Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Pixieydust wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I need a bit of help, I did post in the technical support section but you all know so much about the game I thought I would copy my post here too. I tried to launch the game tonight and got the spinning circle, I let it run for 30 min before doing the taskmanager to see if it was responding. each time it did not. I tried restarting the computer and that did not work either.

O am having the same issue. The circle just spins. I have no mods. the only thing I have done is download a bunch of stuff from the store and have not launched the game in between. I have no idea how to pull the file or what other people have said to do, and I tried reading that link but none of it makes any sense. I really need help but it has to be step by step or I am lost. I am so frustrated. I do hope someone is able to help me out.

My games are installed from origin. I do have the disks too, I just thought doing the download from origin would be easier. I only have one game save on here as I just started playing with this new hard drive. Everything has been working fine. I am just wondering if it was the fact that I had downloaded a ton of stuff from the store and did not launch the game at all. Maybe that was my mistake. I did try to run it as administrator and also through the tsw file in the program files. that is to the extent of me understanding any of this.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

If clearing your cache didn't work go into game saves and see if you have a bad save and trash can it, also check current game file. It should be empty when you start. If it is not empty trash that and game should start up at your previous save, same with the bad save one. It will start with the previous save.

I have no idea where to find what you have said. I now have the electronic arts file on my desktop, not sure if I am supposed to put that back now and how to check the game saves or do any of the other stuff you said. I really am not familiar with working inside the game
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    edited February 2015
    Sweet2 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I need a bit of help, I did post in the technical support section but you all know so much about the game I thought I would copy my post here too. I tried to launch the game tonight and got the spinning circle, I let it run for 30 min before doing the taskmanager to see if it was responding. each time it did not. I tried restarting the computer and that did not work either.

O am having the same issue. The circle just spins. I have no mods. the only thing I have done is download a bunch of stuff from the store and have not launched the game in between. I have no idea how to pull the file or what other people have said to do, and I tried reading that link but none of it makes any sense. I really need help but it has to be step by step or I am lost. I am so frustrated. I do hope someone is able to help me out.

My games are installed from origin. I do have the disks too, I just thought doing the download from origin would be easier. I only have one game save on here as I just started playing with this new hard drive. Everything has been working fine. I am just wondering if it was the fact that I had downloaded a ton of stuff from the store and did not launch the game at all. Maybe that was my mistake. I did try to run it as administrator and also through the tsw file in the program files. that is to the extent of me understanding any of this.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Did you try clearing cache? If not, try that, if so, try playing with a fresh folder.

I pulled the folder from the documents and then tried to play and that seemed to work. How do I move my saved files now? Do I put that document folder back now? I am at a bit of a loss, would like to have all the game save back.

First, back up the Folder to be safe.
    Then move the following files from your old Sims 3 folder to the new one:
    From DCbackup: ccmerged
    From DCcache: dcc.ent (somewhere it said it recreates itself but that doesn't happen for me and when I didn't move it I either couldn't play or crashed, don't remember which) all dcdb*.dbc/ebc files (not the temp ones, nor missingdeps)
    From Installed Worlds: All files.
    Your entire Saves folder and Library folder
    And should you have stuff in them the Savedsims and Saved Outfits folder.
    Also, if you have a lot of stuff saved from Create a Style that you would like to keep, move the userpresets file, located in the Sims 3 folder, and perhaps options so you won't have to reset them.
    Collections can also be moved if you saved some and if you have files in Content patch (store patches) you can move those as well

If it's unclear, let me know :) Hope it works
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    @frozenorangejuic -- :anguished: I didn't mean to be so insensitive!! I'm so sorry to hear about your fertility troubles. I hope you get to feeling more energetic soon. I have to take a B vitamin in the morning- otherwise I feel like a slug.

@Cogitotoro -- "sani-sim toilets forever" :joy::joy::joy: Perfection!!
  • Options
    p-para-Xylenep-para-Xylene Posts: 230 Member
    @p-para-Xylene the amazing @60smusicluvr gifted me the Tiny Prodigies Center, I thought it looked good in the pictures on the store, then I saw the rest of it in-game, and was even more impressed. I get about 5 ads a day, which is probably what most people were getting before they were taken down for a while.
    @stephenhamburg, awww. :blush: I'm happy you're happy with it. <3

Also wanted to mention that I'm totally in love with Lunar Lakes. :heart_eyes: No one told me how gorgeous it was and to think at one point I was wondering if I should get it at all. I was always reading the reviews of the worlds in this forum and its usually placed toward the bottom... But, oh my, the skies are as beautiful as Aurora Skies, but the world remains light a lot longer. Yay! :) And the other planet that gets super close to it is *sings* BEAUTIFUUUUUL! I also love the world objects, particularly the pavilions. I could go on and on, but I'll just mention one last thing... The sims are pretty attractive, too, at least the ones I looked at. :smiley:

Congrats to @stephenhamburg for being giftee and to @60musicluvr for being gifter.
    5 pages of this thread to read now.
    Me1620 wrote: »
    There are so many items in the game which I have gotten a new appreciation for because of how others describe them, review them or recolor them.

I'm with @me1620, above. I keep finding more "new to me" content by reading threads where others sing the praises of items, and since I do own the store I know I have that thing somewhere. Then I get that ADD thing where I think I always want to start a new profession in a new world, and instead I just read comments and don't load the game.
    My best "secrect" find so far is the bees/beekeeping.
    Wish list free since 2015-02-23
  • Options
    I tried to run it again, but it will only launch from a clean save. So I dont think moving files is a good idea..is there a way to delete the launcher and reinstall it? The launcher wont run, and I tried to do the tsw and run it that way but I get the not responding. I am just wondering if I should uninstall and start from scratch
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

If clearing your cache didn't work go into game saves and see if you have a bad save and trash can it, also check current game file. It should be empty when you start. If it is not empty trash that and game should start up at your previous save, same with the bad save one. It will start with the previous save.

I have no idea where to find what you have said. I now have the electronic arts file on my desktop, not sure if I am supposed to put that back now and how to check the game saves or do any of the other stuff you said. I really am not familiar with working inside the game

@pixieydust go to your my documents>electronic arts>the sims 3>current game When you highlight current game it should be empty, if it is not empty highlight all the items in the current game folder and move to recycle bin. Then you can try to load the game. Sometimes if you have a crash to desk top or stop the game abruptly your game will still be in this file and it will prevent you from opening and playing a game.

If this is empty check your saves...if you have a save with bad on the end move it to the recycle bin as it is glitched and it will prevent you from playing that save. The path to it is my documents>electronic arts>the sims 3>saves If the game had crashed or gave you an error it may have saved it as a bad save and those wont load either, you will just get what I call the "circle of boredom" when trying to load it.

I hope one of these helps.

• Options
    p-para-Xylenep-para-Xylene Posts: 230 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm more caught up. Glad others are still getting mega ads.
    @Niralyn I am sorry for your loss.
    My well wishes and prayers go out to everyone having not good times (illness, money, computer woes, weather), and just when I think everything is plum I read this:
    When I was a child and a telemarketer asked to speak to my dad, I would tell them he was dead so they wouldn't call anymore haha!
    and laugh out loud. Then I worry I'm not normal.

edit: love Sani-Sim Toilets Forever, @Cogitotoro. We need a double-A side 45 single release with this and Sani-Sim Sounds of Silence version (can't find real name of your song).
    Wish list free since 2015-02-23
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    Tax time, so busy away from forums.
    Breaktime.
    Reading a bit about the icons. I don't actually know how many of them are new, but I did enjoy this one since I am dealing with our complicated taxes :scream: and just had to share this...

:scream:macaulay-culkin-writers-photo-u6.jpgpgp1373-simpsons-scream-copy.jpgarticle-2138678-12E016DA000005DC-115_306x423.jpg
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options

@pixieydust go to your my documents>electronic arts>the sims 3>current game When you highlight current game it should be empty, if it is not empty highlight all the items in the current game folder and move to recycle bin. Then you can try to load the game. Sometimes if you have a crash to desk top or stop the game abruptly your game will still be in this file and it will prevent you from opening and playing a game.

If this is empty check your saves...if you have a save with bad on the end move it to the recycle bin as it is glitched and it will prevent you from playing that save. The path to it is my documents>electronic arts>the sims 3>saves If the game had crashed or gave you an error it may have saved it as a bad save and those wont load either, you will just get what I call the "circle of boredom" when trying to load it.

I hope one of these helps.

How do I load the game from the document file? I see the saves file and see the test sim save there. Do I need to move the whole file to the desktop again? Like I did before? That first time I did that, I was able to get the game to run. But after I tried again it would not work. I am wondering if I should just delete it and start over
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Sorry it didn't work @Pixieydust :( I do it all the time and never have issues

If you mean re-installing your games, it shouldn't be necessary if you can start from a clean folder. You'd have to re-install your store content though :(
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    @pixiedust you cant load the game from the document file, you can clean it up so the game will load from the launcher though.
  • Options
    @pixiedust I've learned most of what has helped me from various places on the web and in the forums. This is one of the best places to learn what to do and not do when messing with the files or having trouble with sims3. http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/welcome
  • Options
    stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    @bekkasan and @AlphaFen thank you for the gifts, I love the beret, I usually go for furnture as opposed to clothing, and only really looked into that set because the CYS for the compilation started looking good, as in achievable :smile: , and was pleasantly surprised by the good-looking items in the set. There's more of those probably going to appear :smile:

AlphaFen thank you as well for the congratulations, I'm not that bothered about the low number of ads, I get a steady trickle, and I've had my share in the past :wink:

As far as the Daily Deal is concerned :smile: I'm counting the hours down to Pushin' Pedals, according to the the Calculator I should get it for 79. After that the next biggy is Prism Art Gallery, and then Hacienda Luxury should be free.
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • Options
    I think I fixed it. I went to refresh the launcher and it popped up that I had an update so I did that and now the launcher works right away and so does the game. I just need to know where to find my old game save . My son thinks its gone for good.. Thank you everyone for the help this is super confusing
  • Options
    @pixieydust - you seem to be posting all over the place so it's tough to understand where you in fixing your files. So I am having trouble finding out what consecutive things you have done (and add the stress of taxes :scream::scream::scream:

You wrote:
    How do I load the game from the document file? I see the saves file and see the test sim save there. Do I need to move the whole file to the desktop again? Like I did before? That first time I did that, I was able to get the game to run. But after I tried again it would not work. I am wondering if I should just delete it and start over

Use Crin's file with step by step directions to restart the game with each add, to find where the step is that reintroduces the problem. I suspect that your massive download without testing it in increments, allowed a bad download/install to happen.

Crins step by step
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html

Most likely store stuff you added all in one swell foop is the cause of the problem now. Unless of course, your system specs are teetering...
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,026 Member
    @Cogitotoro Another Sani-Sim Hit! I vowed I'd never get that toilet, but I finally did. Just goes to show you...not sure what it shows you. That I can be seduced by a toilet?? :s
  • Options
    I think I fixed it. I went to refresh the launcher and it popped up that I had an update so I did that and now the launcher works right away and so does the game. I just need to know where to find my old game save . My son thinks its gone for good.. Thank you everyone for the help this is super confusing
    Didn't you put your game on your desktop? I have Marty Feldman eyes now.

Your game saves will be in the Saves folder, but you also have to be sure the items your sims were using are also in the new sims document. Look for Saves, and copy that to your new documents folder in the same place.

world-caches-folder2.jpg
  • Options
    @Cogitotoro Oh! Thank you for the Simplicity Day Dress. :) So very kind. Fifth Avenue Set...I see you down there at the end of the tunnel now! B)

Also, I just had a good MMAO (surprise, surprise!) and got Fanciful Fashion and Hairstyles down below 400, so I snagged it. :p

Off to update my signature...
  • Options
    LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    edited February 2015
    trithone wrote: »
    @LyrielSim - I put out some food for the squirrels the day before the snow, a whole dish of food just for them. I noticed today they dug through the 3/4 foot of snow down to it and were popping their heads up to look around while they ate. Smart squirrels and so cute! I am slightly embarrassed to admit I actually said "squee," when I saw them.
    Feeding the 'tree rats' eh :sunglasses: Wow, digging through nearly a foot of snow! -industrious little survivalists ain't they. That's really kind of you, its been a rough winter for critters out there, poor things. I caved too. I know a lot of folks view them as nothing more than troublesome vermin, which yeah - they can be :unamused: , but I've always found squirrels interesting. I enjoy observing them, their quirky behavior often makes me outright Guffaw. I guess turnabout is fair play, and humans might be just as amusing to them 'cause I catch 'em staring in my windows observing us from time to time :fearful: -weird. But I never could decide if they're particularly clever, or just so superhyper that they're bound to do something clever-looking eventually? such goofy goofy critters:dizzy:

re: Phone Scammers: You guys are funny! :p I took to telling them the person they're looking for is doing time in prison, hold on I'll get the contact number. And one or three actually waited! :D
  • Options
    notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2015
    I was inspired by the poem. I bought the toilet.
    Post edited by notthecar on
    1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    After many annoying complications, I fiiinaallly uploaded my Fairy Stlye Home :D
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I keep finding more "new to me" content by reading threads where others sing the praises of items, and since I do own the store I know I have that thing somewhere. Then I get that ADD thing where I think I always want to start a new profession in a new world, and instead I just read comments and don't load the game.

Kinda similar to what happened with me in CAS the other day, where I'm like, "I don't remember getting this, this, or this." Some of the items I saw I had no idea I had... And, I know this doesn't relate to the store, but I was looking at pre-built houses in the Edit Town Bin and discovered pillows on the floor! :scream: I DIDN'T KNOW WE GOT THAT WITH GENERATIONS! Plus, all the houses, particularly the Generation ones, were so well built... I bet the gurus felt a bit guilty for not making more family friendly houses. I wonder what Generations would be like if a world was attached... Hmm... :flushed: Oops. Off topic. Anyway, I looked at the dollhouse one once before, but, man, some of them are really good... And the Medieval one makes me happy, too. I'll have to place that one in Dragon Vallley sometime and lighten it up, of course. It was a little too dark for me...

I was wondering... Are there lots of pre-built houses (in the edit town bin) in other expansion packs? I already have Pets, Ambitions, Generations, Showtime, University and Supernatural. I'm most interested in Into the Future, 'cause I bet the houses are a bit more complex. Having some in the bin would be nice.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @JennaIsGhost, your home looks great! I especially like the yard and living room. I recommended it for ya! :)
  • Options
    LyrielSim wrote: »
    trithone wrote: »
    @LyrielSim - I put out some food for the squirrels the day before the snow, a whole dish of food just for them. I noticed today they dug through the 3/4 foot of snow down to it and were popping their heads up to look around while they ate. Smart squirrels and so cute! I am slightly embarrassed to admit I actually said "squee," when I saw them.
    Feeding the 'tree rats' eh :sunglasses: Wow, digging through nearly a foot of snow! -industrious little survivalists ain't they. ...
    The little guys are true Artful Dodgers. They go for the big takes too. One time, my sister had brought a snack outside to eat on the patio, then went inside for a minute to get something. When she came back, her large banana was gone. Suddenly she heard loud chittering overhead and looked up to see a pint-sized squirrel half way up the spruce tree dragging the banana with him! Another time, we saw a squirrel dig a potato out of the garden and head up a tree with it. Almost broke his neck trying that trick! And then there was the earlier case of the missing bag of candy bars... :D
  • Options
    NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    @bekkasan, thank you for the gifts! I don't usually put non-set items on my wishlist, but I loved those kung-fu pants the moment I saw them! Thank you!
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top