March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW: ASK A SIMGURU – 11AM TO 12 NOON PST TUESDAYS

Comments

• thesimsfairy47thesimsfairy47 Posts: 6,116 Member
    Good evening

I would like to ask you if it would be possible to have a career and own a business at the same time?
    Sims 5 artstyle poll Here
    monday-to-friday-workweek-graphic.jpg
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    First time here, hi Gurus :D
    1. Can we visit the hospital without working there?
    2. Will npc's run stores?
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Hello everyone :)
    <3HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE SIMS! <3
    edlbubv7v4ke.png
    I'm a bit late with this, but I missed the previous thread :disappointed:
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Good Morning!

First let me say thank you for Geneology patch and family trees....awesome addition to the game!

My question is in regards to Game Options, under Game Play. Autonomy - where you can switch Full or Off. What is supposed to happen when you turn it off? I really don't see a difference...the free will is still there. My Sims aren't doing what I tell them (LOL), & if I select a specific computer they may use another one in the house (which is bad for me, as I have my home setup with designated 'emotions' rooms).

Also - just wanted to see if you were aware that the relationship panel doesn't match the family tree for pre-existing families. I caught this the other day when my step-father Sim flirted with his step-daughter. Family tree is perfect, but the relationship panel shows 'acquaintance'.

Lastly...the maid - is there a bug? My maid comes over and does nothing. Every time I leave the lot & come back I pay $40.00. I'm back & forth a lot with my Sims...so lets just say my maid is racking up the Simoleons even though he/she isn't working.
    And many thanks for the latest update. Now my bears have their own family tree.
    q7twxfjtjeex.png

And the cats are impressed with the new underwear ;)
    s1vo2db11au3.jpg
    @SimGuruLyndsay I was awkward with the camera in the Sims 4 at first. But I studied your thread and now I seem to have tamed this wild thing :P Thank you very much for your advice <3
    I really love the bear costumes made for all ages :heart_eyes: It's great that you can make your sims wear the costumes everywhere, even in the swimming pool.
    0h1ohyns991u.png
    uzl2h2cgyayq.png
    But sometimes the bears turn into humans making the fairy tale even more wonderful:
    Daddy Bear goes to work, pretending to be a human :wink:
    ib46sl3oflzk.png
    Mommy Bear lost her "skin", hurrying to save her home from fire:
    d0upwrbcxnat.png

I wish we had more costumes of different animals in game: of cats - of course :mrgreen: - of lions, tigers, foxes... I love costume parties :wink:
  • JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi Gurus

Is it true that something woohoo related is coming this Friday, just in time for Valentine's Day perhaps?
  • SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    chealsycat wrote: »
    I really love the bear costumes made for all ages :heart_eyes: It's great that you can make your sims wear the costumes everywhere, even in the swimming pool.
    0h1ohyns991u.png
    uzl2h2cgyayq.png
    But sometimes the bears turn into humans making the fairy tale even more wonderful:
    Daddy Bear goes to work, pretending to be a human :wink:
    ib46sl3oflzk.png
    Mommy Bear lost her "skin", hurrying to save her home from fire:
    d0upwrbcxnat.png

I wish we had more costumes of different animals in game: of cats - of course :mrgreen: - of lions, tigers, foxes... I love costume parties :wink:

This is awesome - I love how much fun you're having with the suit! @SimGuruGrant would be proud :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm sorry one more question, is there going to be a tool to put stuff in sale like in TS2 or pedestals and rugs like in TS3? :O

Thank you very much gurus :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    9b8ll wrote: »
    Hey, Thanks for having the time to chat with us gurus! :)

Three I have three questions. In GTW you have since you can choose the Businesses careers I was wondering can you choose you own custom outfits for employees like in Sims 3 showtime where like you could choose any outfit to wear to work? I would hope you can do that? I hope that you can do this to all careers in the future one day.

Speaking if Retail and business side of GTW I hope you do a Create a world tool one day too where you can have lots of Shopping Districts!? Imagine worlds created by Talented people from the Sims 3 like @Rflong7 and more to come create custom districts and more in the Sims 4.

Finally I have a Problem/bug in offline mode where I can't see any CC item that I made in the Gallery but when I go on Online mode I can see the Advanced tag and my Sims that I Saved using CC items!

Congratulations on being the first person to post today and with such good questions :)

Yes, you can choose your own employee outfits for the active careers in GTW.
    I love the idea of having players create custom districts. Who knows what might be possible in the future.
    Not sure what is happening here but Gallery requires you to be online to access it. Not sure what you are seeing in offline mode. If you continue to have problems, please PM me with more information.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
    chealsycat wrote: »
    @SimGuruLyndsay I was awkward with the camera in the Sims 4 at first. But I studied your thread and now I seem to have tamed this wild thing :P Thank you very much for your advice <3

Glad you like the new update & that the camera post helped!
  • lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited February 2015
    Haven't seen the question yet today, but are you looking into or thinking about adding more life stages into the game? Like for instance... Toddlers?

I'm aware people have probably touched on this before, but has the tide changed at all? Is it a consideration at all? Throw the community a bone or a piece of dust. A good chunk of us are still waiting for this life stage to be added and we need to know if there is hope or if we should give up hope and move on.

If you won't answer that question, let's try...

The latest blog/news post suggested that aliens are hidden as normal sims and you must discover them. Is there a reason why this is so? Will there still be abductions and the possibility of having an alien lineage in my game without making my main sim an alien hunter of sorts?

Also, Is it possible for you to run a business from your Sim's home?

Thanks. :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    Happy Tuesday! Will you be having a q & a session with the 'medical' video or is it just a non-live video release?

I'm not gonna mention anything at all about toddlers in this post. Oops :D
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,615 Member
    I was literally talking to my UX & UI leads just the other day about the load screens. We have a really cool plan to revamp them in a pretty aesthetically different way. We'll share more info as we can but it's certainly high on my list to address as well.

This is great news! I hope the changes will be optional, and perhaps separate - some people (me, but others I've seen post as well, mostly in the fall) have issues with the loading screen but like the clean, low-profile UI.

You said earlier that the new work locations are fully open. Will they be open to our Sims who aren't in those careers too?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mrsclark69mrsclark69 Posts: 9 New Member
    First of all let me just say that I absolutely LOVE The Sims 4. It drives me crazy reading all the ranting and raving and complaining. Do I wish the game had toddlers? Of course I do. But I'm assuming they were left out for a reason and if they can be and should be brought back at some point I'm sure they will probably show up. Or they won't. Whatever. There is plenty of other gameplay options to occupy my time. I digress though. :-P I was basically just trying to say THANKS! I do have several questions though. Twelve to be exact. :-P

1. Why can't we put fish in the cooler to keep it fresh until we get home? Is there
    ANY way to keep fish fresh until you get home?

2. Why can't we sort by order of friendship anymore?

3. Where can I find the hours which venues are "open" and "closed"?

4. Along those same lines, where can I find the information of where I can meet certain ages? I have googled and can't find the info anywhere! For example, for some reason the lounge attracts a lot of elders. Night clubs have a lot of young adults, that makes sense. What about the rest of them? Side note - why are there kids allowed in the bars and night clubs?

5. I know tombstones and urns spawn ghosts in the regular game and you can release their spirit, or move the urn or tombstone to get rid of the ghost. Is there any way to get rid of them in granite falls? I can't find any urns or tombstones.

6. What the heck does "Auto expand all notifications" mean? I have clicked it and unclicked it and can not figure out what it does!

7. Why can't we randomize traits and aspirations like we can randomize clothes, hair, pretty much everything else? It would be SO convenient to not have to use a third party webpage to randomize traits and aspirations for me! This is SO high on my wish list!

8. Why is it so HARD to get promoted? Seriously on a normal life span I am never getting past level 5 and I'm a seasoned Sims player. They complete all their tasks right away, go to work in their correct mood, and it still takes several days before a promotion. I don't like cheating to get to the top career levels!

9. Why do they always go wash their dishes in bathroom? I have even made sure I am am using a sink in the kitchen labeled KITCHEN sink, and my sims still take their darn dishes to the bathroom. So annoying.

10. Lately the Grim reaper has been hanging around EVERYWHERE, even when no one has died. What's up with that?

11. What's the point of generic lots? No one comes?

12. Why can they chat all day somewhere and still need to be "introduced" before they can start building relationship points?

Thanks again!

Jennifer Clark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Vrooman123 wrote: »
    is there a time frame for fixing some the small features: Cleaning frenzy= they just stand there / Sims not being played develop all kinds of romantic relationships even when they are in a relationship or married (they all seem to be cheaters, when I'm not looking) / name change still not working / game freezes for a few seconds but the game clock keeps moving ?

Thanks for the feedback vrooman. I'll follow up with the team. I'm pretty sure I've heard about most of these in one way or another but I'll double check.
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    SulSul! ;)

First of all, I want to thank all of you SimGurus for your great work and what I really appreciate is that you take the time to actually seek contact with us. It’s really good to have you guys around! :)

Now thank you everyone, I really do hope you get to read my comment and I want to especially thank you for taking the time to do so. I always wish to be able to help improving the games I love and give ideas, this thread makes me feel like, maybe, I actually can :)

Wow, that was a long post. Thanks for all your great feedback. It's really too long to address here but please do know that I will make sure that the appropriate people in studio get to read it.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi SimGurus,

You've highlighted The Legacy Challenge on one of your blogposts. I know have an issue related to that playstyle.

Part of the rules for a legacy challenge is that traits of the heirs and spares are random, but you took the randomize button for this away. It would be really nice if you put it back in, because it gets tedious to use tools outside of the game.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2015
    Scobre wrote: »
    I hope the Gurus had fun with the Sims anniversary parties.

Could there be a game pack revolving around flamingos and gnomes and lawn ornaments with a secret world in which gnomes can kill a Sim?

Any plans of making babies not tied to objects?

Why do my Sims actions keep canceling whenever I try to tell them to do something?

What will the aliens be like in the first EP?

Can land line telephones and newspapers return for elders and Sims that want to be technophobes?

Anyway of adding options to change the color of the UI and loading screens for the Sims 4 so headaches are less?

I do love flamingoes & gnomes - we are always trying to come up with creative ways to sneak in more fun stuff with them. We don't endorse killing Sims but accidents can happen... fun idea :)

We definitely want to make babies more meaningful and interactable. I can't promise anything but we talk about it alot.

Aliens will be great! Really though - we'll be sharing more information about them in the next few weeks so I can't spoil it now. One tidbit - they can glow!

I was following a really interesting thread on here about why land lines & newspapers were important. I totally see the point of view. It's something on my list of things I'd like to do (no promises as to when!)

I was literally talking to my UX & UI leads just the other day about the load screens. We have a really cool plan to revamp them in a pretty aesthetically different way. We'll share more info as we can but it's certainly high on my list to address as well.
    Thank you for answering the questions. I guess the action canceling I can ask the EA help center about. I did get a huge headache last night while playing the Sims 4 because of the UI and loading screens and I keep trying to tweak my game and screen options but nothing is helping. So it will be nice to have the loading screens revamped.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Good evening

I would like to ask you if it would be possible to have a career and own a business at the same time?

Yes - playing a career or running the business are different systems so you can do both (it'll keep your Sims really busy!)
  • 9b8ll9b8ll Posts: 13 New Member
    edited February 2015
    > @SimGuruBChick said:
    > 9b8ll wrote: »
    >
    > Hey, Thanks for having the time to chat with us gurus!
    >
    > Three I have three questions. In GTW you have since you can choose the Businesses careers I was wondering can you choose you own custom outfits for employees like in Sims 3 showtime where like you could choose any outfit to wear to work? I would hope you can do that? I hope that you can do this to all careers in the future one day.
    >
    > Speaking if Retail and business side of GTW I hope you do a Create a world tool one day too where you can have lots of Shopping Districts!? Imagine worlds created by Talented people from the Sims 3 like Rflong7 and more to come create custom districts and more in the Sims 4.
    >
    > Finally I have a Problem/bug in offline mode where I can't see any CC item that I made in the Gallery but when I go on Online mode I can see the Advanced tag and my Sims that I Saved using CC items!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Congratulations on being the first person to post today and with such good questions
    >
    > Yes, you can choose your own employee outfits for the active careers in GTW.
    > I love the idea of having players create custom districts. Who knows what might be possible in the future.
    > Not sure what is happening here but Gallery requires you to be online to access it. Not sure what you are seeing in offline mode. If you continue to have problems, please PM me with more information.
    Thank You so much for responding I definitely hope to see create a world tool soon :)
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Hi SimGuru's!

I hope you're doing well. Congratulations on the 15th year aniversary. :)

When will you be able to answer questions about Sims 4 Get to Work?

I just have a couple incase you can...

1. Will there be loading screens for lots in the new district?
    2. Is it possible to add in a barista skill for the upcoming expansion?
    3. Is it possible to create a home business?

I totally understand if you can't answer them!
    Aussie_Simmer
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top