Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    notthecar wrote: »
    I was inspired ut the poem. I bought the toilet.
    Yay! Another convert. FYI everybody, you have to have a handy sim upgrade the toilet to get its full creepy mesmerizing abilities going. Then sit back and watch the brief standing coma.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    edited March 2015
    ...I was celebrating christmas with family in California, and got proposed to, and yes, I said yes...
    Oh now, how did I miss this happy news?! A little late but, :star: Congratulations! :star: And a 22year delay? By the 6th year of my own engagement/relationship the well meant jokes were already knee-deep. You & yours must be up to your shoulders by now! I did some post-stalking, in a non-creepy way(!) and found something you'd had your eyes on... Enjoy, and congrats again!

@Pugslover4 Rest yourself & feel better! Wipe your nose with one hand & click Ads with the other? :mask:

@Pixieydust :anguished: Oh my, I was only joking when I said here's some stuff to crash that new PC! Glad to hear it seems to be working OK again.

eta: @JennaIsGhost Rec'd! That's so sweet looking. I have such trouble making a suitable styled home for them. And no matter what I plan for any sims, I always end up building Biggie Sized echo-mansions? I've been trying to scale down, make it cozier and more appealing like yours.

eta#339: @lanlyn Funny, a banana lovin' tree rat! :D Squirrels are quicker and more observant than many realize. And Bluejays are terrific 'thieves' too. Ware the critters of the forest!
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    @calents Thank you for the Balloon Sleeve Top. Very kind of you. :)
  • Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited March 2015
    @JennaIsGhost, your home looks great! I especially like the yard and living room. I recommended it for ya! :)
    Awh! Thank you! :)
    LyrielSim wrote: »
    eta: @JennaIsGhost Rec'd! That's so sweet looking. I have such trouble making a suitable styled home for them. And no matter what I plan for any sims, I always end up building Biggie Sized echo-mansions? I've been trying to scale down, make it cozier and more appealing like yours.
    Thank you! :)
    I used to have problems sizing down as well. I would make these huge homes and end up having too much room in the middle with nothing to fill it. Haha! It just takes some practice. :)

Edit: thank you @Calents for the gift! :D
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    @pixieydust - you seem to be posting all over the place so it's tough to understand where you in fixing your files. So I am having trouble finding out what consecutive things you have done (and add the stress of taxes :scream::scream::scream:

You wrote:
    How do I load the game from the document file? I see the saves file and see the test sim save there. Do I need to move the whole file to the desktop again? Like I did before? That first time I did that, I was able to get the game to run. But after I tried again it would not work. I am wondering if I should just delete it and start over

Use Crin's file with step by step directions to restart the game with each add, to find where the step is that reintroduces the problem. I suspect that your massive download without testing it in increments, allowed a bad download/install to happen.

Crins step by step
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html

Most likely store stuff you added all in one swell foop is the cause of the problem now. Unless of course, your system specs are teetering...

Hey there!! I think you are right on the massive downloading. I got it running now. I lost my old save but that is okay I was still in the tutorial I just liked how she looked. Most of my sims are not too pretty!! LOL So hopefully I can make a pretty one again!!

Thank you all for your help! I am starting to understand a bit about the workings of the game. I am going to start to get my store stuff installed a page of 64 items at a time, then run the game. I am going back to learn some stuff.
  • Options
    RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    edited March 2015
    @JennaIsGhost i like your fairy house! so quaint, just as it ought to be :)

ETA: whoa, I earned the 100 LOLs badge! woot!
  • Options
    @Bekasan. thank you for the Haute Hip stuff!! There are so many items I would love to have in real life!! Thank you also for the help and support you and everyone else have given me to figure out how to get my game running!! I won't ever try to download and install 4 or 5 pages of stuff at once again!! LOL Not without running the game in between! I have learned my lesson, this desktop is just too old for that sort of fun!!

I bought the toilet when it came up in my mmyo the other day. I am going to put it in my house for sure!! LOL I always love to see that poem when it shows up in the dd!!
  • Options
    stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    @60smusicluvr and @Cogitotoro Uhm our toilet here has heating and lights up, but it doesn't have motion sensors, it has a remote control though :smiley:
    It's usually one of the highlights of any tour of the appartment for first time visitors. Actually tomorrow I think I'll test how far away you can be when working the remote control :smile:

@LyrielSim thank you for the congratulations, now I'm curious what it could be, I'm not logged into the store yet :smile:
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • Options
    LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    It's usually one of the highlights of any tour of the appartment for first time visitors. Actually tomorrow I think I'll test how far away you can be when working the remote control :smile:

@LyrielSim thank you for the congratulations, now I'm curious what it could be, I'm not logged into the store yet :smile:
    OMG You sound like Simsess! :o:D That, or I've been playing too long today? Hope I got that giftie right.
  • Options
    calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »

And thank you for the room divider and flowers! :smiley:
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @jennalsghost rec'd and dl'd your fairy house. Nice job!
  • Options
    @60smusicluvr and @stephenhamburg, I love the real-life uber toilet stories. @stephenhamburg, I certainly hope that you're going to test how far away the remote control works while some unsuspecting friend is in there. You cannot pass up that opportunity.

@JennaIsGhost, the house is adorable - rec'd!
    Quick question, does anybody know how to link to a particular post on a page? I used to know how to do it on the old site, but can't figure it out on this one. Thanks!

Less than 4 hours left to enter my contest!!
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    RhododendronRhododendron Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi! I am new to the store and daily deals, having just registered some of my old games and getting some free simpoints. What I am wondering is if anyone knows if/where there is a list showing all of the items/sets and how they interrelate? It seems like that would make it significantly easier to plan out how to get the maximum value per simpoint. :smile:
  • Options
    LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    edited March 2015
    Hi! I am new to the store and daily deals, having just registered some of my old games and getting some free simpoints. What I am wondering is if anyone knows if/where there is a list showing all of the items/sets and how they interrelate? It seems like that would make it significantly easier to plan out how to get the maximum value per simpoint. :smile:

Welcome to the thread! I'm not sure if there is a comprehensive list out there that shows how each of the sets are connected, but I have a thread that talks all about the cheapest ways to go about getting the store content. The link is in my signature :) I'm always happy to answer specific questions, too!

EDIT- @JennaIsGhost - Your house looks great!
  • Options
    @Rhododendron This is a good thread to follow. Check out the first post. I also use this spreadsheet for DD watching:
    Slim Final DD List
    Another good thread is here:
    Cascades Daily Deals Getting the Best Bang for your SP
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @Radlee, congrats at getting 100 Lols :D
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    @60smusicluvr and @stephenhamburg, I love the real-life uber toilet stories. @stephenhamburg, I certainly hope that you're going to test how far away the remote control works while some unsuspecting friend is in there. You cannot pass up that opportunity.

Quick question, does anybody know how to link to a particular post on a page? I used to know how to do it on the old site, but can't figure it out on this one. Thanks!

Lol. You read my mind. @stephenhamburg, you have to try that. :joy:

And to answer your question, click on the time directly above the post. :)

• Options
    edited March 2015

Hi, welcome! @Ladybugleslie's thread is great, I'm glad she shared that. There's also @kellycot1's download checklist, which lists everything. I don't know that there's really a list showing connections, because that would be really complicated (some things are in quite a few sets between sets, compilations, and featured looks). But those are a good start!

Do you have a wishlist, or a username on the TS3 Store site?

Edit: by the way, love your username!

Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    ...Quick question, does anybody know how to link to a particular post on a page? I used to know how to do it on the old site, but can't figure it out on this one. Thanks!
    Thanks for this info. I didn't realize it was that easy. :)
  • Options
    I am looking forward to the olympic thingie going on dd soon!! I am going to have enough points to buy it! YAY!!
  • Options
    stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    @Cogitotoro first I'll test how far away I can be for the remote still to work, then I'll wait innocently.

@Nevills and @haldechick02 thank you for the Soar Away Dress and the Tufted Armchair purple wonder, Nevills, have you ever heard of Londo Mollari?
    @LyrielSim wow, the gift is super, can't wait to use it in game, thank you :blush:

@jennalsghost I like your fairy house.
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    trithone wrote: »
    I put out some food for the squirrels the day before the snow, a whole dish of food just for them. I noticed today they dug through the 3/4 foot of snow down to it and were popping their heads up to look around while they ate. Smart squirrels and so cute! I am slightly embarrassed to admit I actually said "squee," when I saw them.
    You do have to be a bit careful about encouraging them to be near your home. Like most wildlife, avoid acclimating them. If they move in under your rafters they can chew through wiring and set your workshop, garage, or your home on fire, among other things. If you raise horses or chickens, other pets, the rascals get into the grain bins or food bags (just like rats).

We have a lot of native old oak trees around here and nearly everyone in the neighborhood has recurring problems with squirrel invasions from time to time. I like them at a distance. And I love it when they appear on the forums. :Note that our squirrel keeper sometimes has to tranq the little beastie as recently reported. :sunglasses::heart:

Pixieydust wrote: »
    I think I fixed it. I went to refresh the launcher and it popped up that I had an update so I did that and now the launcher works right away and so does the game. I just need to know where to find my old game save . My son thinks its gone for good.. Thank you everyone for the help this is super confusing
    Can you do a search for the name of the folder? Saves

File name extensions on saves are .sims3 and .backup, so when you find the Saves folder, it will have your saves with those extensions. If not on your desktop or other user folders--might be in your recycle bin?

I am happy that your game may be running stable again. I hope we can find your saves.
    Would be a good idea to back up your working TS3 folder onto CD or whatever method you use.

1. Safest to do installs, even the store stuff, in increments.
    2. Do NOT forget to delete cache, especially when you have changed game files, by adding stuff.

Here's a short version of a batch file, windows users can open notepad and give this file a name like CacheKiller.bat
    put it next to your game shortcut, and click that before starting a game. It deletes your Cache files then closes.

You will have to edit the file to the actual cache location on your computer.
    @echo off
    del "D:\Users\<user>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CASPartCache.package"
    del "D:\Users\<user>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\scriptCache.package"
    del "D:\Users\<user>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\compositorCache.package"
    del "D:\Users\<user>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\simCompositorCache.package"

Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    calents wrote: »
    And thank you for the room divider and flowers! :smiley:
    My turn. B) Thank you for the Very V-Neck Sweater! I'm almost to the point of clicking buy for Fifth Avenue Fashions. Much appreciated. And check your gift notices again too. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ...Quick question, does anybody know how to link to a particular post on a page? I used to know how to do it on the old site, but can't figure it out on this one. Thanks!
    Thanks for this info. I didn't realize it was that easy. :)

Neither did I, 13 minutes ago. :mrgreen:

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top