fishing in the pond, or enjoy sitting around the campfire toasting food and chatting. They will have fun playing horseshoes. Nice outdoors sitting area near the pond for sims to enjoy sitting at the table having a chat. The lamp is a nice touch on top of the table. Nice pool area for sims to have fun swimming. Very nice design of the kitchen! The type of and the placement of the kitchen cabinets and counters looks very nice! The red colour of the walls gives a nice look to the room. Nice bar stool counter. Sims will enjoy sitting at the dining table there eating meals that they have freshly cooked, and enjoying the sunshine coming in through the nearby windows. The mugs set and utensils are nice kitchen touches in the room. The grey wall tiling in the bathroom looks nice, and the hanging robe on the wall looks homely.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    edited June 2015
    I am a little confused. Under the Brief on page 1 it says that the build may not exceed 83.000 but 35.000 + 50.000 is 85.000, so which is it? :smile:

And also on another note, the cheats bb.showhiddenobjects and buydebug no longer works for me. Does it work for you guys?
    Never mind with the cheats. I somehow made them work again. I must have typed it wrong or something :smile:
    But my question about the build still stands.
    Post edited by Skyfri_Himmel on
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    I am a little confused. Under the Brief on page 1 it says that the build may not exceed 83.000 but 35.000 + 50.000 is 85.000, so which is it? :smile:

And also on another note, the cheats bb.showhiddenobjects and buydebug no longer works for me. Does it work for you guys?
    Never mind with the cheats. I somehow made them work again. I must have typed it wrong or something :smile:
    But my question about the build still stands.

You havent accounted for the cost of the lot. The lot cost 1,500 so the build once uploaded to the gallery does not include the price of the lot therefore when uploading on the gallery make sure its under 83,000.
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Actually it so happens that my build's value is at excactly 83.000 :smiley:

Under Renovation: Challenge 2
    Forum ID: Skyfri_Himmel
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C510C9EB154F11E584AD44A4A4CA829B?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=kaffepigen&max=25
    Street name of build: Daskie Road 723
    Cheats used:
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 83.000
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes, please :smile:

18.06.2015_02.17_zpsz1swlsyi.png

18.06.2015_02.18_zpsp9figbej.png

18.06.2015_02.22_zpsmjv68r9w.png
    Post edited by Skyfri_Himmel on

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^

• Options
    Daskie Road 723 is very nice! @Skyfri_Himmel :) The brick texture of the exterior looks nice, and it looks very nice how you have done the front winding pathway. The placement of the trees in the build looks nice. It is great that you have a pond in the build. Sims will enjoy fishing at their home. The type of fencing that you have used looks nice. Very nice master bedroom! The furnishing of the room is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the circular floor rugs under the bed. The wood wall tiling gives a nice calming look to the bedroom for sleeping. The clothes and shoes closet nook is very nice! Nice study desk corner for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk using the computer or reading a book. Sims will like checking their appearance in the full length mirror in their bedroom. The pink lamp look pretty on the bedside tables. Very nice living room! It looks nice how you have created the curved sofa seating. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there, having a chat and the fireplace will keep the room warm. The pig is cute on the fireplace ledge!
    The build is very nice :)
  • Options
    @Skyfri_Himmel, $83 000 is correct :)
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    Hi everyone :) Zita just posted a link to this challenge on my wall and it sounds like so much fun! There is no way I can make Challenge 2's deadline but I will definitely be signing up for Challenge 3! I read through the criteria for challenge 2 and one question I would have is, are the builds to be playable? Meaning, does a sim(s) have to be able to use the objects in the house as they are placed? I've booked marked this thread and thanks for the invite :D
  • Options
    Hi everyone :) Zita just posted a link to this challenge on my wall and it sounds like so much fun! There is no way I can make Challenge 2's deadline but I will definitely be signing up for Challenge 3! I read through the criteria for challenge 2 and one question I would have is, are the builds to be playable? Meaning, does a sim(s) have to be able to use the objects in the house as they are placed? I've booked marked this thread and thanks for the invite :D

Welcome @BUTTONSGINGER, yes all builds must be fully playable. :)
  • Options
    tounette56tounette56 Posts: 39 Member
    Origin ID:tounette56
    Forum ID: tounette56
    Link to gallery: h ttp://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=tounette56&max=25
    Street name of build: La Petite Maison
    Cheats used: Moo, showhidden objects, Unlockentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $82,212
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure

h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/06-18-15_11-09nbspPM_zpsmkzgfrhe.png
    h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/06-18-15_11-39nbspPM_zps42x5uqxk.png
    h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/c5227e01-8d81-41b7-b69f-f5261a78234f_zpselb6qxtp.png
    mum%20final_zpsuog1fjp8.png
    Visit my gallery at tounette56 to see my renovations and builds
    Check out my most recent builds Windenburg Forest and Rocket Ship
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    tounette56 wrote: »
    Origin ID:tounette56
    Forum ID: tounette56
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=tounette56&max=25
    Street name of build: La Petite Maison
    Cheats used: Moo, showhidden objects, Unlockentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $82,212
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure

06-18-15_11-09nbspPM_zpsmkzgfrhe.png

06-18-15_11-39nbspPM_zps42x5uqxk.png
    c5227e01-8d81-41b7-b69f-f5261a78234f_zpselb6qxtp.png

My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    I hope you all like my entry, It's my first time entering a competition :) Thanks @Pebblycat for re-posting for me!
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited June 2015
    Under Renovation: Challenge

Origin ID: pammiechick
    Forum ID:pammiechick

Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F8DEA80815CF11E581905B853BDCAA65?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=pammiechick&max=25

Street name of build: Flying Horse Dude Ranch

Cheats used: MOO, gameplay unlock, debug

Total cost of renovation after upload: $82,839

Would you like to receive any critique? Sure!

Hank loves horses, so he turned his farm into a dude ranch! He gives rides to families as well as supplements his income by harvesting fruits, veggies, and herbs. He likes the outdoors and his ranch style home! His favorite spot on his ranch is the new hot tub!

Screenshot_5.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Wau they all look so great!

• Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member

Welcome @BUTTONSGINGER, yes all builds must be fully playable. :)
    Good to know! Thanks @Issabella14 :)

All the renovations are so creative and gorgeous! Great job everyone!

• Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    Everyone did an amazing job on this challenge! All of the farms look so great & I love seeing how everyone transforms the shell! So many different takes on it, it's really fun to see how different they all turn out.

My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    i seriously have to stop doing these builds as soon as they are posted! LOL! I am sitting here spinning my wheels waiting for the next challenge lol!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    La Petite Maison is very nice! @tounette56 :) The red colour and the stone texture of the exterior of the home looks very nice. Very nice fenced front areas of the build! The rows of different sized sunflowers looks very nice and sunny! The row of trees looks nice. It is nice that you have a gated entrance to the home. The enlarged horse looks great! The rocks look nice lining the edges of the front pathway in front of the curved roof building. The cattle looks great in the yard! The enlarged water can and flowers feature looks very nice! The enlarged vehicles look great and it is great that you have a plane area in the build as well ! Very nice master bedroom! The brown colour scheme of the room looks nice. The wall pattern is nice, and the curtains complement the wall pattern and colour. The family photos and the scenic picture on the bedhead wall are nice for sims to see when laying in bed. The rose on the dresser is a pretty sight for the sims to enjoy seeing. The floor rug adds a nice look in the room. The living room is very nice! Nice art nook corner for sims to enjoy painting on the easel, and the flowers nearby are pretty for them to see when painting. They will have fun playing chess on the side wall chess table. The grandfather clock is a homely touch in the room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching TV. The lamps are nice touches in the rooms.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    Flying Horse Dude Ranch is very nice! @pammiechick :) The wooden siding of the exterior and the green colour of the roofing looks very nice! The front archway with the horse on it a great entrance to the build! Very nice fenced harvestable garden area. Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants there. The enlarged truck looks great with the crates in the back of it and the horse looks nice in the build. The lavender and plants look very nice how you have enlarged them and placed them along the edges of the front of the home. The sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub, or enjoy sitting at the stool at the bar counter having a drink from the bar in the sunshine. Very nice campfire area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the camp seats or log themed seats around the fire, toasting food, chatting and keeping warm. They will enjoy dining outdoors in the air at the picnic table, under the shade of the tree. It looks very nice how you have done the ground texture through the outdoors. Very nice living room! The lamps look very nice how you have placed them in the fruit crates, and have placed them either sides of the sofa. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there watching TV, with the fireplace keeping the room warm. The cactus is a nice touch in the room. Nice red armchairs fireplace sitting and chatting area. The sunflowers and rooster picture are nice for sims to look at in their home, and suit the type of home well.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thank you @rosemow !!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    i seriously have to stop doing these builds as soon as they are posted! LOL! I am sitting here spinning my wheels waiting for the next challenge lol!

and you gonna love it lol <3
  • Options
    Thank you for your nice comments @rosemow
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Not long until challenge 2 finishes! good luck everyone :)
    super excited for the next challenge :)
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    Hopefully I am no far under budget lol Tweaked a bit after removing some stuff.

Origin ID:GuruFanNo1
    Forum ID:GuruFanNo 1
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4E95AC7D167211E587B94C07D216AC2A
    Street name of build: Blueberry Hill Farm
    Cheats used: moo and bb.ignoregameplay
    Total cost of renovation after upload:Under 82,372.00
    Would you like to receive any critique? Always

Space for 3 Advertising pictures
    rrO4OxL.jpg
    fukrP7l.jpg
    DGCAgnD.jpg
    7Fp1ANW.jpg
  • Options
    Blueberry Farm is very nice! @GuruFanNo1 :) I won't post again because I wrote about it before but just wanted to say that the new version looks very nice too! The harvestable garden area is very nice!