Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In 2002 Will Wright said:

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    According to that video it was a surprised. He worked on what he loved. Just as it seems he is now.
    Its a shame that he had to leave The Sims but maybe he felt that, after TS2, the series was in safe hands as he inspired other developers with the vision which remained into TS3 and only stopped with TS4
    The Sims was a great trilogy...
    And it has been killed. :(
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Sims 1 and 2 were the best.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The forums are full of negativity and why I open certain threads I don't know...but now and then I will pipe in and speak. There are lots of us that enjoy this version of the game.

This thread is about Will Wright, someone I greatly admire. He comes across as positive and engaging and interested in everything. I truly doubt he would be hanging his head in his hands and crying over this or the last installment even if he didn't like it.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    According to that video it was a surprised. He worked on what he loved. Just as it seems he is now.
    Its a shame that he had to leave The Sims but maybe he felt that, after TS2, the series was in safe hands as he inspired other developers with the vision which remained into TS3 and only stopped with TS4

For you.

I really don't understand why so many people can't seem to understand that there are people who like this game. Actually, genuinely like it. I'm so tired of reading these absolutist statements about how the game is plum, it is dead etc. Maybe for you, but not for me.

And some people like to say this forum isn't full of negativity? It so is.
    Every post I make is MY opinion unless I state otherwise. I don't have to include "in my opinion" in each of my posts so calm your tatas. Jesus Christ.

The cumulative effect of so many people* phrasing these statements so strongly and without actually writing out any caveats is an atmosphere of negativity. Add to that so many statements about how awful the developers are, etc. Yes, it's your opinion. It's all opinion. My point is about the overwhelming feeling of negativity that the phrasing builds on this forum. I know people who are posting these things all are aware that they're posting opinion and that they all feel it comes from a good place and from good intentions. But any time any of the rest of us - who want to come here to share our enjoyment of the game - note the negative atmosphere being created, we're told there isn't one. Intention does not put rainbows and puppies around all those words. And those of us noting a negative atmosphere here aren't making that up out of nothing. A bit more couching of words and a bit less personalizing could go a long way to making all Simmers comfortable here. This isn't an attempt to shut people up. It's a request to acknowledge that words matter to those who see them. "So don't see them" doesn't work either. They're in topic titles, they're in topics that begin neutrally, they're in topics we might want to read because even though we enjoy the game we want improvements too.

*(this is not just about you, but it happened to be the post that crystallized the thought for me this morning)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

For you.

I really don't understand why so many people can't seem to understand that there are people who like this game. Actually, genuinely like it. I'm so tired of reading these absolutist statements about how the game is plum, it is dead etc. Maybe for you, but not for me.

It's not that I don't understand people actually love this game, it's I have hard time understanding if they really, really, really liked the TS1 and TS2 how they can really like the TS4 when it's not the same formula. TS3 started moving away from the 'formula' but more in they would not be as expressive which isn't the same as not emotional, with the dumbing down of the game and making it so easy we could just sit back and let the Sims run themselves. I don't really get if people loved 'The Sims' and 'The Sims 2' how they can actually bare the formula being changed from seeing a Sim behave or react and seem to 'feel' things and their response seem to be the correct one we might or would have in a situation, how they can actually love the moodlet system with text on the screen. See, that isn't part of the original concept formula, that's a new formula, and a buff system.

I don't know how they actually bare it, but have just learned to overlook it? Just deal with it? Wonder why the TS1 and TS2 don't have a buff system and or a moodlet system to tell the player what the Sim is feeling or what mood they are in? Because it wasn't known how to do that back then? I don't think so.

Do you suppose Will Wright might have been approached with an idea like that and then shown back to the office to discuss why that developer would be wrong in building his game that way since it is a life simulator, and they left happy knowing he was right?

Do you suppose since the other games are about life and bad things happen in life when we least expect it, and didn't plan it, and or are upset when it does in our lives that it's actually true it is because he said it was 'him' that made sure those things are in there, and he is the reason (according to him) why deviant players can find ways in the game to make their Sims very unhappy and set them on fire, wall them up, and or learn your Sim fixes something without skills they get killed was really because of him and he was telling the truth? Or why he felt it was part of his formula about life that Sims should get the flu and die.

Do people have many Sims in TS3 or TS4 actually dying from fire like on any given day if they cook without skills like in the TS1? Wonder why TS3 and TS4 decided it was not in the spirit of the game to allow Sims to die day one? I bet everybody can tell you the TS1 will kill your Sim dead if you make them 'cook' on day one without skills instead of choosing 'quick meal' til they learn some.

That's no longer part of what these games are about....the learning curve of life....risk something, risk your Sim getting killed. Lesson learned is the heart of The Sims in so many ways it can't be ignored.

I'm not unhappy people love the TS4, what I am unhappy about is they didn't continue the 'formula' of what this game original was based on, and were not clever enough to realize people wanted those lessons of life to be more challenging but still be about life, even a more mature game (not anything to do with nudity) but challenging the player to take care of their Sims better than to just change the games to Barbie's world, and no longer consider learning about life the good, bad and ugly was no longer what they wanted to do with the franchise.

I have a real hard time understanding if people love life simulator number one, how they actually embrace a buff and moodlet system. Conditioning?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    With the sims 4 they just dont seem to understand and they never will when their main target is money instead of the feeling and emotions this game brings. You just can't hide your true nature and it gets noticed. Its like a liar and a cheat will eventually get caught. And even faster by the good people, cause they focus on the right things and anything that isnt fitting in that area will be detected in a second. Thats why most of us see that this game isnt good and where its heading. We are the ones who know what a great game was and we know why. People/companies that dont have their first and ONLY eye for that will just fail.. fail and fail. No matter how hard they try. You can't cheat feelings and real emotions. It doesnt take new tactics to win over fans or to throw out another expansion that we might like. It takes honesty and love for the game just like we do and thats not something they are just focusing on. Dont come with stuff like its a company they need to win money, cause we all know there is a big difference in a little bakery that sells goods made with love and still survives on the good money it has made cause people like it and keep coming back for more or a franchise restaurant that sells crap food and has to cheat their food with all sorts of fake flavoring so people will love it.. it only attracts the people who blindly follow but it will never be as good as the little bakery! Who in the end lives more happy with its well earned money and is doing just fine. If you do good... good will come your way eventually! It never lets you down!

My philosophy for today..
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Thanks for posting that!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

For you.

It's not that I don't understand people actually love this game, it's I have hard time understanding if they really, really, really liked the TS1 and TS2 how they can really like the TS4 when it's not the same formula. TS3 started moving away from the 'formula' but more in they would not be as expressive which isn't the same as not emotional, with the dumbing down of the game and making it so easy we could just sit back and let the Sims run themselves. I don't really get if people loved 'The Sims' and 'The Sims 2' how they can actually bare the formula being changed from seeing a Sim behave or react and seem to 'feel' things and their response seem to be the correct one we might or would have in a situation, how they can actually love the moodlet system with text on the screen. See, that isn't part of the original concept formula, that's a new formula, and a buff system.

I don't know how they actually bare it, but have just learned to overlook it? Just deal with it? Wonder why the TS1 and TS2 don't have a buff system and or a moodlet system to tell the player what the Sim is feeling or what mood they are in? Because it wasn't known how to do that back then? I don't think so.

Do you suppose Will Wright might have been approached with an idea like that and then shown back to the office to discuss why that developer would be wrong in building his game that way since it is a life simulator, and they left happy knowing he was right?

Do you suppose since the other games are about life and bad things happen in life when we least expect it, and didn't plan it, and or are upset when it does in our lives that it's actually true it is because he said it was 'him' that made sure those things are in there, and he is the reason (according to him) why deviant players can find ways in the game to make their Sims very unhappy and set them on fire, wall them up, and or learn your Sim fixes something without skills they get killed was really because of him and he was telling the truth? Or why he felt it was part of his formula about life that Sims should get the flu and die.

Do people have many Sims in TS3 or TS4 actually dying from fire like on any given day if they cook without skills like in the TS1? Wonder why TS3 and TS4 decided it was not in the spirit of the game to allow Sims to die day one? I bet everybody can tell you the TS1 will kill your Sim dead if you make them 'cook' on day one without skills instead of choosing 'quick meal' til they learn some.

That's no longer part of what these games are about....the learning curve of life....risk something, risk your Sim getting killed. Lesson learned is the heart of The Sims in so many ways it can't be ignored.

I'm not unhappy people love the TS4, what I am unhappy about is they didn't continue the 'formula' of what this game original was based on, and were not clever enough to realize people wanted those lessons of life to be more challenging but still be about life, even a more mature game (not anything to do with nudity) but challenging the player to take care of their Sims better than to just change the games to Barbie's world, and no longer consider learning about life the good, bad and ugly was no longer what they wanted to do with the franchise.

I have a real hard time understanding if people love life simulator number one, how they actually embrace a buff and moodlet system. Conditioning?

Maybe people don't have the same definition of life simulator as you. The learning curve of life is not what TS1/TS2 was about for me. In fact I like the reduced rate of electocution/fire in TS4.

I personally genuinely like the buff system and think it does quite a good job at representing needs and feelings. I'm not overlooking it or dealing with it, I like it, there is not much that I liked about TS3 but the moodlets (and the traits) are one of the things I liked and I'm glad they kept it for TS4.

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2015
    @Cinebar
    I personally really, really, really loved The Sims and Sims 2. I was addicted from the get go. I passed over 3 out of disappointment and didn't cry over it, but that is my way.. to move on if I don't like something. I won't dwell in that it would do nothing for me to do so. I did grieve and played my older games from time to time and spent time on new games. I was happy to see a new Sims game come out when 4 hit the stores. I'm happy to say that I got a game I could love. Was I conditioned? By what.. not Sims 3.

I do not see it as you do. My very first sim died of a stove fire in Sims 1, after .. all day playing. I hadn't saved. The shock of it taught me not to play a certain way, or to save my game.
    In this installment they are faced with life challenges too, no they are not as miserable usually, but you can definitely make them miserable if you want too. I "deviant" play frequently for fun.. but I also have a family I want happy and fulfilled.. more than one actually, and I can do that too, without cheating at this point. I just have to watch them and care for them and direct them.

Will Wright left it to the player to make those bad story lines about abuse ect.. to happen. There are some things that are better left to the imagination, and you have to have it to bring your sims truly alive for yourself.

“There are a lot of issues that I hope we deal with at some point that we haven't up to now, for various reasons. Some technical, and some more political.” was something he said.

There are things you just cannot put in games... yet they the game makers still have to move forward. I'm happy they did.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »

For you.

Maybe people don't have the same definition of life simulator as you. The learning curve of life is not what TS1/TS2 was about for me. In fact I like the reduced rate of electocution/fire in TS4.

I personally genuinely like the buff system and think it does quite a good job at representing needs and feelings. I'm not overlooking it or dealing with it, I like it, there is not much that I liked about TS3 but the moodlets (and the traits) are one of the things I liked and I'm glad they kept it for TS4.

I do realize people like the buff and moodlet system. But my question remains if a person loves the original life simulator why they would embrace an rpg system? I'm very aware the games have moved away from the life simulator staring with R. Humble over the TS3, but to it's credit fans raised cane and they lightened up on many of those rpg features much later in the game, but no disrespect but I will never agree the life simulator 'The Sims Franchise for PC' should be riddled with rpg systems.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member

For you.

I do realize people like the buff and moodlet system. But my question remains if a person loves the original life simulator why they would embrace an rpg system? I'm very aware the games have moved away from the life simulator staring with R. Humble over the TS3, but to it's credit fans raised cane and they lightened up on many of those rpg features much later in the game, but no disrespect but I will never agree the life simulator 'The Sims Franchise for PC' should be riddled with rpg systems.

We aren't all experiencing it as a drastic change toward an RPG system compared to past versions. Yes, some people are, but that's by no means universal, as many people have explained based on their own experience in these forums.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sims 4 represents a return back 'to the roots'. So true. Just look at all of the loading screens.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

For you.

And besides that, it is possible to like more than one formula.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    Who here thought with Maxis return on Sims 4 that Will Wright was coming back? Oh the shame.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,619 Member
    Thank you for sharing that. I didn't begin my Sims "addiction" until August 2005, with the Sims2. Prior to that I had only dabbled with PC games and it was only one, a Star Trek kind of game. It was disappointing in the long run. But Sims2 captured me in a way nobody expected, certainly my family. It also brought me through a very rough time, inasmuch, as I lost 16 people in my own circle in a period of 2 1/2 years. Playing the game allowed me to "forget" for a time. I have to say TS2 was the best and in many ways I would return to it, but for the vastly improved CAS of TS4. TS3 was a hot mess, too many problems and the promised added intelligence of the new A.I. was an epic fail. Also, the Trait System I looked so forward to, really didn't pan out well (to answer the poster's question" what is the awful TS3 you speak about?")

I started hearing of this Will Wright, with very little understanding of just who he was. People mentioned the Sims was his brain-child, but that still limited my understanding. This little YT bio was great. I also wonder what his thoughts would be on TS4. While I do enjoy it, I don't play it everyday, either. Even with the problematic TS3, I still played daily. (Mind you, I had to mod it to the hilt to stabilize it, but I could never get my Sims to display any real personality, unlike the built-in personalities of TS2.) At least, in TS4, they talk autonomously at the table and appear more lively, up front. It's not all bad. I believe with some tweaking, it can be saved. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    It's really nice to see some of the stories people have brought up. When I was becoming acquainted with The Sims franchise I watched a lot of videos and found so much of life chronicled in them. You could feel the cathartic effect they had on the people who posted them. There were stories about runaways, 9/11, domestic situations and so much more. Some of the stories people came up with were amazing.

.....but the times change......

It seems the vision has switched to reality TV. In one of the recent posts someone posted a map with a spoof on the name Kardashian. I understood it immediately because I had read this article.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/27/sims-4-gaming-reality-tv

In reading this article I also wondered if the game was ever really played by some of the team. I saw this

So is there a responsibility here? In the past, sims were sort of like virtual pets; dumb things to feed, take to the toilet and, yes, sometimes abuse. People would place them in rooms with no doors, or drown them in swimming pools. But will that dynamic change, now that they have walking and facial animations that reflect the way they feel? In Sims 4, there is emotional feedback. There is, in some senses, reciprocity.

How many of you have been in the situation where you were forcing your Sim to do something, they would turn their face to the screen and look at you as if to say "You want me to do what?" ? I don't know about anyone else but in this version of the franchise I have more of an urge to trap Sims in a doorless room than I have ever had before.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Watching this made me realize what the biggest problem that I have with TS4 is - it lacks tools that allow me to create what I want. Yeah, I know that Create-a-Sim and Build Mode have been improved, but while those improvements allow the average user to make a decent build they also prevent the expert user from making amazing builds. Really, all the houses and Sims I have seen for TS4 look so much alike - it is boring!

But TS4 has no tools to tell stories, or recreate a user's experience or play with characters from movies, books or television. It's funny that EA claims that "You Rule!" with TS4 when the player is so restricted in what they can do. And, yes, some of the tools that I liked the most, like the memory/ scrapbook system from TS2, were also missing from TS3. But at least when I had my Sim throw a party in TS3 I controlled what happened to make the party successful - without being told 'mix 3 drinks', 'tell 5 jokes, 'talk to 2 people'.

At this point I think that the developers are deliberately ignoring what the old fans are saying. They are too caught up in their own "vision" and too proud to admit that they missed the mark completely. I'm so tired of hearing about how *I* have to change how *I* play the game. No, if you want my money, *you* have to make a game that *I* want to play. And TS4 is most definitely not that game.
  • Options
    Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    It's really nice to see some of the stories people have brought up. When I was becoming acquainted with The Sims franchise I watched a lot of videos and found so much of life chronicled in them. You could feel the cathartic effect they had on the people who posted them. There were stories about runaways, 9/11, domestic situations and so much more. Some of the stories people came up with were amazing.

It seems the vision has switched to reality TV. In one of the recent posts someone posted a map with a spoof on the name Kardashian. I understood it immediately because I had read this article.

In reading this article I also wondered if the game was ever really played by some of the team. I saw this

So is there a responsibility here? In the past, sims were sort of like virtual pets; dumb things to feed, take to the toilet and, yes, sometimes abuse. People would place them in rooms with no doors, or drown them in swimming pools. But will that dynamic change, now that they have walking and facial animations that reflect the way they feel? In Sims 4, there is emotional feedback. There is, in some senses, reciprocity.

How many of you have been in the situation where you were forcing your Sim to do something, they would turn their face to the screen and look at you as if to say "You want me to do what?" ? I don't know about anyone else but in this version of the franchise I have more of an urge to trap Sims in a doorless room than I have ever had before.

As a rule, I don't normally kill my sims. But then the vast majority are my creations.......so, they're not as annoying. I can think of a couple that died by my hand in TS2 simply because I couldn't tolerate the npc in the game any longer. Unfortunately in TS4......while I don't kill them, I cull nearly constantly when I do play the game.

I have often wondered if some of the team members had ever played or even watched any of the previous sims series. Too many of the nuances seem to zip right over their heads.

I don't hate TS4. I just can't play it very long before I want to face plant into my keyboard. I tired modding the heck out of it, but that only works until the latest patch breaks half your mods......and then it becomes a royal pain in the neck to keep attempting to mod it into a form I can play. I don't want to work to play a game. That isn't the point. I'm supposed to be having fun.

I'm glad there are people who like TS4. I'm glad there are people who still have hope for it's future development.

Unfortunately, I don't have much faith in it's future development after the first packs being released. They tend to say a ton about where the game is headed. And with the first packs, it seems to basically be headed no where. No changes were made to stabilize moods or to tweak depth of game play, no space was added for growing families/communities. We've got a base game engine that was designed for an online game. It so far appears we're going to be playing that online game, with all the restraints ect, without the requirement of it being online.

I hope that's not the case. I hope someone sees the light and rises to the challenge to develop this game into it's potential.

We're a stuff pack, game pack, and ep in and I don't see that happening. That isn't a good sign. That devs and EA are silent about future plans isn't a good sign.

I'm not hard to please. I'd be encouraged if they'd just stop releasing content long enough to actually fix all the current bugs and glitches before adding new content. But they can't even seem to cope with these problems.

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited May 2015
    Will Wright passes by Sims 4 in the store...
    Me (with hand covering the front of box): Look away Will, just look away.
    Will sadly shakes head and keeps walking

LOL I LOVE this!^^

For me the base game speaks volumes. It needs to be able to stand on it's own two feet. You should be able to play it and not feel "Oh, man, I really need that first EP to drop!" With The Sims I had no idea that people even created CC for it. I remember after I got the game when it first launched - I had no clue what the Sims where. I just picked it up because it was a virtual doll house!!! - I played it for seven months straight. Then I got online and I just happened to search for Sims items or something like that.

I found The Well Dressed Sim (oh the memories!) And that's what turned me onto CC and my downloading obsession. LOL I even joined the forum, made some friends and found out about this thing called an expansion pack. I asked why was it called that, and I was told because it enhanced the base game play. I ordered it - LL - and was hooked.

What's wrong for me with TS4 - and mind you, I don't hate the game. It's an o.k. game for me but it's not a true Sims game - is that even the base game is a shell of what came before it. And I remember clearly in the forums posts made by those who like and love the game, were asking about the first EP or SP or even a DLC store only a month after launch. They needed more items to give their sims things to do. They were starting to get bored.

And this takes me back to expansion, it's supposed to enhance the game play, it's supposed to build off of the base game. We shouldn't have to keep buying EPs and SPs just to make the game fun. That's not the point of those packs, or at least that wasn't the point in the past.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options

Problem is, Phoebes, I don't have a way for a quick kill in this game or the whole WC and OS would be littered with dead Sims, all over. They no longer look up at me to scream I have something blocking them, and or they don't want to wash dishes, or kiss fat lip boy in TS2, but I spend more time screaming at them, but they are unaware I am even there and they will never know it, because I can't reach my big hand in there and put them in a pool and watch them squirm...turn blue and die. >:) Or they are pretty much safe from my screaming at 'them' because I might plan to take away their sprinkler system when they least expect it..but nope, they are safe from me, it's just a burner that needs repaired.

They don't have to worry I will get so angry with them I will put spirits in their houses to scare the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of them, because you know, they like uncle Bob ghost cooking breakfast. They will never have to worry I might leave water on the floor and tell them to cook...they are safe from electrocution. The only thing I can do is maybe embarrass them and make them keel over from humiliation but just as I set it up, oh, plum, their mood switched to happy because there is table in the room. lol
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Problem is, Phoebes, I don't have a way for a quick kill in this game or the whole WC and OS would be littered with dead Sims, all over. They no longer look up at me to scream I have something blocking them, and or they don't want to wash dishes, or kiss fat lip boy in TS2, but I spend more time screaming at them, but they are unaware I am even there and they will never know it, because I can't reach my big hand in there and put them in a pool and watch them squirm...turn blue and die. >:) Or they are pretty much safe from my screaming at 'them' because I might plan to take away their sprinkler system when they least expect it..but nope, they are safe from me, it's just a burner that needs repaired.

They don't have to worry I will get so angry with them I will put spirits in their houses to scare the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of them, because you know, they like uncle Bob ghost cooking breakfast. They will never have to worry I might leave water on the floor and tell them to cook...they are safe from electrocution. The only thing I can do is maybe embarrass them and make them keel over from humiliation but just as I set it up, oh, plum, their mood switched to happy because there is table in the room. lol

How true. When I wrote about Sims "looking" at you I was thinking about one time I had Cornelia Goth on the side of her pool. She had just been aggravating and I thought it was time to add her to the family plot. Her needs were low, she was tired and I kept telling her to "get in the pool!!!". All she would do is turn her head and stare in my direction with a look that said "really? I don't think so." . Seriously made me laugh and she was spared.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    I honestly wonder how long EA will survive if they keep creating games for themselves and not for their customers. Or is SimCity the only game they've (legitimately) driven into the ground? I have no interest in the other titles they sell so I am curious.

Maybe they simply don't like us. God knows I've read enough condescending comments from the gurus over these last few months. Because, let's face it, if you don't like your own customers it doesn't matter what they say - good or bad.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Sorry, but I have a hard time accepting the fact that there are people who actually like this game the way it is, and who are willing to spend yet more money on it. It doesn't matter what anyone says, this isn't a true Sims game. It's an overgrown tablet game, nothing more.

But, be that as it may, those of you who wish we negative nellies would just dry up and blow away and leave this forum to you (along with all the other Sims 4 forums), don't worry...you'll get your wish eventually.

People *will* get tired of talking to a stone wall and just get up and walk away. It may not happen right away, but if the state of these forums is anything to go by...that day is not so far off. And then the sound of crickets (with the occasion chirp of a cheerful Sims 4 player who loves this game) will be the only sound/writing that is heard/seen on these forums...just like the SimCity 2013 forums.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!