Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    SimmerPT wrote: »

Wow @Rawla quite a lot of progress you made on your challenge! I' so happy you are doing well with this challenge.
    By the way I really like your daughter's name!

Thank you so much. I kept clicking on the name randomizer until that name came up and I thought it was very nice. :)
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2015
    Rawla wrote: »
    SimmerPT wrote: »

Wow @Rawla quite a lot of progress you made on your challenge! I' so happy you are doing well with this challenge.
    By the way I really like your daughter's name!

Thank you so much. I kept clicking on the name randomizer until that name came up and I thought it was very nice. :)

@Rawla - I had to giggle when you said you were just clicking on the name randomizer. I had done that too on my last go around. BTW - NICE challenge sim! If I was playing with Sabrina, and your guy was one of my townies, she would definitely have grabbed him up in a heartbeat! lol ..... Way to go! You're really doing great so far! #thumbsup

Edit - I almost forgot.... Thank you! I like Joe, too. When I had first created him way back in the Sims 3, I wanted to see if could re-create him here in 4. And while he doesn't look exactly like he did in 3, I think this version is way better. And yeah... I was pleasantly surprised too when he got a promotion right away!

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @MsPrissy88 - Thanks so much! I'm really glad you like him. xD

Abel's daughter, Destiny, aged up into a child. She turned out cute I think. I love her eyes.
    06-07-15_10-20nbspPM.png
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @SimmerPT You're so welcome...I just hope u weren't waiting on an answer 2 long heh. Sounds like a plan..I'll get 2 watchin' as soon as I can!

@Rawla Abel has neat eyes & I love his chiseled cheek & jaw bones...I'm not good @ doing faces like that...but I REALLY think he's handsome!
    Awe...good 'ole Liberty Lee =) I think your lot is coming along quite nicely!! That random name generator is MY friend LOL...I use it ALL the time...I just wish there was a random aspiration & traits button yanno!? BTW Destiny is a very pretty young lady. THX sooo much 4 sharing your journey so far & the pics...it's a joy 2 c them =)

@MsPrissy88 I haven't tried recreating anyone or anything from Sims3 or the older versions 4 that matter...maybe I should..I had some cute Sims hee hee
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @Rawla Abel has neat eyes & I love his chiseled cheek & jaw bones...I'm not good @ doing faces like that...but I REALLY think he's handsome!
    Awe...good 'ole Liberty Lee =) I think your lot is coming along quite nicely!! That random name generator is MY friend LOL...I use it ALL the time...I just wish there was a random aspiration & traits button yanno!? BTW Destiny is a very pretty young lady. THX sooo much 4 sharing your journey so far & the pics...it's a joy 2 c them =)

@Vihisha - Thanks so much! I had fun making him. I deleted what I had built so far and re-did the floorplan. The house looks MUCH better now. I wish there was a random aspiration/traits button too. Thanks for the compliment of Destiny's looks. She's rather horrible in school though. She has never done homework once. Naughty girl. lol I'm having a lot of fun. Abel is becoming VERY good at painting and is level 9 now. He's made some masterpieces that has really helped the family funds. Liberty Lee has not gotten a promotion yet. I think its because of her ever constant emotion of discomfort when she goes to work. We'll get there eventually... maybe... I hope. lol

Oh! And Liberty is pregnant with her second child. I thought it would be nice for Destiny to have a little sibling. :)

Here is a look at the home as it looks now. Sorry for the nighttime pics. Current Lot Value: $16,154

06-08-15_12-55nbspAM.png

edit: INSIDE PIC (below) IS RIGHT AFTER CONSTRUCTION. There have been additions in furniture and a few privacy walls in the bathroom since this pic was taken. Sorry

06-08-15_12-58nbspAM.png

Edit 2:

Here is the updated inside pic of Abel's home that he is building and furnishing for his family.

06-08-15_2-08nbspPM.png
  • Options
    I like, Rawla! I'm giving you 1,000 virtual rec's. ha ha :D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
  • Options
    @Rawla What a cute house! I love how u have the living & dining area separated but still connected...nice homey feel 2 it. I like the pic of Liberty in the master bedroom...gotta love that paint from reference option! Adding Focusing decor 2 the house can help your non-controlled Sims b prompted & more likely 2 actually DO homework....trust me...it works! ;)
    Sounds like you'll have a right dandy Drifter family by the end of this house mini-challenge!!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Vihisha - Liberty Lee finally got a promotion and came home with a model spaceship. It has the focused aura and it really does help with homework! I'm glad. Oh and...

I forgot to add in the above post that Liberty Lee had a second baby. It was a girl named Crystal. Crystal is a child now and doing well. Abel Painter maxed his painting skill and is doing very well with selling his paintings. I put up an observatory and a spaceship in their front yard on either side of their walk way. A monkey bars and doll house for the kids is in the back yard. Finally got the lot value up to 30k. Now I just need to keep my heir alive long enough for her to reach her YA age. :smiley:
  • Options
    Woohooo, Rawla!! Way to go #thumbsup
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    There's an office romance a-brewing!

06-08-15_6-17nbspPM_zpsnimekjzh.png

Joe is so smitten with Devon, he's sure that by the time "next weekend" rolls around, he'll have Devon moving in and getting her knocked up. Uhh.... I mean, pregnant. ;)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    Yay Devon. Go get her! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Destiny is a teenager now. One more life stage and I can begin Drifter Challenge 002! I'm excited. I have a few QUESTIONS.

1. I created a detached exercise room for the house. Is this allowed?
    2. Can we enter our non-playable Sims' aspiration rewards and buy them rewards with points they might have gained on their own?
    3. I know I had another question but... I forgot what it was. :p

Edit:

Destiny Painter and her little sister Crystal Painter.

06-08-15_9-10nbspPM.png

06-08-15_9-09nbspPM-3.png
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Game Update!!

Well..... it took a while, but Joe FINALLY got Devon to move in! And guess what?! When he had first met her, she was single. She had even TOLD Joe that! Nuh - uh..... After Joe had asked her to be his girlfriend, I noticed -- in the selections -- that Joe had an option to ask Devon to leave HER spouse!! :o So, all the flirting that they were doing at work, and she was secretly married. Well -- *sigh* -- Joe's persuasion worked. Devon left her spouse and is now solely with Joe. And what did Joe do, you ask??

JOE GOT HER PREGNANT!!! woohooooo ha ha

So! My heir is starting to grow inside its mommy's belly. Will it be a boy or a girl? Stay tuned. ;) (edit: i did snap a pic of Devon taking the pregnancy test and getting the results. i'll post that pic tomorrow after i get home from work.)

And that, everyone is where I have to leave my game for tonight. :)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @Rawla Glad 2 hear you've got that focused stuff going so your kiddos will do homework =) Gratz on house value met....I can't wait 2 c it!! Happy teen years Destiny!! 13 Sim days or so & you're off into House 002!! Wooo!! BTW..both girls r just lovely!
    Answers 2 your questions:
    1. Yes..adding a detached work out room is perfectly fine...MINIMUM requirements is that the house is a 2-bedroom 1-bath place...ANYTHING that u add on top of that is fair game =)
    2. U may not purchase any rewards using your non playable Sims points....only the main Sim...good news is....if u have any points on Destiny @ the start of House 002..u may use them then
    3. :p I'm so forgetful, myself...I had 2 double check that u didn't actually HAVE another question LOL

@MsPrissy88 I LOVE the pic of Devon & Joe....her face is PRICELESS!!! That sneaky Devon tho...tisk tisk....maybe that's standard 4 an "office romance" I'm not sure..haven't messed w/that yet...Hmmm...me thinks I'll need 2 test that out!! Can't wait 2 hear what Joe & Devon r having/had =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    Vihisha wrote: »
    snipped

@MsPrissy88 I LOVE the pic of Devon & Joe....her face is PRICELESS!!! That sneaky Devon tho...tisk tisk....maybe that's standard 4 an "office romance" I'm not sure..haven't messed w/that yet...Hmmm...me thinks I'll need 2 test that out!! Can't wait 2 hear what Joe & Devon r having/had =)

Morning Vih! Just to stop in to give you a piece of now news. "Now" being while in the game and you finally see something (or someone)....

All this time that Joe is flirting and getting to know Devon, *guess* who just happens to show up at work one day? YOU!! I was like -- Really?! Now you decide to show up in my game?! lol :D I still haven't seen LTZ yet. ha ha Go figure.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @Vihisha - A minimum?! Awesome! I want to build a nursery I think. Guess whose pregnant with their third child? Abel received a whim to Try for Baby with Liberty. I figured, what could hurt, can't have pregnancy on the first try three times in a row, right? ...Wrong. lol I'm hoping they have a son this time. No more naughty whims for you Abel. Just stick to your painting. Thanks for answering my questions. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a poor memory. :p

@MsPrissy88 - Office romance huh? Naughty Devon. lol Do you have Vihisha's sim-self in your game? Fun that you saw her Sim at Devon's workplace. Or did I misunderstand?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Here is the home. I put it up on the exchange. Agave Adobe - Download
    00-filled.jpg

01.jpg

EDIT: I have since altered a few items within the home. The structure is still the same though. I put the easel in the front right room along with a nice array of inspiring aura lights. In the livingroom against the back wall (right) I now have a desk with computer. I exchanged the floor lamps in the parent's bedroom with bedside tables and lamps. I removed the child's mirror in the kid's room as it made it look cluttered.

Should I upload the latest version of the home?

Latest inside pic:
    06-09-15_12-25nbspPM.png
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    > @Rawla said:
    > Destiny is a teenager now. One more life stage and I can begin Drifter Challenge 002! I'm excited. I have a few QUESTIONS.
    >
    > 1. I created a detached exercise room for the house. Is this allowed?
    > 2. Can we enter our non-playable Sims' aspiration rewards and buy them rewards with points they might have gained on their own?
    > 3. I know I had another question but... I forgot what it was. :p
    > Edit:
    >
    > Destiny Painter and her little sister Crystal Painter.

@Rawla Aww!!! Destiny is so pretty and Cristal has such a funny face. Glad to see your challenge is well on the way. And congrats on your 3rd child (good luck).

@MsPrissy88 Devon and Joe look so cute together! I also have seen Vi and Zero on my game as well. Actually on my first try of the Drifter I married my founder with Zero! I only realized it was his simself after I came back to the forum. LOL
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @SimmerPT - Thanks so much! Well, the third child arrived. It is another girl. Her name is Sienna. xD How are you coming along in your own challenge?
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    @MsPrissy88 Hee hee I LOVE when people bump into my Simself...that's not the 1st time I've been spotted there @ the Lab...I believe 1 Sim in particular actually used the Freeze Ray on my Simself & then realized it was me =P Got a good laugh outta' that 1!

@Rawla ANYONE who downloads that pre-cleared world we have available will get a copy of myslef, my husband, as well as my 2 original play testers...Lessthanzero & Danish Simmer. I also have all but my husband in my Gallery uploads...just search Vihisha as Origin ID & they will b there =)
    Neat house...I love the round window u added up top. R those "inspiring" lamps in the studio?!
    Did u upload them w/a #DrifterChallenge tag? I'll try looking them up next time I log into that Gallery. Feel free 2 add more versions is u chose 2 upload them as well...share away, my friend!

@SimmerPT That Lessthanzero's simself...I think he's been the spouse 2 a founder in like 3 Let's Plays I think it is now LOL

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Greetings Vihisha! I did not download the empty world. I made one of my own. I will sneak into your Gallery and see if I can't download a Sim or two. xD Sadly, I did not use the #DrifterChallenge tag. :( I used my usual #RawlaCreations. Sorry about that. Yes those are inspiring lights in the painting room. lol I currently have all of the emotion auras disabled but it is fun to have them on to boost his inspired moodlet to Very inspired. Though I'm not sure it makes much difference.

Edit: Here is the link to the house I showed above. Agave Adobe - Download
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    @Rawla I'm actualy doing a Let's Play of this challenge on Youtube (h ttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbCfavR8IDxEg21TqW_rCtw), if you don't find it just look for Simmer Pt.
    I have uploaded 5 episodes so far and I recorded part 6 today, and it is a good one. Probably it will be up tomorrow.

But if you want a "small" story here it is:
    My founder's name is Marnie Stanley and she moved to Agave Abode when she won a TV giveaway. So she started a new life in Oasis Springs.
    She always dreamed of being a professional chef and so as soon as she arrived at her new lot she applied for a cooking job as an Assistant dishwasher. This would be a way to make money and maybe someday have a beautiful house were she would raise her future family.
    Her first day was rough! She had no money so she decided to go and collect some stuff around the neighborhood. She managed to get a few things, which she sold to a local collector she casually met there on the street. She just kept this cute little frogs because the collector guy told her that if she breeds them and gets more frogs, she should be able to sell the little ones for quite a bit of money.
    The following days were not easy as well but with a lot of running around collecting and working hard, she managed to save some money and she also got promoted at her job. She was now the Head Dishwasher!!!
    So now that Marnie was getting some money she felt more confident and she wanted to meet some people (of the male kind). Because she didn't have a car to go around other parts of town, she just started introducing herself to the new neighbors that walked across her street. One fine day she was talking with her new friend Ace, then she saw the most handsome guy she ever met. So she asked Ace if he knew him. His answer was that he was a new guy in town, and he came to Oasis Springs for a job as a musician at the local bar. Marnie was so head over heels for this "Adonis" that she quickly asked Ace to introduce him before he left.
    They met (His name was Johan) and the conversation was actually flowing very well, Marnie's romantic side was overflowing and she quickly asked a few cheeky questions and she found out he was single and he was loking for some place to stay. Marnie told him that she might like a roommate to share the bills and the days so they exchanged numbers to talk latter about it and said goodbye.
    The next day Marnie was so excited that she couldn't wait, so she called him. He quickly answered and he said that he would very much like to see her again. In the afternoon, he showed up and before they knew it they hit it of. Some romance was in the air and a first kiss occurred. He confessed that he also liked her very much and they should get to know each other better. They agreed he should move in, because he really didn't have anywhere to sleep and Marnie was more than welcome to share a bed with this homeless guy.
    After a few days of getting to know each other and sleeping in the same bed, Johan made a few attempt to get it to the next level. Their first woohoo was amazing (and unprotected). Marnie was worried. She might be carrying Johan's baby because of this distraction! At the same time she was happy, because she knew that even if she was. Johan loved her and he would stay trough it all with her!!!

Hope you like it (Shhh! secretly I'm a closeted storyteller)
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • Options
    @SimmerPT - LOVED it! You are a very good storyteller. Don't worry. I won't tell a soul that YOU ARE AWESOME AT STORYTELLING. Nope. I won't say a thing. *grins* Going to go watch your Let's Play now. :D
  • Options
    @Vih - Well, when I was doing the challenge with Sabrina, I ran into you practically the first day! That was the picture I had had posted. But you know what happened next. :D So, this time I remembered to put Z's blank world in FIRST, and then go from there. And by the way.... You are like the leader of the lab in my game. :p lol It's all good! I've been having Joe put in very long hours. So, it's only a matter of time before he gets that next promotion!

@Rawla - I LOVE your finished house! Even with the little additions you did. What is your origin ID, so I can find it in the gallery?
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top