Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi everyone! :) Ohhh it's a little quiet here, I hope all is well?

But I have Bluto up on the exchange now, she has been CUSTARD checked and ready to go,

Here is the link. :)

"http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8589680http://
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Great pictures. Still here just watching tv and everything. Anything about toddlers.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Your link was redirecting back to the main page @christinebremner
    I've fixed it for you :)thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8589680

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely dog <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »
    Your link was redirecting back to the main page @christinebremner
    I've fixed it for you :)thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8589680

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely dog <3

Oh dear I do it everytime! :o I mess the link up a lot and thank you for fixing it! :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    WylseyWylsey Posts: 383 Member
    Podcast is underway :) The conversation going on between these brilliant ladies is inspiring. Can't wait for you all to hear it :) I really feel this is going to prove so much.
    Penguin Party is a group made to encourage the community to share their visions, hopes and dreams for The Sims series, We as a group hope to get your voices heard and spread as far and wide as possible.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I have been away, playing my Sims 2 fantasy medieval hood and having a blast! Unfortunately my downloads folder has grown considerably :smiley: wish that Sims 4 was more like Sims 2 :( I dont give them jobs so far they just are all farmers. I am going to make a blacksmith tho. I need to just make a medieval documents folder because there are way too many default replacements I need to be truly immersed. It just does something when a school bus comes along... Maybe I can drop default replacements into a folder and yank folder out to desktop when I want to play "regular" Sims?
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm still around too. I'm currently trying to get back into the flow of CAW. It's been some time since I last created a world so it may take me a little while to get back into it. Sculpting and painting my world is what I like best about CAW. Anyway, I usually check in here daily in case we have BREAKING NEWS on our beloved toddlers.

Edit : seems my iPad thinks it can read my mind
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Ok you guys that was fun! Thank you to @Wylsey, @BettyBoop55 @Anavastia for three hours of fun chat about the issues. Seriously you guys thats going to make a few podcasts!
  • Options
    Il catch up on the thread now :) it was quiet because we were recording the podcast-I really hope you guys will love listening as much as we loved making it and maybe next time some of you will join in the chat too :) until then we will be looking for visuals and video for @Wylsey‌ to put as the visual part of the podcast on YouTube so any volunteers?

@christinebremner thank you for sharing <3 I mentioned you in the podcast, hope you don't mind! Lol.

@JaciJade‌ lovely to see you honey :) I think we all do that ;)

@gayars that's incredible-you must share pics one day <3

@Puddinroy nice to see you, not yet :(

@‌blueasbutterfly <3

• Options
    Il catch up on the thread now :) it was quiet because we were recording the podcast-I really hope you guys will love listening as much as we loved making it and maybe next time some of you will join in the chat too :) until then we will be looking for visuals and video for @Wylsey‌ to put as the visual part of the podcast on YouTube so any volunteers?

@christinebremner thank you for sharing <3 I mentioned you in the podcast, hope you don't mind! Lol.

@JaciJade‌ lovely to see you honey :) I think we all do that ;)

@gayars that's incredible-you must share pics one day <3

@Puddinroy nice to see you, not yet :(

@‌blueasbutterfly <3

Hi @sparkfairy1 ! <3 Ahhh that sounded like fun! :) aww You mentioned little ol' me? lol I don't mind at all. :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    I'm glad @christinebremner :) I was discussing your commitment in creating your world and how much work that is that's shared with the rest of us :)
  • Options
    Rrriot_KittyRrriot_Kitty Posts: 167 Member
    edited February 2015
    marcellala wrote: »
    StaceyUK wrote: »
    I have a family play question: what is the difference between legacy and generational play?

Well, if you still want to hear the opinion of a "strict" competitional (one who counts points) legacy challenge player:

I personally miss toddlers the most because they add a certain difficulty level for achieving goals, especially if you have a lot of toddlers at once. That's why i always cringe if people ask for toddlers who need no help from their parents to teach them skills and such and that you shouldn't get a reward for playing the stage.

Ha! Yes! I miss toddler age for the ability to cram skills into them early, the way you could in S2! That age was absolutely INVALUABLE for getting a head start on skills in that version, no matter what my sims' aspiration, they all had totally maxed skills (yes, and a fabulous life, too, I also wrote stories with my legacies!) by no later than heading off to college, mostly due to that toddler head-start.

I absolutely want toddlers that not only want to learn to walk, talk, use the potty, (and develop family relations at the same time)--oh, you remember how they'd learn it faster if grandma or grandpa taught them? (And with the light-bulb skill hat!)--but I want them to learn at least some basic skills that can transfer to later ages. I know we've come some way, since the 10-skill levels of sims 2, but surely, we can work some skill advantages/boosts into toddler age, for skills they might choose later!

• Options
    In fact, I'm finding s4 completely disruptive to my playstyle, to go back to the legacy thing. Who can play a legacy with no toddlers?!
    Not only that, the rest of the issues with generational play in s4, have completely fouled up any ability for me (and a lot of people) to truly enjoy ''legacies''. All that ''managing not-in world sims'', too! Omg.
    While it has slowly improved, it still needs improvement.
  • Options
    Did you guys see this?

(Please excuse my poor ability to navigate/manage forums, I'm still re-learning how to, but I'll try to do this right)

''@Scobre wrote: »
    I hope the Gurus had fun with the Sims anniversary parties.

Could there be a game pack revolving around flamingos and gnomes and lawn ornaments with a secret world in which gnomes can kill a Sim?

Any plans of making babies not tied to objects?

Why do my Sims actions keep canceling whenever I try to tell them to do something?

What will the aliens be like in the first EP?

Can land line telephones and newspapers return for elders and Sims that want to be technophobes?

Anyway of adding options to change the color of the UI and loading screens for the Sims 4 so headaches are less?

@SimGuruLyndsay wrote:
    ‘‘I do love flamingoes & gnomes - we are always trying to come up with creative ways to sneak in more fun stuff with them. We don't endorse killing Sims but accidents can happen... fun idea :)

We definitely want to make babies more meaningful and interactable. I can't promise anything but we talk about it alot.

Aliens will be great! Really though - we'll be sharing more information about them in the next few weeks so I can't spoil it now. One tidbit - they can glow!

I was following a really interesting thread on here about why land lines & newspapers were important. I totally see the point of view. It's something on my list of things I'd like to do (no promises as to when!)

I was literally talking to my UX & UI leads just the other day about the load screens. We have a really cool plan to revamp them in a pretty aesthetically different way. We'll share more info as we can but it's certainly high on my list to address as well.''

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13293877/#Comment_13293877

(I apparently can't quote it, bc that discussion has been closed right now)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Grace1974P wrote: »
    Did you guys see this?

(Please excuse my poor ability to navigate/manage forums, I'm still re-learning how to, but I'll try to do this right)

''@Scobre wrote: »
    I hope the Gurus had fun with the Sims anniversary parties.

Could there be a game pack revolving around flamingos and gnomes and lawn ornaments with a secret world in which gnomes can kill a Sim?

Any plans of making babies not tied to objects?

Why do my Sims actions keep canceling whenever I try to tell them to do something?

What will the aliens be like in the first EP?

Can land line telephones and newspapers return for elders and Sims that want to be technophobes?

Anyway of adding options to change the color of the UI and loading screens for the Sims 4 so headaches are less?

@SimGuruLyndsay wrote:
    ‘‘I do love flamingoes & gnomes - we are always trying to come up with creative ways to sneak in more fun stuff with them. We don't endorse killing Sims but accidents can happen... fun idea :)

We definitely want to make babies more meaningful and interactable. I can't promise anything but we talk about it alot.

Aliens will be great! Really though - we'll be sharing more information about them in the next few weeks so I can't spoil it now. One tidbit - they can glow!

I was following a really interesting thread on here about why land lines & newspapers were important. I totally see the point of view. It's something on my list of things I'd like to do (no promises as to when!)

I was literally talking to my UX & UI leads just the other day about the load screens. We have a really cool plan to revamp them in a pretty aesthetically different way. We'll share more info as we can but it's certainly high on my list to address as well.''

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13293877/#Comment_13293877

(I apparently can't quote it, bc that discussion has been closed right now)
    Yeah I tried asking about the babies for a change. I will be asking about the toddler files this coming week. :) It's not a straight answer but at least it is something. I wasn't quite sure what she meant by that. I'm really hoping we at least get a sling for them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Ok so I've been playing the Sims 4 again off and on. I found some really cool mods I've been happy with so far. I haven't tried the pause pregnancy one yet. Some are family related and some just make the Sims smarter.

Fixes Autonomy: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=547028
    No dollhouse smashing: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=547981
    Pregnancy Mega mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=547232
    Pauses pregnancy: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=548186
    Quadruplets/Quintuplets: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=545348

I recently got suggested the Autonomy mod by another Simmer and was simply amazed by how much smarter it made my Sims. Somehow it made the canceling of actions due to pathfinding more noticeable too, so that was nice. The mega mod is just cool because it pretty much tells you the sex and how many babies you are going to have and it can speed it up or go back or forward to a pregnancy stage. There are also other options too like even changing the number of babies you want to have.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I love the autopause pregnancy mod! Makes rotation play so much better!
  • Options
    Andygal wrote: »
    I love the autopause pregnancy mod! Makes rotation play so much better!
    I'll have to try that one out too then. I'm a big rotational player as well. I think I have twelve save files of families now. I tend to make the family sizes big in all my Sims games.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited February 2015
    So I decided to give the Autonomy mod a go and my sims autonomously went and tried for a baby, lol. So we're expecting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: A nice touch was that as soon as she found out that she was expecting she went to tell her boyfriend the news :smiley:
    edited for typo
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Grace1974P wrote: »
    In fact, I'm finding s4 completely disruptive to my playstyle, to go back to the legacy thing. Who can play a legacy with no toddlers?!
    Not only that, the rest of the issues with generational play in s4, have completely fouled up any ability for me (and a lot of people) to truly enjoy ''legacies''. All that ''managing not-in world sims'', too! Omg.
    While it has slowly improved, it still needs improvement.

One thing, that really ticked me off was that Pinstar mentioned in one post that he found it strange how a baby turned into a child the first time, but that he found toddlers to be annoying and got used to it quickly.
    I mean, he is the creator of a family-oriented Legacy challenge and is ok with a missing life stage?
    I felt let down by him, that was really yibsimish.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    The mods sound really interesting, I've been lurking and reading about them all as you guys have mentioned them. I just can't bring myself to mod my game when I feel EA should be fixing it. also it's still way too bright for my eyes so it's moot but nevermind I'm really glad to see that these things can be fixed - on the other hand, why is EA dragging their feet about it?
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    That's the question @blueasbutterfly and you've got to ask when the zero emotional response bug has yet to be fixed-that's one of their selling points for the game-if it doesn't work for a lot of simmers that needs to be a priority because of course it's under scrutiny for that reason.
    It does make me wonder if their track record on squishing bugs is any different from TS3 and we all know that was far from stellar :(
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Well they did fix a lot of bugs with ts3. They left a lot, but they fixed a lot >.> yanno there were just... a lot....
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    I hadn't played so much this weekend, but I did make some nice pictures :) I might play later today, but I want to finish two chapters of my Don Lothario story on my site. :)

A cute picture of Lily who is already showing the werewolf inside of her.
    Screenshot-60.jpg

Michael giving his little girl a bath!
    Screenshot-59.jpg

This is Jamie Rossed, he's the last survivor of the third generation. I noticed a pop up that his second wife Naya was pregnant again and I really wanted to witness the birth of their last child. It's funny, this was suppose to be the tenth child of Jamie and he still acts like a fool :P
    After the birth of the child; a boy named Benjamin, it turned out she was carrying twins and also gave birth to a daughter named Esmee. 4 more simdays and Naya turns in to an elder :P
    Screenshot-74.jpg

And last Michael with his new girlfriend Sirine, who also might be his future wife. I like them together, though I doubt Michael will stay faithful, he still hooks up with other girls whenever I go check on another household.
    Screenshot-80.jpg

Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

• Options
    Well they did fix a lot of bugs with ts3. They left a lot, but they fixed a lot >.> yanno there were just... a lot....

Yeah that's the trouble, once they are out there it's hard to work out what's causing them and sort it :(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top