Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amazon Challenge-Tribe Wahine 3/5

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @Nesoiancitizen Oh wow! So glad you like it and thank you for voting!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Lakeki’s throat closes as he sees three ominous women approaching the compound. He recognizes one of them from his history books—Queen Hanalani. Legend says she’s reached immortality as she’s over 100 suns old and still looks as if she’s in her twenties with long white hair, large golden eyes, and flawless dark skin. He doesn’t know the other two women. He must warn the Creator!

Screenshot_634.jpg

But he runs into his mother on the way. “Why didn’t you call off the Amazon Council? They are here and they don’t look pleased.”

Screenshot_625.jpg

“Hold on, Lakeki. I sent a note to them last week advising them that my suspicions were invalid. I’m as shocked as you are they are here.”

Screenshot_626.jpg

“What should we do? We can’t have them snooping around all the Sixamian affairs. They will not understand.”

Kaila shrugs. “What is wrong here? A few glowing plants and some machines that sputter and roar. That is not against Amazonian law. In fact, many tribes have geniuses who love to tinker with inventions. This one just has more than most. Do not worry, my son. I will speak to them and sooth their suspicions.”

Screenshot_629.jpg

“Too late. They are already speaking with Hawika now and it would be improper for you to butt in.”

Screenshot_627.jpg

“Welcome to Tribe Wahine. I am the Creator. What brings you to my humble tribe, dear sisters?” Hawika knows very well who they are and what they want, but she must put on a brave face. A Creator must never show fear. That was one thing her mother taught her very well.

Screenshot_632.jpg

Arms sweeping wide in a friendly gesture, the woman with white hair speaks, “I am Queen Hanalani and this is Raidah Munga of the east and Aurore Miller of the west. I bid you greetings and request a meeting with you, Creator Hawika.”

Screenshot_637.jpg

Raising her hand, Hawika says, “This is a highly unusual visit, but of course I will grant this request. Come and let us sit in my lovely gardens where it is cool from the shade of my many trees.”

“Excellent,” Hanalani says.

Screenshot_642.jpg

“But before we go, Raidah will take some samples of your unique garden plants. She is a Master Gatherer, Herbologist, Shaman, and Researcher and she has never seen specimens quite like these.” She scratches her head. “If you don’t mind, of course.”

Hawika knows the answer if she would refuse. She grits her teeth and says, “Take all you want, Lady Munga.”

Screenshot_639.jpg

Settling on the mats in the garden, Hawika spies the animosity covering Aurore’s face. She obviously hates the strange plants, but that is of no concern. It wasn’t against the law to grow unusual flora.

Screenshot_646.jpg

Quickly, Raidah went straight to work, harvesting only from the alien plants. She obviously knew all the rest.

Screenshot_650.jpg

“Let’s get down to business,” Queen Hanalani starts. “It has come to our attention that some rather suspicious activities are going on in this tribe. Not only has one of your tribe mates mentioned something to us, but we’ve had many complaints from others in the village that your garden casts off an eerie glow at night, and several villagers make a claims they saw evil spirits wandering in and out of your house.”

Screenshot_647.jpg

“Evil spirits?” Hawika scoffs. “Whatever do they mean? Have they come here and asked me? Investigated themselves? Otherwise, it sounds like jealous gossip! Our gardens, as you can see, are extensive and the interesting plants come from a hidden forest, deep inside a jungle from the north. One of my tribe mates comes from there. It is called Forest Sixam. They get very little light and the plants produce light themselves, just like fireflies or plankton in ocean bays. This is nothing evil or even unusual. Just rare.”

Screenshot_652.jpg

“Can you explain the many sightings of green, pointy eared devils, living on the premises? I’ve had many testimonies and I must say, they are not varied.”

Screenshot_651.jpg

Those women! Hawika thinks. I’ve told them never to shed their disguises. Why can’t they listen to me?

A pounding headache pierces through Hawika’s temples. It wasn’t Xorex for she is blue. She would need to send those ninnies back if they could not obey. Hawika throws up her hand. “Insanity abounds, your majesty. Insipid whispers of elder women with boring lives. They see our glowing plants and make up children’s tales. Pointy ears? Green skin? This is madness!”

Screenshot_653.jpg

The queen holds up her palm, “I agree, Creator. That is why we are here. To investigate for ourselves so we can squash these fantastical whispers once and for all. You have not helped yourself, I must say, as it is known throughout your village that you keep to yourselves. Your mother as her mother before her used to throw parties for everyone. Now, you are closed to the village. That can only foster distrust.”

Screenshot_654.jpg

“I run my tribe the way I see fit. My mother had a checkered past and I was not to make her mistakes. Many whispers abound about her generation, and I am not about to show up to gatherings only to hear spiteful talk. No, your majesty. It is my right to be closed off. As you can see, they invent tales out of malice and ignorance.”

“Very well. Point taken.” Hanalani surveys the garden and the surrounding space. “I wonder if we could take a look at that contraption in the backyard. It is most intriguing.”

“Whatever you wish,” Hawika says, pasting on a plastic smile. That was one object she did not want them to inspect.

Screenshot_655.jpg

“So what does this thing do exactly?” Hanalani asks.

Hawika smiles. “I actually do not know. One of my former slaves built it. It glows in much the same way as the plants in the garden. That is all.”

Screenshot_660.jpg

“Dear Creator,” the queen says, smirking. “Do you expect us to believe you allowed something to be built on your grounds without any knowledge of what it does? Ridiculous.”

“I’ll just figure it out,” Aurore speaks, venom coloring her voice. “I’m through dancing through decorum. Out of my way.”

Screenshot_665.jpg

“Do not touch that!” Hawika roars.

But it’s too late.

Aurore contacts the portal and it turns on, zapping her fingers. “Ahh!” she cries. “What’s happening?”

Screenshot_662.jpg

Hawika’s heart seems to beat out of her chest as she sees the familiar swirls in the portal. She prays it comes to nothing.

Screenshot_667.jpg

Queen Hanalani shudders. “What is that?”

Screenshot_671.jpg

Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    Dun dun DUN!
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    Oh plum!!!
  • Options
    s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    Is your tribe hawaiian? :) I noticed your tribe name is Wahine and you use some hawaiian names as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Is your tribe hawaiian? :) I noticed your tribe name is Wahine and you use some hawaiian names as well.

I wouldn't call it Hawaiian since there aren't any Hawaiian customs used, but yes, all names are Hawaiian (except for alien names). I used to live there and wanted that flavor! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    “Hello. I am Dal, son of Yug. You called?”

Screenshot_668.jpg

“So it’s true!” Aurore hisses. “You are an evil witch and these are your demon minions.”

“You will burn for this, witch,” Hanalani spits. “You and your whole tribe.”

Screenshot_670.jpg

Fear, anger, and confusion roil within Hawika. “You are gravely mistaken and ignorant. Leave my property before I lose my temper. NOW!”

Screenshot_673.jpg

“You will come to Council Hall by tomorrow night or our army will march on your land and torch everything and everyone in it,” Hanalani proclaims then marches off as Aurore quickly sprints away.

Screenshot_675.jpg

Screenshot_678.jpg

Hawika’s heart pounds in her temples. “Why did you come without your disguise, Dal? Did your father not tell you?”

Screenshot_681.jpg

“I am truly sorry, Creator. I did not know you would have strangers among you. I was excited to meet you.”

Screenshot_683.jpg

At this point, Yug appears through the portal. “Creator, is something wrong? I heard yelling after Dal answered your summons.”

“It couldn’t be more so. Your son came through the portal without his disguise. Did you not explain the gravity if a stranger were to see him this way? Now, the Amazon High Council, which is the governing body for all the Amazon, has witnessed him and thinks he’s an evil demon! They will burn my tribe tomorrow if I do not come to a hearing which will definitely spell death for me and all my tribe.”

Screenshot_684.jpg

“Dal,” Yug chatises, “we’ve gone over this, son. Why did you disobey?”

Dal’s lip quivers. “Truly, I didn’t realize they would have company. You told me yourself they never have strange visitors. I was excited to see them and forgot. I was finally not in school and at the portal when they contacted us.”

Screenshot_687.jpg

“Because of your disobedience, you have brought trouble to the great Tribe Wahine. You will help them in any way you can. Understood?”

“Yes, Father.”

Screenshot_685.jpg

“And for Maker’s sake, put on your disguise!” Yug adds.

Screenshot_688.jpg

Instantly, Dal whips into his disguise which looks like a smaller version of his father.

“We don’t have much time,” Hawika yells. “I must get my children safely to Sixam while we think about what is to be done.”

Screenshot_692.jpg

“I will gladly watch over them, Creator. Leave it to me,” Dal promises.

“And I will stay to help you, dear Hawika,” Yug says. “For I am most adept at mind control. Even more so than Lag or Kiva.”

Screenshot_694.jpg

“But you don’t understand!” Hawika waves her arms in frustration. “You are slaves! Slaves are not allowed at these hearings unless they are witnesses.”

Screenshot_695.jpg

“I’ll be a witness then, Hawika,” Yug begs. “If I can get close enough to them, I can put any thought into their mind. You will be safe, my dear Creator. But I need to come.”

Screenshot_699.jpg

“Can you erase the minds of this whole village? The whispers of these event will be all over by this time tomorrow.”

“If it comes to that. I’m sure your brother, Hagan the Genius, will come up with a plan. He is a great inventor. With time, he could think of a way.”

Hawika puts her hands on her hips. “My dear Yug. That is one luxury we do not have. By this time tomorrow, I will be in the pit of death unless a miracle happens.”

Screenshot_700.jpg

Hawika marches off to find her daughter and Xorex. Her sons are away at Lopaka’s tribe, visiting. She will get word to him to send them home.

Lakeki finds Yug and Dal and says, “How could you let this happen? I will hold you personally responsible if anything happens to my Creator.”

Screenshot_706.jpg

“Nothing will happen,” Yug assures. “I am a master at mind control. These Amazon women will do as I say. I can also wipe their memory. They will be confused as to why they’re even holding the hearing. But I have to get close to them somehow. I hope to become a witness.”

Screenshot_710.jpg

“If you don’t succeed, I will kill you with my bare hands,” Lakeki growls with a fist.

Screenshot_708.jpg

Fire seems to crawl up Yug’s throat. He has never been threatened like this before and by this rival for Hawika. If only she had truly chosen him, none of this would have happened. The Maker would not be against her as it is obvious he is for her breaking the Amazonian rules. He has to compose himself not to punch Lakeki right now for even allowing Hawika to make such a blunder.

“Do not worry, sir,” Dal says, trying to douse the man’s fury. “My father is most adept at mind control. He will succeed.”

Screenshot_711.jpg

Hawika rushes over and tells the slaves her plan to hide away her children and Xorex. At least they will be safe at Sixam. She asks Yug to contact her brother for she knows she will need him. Yug informs her that he is off planet and cannot be reached now, but he will try.

Screenshot_714.jpg

Xorex assures Hawika she will take care of Leia. “She will love my home planet. Do not worry, Creator. And I will say many prayers. All will be well.”

Screenshot_718.jpg

Giving some parting words to her little girl, Hawika says, “If something happens to me, Leia, you must be brave and not sad. You will be the new Creator of our tribe. In time, your uncle will try to reinstate you and this tribe. Do not cry for me but be strong and follow all of the Amazonian rules to the letter. Do you understand?”

Screenshot_722.jpg

“But Mommy, what are you saying? Nothing bad will happen to you.”

Screenshot_723.jpg

Tears clog Hawika’s throat and she says in a hoarse whisper, “I hope not, darling. Just do what cousin Xorex says until you are safely back home.” She kisses her daughter with love and fear for what is to come in her heart.

Screenshot_724.jpg

Next, Lakeki gives his thoughts to his daughter. “Listen to the Creator and be strong. Say many prayers for this tribe. Be the Creator Heiress you were born to be and make our tribe proud.”

“Yes, Master Lakeki,” Leia says. “I will do my best.”

Screenshot_727.jpg

Xorex and Dal take off their disguises and prepare to enter the portal.

Screenshot_725.jpg

Leia says one last good bye to her mother. “Don’t be sad, Mommy. Everything will be all right.”

Screenshot_726.jpg

Putting on a brave face, she says, “I love you.”

Screenshot_728.jpg

And then she walks through the portal to Sixam.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    THE FEELS are so deep right now!
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    It's intense! :'(
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    NesoiancitizenNesoiancitizen Posts: 4,344 Member
    It seems war is on the horizon. This story is getting so dramatic!
    JkN3z9U.gif
    Find me at Sims3.com. Username: Nesoiancitizen
    I'm also on Duolingo as carlaquest
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I'm worried about the tribe now... :o
    Hopefully it will end well.
  • Options
    O.O omg. =O
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Hey, all--hoping to update soon. Lots of work to do to set up the next few scenes so it may be a few days before the next episode. That said, there's only a few days left in the Spring Story Contest and I'm thrilled you've voted for my story. Thanks so much!

To get more people out there to read these amazing stories (all are wonderful--I feel incredibly lucky to be a part of this), would you mind copying and pasting the advert in my siggie into yours? It'll allow others to see the stories and vote. That's how I first got started writing was I saw someone's advertisement of the contest. I didn't even know stories like this existed!

Anyway, if you didn't know anything about the contest, please vote for your fav! Here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/831051/story-of-the-month-club-spring-edition-round-two#latest

(It's a tight battle right now! Eek! I'm biting my nails!) :#
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Hawika prepares Lakeki for what is to come. “You and Mano will stay and protect our land from any trespassers or looters. Word travels fast when a tribe is in trouble and there are those who love to take advantage.”

Screenshot_3_11.jpg

Lakeki squeezes Hawika’s hand. “No one will be allowed to step a sandal on our grounds. Do not worry, darling. All will be well. I’ll be waiting for you. Hurry back.”

Screenshot_2_11.jpg

Staring into her love’s eyes, Hawika wonders if this will be the last time she sees her home or her family. Drawing in a breath, she prays to the Maker for mercy. She doubts with what the council has seen that she will receive anything from them. All she can do is pray for a miracle.

Screenshot_6_10.jpg

All too soon, she arrives at the council building in the middle of the village with Yug, Kiva, and Lag. All aliens who could fight for her if necessary. So, why didn’t she feel confident?

Screenshot_9_9.jpg

Before entering, she gives orders. “Let me speak. I will allow you to bear witness only if things turn bad. Understand?”

“Yes, Creator,” her tribemates agree.

Hawika turns and mutters, “Let’s get this over with.”

Screenshot_8_10.jpg

They all take their places before the Amazon Council.

Queen Hanalani starts the proceedings.

Screenshot_10_11.jpg

“Creator Hawika,” the queen says, “you are accused of consorting with demons, performing evil magic, and delving into the occult, drawing in your whole tribe with your wicked ways. How do you plead?”

Screenshot_11_11.jpg

“Not guilty,” Hawika says, trying to sound like the noble Creator she is.

Screenshot_12_11.jpg

“How can you sit there and say you are not guilty when we saw one of your demons in our presence! Explain yourself!”

Screenshot_17_11.jpg

“I cannot help your ignorance nor should I have to explain since you were trespassing on my grounds, sticking your nose where it does not belong. I was not doing anything wrong! You happened to see a person of a different race. Different is not wicked.”

Screenshot_18_11.jpg

Queen Hanalani puts her hands on her hips. “You expect us to believe that statement? A different race? Since when do humans have blue skin, pointy ears, and no whites in their eyes? No. It was a demon. Demons have pointy ears and pit black eyes. Everyone knows this from the history books. If you have no more to defend yourself, I will save us all the time and pronounce judgment right now.”

Screenshot_20_11.jpg

At this, Yug barges to the front. “If I may, your majesty. I can bear witness to the events in question.”

“A slave is going to save Tribe Wahine? Doubtful, but I like your looks. Very well. Inspire me to change my mind.”

Screenshot_21_11.jpg

Grudgingly, Hawika goes to the bench to allow Yug to help. Anger sizzles within her as she doesn’t know how she will be able to save her tribe. She can only hope Yug will be able to transform their minds somehow.

Screenshot_23_11.jpg

Queen Hanalani says to Lady Munga, “Look at his perfect lips, blue eyes, and chiseled chin. When this is done, I’m taking him to my tribe. He will make a beautiful Creator Heiress for my granddaughter.”

Lady Munga says nothing.

Screenshot_22_11.jpg

Yug clears his throat. He cannot stand this Amazon queen, belittling him in such a way. Hawika and her tribe would never think such things about people as though they are property. Men have a duty in her tribe and there are strange rules compared to those of Sixam, but they do things with honor. There is no honor in this queen he fears. He must try to mix up her mind. “If I may,” he starts.

Screenshot_25_11.jpg

“Yes, slave,” Hanalani says, sighing. “We’re listening.”

“I am of this same race Hawika is speaking about. I’m from Sixam. We have the ability to change our form. You actually saw my son, Dal. He apologizes that he did not put on his form that would not upset you. For this, I am truly sorry. It is nothing to fear. It is just our way. Different from your ways, my queen.”

Screenshot_28_10.jpg

“You expect me to believe that blue, ugly creature to be your son? I am not stupid. But you are if you think this explanation will save your Creator.”

At this, Yug bends his mind to hers, but it is like busting through a brick wall. Her mind is not penetrable. He tries over and over to no avail.

Suddenly, the queen buckles over. “What is happening? My head suddenly hurts. Be gone from me, slave, before I change my mind and throw you in the pit with your cursed Creator.”

Screenshot_27_10.jpg

Hawika drops down onto the cushion again, mind swirling on how she can possibly save herself or her tribe.

“If you have nothing more to say, the sun is setting not only here but on your tribe, Creator Hawika. I will give you one last chance to save yourself.”

Screenshot_32_9.jpg

Hawika’s eyebrows knit and she feels the power within her as the Creator of Tribe Wahine. “You do not want to listen to truth. I have come here with nothing but and I will die by it, if necessary. But mark my words. The very people you call demons will rise against you if you do anything to me or my tribe. You will be killed along with your whole tribe so tread cautiously, Queen Hanalani, in sentencing me to death for doing nothing wrong.”

Screenshot_41_6.jpg

The queen throws her hand at Hawika and proclaims, “By the power invested in me as queen of the Amazon realm, I hereby sentence you, Creator Hawika, to die in the pit of death at the Temple by sunrise tomorrow. Your tribe, lands, and people will be divvied out to the village and they can do with them as they see fit. I will not hold any slayings against them. Tribe Wahine will cease to exist as will you.”

Screenshot_40_7.jpg

Yug shouts, “You will not get away with this!”

Screenshot_38_6.jpg

Suddenly, the Grim Reaper mists into the throne room.

Screenshot_45_6.jpg

Hey, guys! There's only one more day to vote and the competition is FIERCE! If you haven't voted for your favorite, please do! The winning story gets a showcase on the EA blog! Click here and VOTE! Spring Story Contest

Love you! Pammie
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    SelychanSelychan Posts: 279 Member
  • Options
    ..... :o
    HmypxT0.png
  • Options
    SelychanSelychan Posts: 279 Member
    Oh goodness, I posted the comment while you were posting the episode...
    ...I am trembling about thinking of Hawika's and the tribe's fate :s
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I know! It's hard...to...watch...

I also wanted to give a shout out of thanks to @Heledriel for letting me borrow her wickedly beautiful Creator for my Amazon queen. Of course her character is different, but she fits so perfectly! She makes me shake in my boots when I'm capturing her in pics! Love those eyes! <3>:)<3

Screenshot_42_6.jpg

Also, if you want that throne room/chapel, you can get it here. It's set up as a chapel but you can easily rearrange it as a throne room, if you wish. There's no cc in the original.

http://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/909D4BE3AD8811E48C2EAF055D109DDF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=pammiechick&max=25

Here's a link to the slideshow to show you what's inside: http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/buildnshare11?sort=6

Screenshot_35.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    LoneOnyxStardustLoneOnyxStardust Posts: 397 Member
    hnng im so behind in this story i gotta go and chatch up but i like where youve taken it in the lat two chapters

all the feels :'(
    Check out my gallery Origin ID LoneOnyxStardust

• Options
    hnng im so behind in this story i gotta go and chatch up but i like where youve taken it in the lat two chapters

all the feels :'(

Thank you @LoneOnyxStardust ! It's getting amped up right now!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    That lot is fabulous! :o
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    LoneOnyxStardustLoneOnyxStardust Posts: 397 Member
    That lot is fabulous! :o
    isn't it just !
    Check out my gallery Origin ID LoneOnyxStardust

• Options
    Thank you! It's nice when I can alter the challenges to fit my story. Most builds never allow for this. And I'm too lazy to build on my own for the story. I'm hoping a future challenge will force me to redo the Wahine women's compound. It's getting out of hand, but I can't destroy those gardens, so I'll just have to start over somehow.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Hawika!!! What's Hagen going to do about this? Kaila is such a plum! She started this! I hate her.
  • Options
    Kaila is a plum! She's the worst of people--I've put in all the qualities of people I don't like. ;) I'm hoping to play a little tonight so maybe I'll get to post the next episode tomorrow. Then it's mother's day weekend and I'll be spending time with my children!!! <3 Otherwise, we'll have to wait until middle of next week. I've got a deadline at work looming, too.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg