Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 six months on...

Comments

• Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Hahaha, you know, in Sims 3 ITF, if you accidentally zapped a plumbot while tuning it up, it would grab the wrench from your sim and zap him right back, along with having a friendship loss.

Now that's a reaction. Sad when an "emotionless" plumbot has more emotion than an actual sim in Sims 4.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I suspect that what triggered all the aliens, was visiting the alien world. Just a hunch. I think once you "unlock" the aliens by visiting, they flood the world. I believe we have had similar issues in the previous iterations too haven't we? Like vampires, once a person in Sims 2 was turned, up to a certain percentage of your population was autonomously turned. It opens a door up.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    gayars wrote: »
    I suspect that what triggered all the aliens, was visiting the alien world. Just a hunch. I think once you "unlock" the aliens by visiting, they flood the world. I believe we have had similar issues in the previous iterations too haven't we? Like vampires, once a person in Sims 2 was turned, up to a certain percentage of your population was autonomously turned. It opens a door up.

I wish I could both like and dislike your post :confounded: Like it because I think you're theory is spot on, and dislike it because: seriously, no no and no... I don't want aliens flooding my game and getting my normal sims culled.

I hope that you're wrong, but I bet 10 to 1 that you're right. Arrrrrgh! :weary:
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    gayars wrote: »

Well just like a door has the ability to be opened, it should have the ability to be closed as well.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Bad programming. They need to have an option to turn off/on or set percentages for aliens in the normal world, like we had the option to turn off celebrity status for played sim and other supernaturals in Sims 3.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah the culling set up in the base game is going to kill the game as each new GP and SP brings in more and more Sims. Why I like the no culling mod so I don't have that programming problem.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah the culling set up in the base game is going to kill the game as each new GP and SP brings in more and more Sims. Why I like the no culling mod so I don't have that programming problem.

That is one thing that would really annoy me. One thing I wouldn't like is my game deleting my Sims
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited March 2015
    Side note in response to that picture: Who at EA thought a toilet spouting water when broken and preventing anybody from using it would be funny?

It would have been hilarious if the toilet was still usable while spouting.

I could see a slob sim using a broken toilet like that and claim it as a low-budget bidet. Guys could still at least use it of course guys (well IRL) go anywhere they want. I like the way that previous games handled broken toilets it was realistic.

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Shaobun wrote: »
    What did TS3 do right and where has TS4 gone wrong?
    TS4 assumes we want to be told what to do and how to do it. I saw a quote from an EA executive that was basically "games are too hard, nobody wants to sit for 2 hours to learn how to play a game." I think if a game can be learnt and mastered in 2 hours than it's not going to hold my attention for long. I like being challenged and learning. They're making games with no learning curve or depth because that's what they assume gamers want. I think they're wrong (it's tic-tac-toe vs chess, which one gets played longer?)
    Yep, same here. I love adventure games like the Myst series and I used to play with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. You need to learn months and months until you can fly the "real" way. This simulator was so realistic, even professional pilots used it for private training (I took part in the community back then). It kept me busy for many years even though you "just" fly from A to B but doing that needs everything which a real pilot also needs to do (flight planning, checks, navigation, flying skills, knowing the rules, communication).

Luckily, we are seeing a surge in the mantra of "A game being harder doesn't make it bad" - Dark Souls 1/2, XCOM, Star Citizen, Shovel Knight, etc. Steam is literally littered with cheap, well made games that have significant difficulty curves to them while still trying to hold your hand just long enough to laugh and kick you into the pit of "AMG I THINK I'M ON FIRE".

FTL (Faster Than Light) is the most simple game on paper but literally kicked my butt for 2 weeks before I finally BARELY beat it once. On easy.

Homeworld Remastered just relaunched and actually got HARDER in certain missions depending on how well you did before it.

The problem is this mentality doesn't equal mass market appeal - it doesn't resonate with your shareholders/misguided people in the chain who simply see "It's too hard, it'll turn the regular gamer off so let's make sure it's easily accessible"

I think talking about difficulty in the Sims world is kind of moot though - no Sims game has ever been HARD outside of self-imposed challenges by the players themselves. So that whole discussion of "making games easier" has literally no bearing on the Sims world as it stands.

I think there are difficulty levels to the Sims. The first one was hard and people complained about it. There literally wasn't enough time in the day to do some tasks and take care of needs. So in TS2 they got rid of some stuff like watering the indoor plants. TS2 was I think on the cusp of perfection where you had enough time to take care of needs and have time to do other activities. But people still complained that it was too hard. Then TS3 came out and it was nearly impossible to accidently kill a Sim. The whole dynamic of the game changed and catered to the "I don't want to play, I just want unlimited everything and a perfect life" crowd. The huge difference is that in the past, those people were considered the cheaters and cheats were put in to please them. Now they only appease cheaters and hardly create a game. And TS4 is very evident of that.

I actually modded TS2 and TS3 to be harder, not easier. Many people did. They really should go back to their roots and force cheaters to use cheats like before. Is it really that bad to type in a cheat code?

Yes and no, TS3 is never 'too easy' but it removed some of the grinds I felt in TS2. As for accidently killing a Sim? I am sure I am not the only one who had a Sim rant about death with the megaphone in University and then be taken by surprise when the Grim Reaper showed up...

I've only witnessed a sims die 3 times in my TSM3 one got resurrected (and oddly enough only seemed to happen after visiting the forums and reading posts about that type of thing not happening as much in their games) another one was just their time to go the other was an NPC who wouldn't stop their singing career to go eat while my sims were on vacation but my game crashed and when I replayed the tomb the scenario didn't happen again so I'm not sure it actually counted.

Now I'm a heavy Sims player so this should have happened a few more times than 3 (I will admit to having every life stage set on high but still accidental deaths happened more even in a console game). I hate to think of my sim dying but at the same time it isn't as challenging to play knowing you can't easily kill them. They could have at least given us a way to adjust how easy or hard we want it to be to keep our sims alive like (in the options menu where you can set sim age length) you should be able to assign percentage points to how often overall your sims will die from accidents and maybe even assign percentage points per trait like daredevils could be more likely to die from accidental deaths or those with the unlucky or clumsy trait.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    In Sims 4 the manuals have turned into that annoying tutorial that just goes on way too long. Expect your doctor to also have to cure 7 sims, stare at a skeleton 5 times and talk to another doctor 2 times for his promotion.

You can't visit the hospital and jail. The hospital is only available to a sim about to give birth so no check ups either :/

I can just see the time meter for staring at the skeleton too. Although, what if the the promotions are like silver gold batches in TS2? Perhaps you do have to do something X number of times/hours and depending on traits (not too confident about this as they don't matter in the base game tbh) some sims can accomplish the goals faster than others. I love love loved that sims had to learn how to use a cash register in OFB, and that new sims would annoy customers in the queue with their slow searching for the right button... been there; done that--SO TRUE. I also liked the badge system in TS2 immensely and would welcome it back in TS4. Sure, no one wants to read "Do X for Y hours" when they are playing the game, but this is exactly what we did for TS2 and without the explicit direction we were/are able to have fun with it. Perhaps the future EPs will direct us without a needless dialogue box telling us to "Do X for Y hours".

I haven't seen any additional information on GTW that would indicate that the developers are not going in this direction, so I won't make assumptions that it will be a repeat of the base game. Colour me optimistic.
    NOTICE: we've been getting reports about this thread and all the off-topic posts. Please keep On Topic otherwise we will have to close it down.

Q.E.D. :unamused:

Did you ever play Sims Busting Out? I did on the console and the one thing I can say about the way they did goals or tasks was that though they had them they didn't tell you how to accomplish them and so the player had to figure that out for themselves. Yes, it made it challenging but once you accomplished the goals you actually felt like you had accomplished something. I think that's how 4 should do it and if people can't figure out what to do then have resources for their sim to research about their task that will give the player hints on what to do to accomplish the goal or task. Like they could get on the computer and browse the web for info that could help them out (an idea that was used in the the Nancy Drew games for the pc, if Nancy was stumped she could look up info on her phone by browsing the web that would give her info about subjects related to her problem at hand)
  • Options
    Jenzup wrote: »
    In Sims 4 the manuals have turned into that annoying tutorial that just goes on way too long. Expect your doctor to also have to cure 7 sims, stare at a skeleton 5 times and talk to another doctor 2 times for his promotion.

You can't visit the hospital and jail. The hospital is only available to a sim about to give birth so no check ups either :/

I can just see the time meter for staring at the skeleton too. Although, what if the the promotions are like silver gold batches in TS2? Perhaps you do have to do something X number of times/hours and depending on traits (not too confident about this as they don't matter in the base game tbh) some sims can accomplish the goals faster than others. I love love loved that sims had to learn how to use a cash register in OFB, and that new sims would annoy customers in the queue with their slow searching for the right button... been there; done that--SO TRUE. I also liked the badge system in TS2 immensely and would welcome it back in TS4. Sure, no one wants to read "Do X for Y hours" when they are playing the game, but this is exactly what we did for TS2 and without the explicit direction we were/are able to have fun with it. Perhaps the future EPs will direct us without a needless dialogue box telling us to "Do X for Y hours".

I haven't seen any additional information on GTW that would indicate that the developers are not going in this direction, so I won't make assumptions that it will be a repeat of the base game. Colour me optimistic.
    NOTICE: we've been getting reports about this thread and all the off-topic posts. Please keep On Topic otherwise we will have to close it down.

Did you ever play Sims Busting Out? I did on the console and the one thing I can say about the way they did goals or tasks was that though they had them they didn't tell you how to accomplish them and so the player had to figure that out for themselves. Yes, it made it challenging but once you accomplished the goals you actually felt like you had accomplished something. I think that's how 4 should do it and if people can't figure out what to do then have resources for their sim to research about their task that will give the player hints on what to do to accomplish the goal or task. Like they could get on the computer and browse the web for info that could help them out (an idea that was used in the the Nancy Drew games for the pc, if Nancy was stumped she could look up info on her phone by browsing the web that would give her info about subjects related to her problem at hand)

No, I've never played Sims Busting Out, that was a console game, yes? TS2 is like that, and in some cases like dinner with the headmaster, it will occasionally drop hints of how to score points. However, how you succeed is 100% up to you. I always laughed when I read about people not being able to get their kids into private school and asking for tips. For me that one was easy, however, having a rocking good time with someone you met at a club or lodge and invited to hang out, that was always challenging and I usually end up playing that challenge repeatedly to learn the trick (I bet there are fans who are laughing right now thinking... "but that is so easy") I think it has a lot to do with game play. I'm a family-player so my homes are always decorated with clutter and things that make a house or an apartment look homey. This ups the room scores. My families are usually large which means, there's a lot of lively conversation at the table (ups the dinner score) and since the head master has to come over and the babies keep popping out, a strong relationship develops with the npc (ups the overall score). I don't play a lot of single sims, so partying with a stranger that you're not romantically interested in is a challenge for me in game play.

See how much more complex and interesting a game is when it isn't forcing players to do X and do Y to achieve goals?! I wish the devs would just knock it off with their "accomplishments" coding, or at least make it optional in the sense of instead of asking players to ignore the pop ups, there should be an option to disable them entirely and just focus on the score. These tasks are annoying.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

No, I've never played Sims Busting Out, that was a console game, yes? TS2 is like that, and in some cases like dinner with the headmaster, it will occasionally drop hints of how to score points. However, how you succeed is 100% up to you. I always laughed when I read about people not being able to get their kids into private school and asking for tips. For me that one was easy, however, having a rocking good time with someone you met at a club or lodge and invited to hang out, that was always challenging and I usually end up playing that challenge repeatedly to learn the trick (I bet there are fans who are laughing right now thinking... "but that is so easy") I think it has a lot to do with game play. I'm a family-player so my homes are always decorated with clutter and things that make a house or an apartment look homey. This ups the room scores. My families are usually large which means, there's a lot of lively conversation at the table (ups the dinner score) and since the head master has to come over and the babies keep popping out, a strong relationship develops with the npc (ups the overall score). I don't play a lot of single sims, so partying with a stranger that you're not romantically interested in is a challenge for me in game play.

See how much more complex and interesting a game is when it isn't forcing players to do X and do Y to achieve goals?! I wish the devs would just knock it off with their "accomplishments" coding, or at least make it optional in the sense of instead of asking players to ignore the pop ups, there should be an option to disable them entirely and just focus on the score. These tasks are annoying.

I liked the dinner with the headmaster challenge I failed a couple of times and what I had to eventually make sure was that even if my sims house wasn't the most richly decorated or the food cooked absolutely fabulous (I think I had one family get the kids into school and only fixed a salad) but that the house was 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and span the meters on my sims family (the entire family which made it quite a challenge) were as close to green as possible. Then when my sims schmoozed or tried to make conversation it made up for what the home or meal lacked in luxury.

I have to admit though that my richer families seemed like they hardly had to try, it was like put a nice meal down and the house almost finished off the deal and in a couple of cases I guess my sims were well off enough to not even have to schmooze. A couple of times however it was like they just needed a couple of points to win the challenge and because I chose the wrong interaction it actually ticked the headmaster off and I had to invite him over again, but that was the appeal of trying with each family, well not only did I feel like I wanted the best for my sims children, but that you never knew how the dinner with the headmaster was going to go and it almost always was a surprise even though you pretty much had to use the same formula to do it.

ETA OH MY GOODNESS I CAN'T EVEN SAY S-P-I-C IN RELATION TO SPAN TO MAKE MY POINT ABOUT HAVING A CLEAN HOME WITHOUT THE CENSOR TURNING IT TO PLUM???? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! I reread what I put and even though I wrote it I couldn't even understand what I was trying to say let alone someone else thank you censor for making it nice and easy to communicate. (I guess they took the eye roll emoticon away? :'( )
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    I'm reminded of an Einstein quote.
    Here's the quote I'm reminded of 6 months into this game.....
    QS_0ffa066544814611b1e526075c06ba2a.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

I liked the dinner with the headmaster challenge I failed a couple of times and what I had to eventually make sure was that even if my sims house wasn't the most richly decorated or the food cooked absolutely fabulous (I think I had one family get the kids into school and only fixed a salad) but that the house was 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and span the meters on my sims family (the entire family which made it quite a challenge) were as close to green as possible. Then when my sims schmoozed or tried to make conversation it made up for what the home or meal lacked in luxury.

I have to admit though that my richer families seemed like they hardly had to try, it was like put a nice meal down and the house almost finished off the deal and in a couple of cases I guess my sims were well off enough to not even have to schmooze. A couple of times however it was like they just needed a couple of points to win the challenge and because I chose the wrong interaction it actually ticked the headmaster off and I had to invite him over again, but that was the appeal of trying with each family, well not only did I feel like I wanted the best for my sims children, but that you never knew how the dinner with the headmaster was going to go and it almost always was a surprise even though you pretty much had to use the same formula to do it.

ETA OH MY GOODNESS I CAN'T EVEN SAY S-P-I-C IN RELATION TO SPAN TO MAKE MY POINT ABOUT HAVING A CLEAN HOME WITHOUT THE CENSOR TURNING IT TO PLUM???? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! I reread what I put and even though I wrote it I couldn't even understand what I was trying to say let alone someone else thank you censor for making it nice and easy to communicate. (I guess they took the eye roll emoticon away? :'( )

And that is the beauty of well thought out game. Inviting the headmaster may have been the only unmodded way to get your sim kids in to private school, but the way the developers designed the game, the game play was always a unique experience for the players. This is the same with dates and going on outings with friends.

I think the retail aspect of GTW is going to be pretty awesome based on the walk through I saw; granted there are some short cuts (like no queues or shopping bags, so poses will have to be used in story telling), but if you read the Ask a Guru thread, SimGuruGraham mentioned the feedback about OFB and used that as his basis for retail aspect of GTW. I wish the gurus would stop trying to recreate an entirely new game and build the foundation (well, now TS5 since it's too late for TS4) off of the best aspects of the past iterations and then add something radically new to that!

They should definitely bring back private schools and the headmaster... and build on what already exists--i.e., do it like TS2 then do more than TS2. Like once your sim kid gets accepted to private school, you can optionally go with them (like active careers) if you choose and have them skill, like putting on a play (charisma points), drawing/crafts (art), playing the flute/clarinet/sax/cymbals in a school band (music), taking a subject test (they could even add a mini chance card quiz game in this... with silly questions and random skill rewards or deductions for failure). There is so much that can be done with schools (but the devs should first look at how fans have played schools in the past).

Basically, I think that the devs should really focus on building that strong foundation they talked about (because it's not a strong foundation at all right now), but make it a strong foundation that fans are familiar with. And then once fans have their standard sims game that everyone can agree to love, EA should give them entirely new features never seen before.
  • Options
    WhitebunnyWhitebunny Posts: 6 New Member
    I don't care for toadlers.
    I don't miss having to wait 10 mins to load the game and have it glitch every 5 minutes because OPAN WORLD!! and CASt, i mean if i want something real bad i can just make a custom object in S4s or download a mod.

I'm having tons of fun playing sims 4 right now, and can't wait for g2w.

Sometimes i come read the forums and wonder if i'm playing the same game as most people lol, it's like a dystopic dream in here.
    I get it that this game has problems just like any other game i've played, but man this forum is chock-full of snideness, sarcasm and negativity;
    And it's not like Ea ain't doing anything about it either.

That said i'm 100% sure the game could improve in many many ways, but overall i feel like it's just getting better with each patch and ep :)

Just my opinion ok ? Don't hurt me <3
  • Options
    yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    Whitebunny wrote: »
    Just my opinion ok ? Don't hurt me
    No one is going to hurt you love. Keep enjoying TS4. o:)
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    I don't miss having to wait 10 mins to load the game and have it glitch every 5 minutes because OPAN WORLD!! and CASt, i mean if i want something real bad i can just make a custom object in S4s or download a mod.

Sometimes i come read the forums and wonder if i'm playing the same game as most people lol, it's like a dystopic dream in here.
    I get it that this game has problems just like any other game i've played, but man this forum is chock-full of snideness, sarcasm and negativity;

That said i'm 100% sure the game could improve in many many ways, but overall i feel like it's just getting better with each patch and ep :)

I think most of those who do come to this forum and enjoy the game stay away the general discussion and feedback sections. They come to get general info and game-playing tips, ask questions, look for updates, etc. Then you have others playing and enjoying who stay far away from the sims forums. So don't let the criticisms get to you. Get out while you can. :)
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member

No one will hurt you over your opinion about the game lol. I wished I enjoyed the game like you did. As long as you enjoy the game, that's all that really matters.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Simulator4 wrote: »

I think most of those who do come to this forum and enjoy the game stay away the general discussion and feedback sections. They come to get general info and game-playing tips, ask questions, look for updates, etc. Then you have others playing and enjoying who stay far away from the sims forums. So don't let the criticisms get to you. Get out while you can. :)

I think that is sad. I also think the "get out while you can" is bad advice. A board with balanced opinions is best for new visitors and potential buyers who come here to learn more about the game.

I think a lot of fans of TS4 feel they need to defend it, and I think this is unnecessary and primarily wherein the frustration for TS4 fans comes. Instead of talking about game play and specific features, I see more often posts saying "give the game a chance" or "what is wrong with this game" or "why do you hate this game so much" or "you all are just wrong/haters/a bad community/annoying". Any time you ask people who are dissatisfied with something "Why?" expect an answer or rather a flood of answers. This is how the most negative threads tend to start. Any time you attack a person for their opinions, well... expect drama. So instead of inviting negative opinions to your thread, just make threads that people who refuse to play the game can't comment on.

To be fair, perhaps having a gripe enables people to be more specific and articulate about their dislikes rather than just liking something and not really knowing why, but just enjoying it. Perhaps popping in occasionally to say: "today this happened in my game and it was pretty awesome" could balance out the general discussions thread or change the tone of the forum entirely. I will say GTW has changed the tone of the forum quite a bit, which always brings me back to the point that if the game is a decent game, the feedback will be reflective of this.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Get out while you can was a joke. Hence the smiley face. I debated on Run Forest, Run, but wasn't sure the OP would have gotten the reference since we have people of all ages and nationalities on the forum.
  • Options

I think that is sad. I also think the "get out while you can" is bad advice. A board with balanced opinions is best for new visitors and potential buyers who come here to learn more about the game.

I think a lot of fans of TS4 feel they need to defend it, and I think this is unnecessary and primarily wherein the frustration for TS4 fans comes. Instead of talking about game play and specific features, I see more often posts saying "give the game a chance" or "what is wrong with this game" or "why do you hate this game so much" or "you all are just wrong/haters/a bad community/annoying". Any time you ask people who are dissatisfied with something "Why?" expect an answer or rather a flood of answers. This is how the most negative threads tend to start. Any time you attack a person for their opinions, well... expect drama. So instead of inviting negative opinions to your thread, just make threads that people who refuse to play the game can't comment on.

To be fair, perhaps having a gripe enables people to be more specific and articulate about their dislikes rather than just liking something and not really knowing why, but just enjoying it. Perhaps popping in occasionally to say: "today this happened in my game and it was pretty awesome" could balance out the general discussions thread or change the tone of the forum entirely. I will say GTW has changed the tone of the forum quite a bit, which always brings me back to the point that if the game is a decent game, the feedback will be reflective of this.
    Yeah it is bad advice and never helps the Sims telling people to get off forums no matter how they feel about the game. See what helps me like the Sims 4 is when Simmers actually share stories and pictures of their Sims and their discoveries in the game. Any post that uses the word "hater" or the phrase, "if you hate the game so much, why are you on forums?" I can't take seriously and I tend to report those type of comments. If people love the game, they shouldn't get on defense mode and attack other Simmers in which the game hasn't clicked for them yet. All it does is start drama. It just might take quite a lot of patches for Simmers to enjoy the Sims 4 or even consider buying the game. I know a lot of Simmers are waiting on toddlers before giving the Sims 4 a good chance because they don't want to feel ripped off of never having a life stage they have been using for 10 years. I don't like posts that say "you always complain or you are always negative" because I find those comments negative and spammy and off-topic. It's like if Simmers love the game, show Simmers why you love it and don't attack them if they disagree with you. Just say "oh we play differently and that is cool". Keep it positive. The Sims forums are actually tame still compared to other sites and some MOBA games like LOL. I love the threads that have humor in them. Like the emotion one with Mr. Sausage is done really well. There is something powerful about visuals of the Sims sometimes.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Yeah it is bad advice and never helps the Sims telling people to get off forums no matter how they feel about the game. See what helps me like the Sims 4 is when Simmers actually share stories and pictures of their Sims and their discoveries in the game. Any post that uses the word "hater" or the phrase, "if you hate the game so much, why are you on forums?" I can't take seriously and I tend to report those type of comments. If people love the game, they shouldn't get on defense mode and attack other Simmers in which the game hasn't clicked for them yet. All it does is start drama. It just might take quite a lot of patches for Simmers to enjoy the Sims 4 or even consider buying the game. I know a lot of Simmers are waiting on toddlers before giving the Sims 4 a good chance because they don't want to feel ripped off of never having a life stage they have been using for 10 years. I don't like posts that say "you always complain or you are always negative" because I find those comments negative and spammy and off-topic. It's like if Simmers love the game, show Simmers why you love it and don't attack them if they disagree with you. Just say "oh we play differently and that is cool". Keep it positive. The Sims forums are actually tame still compared to other sites and some MOBA games like LOL. I love the threads that have humor in them. Like the emotion one with Mr. Sausage is done really well. There is something powerful about visuals of the Sims sometimes.

Did you even read my reply? I said it was joke. Can you ever forgive me??? This is exactly how things get blown out of proportion.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

Did you even read my reply? I said it was joke. Can you ever forgive me??? This is exactly how things get blown out of proportion.
    I think she was speaking in general. Calm down.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

Well, I do love Forest Gump. If you ever go to a Baba Gump restaurant, they have signs of "Run Forest Run" and "Stop Forest Stop" for the waiters. I read the reply now since it wasn't updated when I posted. No worries, we are cool. Humor does help a lot in forums. It's just hard to tell serious from sarcastic posts sometimes on text, so it's just a misunderstanding. Don't worry I'm find forgiving and forgetting. I'm really good at forgetting things. XD
  • Options

@Simulator4, no worries. I don't think s/he was referring your thread specifically. :smile: