Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited June 2015
    @MsPrissy88 - Thanks so much! :) My ID and hashtag are in my siggy. I've just barely uploaded my Drifter 001 family and an updated version of the Drifter 001 house. I used the #DrifterChallenge tag on them as well as my own #RawlaCreations. I also uploaded a bedroom and the central hub you can build from that is in the house if you like. Thanks for asking.
  • Options
    SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    > @Rawla said:
    > SimmerPT - LOVED it! You are a very good storyteller. Don't worry. I won't tell a soul that YOU ARE AWESOME AT STORYTELLING. Nope. I won't say a thing. *grins* Going to go watch your Let's Play now. :D
    Awww thank you @Rawla , I just hope I get as better at public speaking (aka doing Let's Plays) as I am with my creativeness on paper. Next week I will be officially starting my Sims Stories Blog and just for you guys I will throw a sneak peek word ............... Newcrest!
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited June 2015
    Ok Vih .... Remember how you liked that I had a cowplant in my build (on the gallery)? It's a good thing that Sabrina fed it when she had it. Oh, that's not to say that Joe didn't. Noooo.... Last night Joe was SOOO tired when he got home from work, that he just went straight to bed. And in the morning, this is what I saw --

06-09-15_7-12nbspAM_zpshbch8f6n.png

*cries* I've never had one of these die on me before. :'( lol

And since I told you yesterday (i think) that I had snapped a pic of Devon as soon as she found out she preggy, well... Here she is!!

06-08-15_9-07nbspPM_zps6uaqkk0v.png

I can't wait for her to pop! I want to see if Joe is going to have a little boy or girl as his heir. :#
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @SimmerPT - Yay for new stories blog! I can't wait to see what you do with Newcrest! As for Let's Plays, you are so much more courageous than I ever could be. I've never done one and I don't think I ever could. Well done!

@MsPrissy88 - Awww so sad about the cow plant. *sniffles* I can't wait to see what gender Devon's baby will be! Keep playing! lol

Happy Simming everyone!

For my own family:

Liberty Lee is an adult, she is still going to her astronaut career. And *cough* she is pregnant AGAIN. (#4 baby PLEASE be a boy! lol)
    Abel Painter is selling paintings to get enough money for when Destiny (heir) moves out for the next challenge. He has also aged into an adult a while back and now wears glasses. I like the look. He's picked up the violin lately and has begun to play that. Maybe he can entertain his grandkids if they ever visit.
    Destiny is four days away from being YA. Almost there! I can't wait. She currently has a B in school.
    Crystal, her little sister just aged up into a rather funny-looking (I think) teenager. She got an A in school before aging up.
    Sienna has a B in school and is still a child.
    Baby #4 is on the way! (please be a boy) :)
  • Options
    Baby #4 is.... *drumroll please* .... A BOY! Yay! :smiley: I did not use the name generator for that one. Instead I named him Atlas. Atlas Painter. :) He was born just in time to see his big sister become a YA, which will be very soon.
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @Rawla that's ok u didn't upload w/the #DrifterChallenge tag...I just know most Drifters r doing so 4 ease of finding all the Drifter relayed creations on the Gallery is all =) I'm happy 2 hear that u added your Drifter family as well as an updated version of the house as well...I'll check those out!
    I don't usually play w/auras on objects....they seem 2 cycle through emotions good enough w/out ha ha ha
    There is a whole list compiled of YouTubers & Bloggers doing things Drifter Challenge related...it's in each of the designated House threads..so you'll b able 2 c who's doing what easily....make sure u visit those threads..there r quite a few talented Simmers sharing their journey =)
    THX 4 keeping me/us posted on your House 001 game play. It's really neat hearing it all unfold! *crosses fingers* please b a boy!!! Booyah!! (just read your latest post) glad u got your wish =) Just a few more days & we'll get 2 c ya into House 002 =)

@SimmerPT I like the story you've been writing on your journey...it's fun!! Let's Plays r WONDERFUL practice 4 any "public speaking" etc. I'm a TON more confident & relaxed in my videos than when I 1st started. & yanno @Rawla you'd b surprised...I never thought I could do videos & since I started...I can't quit LOL It's enhanced my Sim gaming experience 10 fold!

@MsPrissy88 Wooo I'm the leader!! Go Vi!! LOL I hope Joe scores a promotion really soon...the extra simoleons r ALWAYS nice! Those cow plants r a bit touchy...they require a bit of attention...or THAT happens >< @ least they look kinda' neat dead heh. Happy prego Devon..I can't wait!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for taking a look at my house and family. :)

I printed out 001-004 of the challenge so far and I have forced myself not even to glance at any of the others except 001. So I am VERY excited to see what 002 will be like. Destiny should have aged up already. She's being stubborn. xD

Edit: Destiny finally aged up to YA. She is now at 0 funds and at her new lot ready to begin her challenge. I've just taken a peek. Looks like a fun one. xD I've posted on the 002 challenge thread. You can see her picture over there. :)
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    Update: Destiny Painter (challenge 002)

Pizza man - nope
    Pizza elder woman - definitely nope
    Female maid - nope nope nope
    Mailman... wowza YES!

Meet Destiny's new husband: Terrel Sanchez. :smiley:

06-10-15_10-59nbspAM.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Look @ u getting all Drifter-y.....printing ALL the available house rules @Rawla =P Make sure u check back each month...the 1st Thursday...I'll launch another house mini-challenge!! U can get notified about all things Drifter Challenge related if u follow me on Twitter or u bookmark The Drifter Challenge main "table of contents" page.

Ooooh Destiny's new husband...Meeeoooow! =P Great snag there, my friend! I LOVE the look she's giving him...it's a total.."Why Hello There Handsome!"
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Vihisha - I can't help it. This is an addictive challenge. They have a cow plant now. Terrel was already swallowed once, when I wasn't looking. Thankfully he was spit back out. Destiny is pregnant with their first child. I'm hoping it is a girl. I'm keeping myself from reading Challenge 003. Knowing what it is will be a reward for finishing 002. I'm going to need a challenge a week at this point. lol Good to know that more challenges are coming. I have the main table of contents bookmarked already. Happy Simming! :smiley:

Update (edit):

Destiny had her baby at the hospital and has a birth certificate for the baby and...

It's+a+boy.gif

His name is Zadkaen Painter.
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    (challenge 002) Update:

Zadkaen is now a child so the household will be taking a vacation now. Yay! Here is Destiny with her son Zadkaen. Her husband is in the house.

06-10-15_3-30nbspPM.png
    P.S. I think there is something wrong with the fast metabolism trait. :/
  • Options
    LOL @Rawla THANKFULLY I hear that The Drifter Challenge is addictive A LOT! I'm glad that u r enjoying it...I hope it's helping u experience more of the game & helping u learn things u may not have known about or thought 2 really try!
    Cow Plants r fun stuff!! Glad her husband was not consumed fully..that would have been rather sad...least u would have still had Zadkean still (trying 2 think on the bright side of a close call tragedy). I think u have 2 exercise quite a bit 4 Sims 2 stay fit..I noticed that especially w/my adult non-playable Sims...they get fluffy rather fast. Time 4 a vacation..I hope u enjoy exploring Granite Falls....here's 2 completing the aspiration!! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Vihisha - I'm at the campsite and I've run into troubles. I can't travel with the full family to the forest. It keeps saying that Zadkaen is busy and can't come. Even though there is nothing in his queue and he's standing right there beside her. It's against the rules to leave him behind at the campsite/lodgings right? Any suggestions how to get them all to go? Thanks. xD

Edit: I controlled Zarkaen to get him to the forest. Then returned to controlling only Destiny. Considering that I think he was bugged out with the horseshoe game, I view it as a reset-cheat so will continue. *sigh* Or do I need to start the mini-challenge over? ...Silly horseshoe game.
  • Options
    I don't think Terrel likes camping. hehe (sharing pic here too because... LOLs)
    06-10-15_6-01nbspPM.png
  • Options
    @Rawla How u sent Zarkean is fine...u might have 2 do that when u travel 2 the hermit area as well.
    Hee hee...your pic is funny...gotta' love the butt in the air =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @Vihisha - lol Thanks.

Well, I don't think I'm going to make the goal. Zadkaen will be YA in 1 day and the networth of the house is sorely lacking. :( I'll save him to my library so he won't be forever lost and try again. I'm not giving up. (advice: fishing is not a good money-making 'career' for this challenge in my experience. Painting is better.)

Edit: Zadkaen is still a teen but I did do a build re-do for their home. Networth is only at 27k+. One more day to go. Think I can get 13k before Zadkaen becomes a YA? We'll see.... tomorrow. Almost 3am here now. TOTALLY lost track of time. Oops. lol :blush:
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    Drifter House Challenge 002 is complete! YAY! :smiley:
    Challenge 003 looks tough. I think I figured out a trick to give me more time. Don't have a kid right away. :wink: See you in 003! Happy Simming!
  • Options
    AWESOME job @Rawla !!
    I'm glad u were able 2 finish in time =) Onto House 003!! Weeeeee!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Vihisha - I almost didn't make it. It was soooooo close. Barely made it. And to be honest I'm totally surprised that I did. XD
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Zadkaen just got abducted by aliens. lol I have a question. If an heir were to get pregnant and give birth due to an abduction impregnation and that baby was their first child. Would it be the heir since it was the first or do they not count?
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    @Rawla That is a very good question...1 that I hadn't thought 2 address...so thank-u!

ANSWER: As per rule sets under "The Heir" section: Heir must be made through the woohoo for baby command with someone in the household
    Therefor the alien abduction pregnancy would be treated similar to an adoption....that Sim is NOT considered the heir

*I think I shall add that bit into the rules just to remove any confusion*
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Vihisha - Thanks for answering my question. I'm having a ton of fun. I'm having a hard time with the fishing aspiration though. I need to find a few more types of fish to catch. I'm working on it. I'll see if I can't complete it. Don't think I ever have before so this shall be fun. xD
  • Options
    TIP:
    I have found that if you sell a cowplant berry you only get $20. But if you plant it and then sell it after it reaches the tiny-cowplant stage (before it grows up) it sells for around $475 I think.
  • Options
    I have faith that you'll b able 2 finish the aspiration @Rawla !! *note* U will need 2 fish in different water types 2 catch all kinds =)
    & u r quite right about those Cow Plants & the berries...if u don't need a Cow Plant...they make good money makers!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    Totally not awkward conversation with Rosanne Postma(the sink is between them like lolz), I find her quite a lovely woman for George:
    3Dig7vO.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top