Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

1899091929395...Next

Comments

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited December 2021
    stargirl18 wrote: »
    Hi once lots are unlocked for example parks can I place in both worlds

No, in the rules of each challenge it is listed what you are allowed to build and where.
    In the rules you can also find where you can travel
  • Options
    NakendraNakendra Posts: 179 Member
    Hey everyone. I'm thinking of starting this challenge over once again. But I was wondering if anyone who have most, if not all the packs, wants to help me start a new drifter save. I'm bad at placing lots, community lots, like pools, restaurants, etc. I want these lots in Newcrest, and other towns that have blank lots, or to remake some of the lots. Houses can be remake as well. I just want my sims to have places to go if ask out. And places that toddlers and kids can have fun as well. I do have all the packs, so movies, bowling, etc are welcome. Just @me if interested, also I am on discord #0779
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @nakendra, you can use any of my builds. I completed the drifter challenges and made lots of houses and comunnity lots for it. Feel free to use them for your game. I haven't rebuilt NewCrest in my game, but you can always look in my gallery to see if I have any community lots that fit.

My drifter houses
    link to all of the houses on my blog (Scroll down)
    overview-drifterhouses_orig.jpg

My Drifter Communty lots
    Link to all community lots on my blog (Scroll down)
    driftercommunitylots_orig.jpg

Other community lots
  • Options
    Thanx @illusie and congratz. I need to find my place in your story.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @Nakendra, Thank you! Are you planning to read the whole story?
    Have fun with starting over! Have you already a sim in mind for it?

I hope you find some peope to help you with your game save. If not, you can always ask the DNA team to help you build something. The link is in my siggy.
  • Options
    @illusie I do have a sim, matter of fact you can check out my story so far on twitter @rmntcsweetangel or MissAtlantisSims
  • Options
    @nakendra, I'm following you now on twitter. I see you already started. I like your sim
  • Options
    @illusie thank you so much.
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    Hi fellow drifters! I already got to house 5 a few years back but now I want to start again.

Is there any update regarding the new lifespan durations? I didn't like the changes and changed the lifespan back to what it was in MCCC.
  • Options
    @DeiraShadeweaver, I don't think the rules changed. Changing it back to what it was is okay. That's great you are playing again
  • Options
    AppletiniAppletini Posts: 18 Member
    Coming back to Drifter Challenge again! <3 Gonna try and do it as a Berry Challenge as well...
    Do we know if author is updating this challenge when new base game updates and expansions are released. For example: Anyone know how to treat "Science baby"?

If nothing is said about it I would treat it as a thing that is allowed. But maybe use a mod so that Sim actually go full pregnancy and not just *poof* ends up with a baby in a bassinet! :-D
  • Options
    Appletini wrote: »
    Coming back to Drifter Challenge again! <3 Gonna try and do it as a Berry Challenge as well...
    Do we know if author is updating this challenge when new base game updates and expansions are released. For example: Anyone know how to treat "Science baby"?

If nothing is said about it I would treat it as a thing that is allowed. But maybe use a mod so that Sim actually go full pregnancy and not just *poof* ends up with a baby in a bassinet! :-D

I don't think she have, but you can always check her website/blog. I know that back in the day, @illusie was keeping us updated with each house, not sure about now since I haven't been checking on the rules. I'm also thinking of starting this challenge over again. Lost all of my old families because my pc fried itself. Wasn't able to save anything :(
  • Options
    Cool that someone else do want to do this oldie but goldie. Never got beyond generation 5 when I was playing before. But I am looking forward to make a serious attempt though!

Did browse through her blog/rules page and as far as I can tell nothing is written about science babies. Neither yay or ney. Hence why I asked here.

I'm in the process of translating the rules to Swedish for new Simmers to use. While doing that I am sure I will learn where the challenge is left of. Atm I am on a new account though since I did loose my old login etc. Totally embarrassed about that. But it will take me a short while until I can post new posts though.
  • Options
    @Appletini How it coming along? Its been 10 sims days, and she still haven't found anyone she likes yet. I use wonderfulwhims. I'm now putting up walls. Could have done this one day 1, but wanted to save her money first, especially since she (me) decided to buy 3 easels.
  • Options
    Had to re-do my save file since my computer ate it when i was just done :-( So rn I am on day 2 of my second try. Still sleeping in bushes and all that kind of decadent living! :-P

Why did you want 3 easles?!?! :-o

And I asked a question about traveling in the house 001 post. Do you know the answers to those?
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Had to re-do my save file since my computer ate it when i was just done :-( So rn I am on day 2 of my second try. Still sleeping in bushes and all that kind of decadent living! :-P

Why did you want 3 easels?!?! :-o

And I asked a question about traveling in the house 001 post. Do you know the answers to those?

She's a painter, and since I didn't get her the pad, the only way to make her paint back to back is to have more than one, also at the time, I was going to get her to 3 different types of painting, lol but now I'll just let her paint whatever.

I was wondering, do you have discord? Would love to see what you sim getting into. Lol I wish I was writing this sim story, was going to post to twitter, but for some reason, I can't log into twitter from game :disappointed: I can say, this house is completely different from all my other founders acted like

Haven't read your question yet, but I say when it comes to traveling, as long as you have that $1000 in the bank, you go to go.
  • Options
    I do have discord yes. Send me an invite if you want to :-) Called bloudwedd there with the new naming thingies.

I... may have tried a different route this time. just to try out things I haven't done before. Hence why the ground all of a sudden started shaking and trembling. I just happened to have added the Island Paradise volcano challenge to it :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Not sure if the rules will be updated and how to see the new science babies for this challenge. I'll try to contact Vi to see what she thinks of the science babies.

I completed the drifter challenge a few years ago. It was fun. I was thinking of playing it again, but no time for that at the moment. I posted about it on my blog. I think some of the rules changed in the mean time though https://illusie.weebly.com/drifter-challenge/category/index
  • Options
    @Appletini I tried to add you, but it wouldn't let me. I'm MissAtlantisSims everywhere if you want to add me
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Vihisha said:
    I'd say science babies do not count as The Heir as these can be 100% planned for...unlike "Try For Baby". But as I tell everyone...also....The Drifter Challenge is meant to be fun, so if having Science Babies enriches that fun...all rules CAN more or less be bent for storytelling etc. purposes
  • Options
    The twins are now infants, and our founder adult bday is less than a week. The house is coming, do plan to change some of the floor plans.
  • Options
    @Nakendra, that's great you got twins. Sounds like the challenge is going well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top