Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 six months on...

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »

Here's my thing. I am trying to avoid using any CC since I know I tend to go overboard with it and it does affect performance at some point. I want EA/Maxis to make these things and add them to an update/EP/SP. Dishwashers and washer/dryers are appliances real people use every day. Sure, not everyone has them but the vast majority of people do. So there really is no reason for them to not be a part of the game other than Maxis don't wanna. :|
    I do too sometimes, but without the CAST and color wheel, I kind of need it for the grass to look nice and for my Sims to have different looking hairs. The black hairs stink and look greyish, the white hair doesn't like white, and I want some ombre hair colors. I figure EPs and GPs are going effect performance anyway and if the Sims 4 can't handle a few CCs now, it's going to need a lot more work, so interesting to test out performance early on with mods and CCs sometimes. I use trusted sites like MTS and Sims Resource mostly. I do want those appliances and newspapers and real telephones back. I'm kind of getting the feeling that is why a lot of features aren't being added back. Only thing I need to make sure of is to take out my CCs and mods before doing a patch and put them back in. I've been a fan of mods since the Sims 2 and I don't think it is going to go away anytime soon. Plus the Sims 3 made me appreciate modders so much more since without them the Sims 3 would have remained a broken game and EA never fixed all those issues even after 5 years of Simmers waiting. Modders had to fix the issues for them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited March 2015
    Scobre wrote: »
    WolfEyes wrote: »

Here's my thing. I am trying to avoid using any CC since I know I tend to go overboard with it and it does affect performance at some point. I want EA/Maxis to make these things and add them to an update/EP/SP. Dishwashers and washer/dryers are appliances real people use every day. Sure, not everyone has them but the vast majority of people do. So there really is no reason for them to not be a part of the game other than Maxis don't wanna. :|
    I do too sometimes, but without the CAST and color wheel, I kind of need it for the grass to look nice and for my Sims to have different looking hairs. The black hairs stink and look greyish, the white hair doesn't like white, and I want some ombre hair colors. I figure EPs and GPs are going effect performance anyway and if the Sims 4 can't handle a few CCs now, it's going to need a lot more work, so interesting to test out performance early on with mods and CCs sometimes. I use trusted sites like MTS and Sims Resource mostly. I do want those appliances and newspapers and real telephones back. I'm kind of getting the feeling that is why a lot of features aren't being added back. Only thing I need to make sure of is to take out my CCs and mods before doing a patch and put them back in. I've been a fan of mods since the Sims 2 and I don't think it is going to go away anytime soon. Plus the Sims 3 made me appreciate modders so much more since without them the Sims 3 would have remained a broken game and EA never fixed all those issues even after 5 years of Simmers waiting. Modders had to fix the issues for them.

I didn't get to play Sims 3 so I can't speak to that. I did have a ton of CC in Sims 2 though and I never found it necessary to remove any of it when I installed EPs and SPs. Frankly, when it comes to mods, I have trust issues. I think I had less than 5 mods for TS2, if that many. There is only one I know for sure I used.

I agree about things that are supposed to white are actually gray. Drives me nuts at times but I do my best to ignore it. Like I said in another post somewhere, at some point I will break down and install S4S just so I can have the variety I want. I may even dabble with CC, mainly for my own use. I've been away from the Sims community for so long that many of the current creators are names I'm not familiar with and many of the ones I am familiar with seem to be gone. I'm reluctant to stick my neck since I know what a PITA it can be to have to go through each CC to find that one causing an issue. Even if I have loaded each one separately and tested. There was one item I had gotten that was fine at first but after playing for a while it caused an issue and I had to sort through everything to find the culprit. No, I hadn't installed any new CC after that item or any EPs, SPs etc. An unusual occurrence but it happened nonetheless.

Bleh. It's pushing 1am here so I'm going to join my brain and go to bed. ;)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I'm a huge CC fan and I have to play with mods in TS2 otherwise I don't think I'd like the game as much as I do. I will give TS4 the same benefit of the doubt that with future mods it will be a better game than it is. However, there is still the main point of contention that modders shouldn't have to *fix* the game. Mod it, make it cooler... heck yeah! Fix bugs... no.

Broken code, like the father/daughter incest bug that someone posted family tree pics to show before, this should be fixed by the gurus. EA somewhat fixed the dirty patch after a modder removed it entirely, but that kind of stupid feature shouldn't have even been implemented in the first place :disappointed:

Selling us a hosed game and expecting fans to make it right is not okay.
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Memina11 wrote: »
    Not only dishwashers but workable washers and dryers to give sims home a more realistic and complete look

If I'm not mistaken, in that interview that has the link in another thread, which was about the new expansion pack, SimGuru Lindsay gave this reason for not including dishwashers in the game: Something along the lines of...it's not something that Sims can do together and we wanted to focus more on the new interactions; besides Sims are perfectly capable of washing their own dishes, and we have the "hand of god" that lets the player drag the dishes to the counter or something like that....pretty lame reasoning if you ask me.

Especially when you consider that having dishwashers and trash compactors in the game (which don't seem to have very complicated animations) would have just given the Sims one more object to repair and build up their handiness skills...and could be upgraded, to boot. But, oops...there's that Sims 3 mindset again!

Excuse me, but there is no interaction to allow them to wash dishes together, unless I missed something. :/ Maybe they can talk to another sim while cleaning up. How is this different than using a dishwasher and talking to another sim while loading??? What if I don't want to use the "hand of god" and make my sims do the every day tasks we all have to do until they can afford a maid....

I jumped back in and have been trying to play TS4 in anticipation of the new GTW EP and just can't get past the shock-to-the-brain super bright white loading screens in contrast to the dull grayish in-game lighting, the controlling do-this-everyday-to-get-promoted tasks, crazy emotions that are flipping and flopping and don't seem to mean much except when they go to work, no decent romantic interactions, boring sleeping(what happened to spooning - we do have to live through it even if it is on turbo speed and it is so sweet when they spoon or children sleep with their parents and take up the whole bed- pic below), jumping up and swooshing to make the bed - really, randomly dropping to the ground to do pushups like there is a drill Sargent directing them and chair hopping so they can talk to EVERYONE even if I don't want this. Plus the cartoonish nature of the game. That is even worse. My sim in the Athletic career now looks like Popeye! I won't go on as everyone has already said everything I could and then some.

However, and more importantly - why should I be 'forcing' myself to play? Sadly, because I want TS4 to be something it isn't...It is now a time management game with a twist, no longer a sandbox where you control your sim's lives. I keep trying to make it something it isn't and can't figure out how. At this point I think only EA can do that by:
    1. Fix the loading screens to only be between neighborhoods.
    2. Add functional toddlers for more realistic family play.
    3. Overhaul the job system: allow for REALLY meeting coworkers and interacting with them at work and make it less goal oriented
    4. Fix the story progression and then allow it to be turned on or off for those players that like rotational play.

TS3, even with all it's bugginess (which has mostly been fixed by modders) is, in my opinion, still better than TS4. So, off to play TS3. I added some pics just to show the depth. Dag-dag.

My Nerd Sim - He is the child in the picture.
    :)
    0f8cf4ee-431a-45ef-8dd6-d87a61e6f45d.jpg

Sleeping with a child isn't all that it is cracked up to be - they take up the WHOLE bed
    Pic-60.jpg!

Giving her baby brother a bath. How sweet...
    Screenshot-12_1.jpg

Who says TS3 sims are lifeless. Yes, when they move from one interaction to another - but in the moment - tons of expression.
    Screenshot-14_1.jpg

Birthdays! Mom blowing out the candles for her child who will not suddenly be 8 years old. :s
    95ce0d3e-9f61-420c-b5af-a0e4bb23f47a.jpg
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Oh yes - I forgot the breathtaking scenery in TS3. And this is Aurora Falls, not the best world of all of them but still beautiful. Now, it is a snow scene which will likely be added at some point, but how do you make lifeless scenery breathtaking. It is bland at best. :(

Screenshot-2.jpg
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    You know what really gets me? How much their own emotions more often than not interfere with tasks. Then there is the invisiable objects that just decide not to be seen so you have refresh the whole game... then the family play that is missing because their beloved tasks interfere with actual family time. I can only imagine how GTW will just crash the whole family play all together...

With families you really don't have time to do everything but on days off. This leads to playing the long instead of the normal or short. I got this family I've been playing and it is s...t...u..p...id.. how much time is wasted on these little tasks. And the rewards are so high priced and so little is given for doing even the annoying whims.. I miss Sims 3 where they gained even when sleeping making rewards nice. So, since I have come to adoring my little family. I am putting a few mods in the game... one is where rewards are cheaper and the other where it un-nerfs the never weary. So, once more I depend on mods, to make this game just not so unbearable... Isn't that a hoot?
  • Options
    yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Memina11 wrote: »
    Not only dishwashers but workable washers and dryers to give sims home a more realistic and complete look

If I'm not mistaken, in that interview that has the link in another thread, which was about the new expansion pack, SimGuru Lindsay gave this reason for not including dishwashers in the game: Something along the lines of...it's not something that Sims can do together and we wanted to focus more on the new interactions; besides Sims are perfectly capable of washing their own dishes, and we have the "hand of god" that lets the player drag the dishes to the counter or something like that....pretty lame reasoning if you ask me.

tumblr_inline_nlah3vlxwL1t7ywhe.gif

Are you kidding me? That's their excuse? Can we get some new gurus please??? Smh.

“Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • Options
    WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    This game disappointed me to no end. I'm going on a quoting rampage typing a super long message instead of getting my review of The Sims 4 up on my website (Always Late Game Reviews...Google it if you're interested to read what I've written about other games so far) so I'll try to touch on a few points. Firstly, I'm 30 and have been with The Sims as a franchise since it was a thing. So I'm coming from a lot of experience along with a little bias and probably a tad more emotion than I should have. But this is a series that defined my early teens and exposed me to a type of game I had never come across, ever. The Sims was a great proof of concept, The Sims 2 took advantage of increasingly powerful hardware and gave us a full 3D environment, and The Sims 3 blew the lid off the series by giving us a big world to explore and that changed over time. None of the games were perfect but this...I've never seen a Sims game so stripped down and devoid of anything to do.

> @colton147 said:> The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games ever when expansions, stuff packs, and game packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips.>

I can't tell if you're joking but I hope you are! :dizzy: I'm not paying out the nose to make a game fun when it should have my attention straight away.
    > @JoxerTM22 said:
    > The truth is that Sims 4 disappointed me. I expected more.
    >
    > But hear me out please.
    > EA made a similar mistake a few years back. After superb DA:O they made pathetic and disappointing DA2. And last year, just a couple of months after Sims 4, DA3 was released and that's one spectacular game.
    >
    > So make no mistake. You can't make every title a smashhit and sometimes the game won't be as good as it should.
    > We'll get Sims 5 eventually and I bet we'll all love it!
    >
    > About DLC Colton is mentioning... MMO craze is over. EA already cancelled Shadow Realms. Soon DLC craze will be dead too. So don't count on DLC fixing the main game problems.
    > But first we need a great game. If a game is great, then and only then people will want more of that stuff. We need Sims 5 ASAP.

With The Sims 4 getting almost a 50% off discount so soon after release, we can all expect that to mean it's not selling well. It's a tactic to get people to buy the base game and then hopefully continue to spend money on it out of obligation (since they already own it) or in the hopes that additional content will give them a reason to play it again. From where I stand the prospect of a Sims 5 is very slim. And DA 2 was the way it was because EA/BioWare wanted to increase market share by making a game that could run sufficiently well on consoles. One of the reason The Sims 4 is stripped to the bone is because SO many people expect to game on laptops which in no war can support a more demanding game. They're designed in such a way as to get the most out of a battery, not perform intense calculations like a complex computer game requires.
    > @RoyaiChaos said:

> Sims 4 has already gotten a lot of things back already. It should be fine as long as the trend continues.
    > Anyways, TS3 is still more buggy than 4.
    > And I'd say there's been a lot less complaints than before. Maybe not a lot, but less.

That "free" stuff was to shut up the vocal players who couldn't tolerate the game. It's a done deal though, as most of the word is already out there and it's pretty much saying the game is mediocre at best. The Sims 4 may be less buggy (though I never had many issues with past games) but there is no fixing the core engine of this game. What you see is what you get and the basic mechanics and interaction with the game cannot change without substantially rewriting code. They did it with SimCity just to keep the game up for sale, but we can't expect that same amount of response with The Sims 4.
    > @luthienrising said:
    > So many opinions in the OP, presented as outright fact!
    >
    > I like the game. I wish I had more time to play it. I've been wishing that all day, and popping in here between bouts of work hasn't helped. I suspect that there's less disappointment out there than these forums make it feel like. I've been seeing lots more positive comment from new members here lately too.
    >
    > Things are fine. Games you don't like aren't so much fun, but games you do are, and now there are more Sims flavours to choose from. It's all good.
    We're emotionally charged and expected way more. We've seen the series grow and blossom, take advantage of more powerful hardware, and have expansion packs to choose from that enhanced our gameplay. We do NOT want to have to pay more to make a game even functional is some instances. The design choices behind this game just don't mesh well together. People new to The Sims are going to have a blast with 4 that's without a doubt. Long time fans feel burned and I'm one of them. And why should we be "required" to continue to rely on The Sims 3 for the experience we enjoy the most? I expect and demand (and a lot of other people do too) that the newest game in a series take full advantage of the newer hardware that's been around for a long time. The Sims 4 is a 32-bit executable? I mean c'mon 64-bit systems have been around since Windows XP. The Sims 4 relies on technological understanding that's almost 20 years old...it's frankly unacceptable.

> "@kirby356 said:
    > You can tell this game is unsuccessful by looking at these forums. It is literally a ghost town! I have never seen a Sims forum so dead and quiet. I remember TS2 BBS Forum was always active, as well as TS3 forums. I look on these forums and I see the same topics from weeks ago because no one is interested in talking about this mess of a game.
    >
    > And all the TS4 lovers said that once the first EP comes out it will be different, yet the EP has been announced and the hype is as dead as these forums. If it continues like this, I truly don't see TS4 going very far.
    Agreed. You really hit the nail on the head. I don't think this game is going very far either. It's actually kind of freaky to go from the active days of The Sims 3 and its forum, which was BURSTING with activity, to here where no one is bothering to talk about the game. I've come across some cool looking clothing and hair mods, but the general consensus seems to be pretty anemic. I just don't see a large community building up around The Sims 4 like in past games. I found my experience with the game to be more frustrating then fun. My Sims are lifeless even though they're nicely animated. There's next to NOTHING to buy for my little house. I'm not saying the expectation to have EVERYTHING from past Sims games show up in this one is reasonable. Far from it actually. But the core of the game is coded in such a way that the things we wan't either can't be created, or will be implemented in the same lackluster half-a$$ed way. When you step back and take in The Sims 4 for what it's worth, the whole game is just really dull. It made me super sad to feel this way too. I played for a while and then just...stopped. And I really only came to the forum to see if there was at least SOMETHING interesting happening, which there really isn't. I'm honestly pretty much done with this franchise. It's another one from the weird little Maxis bubble that is so out of touch with it's player base and long time fans (the ones who spent the ridiculous money in past titles since we enjoyed the base games so much to bring you the travesty you see before you. We're not being thanked in any way by EA or the newbie players who are defending this game!!!) that I'm honestly not sad to see it withering on the vine. The Sims had it's run...it should be allowed to die with some dignity.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @AudreyFld Thanks for the pictures and I completely agree with you on every level. Even in between interactions they have great facial expressions sometimes. And if you play free will on they hardly 'pause'.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    This game disappointed me to no end. I'm going on a quoting rampage typing a super long message instead of getting my review of The Sims 4 up on my website (Always Late Game Reviews...Google it if you're interested to read what I've written about other games so far) so I'll try to touch on a few points. Firstly, I'm 30 and have been with The Sims as a franchise since it was a thing. So I'm coming from a lot of experience along with a little bias and probably a tad more emotion than I should have. But this is a series that defined my early teens and exposed me to a type of game I had never come across, ever. The Sims was a great proof of concept, The Sims 2 took advantage of increasingly powerful hardware and gave us a full 3D environment, and The Sims 3 blew the lid off the series by giving us a big world to explore and that changed over time. None of the games were perfect but this...I've never seen a Sims game so stripped down and devoid of anything to do.

> @colton147 said:> The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games ever when expansions, stuff packs, and game packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips.>

I can't tell if you're joking but I hope you are! :dizzy: I'm not paying out the nose to make a game fun when it should have my attention straight away.
    > @JoxerTM22 said:
    >
    > EA made a similar mistake a few years back. After superb DA:O they made pathetic and disappointing DA2. And last year, just a couple of months after Sims 4, DA3 was released and that's one spectacular game.
    >
    > So make no mistake. You can't make every title a smashhit and sometimes the game won't be as good as it should.
    >
    > About DLC Colton is mentioning... MMO craze is over. EA already cancelled Shadow Realms. Soon DLC craze will be dead too. So don't count on DLC fixing the main game problems.
    > But first we need a great game. If a game is great, then and only then people will want more of that stuff. We need Sims 5 ASAP.

With The Sims 4 getting almost a 50% off discount so soon after release, we can all expect that to mean it's not selling well. It's a tactic to get people to buy the base game and then hopefully continue to spend money on it out of obligation (since they already own it) or in the hopes that additional content will give them a reason to play it again. From where I stand the prospect of a Sims 5 is very slim. And DA 2 was the way it was because EA/BioWare wanted to increase market share by making a game that could run sufficiently well on consoles. One of the reason The Sims 4 is stripped to the bone is because SO many people expect to game on laptops which in no war can support a more demanding game. They're designed in such a way as to get the most out of a battery, not perform intense calculations like a complex computer game requires.
    > @RoyaiChaos said:

> Sims 4 has already gotten a lot of things back already. It should be fine as long as the trend continues.
    > And I'd say there's been a lot less complaints than before. Maybe not a lot, but less.

That "free" stuff was to shut up the vocal players who couldn't tolerate the game. It's a done deal though, as most of the word is already out there and it's pretty much saying the game is mediocre at best. The Sims 4 may be less buggy (though I never had many issues with past games) but there is no fixing the core engine of this game. What you see is what you get and the basic mechanics and interaction with the game cannot change without substantially rewriting code. They did it with SimCity just to keep the game up for sale, but we can't expect that same amount of response with The Sims 4.
    > @luthienrising said:
    >
    > I like the game. I wish I had more time to play it. I've been wishing that all day, and popping in here between bouts of work hasn't helped. I suspect that there's less disappointment out there than these forums make it feel like. I've been seeing lots more positive comment from new members here lately too.
    >
    > Things are fine. Games you don't like aren't so much fun, but games you do are, and now there are more Sims flavours to choose from. It's all good.
    We're emotionally charged and expected way more. We've seen the series grow and blossom, take advantage of more powerful hardware, and have expansion packs to choose from that enhanced our gameplay. We do NOT want to have to pay more to make a game even functional is some instances. The design choices behind this game just don't mesh well together. People new to The Sims are going to have a blast with 4 that's without a doubt. Long time fans feel burned and I'm one of them. And why should we be "required" to continue to rely on The Sims 3 for the experience we enjoy the most? I expect and demand (and a lot of other people do too) that the newest game in a series take full advantage of the newer hardware that's been around for a long time. The Sims 4 is a 32-bit executable? I mean c'mon 64-bit systems have been around since Windows XP. The Sims 4 relies on technological understanding that's almost 20 years old...it's frankly unacceptable.

> "@kirby356 said:
    > You can tell this game is unsuccessful by looking at these forums. It is literally a ghost town! I have never seen a Sims forum so dead and quiet. I remember TS2 BBS Forum was always active, as well as TS3 forums. I look on these forums and I see the same topics from weeks ago because no one is interested in talking about this mess of a game.
    >
    > And all the TS4 lovers said that once the first EP comes out it will be different, yet the EP has been announced and the hype is as dead as these forums. If it continues like this, I truly don't see TS4 going very far.
    Agreed. You really hit the nail on the head. I don't think this game is going very far either. It's actually kind of freaky to go from the active days of The Sims 3 and its forum, which was BURSTING with activity, to here where no one is bothering to talk about the game. I've come across some cool looking clothing and hair mods, but the general consensus seems to be pretty anemic. I just don't see a large community building up around The Sims 4 like in past games. I found my experience with the game to be more frustrating then fun. My Sims are lifeless even though they're nicely animated. There's next to NOTHING to buy for my little house. I'm not saying the expectation to have EVERYTHING from past Sims games show up in this one is reasonable. Far from it actually. But the core of the game is coded in such a way that the things we wan't either can't be created, or will be implemented in the same lackluster half-a$$ed way. When you step back and take in The Sims 4 for what it's worth, the whole game is just really dull. It made me super sad to feel this way too. I played for a while and then just...stopped. And I really only came to the forum to see if there was at least SOMETHING interesting happening, which there really isn't. I'm honestly pretty much done with this franchise. It's another one from the weird little Maxis bubble that is so out of touch with it's player base and long time fans (the ones who spent the ridiculous money in past titles since we enjoyed the base games so much to bring you the travesty you see before you. We're not being thanked in any way by EA or the newbie players who are defending this game!!!) that I'm honestly not sad to see it withering on the vine. The Sims had it's run...it should be allowed to die with some dignity.
    It's not less buggy. In fact it's buggier than Sims 3 basegame.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    > @astridentanja said:
    > It's not less buggy. In fact it's buggier than Sims 3 basegame.
    Sorry! I must have somehow misread what you said. I extend my apologies for that!!!
  • Options
    > @astridentanja said:
    Sorry! I must have somehow misread what you said. I extend my apologies for that!!!
    You didn't, you were not quoting me ;) It was in addition, Sims 3 isn't buggier than Sims 4, Sims 4 already has loads of them (worldwide ones) where Sims 3 didn't. So it's definitely not true so far what @RoyaiChaos says. Sims 3 is as buggy as plum, but Sims 4 beats it so far basegame wise.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    > @astridentanja said:
    You didn't, you were not quoting me ;) It was in addition, Sims 3 isn't buggier than Sims 4, Sims 4 already has loads of them (worldwide ones) where Sims 3 didn't. So it's definitely not true so far what @RoyaiChaos says. Sims 3 is as buggy as plum, but Sims 4 beats it so far basegame wise.

Yeah a lot of the bugginess in Sims 3 was introduced in expansion packs, the base game wasn't all that bad. Sims 4 is already worse for bugginess, and the patches just cause as many bugs as they fix.
  • Options
    Andygal wrote: »
    > @astridentanja said:

Yeah a lot of the bugginess in Sims 3 was introduced in expansion packs, the base game wasn't all that bad. Sims 4 is already worse for bugginess, and the patches just cause as many bugs as they fix.
    I don't remember having any bugs (and I was a brand new gamer, my first bug startled me big time, didn't even know soemthing like that could even happen; I'm quite experienced now B) ). The first bug I remember was getting no gigs with my band (Late Night). Before that my Sims life was rainbows and roses.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    > @astridentanja said:

I don't remember having any bugs (and I was a brand new gamer, my first bug startled me big time, didn't even know soemthing like that could even happen; I'm quite experienced now B) ). The first bug I remember was getting no gigs with my band (Late Night). Before that my Sims life was rainbows and roses.

I had bugs with traveling in WA (broken UI).
  • Options
    > @astridentanja said:

I had bugs with traveling in WA (broken UI).
    Oh, yeah, forgot that one, me too, sorry! But EP related nevertheless.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    My first bug was that one of my sims became invisible. My second was that my toddler and mom got stuck learning to talk and there was no way to get them unstuck. I didn't know about resetsim back then. I deleted the toddler thinking that he would reappear by the mailbox like in TS2...nope, gone for good.

But in all of my simming history, those were probably the worst 2 things that happened to me in TS3. Besides sometimes a CTD. But using DEP and all that was the workaround.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    My first bug was that one of my sims became invisible. My second was that my toddler and mom got stuck learning to talk and there was no way to get them unstuck. I didn't know about resetsim back then. I deleted the toddler thinking that he would reappear by the mailbox like in TS2...nope, gone for good.

But in all of my simming history, those were probably the worst 2 things that happened to me in TS3. Besides sometimes a CTD. But using DEP and all that was the workaround.

Invisible Sims never really bothers me, it seldom happens and only annoying if I am working on a photo shoot or a video but it only happens when I might change a house hold or in some cases, at University when Sims arrive at the dorm and I just see a few suitcases carrying themselves in lol

As for Sims getting stuck, only happens from time to time, been the case in the original I think and of course, resetsim is your friend on that one.

Had to laugh about babies appearing in the mail box in TS2 though, can't remember that myself :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Just another update about Cities: Skylines: They sold over 500K! They've got a bit to go in order to beat SimCity, but I'll be honest, I never thought they would do this well this fast. Kudos to them.

• Options

And I think those might have been related to MovingObjects? I had similar complaints, till the very moment I stopped using that cheat in my game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

And I think those might have been related to MovingObjects? I had similar complaints, till the very moment I stopped using that cheat in my game.

I only ever use MOO in CAW with building only when necessary. I find that MOO didn't work in Sims like the older games but in most cases, it isn't always needed.

Back in TS1, MOO was used religiously
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015

No, I don't think so. I don't use moveobjects in TS3 (bad routing). I know that I started my game and my sim was invisible and nothing made her come back. It was a known bug and I think they eventually fixed it. The toddler learning to talk was definitely a known bug and they patched that before Late Night or maybe even World Adventures. I can't remember, but it was early on. --the toddler thing is why they told us about resetsim. Or it was one of the main reasons. I was pretty mad when my toddler disappeared forever. LOL
  • Options
    AlaskaBlackAlaskaBlack Posts: 68 Member

> @JoxerTM22 said:
    >
    >
    >

> @RoyaiChaos said:

> @luthienrising said:
    >
    >

> "@kirby356 said:
    >
    It's not less buggy. In fact it's buggier than Sims 3 basegame.
    This is unfortunately true. Yeah TS3 had its issues, but TS4 has had so many bugs and problems from the start, imo.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Please everyone don't multiquote my nick so many times and without a real reason.
    I get notifications for something I've already stated my opinion about and that opinion won't change no matter how many notifications you all spam on me.

Thanks.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    OT @Mistybl95 Yeah, but it has only been a week with Cities Skyline, and it took 2 weeks for simcity to sell 1.1 million didn't it?

Meantime totally agree @WaterHornet