Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 six months on...

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,552 Member
    Not only dishwashers but workable washers and dryers to give sims home a more realistic and complete look
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited March 2015
    Wait, I was the guy who disabled the spouting toilets, nixed the Angry Poops, changed the text to "unclog", and made the toilets usable. They still complain because using a clogged toilet is pretty gross, but it's better than the shame and possible embarrassment death from Peed Pants.

I fixed the Angry Poop Pregnancy Test text long before EA did.

I put that in the same category as a fist-bump instead of a kiss before woohoo. Immature and silly to the point of not-funny.

Edit: Oh, and thank you :)

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,554 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    I put that in the same category as a fist-bunp instead of a kiss before woohoo. Immature and silly to the point of not-funny.
    Do they do that before all woohoo? Or does it only happen sometimes? (I haven't played enough to notice) cos that interaction is absolutely awful, not funny at all and breaks 'the mood'!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I put that in the same category as a fist-bunp instead of a kiss before woohoo. Immature and silly to the point of not-funny.
    Do they do that before all woohoo? Or does it only happen sometimes? (I haven't played enough to notice) cos that interaction is absolutely awful, not funny at all and breaks 'the mood'!
    Every time. Even if your sims are sitting on the edge of the bed doing the closest thing to intimate interactions while sitting ramrod straight, they get up, do the cheer and then get into bed.

Edit: ram.rod is censored? Really?
    Post edited by Felicity on
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Every time. Even if your sims are sitting on the edge of the bed doing the closest thing to intimate interactions while sitting ramrod straight, they get up, do the cheer and then get into bed.

It kind of remind me of a scene from a movie called Fun With 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and Jane. There is a scene...can't remember exactly, but I think they just robbed a bank and their adrenaline is pumping...and they say: We should woohoo......on Saturday. Seriously, the first time I saw the woohoo interaction, that's what I thought of. Why bother? LOL. Or, they are sneaking off during a frat party hoping no one notices.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Yeah the woohoo cheer. I will give the modder who mods that out my (theoretical) firstborn child.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    I want to fist bump, like a Bro, with whoever thought this was a good idea.

My fist, their face.

I could say this for the people who chose a lot of things in Sims 4.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    Not only dishwashers but workable washers and dryers to give sims home a more realistic and complete look

If I'm not mistaken, in that interview that has the link in another thread, which was about the new expansion pack, SimGuru Lindsay gave this reason for not including dishwashers in the game: Something along the lines of...it's not something that Sims can do together and we wanted to focus more on the new interactions; besides Sims are perfectly capable of washing their own dishes, and we have the "hand of god" that lets the player drag the dishes to the counter or something like that....pretty lame reasoning if you ask me.

Especially when you consider that having dishwashers and trash compactors in the game (which don't seem to have very complicated animations) would have just given the Sims one more object to repair and build up their handiness skills...and could be upgraded, to boot. But, oops...there's that Sims 3 mindset again!

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    One of the things I love about the sims 4 is how everything is made out of clay. #environmentallyfriendly :smiley:
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • Options
    Andygal wrote: »
    Yeah the woohoo cheer. I will give the modder who mods that out my (theoretical) firstborn child.

Unfortunately, there's not a standing up makeout interaction to replace it.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    Something I don´t like from this wonderfull CAS is that once you have created the gorgeouse sim you want, it does not look in the game even alike how you created it, the low resolution/polygons/textures or whatever it is (no tech savvy here) in the game makes a great disappointment when it renders your so much worked characters (IMO)
    Which is proven by the fact my computer can handle playing the game perfectly, just not CAS. I'm convinced it's my graphic card (because Sims 3 runs fine, my processor is great but my video card isn't). So, my graphic card doesn't have issues with the game, just with CAS.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,539 Member
    Something I don´t like from this wonderfull CAS is that once you have created the gorgeouse sim you want, it does not look in the game even alike how you created it, the low resolution/polygons/textures or whatever it is (no tech savvy here) in the game makes a great disappointment when it renders your so much worked characters (IMO)

Yeah, I finding this too. It is a bit of a downgrade to go from CAS to in the game, though the contrast may depend on your computer.
    It's not as striking as TS3, but it is a down grade. It seems subtle in my game. It's mainly the distorting facial animations at work that change my sims. Sorry about the CC, but I refuse to remove it to take pure pics. :#

01-01-15_6-30nbspPM.png

The facial animations can be extreme.
    03-02-15_7-29nbspAM.png

The contrast in Ling was the most striking to me so far.
    TS4CAS2014-12-0620-08-09-87.png

A subtle different from CAS here:
    12-17-14_12-52nbspAM.png

But get the animations going and remove the make up:
    12-17-14_12-36nbspAM.png

I actually like it in a way.
    She looks like she came home, stripped off the make up, and is just relaxing. I don't mind the cartoony looks that much in a game that is supposed to be humorous, I just wish they were a little more subtle. When the humor is always on, it's no longer humorous but the norm. That's why I don't like the silly walks. Everywhere I look, there is a sim doing some kind of goofy walk.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    CK213 wrote: »

Yeah, I finding this too. It is a bit of a downgrade to go from CAS to in the game, though the contrast may depend on your computer.
    It's not as striking as TS3, but it is a down grade. It seems subtle in my game. It's mainly the distorting facial animations at work that change my sims. Sorry about the CC, but I refuse to remove it to take pure pics. :#
    How do you mean? In Sims 3 sims in the game look better than in CAS (where they look rather flat and dull to me).
    CAS:

1721791_orig.jpg

Game:

Silas_570bbb_zps6b80625f.png
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

01-01-15_6-30nbspPM.png

The facial animations can be extreme.
    03-02-15_7-29nbspAM.png

The contrast in Ling was the most striking to me so far.
    TS4CAS2014-12-0620-08-09-87.png

A subtle different from CAS here:
    12-17-14_12-52nbspAM.png

But get the animations going and remove the make up:
    12-17-14_12-36nbspAM.png

I actually like it in a way.
    She looks like she came home, stripped off the make up, and is just relaxing. I don't mind the cartoony looks that much in a game that is supposed to be humorous, I just wish they were a little more subtle. When the humor is always on, it's no longer humorous but the norm. That's why I don't like the silly walks. Everywhere I look, there is a sim doing some kind of goofy walk.

Goodness...Ling looks like a polycarbonate blob in the game. The difference is uncanny.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,539 Member

How do you mean? In Sims 3 sims in the game look better than in CAS (where they look rather flat and dull to me).
    CAS:

1721791_orig.jpg

Game:

That's mainly indoors with certain lighting conditions. Take them outside and there is a difference.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    I don't mind the cartoony looks that much in a game that is supposed to be humorous, I just wish they were a little more subtle. When the humor is always on, it's no longer humorous but the norm. That's why I don't like the silly walks. Everywhere I look, there is a sim doing some kind of goofy walk.
    I agree with this by the way. Even when I prefer my sims more serious, I'm sure if it was done in a more subtle way I would have liked it. For me there must be a balance in the game between funny and serious, that balance in Sims 4 is totally lost.
    (goofy walks, indeed, and I'm having an almost physical reacion in a very bad way when they do the push up thing)

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015

CAS:

1721791_orig.jpg

Game:

That's mainly indoors with certain lighting conditions. Take them outside and there is a difference.
    Silas_651_zps16692e9a.png

Not as good as inside but it still beats him in CAS imo.
    But I know what you mean, especially in the middle of the day.
    The lighting conditions inside I take care of when I decide to take a picture. Long live WA's invisible lights.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Oh yeah, I agree about sims in Sims 3 looking better in the game than in CAS. I like the facial expressions. I keep posting this guy, because it's the only Sims 3 sim I have on photobucket right now. But I like the facial expression. It's not exaggerated.

Edit: Heh, that toddler he's holding looks just like him except with her mom's coloring, and unfortunately, that carries through to adulthood. His other daughter looks more like her mom with her dad's coloring, and she's far cuter. Not sure how their son is going to turn out.

CAS

Screenshot-17_zpstlkecpsf.jpg

In game
    toddler%20bday_zpswp4einrx.jpg
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I agree about sims in Sims 3 looking better in the game than in CAS. I like the facial expressions. I keep posting this guy, because it's the only Sims 3 sim I have on photobucket right now. But I like the facial expression. It's not exaggerated.
    CAS

Screenshot-17_zpstlkecpsf.jpg

In game
    toddler%20bday_zpswp4einrx.jpg
    Oh I don't mind you posting him all the time :#
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

If I'm not mistaken, in that interview that has the link in another thread, which was about the new expansion pack, SimGuru Lindsay gave this reason for not including dishwashers in the game: Something along the lines of...it's not something that Sims can do together and we wanted to focus more on the new interactions; besides Sims are perfectly capable of washing their own dishes, and we have the "hand of god" that lets the player drag the dishes to the counter or something like that....pretty lame reasoning if you ask me.

Especially when you consider that having dishwashers and trash compactors in the game (which don't seem to have very complicated animations) would have just given the Sims one more object to repair and build up their handiness skills...and could be upgraded, to boot. But, oops...there's that Sims 3 mindset again!
    The funny thing is the mod community was able to make a trash compactor before EA: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=549824
    It works great and doesn't break plus it can be placed on a wall. I'm kind of curious if modders will make working dishwashers before EA too. They already made bunk beds. There are decorate washer and dryers and video game console now, but they are not interactive.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

The funny thing is the mod community was able to make a trash compactor before EA: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=549824
    It works great and doesn't break plus it can be placed on a wall. I'm kind of curious if modders will make working dishwashers before EA too. They already made bunk beds. There are decorate washer and dryers and video game console now, but they are not interactive.

Here's my thing. I am trying to avoid using any CC since I know I tend to go overboard with it and it does affect performance at some point. I want EA/Maxis to make these things and add them to an update/EP/SP. Dishwashers and washer/dryers are appliances real people use every day. Sure, not everyone has them but the vast majority of people do. So there really is no reason for them to not be a part of the game other than Maxis don't wanna. :|
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited March 2015
    Memina11 wrote: »

Like they can poop, wash dishes, play on the computer ( to name a few) together? If that is the case I am doing something wrong I can barely get them to wash dishes at all let alone together..>.>

What gets me is all the s....t....u....p...I....d tasks. Did you know that even though the ugly baby is an object it isn't fun to interact with or does it make the miss family debuff go down? XD!

Also the eating... working as intended? How about it is not working.. If I want a social game I'll play IMUV a much better social game too boot, which I don't want a social game..I have better games for socializing if I have the need... which I rarely do. I want a LIFE stimulator. Emotions are so fake it isn't even funny.. and some of those whims are just ... no.

And the passing gas and them laughing at themselves shows the mindset of an 8 year old.

But I did find something that made me and my fiancé laugh...tell a third trimester pregnant sim to go job... it cracked us both up.
    @WolfEyes I don't like using mods because I do go overboard, but Sims 4 isn't mod friendly because of the coding in game, I had to take out all my mods and CC because the game didn't like them. And I already miss them. Been playing Sims for a day going on two because you don't need to think to play it and City Skylines you do (I'm sick irl)..

And I want so bad to just add mods and some wall and floor colors.. I have never seen such lack of color in a sims Game. If 11 people can make a game like City Skylines ... just 11.. and the game is mod friendly.. Then maxis should be able to make a Sim game better than this.

Our PCs are NOT facebook, twitter, or a mobile device (don't mean laptops), so this little facebook/ mobile device game should NOT be on our PC. It is NOT too late to change things, but then that all falls on cost doesn't it? And EA should value customers over cost.. Happy customers buy, buy, and buy! We didn't ask for this vision of theirs..so it isn't 'our' fault that there are so many disappointed customers.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

CAS:

1721791_orig.jpg

Game:

I was just to post this, TS3 sims look far better in game than in CAS, even the cloths look better, the lighting and shadows make it look so, because in CAS light is too flat and features use to look more rounded.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    @WolfEyes I don't like using mods because I do go overboard, but Sims 4 isn't mod friendly because of the coding in game, I had to take out all my mods and CC because the game didn't like them. And I already miss them. Been playing Sims for a day going on two because you don't need to think to play it and City Skylines you do (I'm sick irl)..

And I want so bad to just add mods and some wall and floor colors.. I have never seen such lack of color in a sims Game. If 11 people can make a game like City Skylines ... just 11.. and the game is mod friendly.. Then maxis should be able to make a Sim game better than this.

Our PCs are NOT facebook, twitter, or a mobile device (don't mean laptops), so this little facebook/ mobile device game should NOT be on our PC. It is NOT too late to change things, but then that all falls on cost doesn't it? And EA should value customers over cost.. Happy customers buy, buy, and buy! We didn't ask for this vision of theirs..so it isn't 'our' fault that there are so many disappointed customers.

The only mod I ever used was the one that took away the "pixelization" when the sim was in the shower, tub or on the toilet (TS1 and 2). All those blurred squares have always bothered my eyes.

I've already voiced my opinion about the mesh objects (I forget which thread that was on) but I do agree there aren't enough color choices, patterns or wallpapers in the game. I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one that has noticed there is only one (I think) wallpaper for a kitchen. One wallpaper in a handful of color variations. Sorry, no, that is just wrong.

I suppose I will have to break down and install S4S and make my own wallpapers etc. The point is I should NOT have to do that. There should be enough of a variety in the game and there isn't. Same goes for objects and everything else.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.