Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Okay one last question I hope, for the two bathroom do they both need to be in the house or can one be in the barn?
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited June 2015
    Under Renovation: Challenge 2

Origin ID: gmcrozier
    Forum ID: gmcrozier

Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A23E396E13CA11E5882E0D2985824A1B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=25

Street name of build: Bar H Ranch

Cheats used: bb.moveobjects and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement

Total cost of renovation after upload: $82,997

Would you like to receive any critique? Yes, please

3 Advertising pictures:
    06-15-15_6-45nbspPM_zpsxenc0jyn.png
    06-15-15_6-46nbspPM_zpsblmj9501.png
    06-15-15_6-48nbspPM_zpspyo5tq3x.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Bar H Ranch is very nice! @gmcrozier :) The red colour of the curved roof building and the stone texture of the main home building looks very nice. The enlarged truck looks great in the build! It looks nice how you have set up the fenced area in the front yard of the build for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants. The trees look nice placed along the front of the build. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets and the wall tiling complements well with the counters and cabinets. The eat in dining area is nice. The blue floor rug under the table adds a nice look to the room. The fruit bowl on the dining table and the pig chef, and utensils on the counters are nice kitchen touches in the room. The kitchen flooring is nice. Very nice living room! It looks nice how you have angled the TV into the wall. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas there, watching TV. The scenic pictures on the wall are restful for sims to look at whilst sitting there, and the flowers on the coffee table look pretty. The angling of the floor rug gives a nice look to the room.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Okay one last question I hope, for the two bathroom do they both need to be in the house or can one be in the barn?

@Emma-LeeXOXO, you may put your bathrooms anywhere, even as an outhouse :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    One more question I think, can we change (color)/add railings and banisters and fences?

@Emma-LeeXOXO, you may change the color or style of existing railings, banisters and fences, but you may not remove them. You may add fencing, banisters and railings to your property. :)
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    @Skyfri_Himmel Thank you so much for your kind words. If you are in build mode there is a picture of a tree. That is where I got the plants that I used outside. Indoor plants are in decorative category. I typically use pools to make ponds then use move objects to put rocks or plants all along the edge of the pool to make it look more natural. However, you can also use bb.hiddenobjects which will unlock so much cool stuff that I just can't even contain my excitement lol. After you type in bb.hiddenobjects you go to build mode and in the little search bar you type debug then search through the items in that category and you will find a real pond that you can place on your land that you can even fish and search for frogs in! :) Hope that helps.

Do you use a cheat to make the plants appear in build mode? I am talking about the plants that sims can also plant. crops might be a better word for it :smile:
    And thank you for your respons. If i search for pond in build mode, will i find the pond you are talking about?
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited June 2015
    Origin ID: wrathofcath
    Forum ID: wrathofcath
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E55403DF13BA11E582E10D2985824A1B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=wrathofcath&max=25
    Street name of build: An Apple A Day
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $82,867
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes

Space for 3 Advertising pictures
    06-15-15_8-16nbspPM-2_zpss4gemnpu.png

06-16-15_7-37nbspAM-4_zpsqhgfoudq.png

06-16-15_7-37nbspAM-2_zpsm7oh2ywx.png

Edit: I just wanted to add that the vegetable and fruit gardens are Hank's main source of income. All the plants are high quality with a lot of perfect ones.
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    @WrathofCath I simply love the exterior of your house :smiley: The pond is a very nice touch :smile:
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options
    An Apple a Day is a very nice home! @WrathofCath :) The textures of the exterior of the buildings look very nice! It is nice that you have a pond in the build. The plants and rocks look very nice around the edges of the pond. Sims will enjoy fishing there. Very nice seat bench sitting area under the tree! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there, enjoying the outdoors air and looking at the nice surroundings, It looks very nice how you have done the stone paving of the footpaths. The crates in the corner of the stairs and on the upper balcony of the curved roofed building are very nice touches there. It looks very nice how you have planted the plants in the harvestable garden there. The garden hose looks homely on the exterior of the building. It looks nice the type of fencing that you have used and the way you have angled the open fencing like a gate looks very welcoming! The flower box window in the front of the home looks pretty! Very nice dining room! The gingham wall pattern looks homely. It looks very nice how you have angled and placed the crockery display cabinets in the corners of the room. The type of dining seats that you have used suits well the type of home. The wall clock and the tea pot on the side table are nice home touches there. The type of ceiling light there looks nice. Very nice living room! It looks very nice how you have placed the sofas there. Sims will enjoy sitting chatting there, watching TV and warming up near the fire. The large yellow flowers picture is a nice sunny sight for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. The lamps look nice how you have placed them on the side tables between the sofas. The floral wall pattern is very nice. The patterned floor rug complements well with the seating and adds to the nice look of the room. The plants are nice touches of nature in the room.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @Skyfri_Himmel Thank you for the very nice comment! :)

@rosemow, Thank you for your lovely review, Rose! :)<3
  • Options
    jafhsdfjafhsdf Posts: 142 Member
    Wow! Everyone is doing an amazing job on this one!
  • Options
    superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    I don't know if I'm going to have time for this.. But your entry are amazing! Good job guys!
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I'm. SO. Intimidated!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know if I'm going to have time for this.. But your entry are amazing! Good job guys!

Hello @superbibi11 :) I will look forward to seeing your entry if you are able to have the time to do it.
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Some interesting takes on Hanks farm, can't wait to dig in2 them lol
  • Options
    GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    I have some time left to get mine on budget, right? Love the budget free idea of challenge3, but still have no idea with the clues given what it could be lol :)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    GuruFanNo1 wrote: »
    I have some time left to get mine on budget, right? Love the budget free idea of challenge3, but still have no idea with the clues given what it could be lol :)

You have two more days--closing is on the 19th. (Thank goodness for me!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @pammiehcick O great thanks, Too much RL happening but two days is manageable lol
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    I'm going to try, but I don't think I will have this challenge done by Friday. My kiddos are out for summer break and have me going here and there for sports activities. Like now LOL.
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    E N T R Y F O R M
    Origin ID: EmmaLeeXOXO_C
    Forum ID: EmmaLeeXOXO
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F9B29CEE150111E58E6D0D2985824A1B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=EmmaLeeXOXO_C&max=25
    Street name of build: Modern Barn House
    Cheats used: MOO, ignoregameplayunlocksentitlements, showhiddenobjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload:82,456
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes

UEnjjHm.png
    eAaikdC.png
    UKHES3q.png

sMggKkh.png

• Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited June 2015
    @Nhicks Its great that you have some extra time to spend with your kiddies over the summer break. My motto: Family first. Have fun with them and the sporing events. We look forward 2 your entry for C3 if you do not make this one lol :)
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thanks for understand @Zita1966z well off to pick up two, then lunch with the most handsome Man alive, my husband, life is good: -) in rl and sims world LOL
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    I just got the time to read through this thread backwards and noticed the note about only submitting one build. There are two of mine for this challenge, so I'd like to ask you to judge the second one, called "Farm House".Do you want me to repost the entry form?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    I just got the time to read through this thread backwards and noticed the note about only submitting one build. There are two of mine for this challenge, so I'd like to ask you to judge the second one, called "Farm House".Do you want me to repost the entry form?

Thanks for pointing that out to us we will do so, no need to re post if you are happy with this entry. :)
  • Options
    Can one of the judges please let me know how much I must take of my budget before re-submitting?