Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Anavastia wrote: »
    ;_; i can't figure out how to add the doggy to my family right now. Am i suppose to do it through the edit screen?

Not an expert but when you have downloaded go into CAS and find dog. Make him into a household so he appears in your library. Go in edit town select dog and choose to merge with family :)

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Yeah mods and getting attached to my cartoon smurf family somehow keeping me playing. I did make some NPC character from the ex-MMO I used to play too. Force of habit me using mods since the Sims 2. I remember in the Sims 1, putting my picture onto a Sim and that was kind of odd looking. Making my own CCs was kind of fun too. I haven't tried to make my own Sims things since the Sims 1 I admit. I'm not smart enough to make my own mods I know, but maybe I'll attempt to make my own CCs again sometime. I really miss the body shop the Sims 2 had. I might have made some of my own CCs with that too. Being able to create my own toddler clothing would be fun. Maybe I'll try it sometime with the Sims 2.

Sims 4 Studio is simpler to use than I feared it would be. It's still a lot more work than using CASt, but making basic retextures is fairly straightforward. I wouldn't be so condescending as to exclaim "it's easy", but if you have a basic familiarity with photoshop, gimp or another program with .dds capability (gimp needs to have the .dds plugin) it won't be too far outside your comfort zone.

I've just started looking at the whole how to make a tuning file thing and dang, my head is spinning now :tired_face: not at all in my comfort zone.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Yeah mods and getting attached to my cartoon smurf family somehow keeping me playing. I did make some NPC character from the ex-MMO I used to play too. Force of habit me using mods since the Sims 2. I remember in the Sims 1, putting my picture onto a Sim and that was kind of odd looking. Making my own CCs was kind of fun too. I haven't tried to make my own Sims things since the Sims 1 I admit. I'm not smart enough to make my own mods I know, but maybe I'll attempt to make my own CCs again sometime. I really miss the body shop the Sims 2 had. I might have made some of my own CCs with that too. Being able to create my own toddler clothing would be fun. Maybe I'll try it sometime with the Sims 2.

Sims 4 Studio is simpler to use than I feared it would be. It's still a lot more work than using CASt, but making basic retextures is fairly straightforward. I wouldn't be so condescending as to exclaim "it's easy", but if you have a basic familiarity with photoshop, gimp or another program with .dds capability (gimp needs to have the .dds plugin) it won't be too far outside your comfort zone.

I've just started looking at the whole how to make a tuning file thing and dang, my head is spinning now :tired_face: not at all in my comfort zone.
    Oh cool, I'll have to try it out. I should try making a white recolor for hairs so my smurf babies can have white hair if I want.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Good afternoon! Today at the Larson residence Emma was a victim of theft. The perpetrator was none other than her brother Joshua. Enjoy! :heart:

snapshot_c074c774_81f77b59_zps9fc7f83f.jpg
    snapshot_c074c774_21f77b5a_zps8ccd3bbf.jpg
    snapshot_c074c774_21f77b5b_zpsac0cb1d8.jpg
    snapshot_c074c774_61f77b5c_zpsedf3b305.jpg
    snapshot_c074c774_61f77b60_zps54ddd25a.jpg
    snapshot_c074c774_81f77b61_zpsbc77c459.jpg

Too adorable for words. Hopefully someday we get stuff like this in Sims 4.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Cutest theft ever! But also... poor baby <3
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    On my optimistic days I let myself believe that this extended delay is because they're busy creating a-mazing toddlers. All the best bits from TS2 and the highlights from TS3.

Hush now. Let me have this moment :grin:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    Genji TakayaGenji Takaya Posts: 45 Member
    > @JaciJade said:
    > GrayLady2010 wrote: »
    >
    > Good afternoon! Today at the Larson residence Emma was a victim of theft. The perpetrator was none other than her brother Joshua. Enjoy!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Too adorable for words. Hopefully someday we get stuff like this in Sims 4.

u have a dream family ; v ;

TS4 really should have stuff like that ; v ;
  • Options
    Leroy tells a funny story...
    XT2wFdB.jpg
    Then time for a family hug
    KNc2VkK.jpg

I aged my sim's creepy baby up nearly straight away. It's so sad to want more family play while being creeped out by the rubber baby object. Next thing you know they'll be saying ppl don't like playing babies and sims will give birth to 10 year olds. Well at least he's a cute kid and she snapped right back to her pre-pregnancy figure. Just. Like. That.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    angl2005151angl2005151 Posts: 149 Member
    Awesome pictures @Angl2005151 :) haha the dad going into panic with the upcoming birth makes me laugh every time. :) Werewolf toddlers may be destructive but are so darn cute! :)

Really cute! Now that she's a child, her dad teaches her to hunt. At least, that is how I see it :P Yesterday Michael proposed to his girlfriend, she was already pregnant with his child and now that their son is born they are planning the wedding :)

I really love your pics @christinebremner‌! Look forward in to seeing how Nicole's family is doing. Because my name is Nicole as well, it's extra fun to see xD

Nicole's Sims Story's
    www.nicolesimsstories.weebly.com

• Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    The missing Toddler stage seems very...strange. Although this was not my favourite life stage, it's odd that this is the first time they're missing since Sims 1 which is rather telling as this feels very much like a remake of the Sims 1 with the addition of emotions, multi-tasking and other minor improvements. I can't really seem them adding toddlers though, but I would like sims to be able to walk around with their babies.

Considering that I had no intention whatsoever of buying this game, but only purchased because it was on sale and my daughter was interested in the build changes. Other than that, with the stripped down base-game version that we were greeted with, I can't seem them putting the effort in to this game to add toddlers as this seems like a massive undertaking they were't planning on. They want to focus on life stages where sims are able to 'interact' with one another as Sims seem to be focus with this expansion. Ther'e's just a lot missing, in my opinion from this base game. I feel that my sims is again basically trapped at home, in order to avoid a loading screen and the requirements for specific moods at work and hours playing games, etc is tiresome. I finally felt that with Sims 3, they mastered how careers should work and was happy with them, so this turnabout was disappointing. When I play a sims game, I think freedom, but being unable to purchase specific items without using a cheat because they have to be 'unlocked' via jobs feels very RPG and console gaming to me. This worked well for the original Sims and Sims Bustin' Out (the only two good console versions of this game) but they don't feel right here.

@bobyo2001: The WooHoo is deliberate. They have to make specific changes to ensure they keep their 'Teen' rating. This isn't an EA thing, this is a game ratings thing. If this game was rated for adults, you would have to be 18 to purchase it and there goes a large percentage of their players (though I personally think a lot more of their players are in their 20's and older, like me).
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited February 2015
    I have such a cute couple now in TS4.
    But i've grown so tired of the baby-to-child-jump, i can't bring myself to have them start a family. I've already put my Legacy Challenge to a hold.

Instead of wanting toddlers less and less, i want them more and more.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    The missing Toddler stage seems very...strange. Although this was not my favourite life stage, it's odd that this is the first time they're missing since Sims 1 which is rather telling as this feels very much like a remake of the Sims 1 with the addition of emotions, multi-tasking and other minor improvements. I can't really seem them adding toddlers though, but I would like sims to be able to walk around with their babies.

Considering that I had no intention whatsoever of buying this game, but only purchased because it was on sale and my daughter was interested in the build changes. Other than that, with the stripped down base-game version that we were greeted with, I can't seem them putting the effort in to this game to add toddlers as this seems like a massive undertaking they were't planning on. They want to focus on life stages where sims are able to 'interact' with one another as Sims seem to be focus with this expansion. Ther'e's just a lot missing, in my opinion from this base game. I feel that my sims is again basically trapped at home, in order to avoid a loading screen and the requirements for specific moods at work and hours playing games, etc is tiresome. I finally felt that with Sims 3, they mastered how careers should work and was happy with them, so this turnabout was disappointing. When I play a sims game, I think freedom, but being unable to purchase specific items without using a cheat because they have to be 'unlocked' via jobs feels very RPG and console gaming to me. This worked well for the original Sims and Sims Bustin' Out (the only two good console versions of this game) but they don't feel right here.

@bobyo2001: The WooHoo is deliberate. They have to make specific changes to ensure they keep their 'Teen' rating. This isn't an EA thing, this is a game ratings thing. If this game was rated for adults, you would have to be 18 to purchase it and there goes a large percentage of their players (though I personally think a lot more of their players are in their 20's and older, like me).

But yet they host a 'Woohoo' challenge for Valentines. It's mixed messages at their best!

Yes sadly many of us feel that way, the sims4 is a departure from the usual sims pc experience :(
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Leroy tells a funny story...
    XT2wFdB.jpg
    Then time for a family hug
    KNc2VkK.jpg

I aged my sim's creepy baby up nearly straight away. It's so sad to want more family play while being creeped out by the rubber baby object. Next thing you know they'll be saying ppl don't like playing babies and sims will give birth to 10 year olds. Well at least he's a cute kid and she snapped right back to her pre-pregnancy figure. Just. Like. That.

Aww yeah I know, I aged up the baby too because it felt wrong being an object :( cute pictures :)
    marcellala wrote: »
    But i've grown so tired of the baby-to-child-jump, i can't bring myself to have them start a family. I've already put my Legacy Challenge to a hold.

I know the feeling! Glad you are playing though, even if it's not how you would like to yet :(
  • Options
    Ok time for a joke :)

Q. Why do bananas use suntan lotion ?
    A. Because they peel

B)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member

A. Because they peel

B)

I found that joke a-peel-ing. :smiley:
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Soooo.... I found the creepy baby object:
    IsgX5fg.jpg?1
    In the middle of playing with it right now.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    @Bettyboop55‌

@GrayLady2010‌

Yeah, corny jokes!!!!

kim :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options

A. Because they peel

B)

I found that joke a-peel-ing. :smiley:

Groans quietly :D

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @sparkfairy1: good morning. I'm not buying anything right now for the Sims4. I miss my family play so much. That's why I have been having fun with my Sims3 legacy. Love all the pictures.

@Bettyboop55: cute joke

@GrayLady2010: awesome pictures

@all: Just been busy with things. Will get some pictures later.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    @Puddinroy me too, I can't invest more until I know for sure EA will cater to us. So far it's not something they can talk about so as a customer it's not something I can continue to support financially, it's quite simple ;)

Until we hear better we continue to share what we expect from family play here so if they ever choose to cater to us they know clearly what's expected of family play in the sims for many, many customers. Almost at 400 pages after just three months. I'm sure that shows how popular family play is :)
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited February 2015

I know the feeling! Glad you are playing though, even if it's not how you would like to yet :(

There are some aspects i like and i even see some improvements in the game when it comes to love to detail (which it lacks the most of next to toddlers in my opinion).
    For example, the last time my legacy heir was pregnant she autonomously walked to her husband and announced the "great news". I knew they could do that when you direct them to but no sim ever did it on their own before, at least not in my game.

I've also noticed, i've overlooked certain cute interactions with objects. For example, i clicked on a wedding arch (hope this is the right word) while playing a teen and she could fantasize about her future wedding. It's a little cheezy, but still cute.

I wish they would build on that foundation rather than going down a road of more robotic object-baby jokes and just add the cutest toddlers ever.

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

There are some aspects i like and i even see some improvements in the game when it comes to love to detail (which it lacks the most of next to toddlers in my opinion).
    For example, the last time my legacy heir was pregnant she autonomously walked to her husband and announced the "great news". I knew they could do that when you direct them to but no sim ever did it on their own before, at least not in my game.

I've also noticed, i've overlocked certain cute interactions with objects. For example, i clicked on a wedding arch (hope this is the right word) while playing a teen and she could fantasize about her future wedding. It's a little cheezy, but still cute.

I wish they would build on that foundation rather than going down a road of more robotic object-baby jokes and just add the cutest toddlers ever.
    The tell spouse the great news was part of a patch in February along with the waving. Both I do like and makes my Sims feel more social. I'm starting to feel like toddlers weren't included so that babies tied to objects they could get away with. Like both babies and toddlers had cribs, but just have the baby, they just had to make the cradle and not worry about having the baby being carried around.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    That baby texture @Frogprincess_q‌ reminds me of this dancing baby video from years ago for some reason. Kinda creepy lol.

http://youtu.be/2GF3rWj0A_Y
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Good afternoon! So Emma Larson is learning to talk and finds that a little thumb sucking helps relieve the stress - syllables, consonants, WORDS! Gack!

snapshot_c074c774_c1f7af3a_zps6bf74632.jpg

However, I took a partial pic of what to me is the holy grail of toddlers - sneezing!
    I am going to try and get this on video (while I'm at it I'm also going to attempt to lose 30 pounds in two days and make the snow melt by wishing really hard. Lol.) Seriously though, little Emma was sneezing her head off last night. So you never know...

snapshot_c074c774_e1f7afac_zps2830b867.jpg

Enjoy! :heart:
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    adorable!!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top