Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#ThisIsMySimsVision

Comments

• Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    What I really love about genetics in 3 is how children are born with haircolours I created myself for their grandparents, even when I never saved that haircolour. It feels like a real family thing because I mixed it myself.
    I don't know about Sims 2 genetics yet, but I have a ginger father with blue eyes and a brown haired mother with brown eyes. Both their kids have brown hair and brown eyes and if that's really how the genetics work (the dominant/recessive aspect of it) in 2 I'd be disappointed. But maybe it was coincidental.

Genetics in TS2 do work like that: Brown and black hair are dominant, so your couple will only have children with brown hair unless your female sim had one red-headed parent. And it works like it IRL, too, so it's closest to life simulation, I guess. :)

I played with the Pleasant family in 2 and Angela married someone (can't remember his name but he was a pre-made from another town, I think) who must have been mixed race cause though he had dark skin his hair was straight and his facial features were neither truly Caucasion-like nor African American-like. After they were married and had kids every last one of them (they had 5, 6 not counting the one the butler kidnapped) had red hair even though their father had light brown hair, does anyone know whether or not that would be true genetic expression? I thought red hair was a recessive gene.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    Just a reminder this thread is design for visions. Please do not come into the thread and tell people their vision is not possible. This thread is not for that at all. This is your personal vision for what you one day hope or view coming into the sims. No one has the right to say no to anyone about it in this thread. Everyone is welcome no matter how large, vast, ridiculous, silly, amazing, etc the vision it's yours and yours alone and it's what you wish for in sims one day.

It's to show what you're thinking and we want to show case that to dev's and the world your vision sims players. Critic people in another thread in this one you're off topic.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    I'm surprised this thread died down so quickly since it started with such a bang.

Reiterating an important feature brought up earlier in the thread, I really like the idea of more gradual aging, either by truly day-by-day aging or the addition of a few more life stages like toddler/preschooler, preteen, and middle-age. Although I can accept that the Sims are the same heights in this game, I'd like to request that you not do it again.

This is not exactly 'my' Sims vision, but someone else depicted additional life stages and more gradual aging quite nicely already:

302orjd.jpg
    5kouns.jpg

Another thing that I would like to see developed further in The Sims is the genetics. One of the things that made Sims 2 so popular was the ability to play with genetics and I loved trying to take disparate Sims and see what combinations the game would come up with. The genetic mixing doesn't seem to have advanced much since Sims 2, which disappointed me. I thought that with games like S.P.O.R.E. that really did a lot with 'mixing' there would be more in the game.

Could we get more skin color gradation? Trait blending where they get one from mom, one from dad, and the rest of your choosing? How about supernatural hybrids?
    ngr5md.png

Also, please work harder on squashing the bugs. This is a recurrent problem with the series. I understand it's a big, complicated game with lots of parts played on lots of systems, and debugging isn't as fun as building new stuff. But, I have so many issues in just the base game that it adversely affects enjoyment of the game. So, please don't overlook thorough testing and debugging. It doesn't get mentioned often in a "how can we improve the game?" thread, but this is one of the biggest deterrents for me, so I hope you remain vigilant in this task (especially at squashing them pre-release).
    281x408.png

LOVE this idea and frankly i can think of hundreds of fun things to add to each life stage they can enjoy and make the unique in their own way. I Love it!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    What I really love about genetics in 3 is how children are born with haircolours I created myself for their grandparents, even when I never saved that haircolour. It feels like a real family thing because I mixed it myself.
    I don't know about Sims 2 genetics yet, but I have a ginger father with blue eyes and a brown haired mother with brown eyes. Both their kids have brown hair and brown eyes and if that's really how the genetics work (the dominant/recessive aspect of it) in 2 I'd be disappointed. But maybe it was coincidental.

Genetics in TS2 do work like that: Brown and black hair are dominant, so your couple will only have children with brown hair unless your female sim had one red-headed parent. And it works like it IRL, too, so it's closest to life simulation, I guess. :)
    It does O.O? Oh my, what am I going to tell my brown eyed/brown haired husband, our children have blue eyes and (dark)blond hair ;) And I have brown hair as well. So no, it doesn't work like that irl, genetics are much more complicated than that. No more children for my Sims 2 couple then, because that's just boring :( Because not only does it not work like that irl, it isn't real life, it's a game. I love a variety in offspring in the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member

It does O.O? Oh my, what am I going to tell my brown eyed/brown haired husband, our children have blue eyes and (dark)blond hair ;) And I have brown hair as well. So no, it doesn't work like that irl, genetics are much more complicated than that. No more children for my Sims 2 couple then, because that's just boring :( Because not only does it not work like that irl, it isn't real life, it's a game. I love a variety in offspring in the game.

This is where recessives come in. Each parent, carries 2 alleles (technical term, lol). So for eye colour that might be a brown eyed allele from mum and a blue eyed allele from dad. Brown eyed is dominant so the child will have brown eyes.

However this child may have blue eyed offspring if they breed with someone who carries the blue eye genotype. Keeping in mind that someone can carry a blue eye gene recessively this is how two brown eyed parents can have blue eyed kids - because they both carry recessive blue eyed genetics. However, two blue eyed parents having brown eyed children is rather less genetically possible.

In other words, you and your husband both have recessive blue eye genetics from your forebears. Not so hard to explain at all... well, actually I found it very hard to simplify to that level :lol: especially because it's been years since I studied inheritance and the terminology is no longer in the forefront of my brain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monohybrid_cross
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It would be really cool if the memory system, the turn ons and offs, the interests, the favorites, and fears were included into the Sims 4. I just loved how much depth was in the Sims themselves with the Sims 2.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

This is where recessives come in. Each parent, carries 2 alleles (technical term, lol). So for eye colour that might be a brown eyed allele from mum and a blue eyed allele from dad. Brown eyed is dominant so the child will have brown eyes.

However this child may have blue eyed offspring if they breed with someone who carries the blue eye genotype. Keeping in mind that someone can carry a blue eye gene recessively this is how two brown eyed parents can have blue eyed kids - because they both carry recessive blue eyed genetics. However, two blue eyed parents having brown eyed children is rather less genetically possible.

In other words, you and your husband both have recessive blue eye genetics from your forebears. Not so hard to explain at all... well, actually I found it very hard to simplify to that level :lol: especially because it's been years since I studied inheritance and the terminology is no longer in the forefront of my brain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monohybrid_cross
    Yes, I know how it works ;) But my couple will only get children with brown hair and brown eyes as I understand it and for this generation that's pretty boring. And if my sim's daughter (with the brown hair and the brown eyes from her mother) will marry a blond guy with blue eyes? Her father is the ginger. There is a possibility her kid will have blue eyes like dad/her father, but will the kid automatically will have brown or ginger hair? Because that just isn't realistic. Or is there also a chance their kid will be blond? And what if she marries a blond guy with green eyes? All their kids will be brown haired and eyed?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    yep, it can get annoying for a particular generation in Sims 2 when only brown hair/brown eyes show for everyone :/

I ran quite a few breeding experiments in Sims 2 many, many years ago in the mists of time where memory grows dim and the genetics are quite developed if sometimes a bit frustrating. Using a simple dominant/recessive system like they did it might have added interest if the created sims had randomly generated recessives. Also, the way face types were inherited frustrated me at times. I wanted them to blend.

Then in Sims 3 they did blend and wow did I get a lot of really unattractive sims as a result. I actually took to cloning sims that I found attractive and swapping the gender of one of them and tweaking just a little for individuality, so that my "breeding pairs" had better looking progeny. #ThingsSimmersShouldn'tSayinPublic :lol:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    yep, it can get annoying for a particular generation in Sims 2 when only brown hair/brown eyes show for everyone :/

I ran quite a few breeding experiments in Sims 2 many, many years ago in the mists of time where memory grows dim and the genetics are quite developed if sometimes a bit frustrating. Using a simple dominant/recessive system like they did it might have added interest if the created sims had randomly generated recessives. Also, the way face types were inherited frustrated me at times. I wanted them to blend.

Then in Sims 3 they did blend and wow did I get a lot of really unattractive sims as a result. I actually took to cloning sims that I found attractive and swapping the gender of one of them and tweaking just a little for individuality, so that my "breeding pairs" had better looking progeny. #ThingsSimmersShouldn'tSayinPublic :lol:
    Playing generations in Sims 3 is like top-class sport sometimes lol
    The reason you get ugly offspring is because the translation between genders is crap. Goodlooking males make hideous females and vice versa. So I always make sure I test two potential partners in CAS, check what their offspring will look like and adjust the partner a little when some features turn out bad. Only then is the sim permitted to provide kids in the next generation. This is however very limiting when you create sims and it's one of my main frustrations in Sims 3. The gender translation in Sims 4 is better, but completely random and therefor boring for me. Because I do love the way it works in 3, gamewise. It is possible to create great new faces when two parents mix the right way (it's in fact part of my gameplay ;)). And I hate the clones, I want new sims.

As for eye and hair colour, that's very random in 3. It's either the mother's or the father's colour, or the colour of one of the grandparents. Or it's something completely new, which most of the time I change. Or not, when the result is nice and could happen. My dark brown heir and his blond girlfriend had a gingerish daughter; I decided to intensify the colour a bit and kept it like that. Children irl often don't have the same haircolour as their parents either, mine don't for instance (their colour is in fact unique in the family, they have one cousin with the same colour).

Now if they could add a real complicated realistic genetics system in the game I'd love that. But handling something so complicated in such a one dimensional way like in 2, I just don't like that. Especially not since it's a game and generations are part of the fun. Right now it's putting me off having more children in my current family. I don't need more brown eyes/brown haired children. I love the variety of kids in one family in 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Now if they could add a real complicated realistic genetics system in the game I'd love that. But handling something so complicated in such a one dimensional way like in 2, I just don't like that. Especially not since it's a game and generations are part of the fun. Right now it's putting me off having more children in my current family. I don't need more brown eyes/brown haired children. I love the variety of kids in one family in 3.

Indeed. Complicated realistic genetics where the blending works out individual and attractive (or at least similarly attractive to the parents). To be honest I've never much liked the look of sims in 3 at all, I was happy to see a more cartoony look again (although I can't say I expected the whole game to feel so cartoony). I find my sims 4 families much more attractive and interesting looking, despite having a run of no-chin sims at one stage :confused:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Indeed. Complicated realistic genetics where the blending works out individual and attractive (or at least similarly attractive to the parents). To be honest I've never much liked the look of sims in 3 at all, I was happy to see a more cartoony look again (although I can't say I expected the whole game to feel so cartoony). I find my sims 4 families much more attractive and interesting looking, despite having a run of no-chin sims at one stage :confused:
    I realise that's a matter of taste, I prefer more realistic myself). I like the looks of sims in 3 (my own and sims others created; not so much the pudding faces ;)). But I was referring to the genetic system in general, for a 'next game' so to speak. With sims we can all like :#
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited May 2015

Well, two people with brown eyes still can have blue-eyed children and that's the result of dominant/recessive system. I still believe it works like that IRL. Of course there are other factors, some features (like skin colour) are multifactorially determined, some are codominant, some are influenced equally by genetics and enviroment. I know genetics are complex, I studied it :D I just didn't want to bright out all the OT details :)
    And yes, it can get a little boring in TS2, especially when The Firstborn Syndrome strikes. But I still like it better than TS3 random system, where I occasionally got platinum blond kids with purple eyes from two afro-americans parents :D

I would like to have realistic systems as in TS2 but more deep and more carefully worked-out, with recessive genes passing on hidden through many generations.

• Options
    I'm not sure why but my sims children usually turned out to be an improvement over their parents. One sim I had made was a rockstar who was good-looking in her own right (she fell for the handy man) and their daughter was even prettier if there would have been a supermodel career she would have been at the top of it. Out of the sims children that I improved the looks of they usually had a townie parent who looked average in comparison to my created sim. I don't really know much about genetics but it is fun to experiment. Right now I'm working on having a couple of Asian families and wondering just how the genetics for their children will turn out (I plan on not blending them in with the general population but let them marry people from China in the game.)
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Alelle? Dominant? Recessive? What is this alien language?
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    One adult lifestage was more than enough. Two was okay. But three? No no no.

I would prefer if they expanded the younger lifestages as I'm completely sick of adults getting everything.
    Did YAs and Adults really differ in TS3? No, they did not. Maybe adults had some extra moodlet or IDK. I do know that YAs (which were really just college-aged teens) and Adults in TS2 were completely separate, but YAs were completely optional in that game.
    Yes they do. This is not a twenty year old and I like that:

1385056439.jpg

And since Generations there was the midlife crisis. In real life there's a huge difference as well.
    Or is there...

lPBw9.jpg

madonna1-620x400.jpg

:#
    They did not differ much gameplay-wise which is why I think it was unnecessary.
    But visuals and gameplay are very much connected for me. When I play a man who's in his forties I don't want him to look twenty (unless he is a genie or a fairy of course ;)). It's even more important to me than the midlife crisis thing. We the-not-so-young don't behave all that differently than we did when we were in our twenties, in fact it's always the mirror and pictures that confront me with my age :# You can't imagine how often I'm hit by a 'is that me, noooo, that can't be me...' emotion lol. That's always a picture doing that :'(

Besides, it's peanuts for them to divide YA and A. Because they have the same animations and clothes. So they might as well include it. For me *puppy eyes* Creating a completely different life stage in every respect is much more work.

With Sims 2 base game we had baby, toddler, child, teen, adult and elder. When University came out young adult was added, which was a life stage for strictly for going to college. I wouldn't mind if Sims 4 did it the same way maybe with the addition of being able to have children in the YA stage.
    I think it matters I'm used to the Sims 3 situation (because I played that version before I played Sims 2). My sims in 2 are still a young couple so I don't mind yet. But I'm sure when their children will grow up I will mind they'll look exactly the same as their parents. I consider it a good choice they made for Sims 3 to seperate YA and A (they could also call it adult and middle aged of course). A YA (or adult looking like a twenty year old) turning into an elder will feel to me like a ten year old jumping out of his bassinet. It's too big a leap for me.

It is possible by the way I feel this way because I'm an adult myself. My focus in the game may be different than the focus of young people playing the game. But what's the problem YA and YA being seperated in your opinion?

I suppose it just can't be helped - someone mentions something they want, then someone else says 'no, I don't like that'. I'm pretty sure this is why the gurus decided to make the game how THEY wanted instead of trying to listen to what fans want. There are always disagreements!

What I would hope they would do instead is to look for the areas where we agree, and there are plenty of those to be found. Even on the different age stages, if they would just give us the standard 6 and make sure they were very well done, then that would be something we haven't had since TS2 so that would be welcomed. Another thing they could do is to stop with the stereotypes, such as having all elders walk bent over. Give our sims some personality and variety, please!
    The standard 6... :| ? There were 3 in TS, 7 in TS2 (6 before the first EP) and 7 in TS3. And 3 in TSM. What standard?
    The only game in the series that has 6 is TS4.
    All life stages in TS3 are very well done imo, except the baby.

All I'm saying is that:
    - for me the era 20-60 years old needs to be split up in two (and that's no strange far-fetched whim of mine, it's like that in 3 and 4, and 2 if you count University (which again is the very first EP).
    - the YA and A life stages are rather similar so it's a piece of cake for EA to keep it that way.

I appreciate people want different things, but I just don't get this 'hey EA, we want this out please, those young adults are bugging me' call. I can see why people think toddlers are annoying, but young adults always behave. They're angels.

Oops, my bad, I meant 7 life stages. I wish they would allow us more options so that players can customize the whole game to suit them. But over all, I agree that I want a life simulation game, even if that seems like more of a doll house than a game. Unfortunately I don't think either EA or Maxis want to make a "doll house" life simulation game. Too 'girly' for them, or something. Girly is embarrassing, apparently, since most games have tons of violence and are full of testosterone. :p

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    There are some wonderful ideas on this thread! YES, give me stoic sims! I adore the feel of epic sims....that strong and daring founding mother or father, who births a great dynasty.

Also, I'd like to see full body and face freckles that range from a couple to almost complete coverage -- and have them included in the genetics. Along with more dimples and natural looking beauty marks and even a space between the sims front teeth -- anything to give more individuality to a sim and ultimately to pass down in a family legacy.

As far as true wishful thinking goes: I'd love a "Sims Through The Ages" game, sort of a Sims 2 blending with Sims Medieval with the option of visiting other times/lands like ancient Rome or the Wild, Wild West. The ability to play out the Royal Challenge in the appropriate setting would be very play-immersive for me. And, of course, each new expansion would be another amazing journey in time.
  • Options
    Also, I'd like to see full body and face freckles that range from a couple to almost complete coverage -- and have them included in the genetics. Along with more dimples and natural looking beauty marks and even a space between the sims front teeth -- anything to give more individuality to a sim and ultimately to pass down in a family legacy.

To not have to use cheats or mods to add freckles to new generations would be :open_mouth::joy::love:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    I was playing in TS3 and I had my newlyweds in Egypt and they were in the copper mines. He was brave and family oriented and I thought it would be awesome if there would be a cut scene and he would try to be maybe be a little overprotective (because of his traits) and tell her not to go into an unexplored (of the mine) area by herself. And because she was more ambitious, brave and had the explorer trait a) wouldn't listen and b) be annoyed that he had warned her not to go (I had her go on ahead anyway). Then there might actually be a reason for them to have an argument, of course I do get that we are supposed to be imagining these type of scenarios in our heads as we play and that is what makes the game but I always adored cut scenes and hope we could have not real long ones (like some console games have) but more little short ones like TS2 had.
  • Options

Well, two people with brown eyes still can have blue-eyed children and that's the result of dominant/recessive system. I still believe it works like that IRL. Of course there are other factors, some features (like skin colour) are multifactorially determined, some are codominant, some are influenced equally by genetics and enviroment. I know genetics are complex, I studied it :D I just didn't want to bright out all the OT details :)
    And yes, it can get a little boring in TS2, especially when The Firstborn Syndrome strikes. But I still like it better than TS3 random system, where I occasionally got platinum blond kids with purple eyes from two afro-americans parents :D

I would like to have realistic systems as in TS2 but more deep and more carefully worked-out, with recessive genes passing on hidden through many generations.
    Genetics are complicated, so I don't agree handling the dominant/recessive system in a simplified way it was handled in 2 is better than treating it kind of random. Do it right or don't do it at all is my creed. But I agree it's all based on opinion.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    One adult lifestage was more than enough. Two was okay. But three? No no no.

I would prefer if they expanded the younger lifestages as I'm completely sick of adults getting everything.
    Did YAs and Adults really differ in TS3? No, they did not. Maybe adults had some extra moodlet or IDK. I do know that YAs (which were really just college-aged teens) and Adults in TS2 were completely separate, but YAs were completely optional in that game.
    Yes they do. This is not a twenty year old and I like that:

1385056439.jpg

And since Generations there was the midlife crisis. In real life there's a huge difference as well.
    Or is there...

lPBw9.jpg

madonna1-620x400.jpg

:#
    They did not differ much gameplay-wise which is why I think it was unnecessary.
    But visuals and gameplay are very much connected for me. When I play a man who's in his forties I don't want him to look twenty (unless he is a genie or a fairy of course ;)). It's even more important to me than the midlife crisis thing. We the-not-so-young don't behave all that differently than we did when we were in our twenties, in fact it's always the mirror and pictures that confront me with my age :# You can't imagine how often I'm hit by a 'is that me, noooo, that can't be me...' emotion lol. That's always a picture doing that :'(

Besides, it's peanuts for them to divide YA and A. Because they have the same animations and clothes. So they might as well include it. For me *puppy eyes* Creating a completely different life stage in every respect is much more work.

With Sims 2 base game we had baby, toddler, child, teen, adult and elder. When University came out young adult was added, which was a life stage for strictly for going to college. I wouldn't mind if Sims 4 did it the same way maybe with the addition of being able to have children in the YA stage.
    I think it matters I'm used to the Sims 3 situation (because I played that version before I played Sims 2). My sims in 2 are still a young couple so I don't mind yet. But I'm sure when their children will grow up I will mind they'll look exactly the same as their parents. I consider it a good choice they made for Sims 3 to seperate YA and A (they could also call it adult and middle aged of course). A YA (or adult looking like a twenty year old) turning into an elder will feel to me like a ten year old jumping out of his bassinet. It's too big a leap for me.

It is possible by the way I feel this way because I'm an adult myself. My focus in the game may be different than the focus of young people playing the game. But what's the problem YA and YA being seperated in your opinion?

I suppose it just can't be helped - someone mentions something they want, then someone else says 'no, I don't like that'. I'm pretty sure this is why the gurus decided to make the game how THEY wanted instead of trying to listen to what fans want. There are always disagreements!

What I would hope they would do instead is to look for the areas where we agree, and there are plenty of those to be found. Even on the different age stages, if they would just give us the standard 6 and make sure they were very well done, then that would be something we haven't had since TS2 so that would be welcomed. Another thing they could do is to stop with the stereotypes, such as having all elders walk bent over. Give our sims some personality and variety, please!
    The standard 6... :| ? There were 3 in TS, 7 in TS2 (6 before the first EP) and 7 in TS3. And 3 in TSM. What standard?
    The only game in the series that has 6 is TS4.
    All life stages in TS3 are very well done imo, except the baby.

All I'm saying is that:
    - for me the era 20-60 years old needs to be split up in two (and that's no strange far-fetched whim of mine, it's like that in 3 and 4, and 2 if you count University (which again is the very first EP).
    - the YA and A life stages are rather similar so it's a piece of cake for EA to keep it that way.

I appreciate people want different things, but I just don't get this 'hey EA, we want this out please, those young adults are bugging me' call. I can see why people think toddlers are annoying, but young adults always behave. They're angels.

Oops, my bad, I meant 7 life stages. I wish they would allow us more options so that players can customize the whole game to suit them. But over all, I agree that I want a life simulation game, even if that seems like more of a doll house than a game. Unfortunately I don't think either EA or Maxis want to make a "doll house" life simulation game. Too 'girly' for them, or something. Girly is embarrassing, apparently, since most games have tons of violence and are full of testosterone. :p
    What bothers me most in Sims 4 to be honest is the fact that it kind of feels like three life stages: baby, kid and adult. Because teens, young adults, adults and elders look so much alike.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Jenzup wrote: »
    I was playing in TS3 and I had my newlyweds in Egypt and they were in the copper mines. He was brave and family oriented and I thought it would be awesome if there would be a cut scene and he would try to be maybe be a little overprotective (because of his traits) and tell her not to go into an unexplored (of the mine) area by herself. And because she was more ambitious, brave and had the explorer trait a) wouldn't listen and b) be annoyed that he had warned her not to go (I had her go on ahead anyway). Then there might actually be a reason for them to have an argument, of course I do get that we are supposed to be imagining these type of scenarios in our heads as we play and that is what makes the game but I always adored cut scenes and hope we could have not real long ones (like some console games have) but more little short ones like TS2 had.
    I do understand you, but to me those cut scenes hinder the immersion and my own fantasy. I don't want the game to fill in that kind of things with default videos that match their traits according to EA.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Jenzup wrote: »
    I do understand you, but to me those cut scenes hinder the immersion and my own fantasy. I don't want the game to fill in that kind of things with default videos that match their traits according to EA.

What I didn't like about the cut scenes in 2 was that they were always the same. I want cut scenes but for them to be more unique and randomized maybe matching up according to the sims traits if that would be possible. I could see how cut scenes would break immersion for someone so if they would ever put them back into the game I'd hope they'd either give us the ability to turn them off in options (probably the more ideal choice) or have them as little pop up thumbnails in the corner of the screen (I'm thinking of Bustin' Out) which is especially useful for when you are somewhere else away from the action of your other sims.
  • Options
    missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Getting Engaged

snapshot_b39d92ca_73a8448f.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_13a844e8.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_53a844fe.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_13a84530.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_53a84508.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_93a845e4.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_d3a845c1.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_b3a84682.jpg

Wedding Day.

snapshot_b39d914f_d3bd6110.jpg

snapshot_b39d914f_93bd6cc5.jpg

snapshot_b39d914f_33bd6ca5.jpg

snapshot_b39d914f_33bd6d3b.jpg

Off for the honeymoon.

snapshot_b39d914f_13bd7119.jpg

<3
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • Options
    missmani09 wrote: »
    Getting Engaged

snapshot_b39d92ca_73a8448f.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_13a844e8.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_53a844fe.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_13a84530.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_53a84508.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_93a845e4.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_d3a845c1.jpg

snapshot_b39d92ca_b3a84682.jpg

Wedding Day.

snapshot_b39d914f_d3bd6110.jpg

snapshot_b39d914f_93bd6cc5.jpg

snapshot_b39d914f_33bd6ca5.jpg

snapshot_b39d914f_33bd6d3b.jpg

Off for the honeymoon.

snapshot_b39d914f_13bd7119.jpg

<3

Absolutely this as well as be able to create unlimited amount of businesses that actually worked and your sims could visit and you could see them enjoy, like you could in 2.
  • Options
    Was playing my sims today (TS3) and just imagining how cut scenes might work. I had my Asian family visiting China and it was two sisters who were each married, Saki and Shunaka (sorry to any Asian people, I just make these names up so if they are actually offensive words please forgive me I created them in ignorance). Saki and Shen (Shunaka's husband, who is originally from China and why I don't understand how he is now considered a stranger cause his son was actually one of the ones that my sims were supposed to give a bunch of copper to but any-who also another story entirely) were out completing opportunities leaving behind Ikino, Saki's husband, with Shunaka, Saki's sister.

Well they (Ikino and Shunaka) were talking to one another and both were sleepy so one would head to bed and the other would start a conversation with the other to stop them from getting to the bed first and then (I swear it almost did) turned into a foot race to the only double bed in the place (so only one couple would be able to sleep with their spouse). Well Ikino kind of ended up bumping Shunaka out of the way and went on to bed. I guess Shunaka wasn't about to let him win like that so she just went ahead and crawled in on the other side and fell asleep and they ended up sleeping in the double bed together (just sleep nothing more).

I guess where I think the cut scene would come in would be the fact that above what I just stated isn't entirely true in an exact sense. These sims I play (in this particular household) like to socialize a lot and my sims usually will do other things before taking care of their foremost need (or need in the beginning stages of failing) or priority so they weren't actually competing for the bed in the truest sense of that statement. Yes, they both wanted the bed but that was each sim just trying to fulfill it's need for sleep totally unaware of what the other one was doing. For them actually to be knowingly racing or trying to stop the other from making it to the bed that was just my spin on it to make a little story. I guess what I'm saying is I wish there were little visual cues that they were fighting (the way families do when living in close quarters) over the bed. They were on vacation and it would have been neat if they had a chess match for it or argued, playfully argued or had to spar for it (since all these particular sims learned the martial art skill).

If I could program a Sims game this is the way I'd do it. Shunaka and Ikino get sleepy yawn have sleep bubbles over head then cut scene (and that music like something is breaking in busting out or the noise when someone cheats just to alert you that something unique is happening or maybe even a dum-dum-dum) as they both have bubbles of a double bed over their head. They eye one another and then cut scene ends and the player would get options to decide who will take the double bed (with an option to ignore entirely) or would they fight and argue over it or play games for it. So the player could end up choosing to have their sims (well this would have been possible in 2) paper, rock scissors each other for it. Then if they come up equal (unable to determine winner) they must pillow fight then if they still couldn't determine the winner then they would go to the chessboard if they have another tie then they must spar. This still would probably be too hard for the DEV's to do, oh well I still have a pretty big imagination it's just I feel like if there were more of these little touches I wouldn't get bored with my game like I do sometimes (especially when it seems redundant same traits, interactions and menu choices over and over and over etc.).

If the player just chose to not have all the little games and just gave one sim (say their favorite) the bed over the other then I think that would be a good reason for the other sim to be upset and angry they didn't get their way and based on their traits have interactions or whims that would last for a while.

I just wish there were more conflict vs. resolution scenarios for my sims to experience not just dramatic ones (like when sims cheat or for life events like marriage, birth or death) but even little every day ones.