Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JOIN THE PARTY! ♥ ♥ "SHOWCASE" your best work & "GIVE" Appreciation to friends ♥ ♥ READ OP!

Comments

• Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited March 2015
    And a voice from out of the darkness rings out!!! .... ROFL! Hey Itsy yes real life can be such a pain when it interrupts our passions. Hope everything is well and glad to see you back (besides I have a TON of new builds I need to add here....LMAO)
    Post edited by flstrider on
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    Hey, not good with the forum thing, but still hanging in on Sims 3! I just love it. I'll think about playing 4, but 3 is just richer. I'm sure eventually 4 will broaden (surely), but for now, it just doesn't do it for me. I hope all is well! We had a nasty run of the flu here :disappointed:
  • Options
    monday_34monday_34 Posts: 211 Member
    I did most of a starter house build yesterday, if I finish it today I'll try to come back & post pictures.
    Happy Simming everyone!
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    Hello hello! Is the rec' button not fixed yet then? :(

MeaganJo wrote: »
    Your roller disco bowling club sort of thing is awesome and got recarood! I hope the sims don't get too juiced up at the juice bar and then try to skate there might be an awful lot of accidents! ;)

Haha - good point! :)

@flstrider What a fun idea! I definitely get a TS1 vibe, with a lovely CASt-y 3D TS3 twist of course. Lovely work.

@AIRIS6962 This is such a gorgeous modern. It's full of clever technique but somehow also has the appearance of effortless grace. I love the beautiful clean lines and how the plants have been incorporated into the architecture.

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    @monday_34 I'm really looking forward to seeing it! Starters are too hard for me. I really love your idea of linking to your old My Page in your signature by the way; I might do the same myself.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    Thanks @GreenCats I'm glad you linked your own My Page! Makes it that much easier to friend & gift people that way :wink:

Here is my starter home. I am not great at building (yet!) so any helpful advice would be appreciated.

GRkZlg2.jpg

album of more pictures: imgur.com/a/rtQsu
    the last 2 are of an alternate version where I added a fireplace and turned the studio into a nursery.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8609848
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited March 2015
    @monday_34 For suggestions on your absolutely lovely starter pictures... Go into build mode and chose terrain paint and those grid squares will disappear. (Just move the terrain paint tool over the house out of site.) I think you did an absolutely great job on the house. I would only suggest adding terrain paint so you have a little dirt or path by the steps to the sidewalk and maybe painting a few flower patches or different colored grass in areas to add a bit of realism to the lawn. (I'd also add a touch of color to the bath as all the other rooms are full of color.)

Okay, I am finally uploading a manor. I made a reverse image of this layout using EPs, SPs, and store content earlier, but I always wanted to switch it so the bay windows overlooked the park. So to keep it different from my earlier one, this one is base game content only.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8609902

roof_up_original.jpg

l0wd_original.jpg

• Options
    @monday_34 Your starter looks wonderful, ciane gave you some excellent advice as well! there is an old thread you might want to check out that may help with your building as well here in ZooU Beginning Builders University and there are many other great tutorials in the Creative Corner forum as well The ZooU stuff really helped me out a lot!
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2015
    @ciane Thank you for the helpful advice about terrain paint! I was so focused on the house I completely neglected the outdoors! I'll be sure to spend some time outside and get the yard looking nice. & your own build looks lovely! You took on quite a challenge for it to be base-game only!! Very impressive!

Thanks @flstrider for the links & tutorials. I've got quite a bit of reading to go do now! :blush: I expect my next build will be better.
    Post edited by monday_34 on
  • Options
    Oops realized I forgot to say: what great builds, @flstrider!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @monday_34 What a lovely starter! I really like the colours you've used and the clever use of interior floorspace. Ciane's given you some great pointers about landscaping and presentation already. I personally would also suggest expanding the front porch just to avoid routing issues when sims come to visit, but perhaps you're more patient than I am so that's not a concern. I'm excited to see your next build!

@ciane Wow, base game only, and such a pretty design as well :)

Looking forward to rec'ing them both when the silly website starts working properly again.

Post edited by GreenCats on
  • Options
    I hadn't noticed the porch @GreenCats but you are right. That's usually the first thing I do when I makeover an EA house - expand the porch and staircase areas. And thank you. I like it's mirror image, Vicmore Manor; but I really hated that it's beautiful bay windows had a view of the neighbor's fence.
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Wonderful creations here always. How I would like to can rec. them !!
    BTW, about this issue and others there is an iniciative in the forums: When will thesims3.com be fixed?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13430652/#Comment_13430652

@GreenCats, Thank you so much for your nice comment. You were missed dear. Glad to see you here again.

Have a wonderful week everyone :)<3
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    Thanks once again for your faithfulness.
    This week's Featured Contributor is monday_34.
    Enjoy their lovely creations here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=monday_34
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Wow beautiful creations everyone!! Ciane I love your Manor I have to get it for my town!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Woot! The RECs are working again. I was able to give your lot its first rec! :smiley: Great job, @monday_34 !

Aw, thank you Bree!
  • Options
    @ciane HOORAY!!! Thanks for letting us know :):)
  • Options
    @AIRIS6962 Aww, thank you. It's great to see you all!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Congrats @monday_34 !!!
    @ciane Your manor is awesome!!!!

Here is another Sims 1 build for Maxis Island. For the past few days, well actually a bit longer than that, I have been stumped on 77 Maple Street, The Goth Sr Mansion. All of the other builds were actually easy as they mostly follow the original floor plan and I could stretch rooms a bit easier in those but this build was a bit more difficult because of the size of the lot. I looked through some of the different builds in the creative corner and looked at some of my older builds and downloads for some inspiration and I think I finally came up with something that will work.......

The Sims 1 version:
    77Maple.jpg

And the Sims 3 Build:
    Screenshot-5_8.jpg
    Screenshot-7_9.jpg
    Screenshot-13_6.jpg

This build was actually getting on my nerves as there was so much store I wanted to use but am keeping all of the Old Town lots base game, may have to go back and fix that after I release the world......lol
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Do you still play the original "The Sims" @flstrider ? I gave all my discs to the kid next door years ago.
  • Options
    Oh wow you guys!!! Thank you SO much!! I'm excited - I've never been featured for anything before :blush:
    Now I'm very motivated to do more building to add some depth to my studio. I'll definitely be back to check in once I add something.

Thanks for my first rec @ciane !!

I was a bit nervous to post a build since you all do such amazing houses, but everyone has been very nice and helpful, and now this!! :smiley:
    Simmers are the best!!
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    monday_34 you are always welcome to share your creations here. You are also welcome to invite friends to share as well. This thread is for sharing and encouragement and learning! We have been blessed with a fantastic group of contributors! :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    @ciane oh yes I still play that version, well its is more like I still build in that version...lol. There was such great CC for the original game and I use that to help me create in the Sims 3 as well. All of the builds in the "original 10" lots in Maxis Island are builds I did in that old game. I still love it!

@monday_34 We are so glad that you decided to share and join us! and do not be nervous as we all are here not only to share our creations but everything we have learned about building as well so keep posting and ask those questions, and again congrats!
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Woot! The RECs are working again. I was able to give your lot its first rec! :smiley: Great job, @monday_34 !

Aw, thank you Bree!

Oleeeeeeeeeeee :smiley: Great news !!

YAY !! I´m going to spend the whole day recommending !! :p