Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WooHoo Weekend Challenge!

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Opps... well, I got them to woohoo 12 times in a night, but then zombies attacked. Guess I'll have to try this challenge another time.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Considering the fact that Valentine's Day was made possible because of a Christian martyr named St. Valentine, who was a priest in Roman times, and was tortured and executed for marrying couples in the Christian church (which was under persecution at the time) against Emperor Claudius edict (The Emperor forbade the marriage of young people because he thought that single men made better fighters)...I don't really disagree with those who don't like the concept of this contest.

But, in all fairness, it *is* just a game, and everyone has the right to their opinion. I didn't participate in this contest myself, because this weekend marks one year since my oldest daughter passed away, so this holiday will always have some negative connotations for me (she died the day after V-Day). I spent the weekend introducing my grandson to Sims 4 and spending time with his dad and my *other* daughter watching a movie on TV and going out to eat and long walks...while sharing memories of the one who is no longer with us.

Different strokes for different folks, and I'm glad a lot of people were able to have fun by poking fun at woohooing...Happy Valentine's Day!

:mrgreen:
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    NicolenessNicoleness Posts: 268 Member
    I didn't count, but I've given my poor sims some sort of friction burns. Heres for a few more!
  • Options
    NicolenessNicoleness Posts: 268 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Nicoleness wrote: »
    >
    > What time does this end?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 11:59PM PST Sunday, so another 4 hours!

So, 3AM Eastern time? Goodness I'm bad at time zones.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited February 2015
    @Jarsie9! Your avatar.. a real dog! Looks much more convincing than the other one!

I'm sorry to read of the passing of your daughter last year. I don't suppose any time is a "good" time for the passing of loved-ones but when they happen on or around otherwise festive days, it somehow seems worse. So glad you were able to mark this sad anniversary with family closeness and fond memories of the one no longer with you.

As for the "game-within-a-game", I was unable to play at all this weekend and I really wouldn't have been into this, anyway. Rang a sour note for me.. But, of course, as it says right above me, "it's a game and all in fun" so I'm glad for those who did play in that spirit and enjoyed the game in that regard.

I have a feeling they'll make the gnome and hairstyles available anyway. They'll never hear the end of it if they tell us that new hairstyles are available but "we can't have them because we fell short of a promotional goal". I would think a number of Simmers would be rather busy tanning Guru hides over this.

The gnome? personally those things creep me out. Too many Travelocity commercials I guess.

Meanwhile I still hope for a content pack down the road that allows for the customization of hair along the same lines of how we can tweak body and facial features to our personal liking. All these Sims look unique until you get to the "official Sim hairstyles".
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited February 2015
    Nicoleness wrote: »
    I didn't count, but I've given my poor sims some sort of friction burns. Heres for a few more!

Pretty sure there are 2 sexy Sim indents burned into my Sims' bed after this weekend.

And my rocket may now be powered by the fuel that is "Kitty Flirt Claw with Sounds"

@Jarsie9 - I am sorry the weekend is a sad occasion but happy you're still making new memories and Sims 4 is contributing. All the best to you and yours.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I don't know how many times that I had two couples woohooing, going on dates during this challenge, but it was a lot. One of my couples had baby girl during the challenge. B)
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I lost count but I think I've done almost 20 woohoos, which is a lot for me because I normally don't bother having them woohoo unless I am having them have a baby.

And I might get in another few before midnight.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited February 2015
    So woohoo weekend is over, at least where I live it is. Anyone think the goal was met?
    giphy.gif

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I have a character I created in my free play game (no challenges and/or story I'm trying to follow) who took an interest in Argus Brown in Sims3: Supernatural. Apparently she was super attracted to wolf-man. Anyhoo, I had it on high free will, sat back, and literally they woo-hoo'd everywhere they could in town on the first day of their romance. Wow! Talk about stamina. I didn't even have to try. I bet she'd have fun with this challenge... just in Sims 3 instead of 4.

Oh man, with sims 3 I had free will along with Nraas mods. Big mistake. I couldn't get some of my sims to stop woohooing. xD
  • Options
    HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 169 Member
    So woohoo weekend is over, at least we're I live it is. Anyone think the goal was met?

Considering we apparently woohoo a million times a day without trying, I'd say we'd definitely reached the goal lol.
  • Options
    Haylzies wrote: »
    So woohoo weekend is over, at least we're I live it is. Anyone think the goal was met?

Considering we apparently woohoo a million times a day without trying, I'd say we'd definitely reached the goal lol.
    I would like to think so, after considering that how many of us play this game worldwide. B)

• Options
    laladottyspotlalalaladottyspotlala Posts: 307 Member
    My male sim has managed to have 23 children with 8 different women during this challenge B)
  • Options
    My male sim has managed to have 23 children with 8 different women during this challenge B)
    Wow, he must have been really busy. He's very lucky that female sims have no frying pans to throw at his head in the game. Getting hit by 8 cast iron frying pans will definitely leave a few bumps on his head. :#

• Options
    laladottyspotlalalaladottyspotlala Posts: 307 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Wow, he must have been really busy. He's very lucky that female sims have no frying pans to throw at his head in the game. Getting hit by 8 cast iron frying pans will definitely leave a few bumps on his head. :#

haha it has been quite a challenge keeping them secrets from each other. lol
    ohh and update, he now has 26+ kids :dizzy_face:
  • Options
    SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    My sim that I created for this challenge woo hooed the whole neighbourhood of men then finally settled on one man and honeymooned in granite falls where the final woohoo will produce fruitage ;) This challenge rocked and I would like to thank @Rflong13 for making my special avie for the occasion :)
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • Options
    ChristieAnneChristieAnne Posts: 7 New Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 it, I only just read the update of "click file share"! All of my whoohooing has gone to waste!
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Shadoza2 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Shadoza2 wrote: »

@SimGuruBChick -- Forgive, but I find the focus on "WooHoo" / sex a very disturbing. This version of the game does not deserve the Teen rating as no one should encourage children (teens are still children) to "woohoo" for rewards. While the blog speaks of love and romance, the focus is still on the "woohoo" factor. I do not understand the direction that Maxis is taking currently.

For those that will tell me to lighten up: I am easy-going and rather risqué in some areas, but never in the area of my children. Just because it is already out there does not mean that I want it in my Teen's face via a game that was once family-orientated. Could it be time to pull the plug on my Teen's access to TS4?

Prior sims series were a lot more "risque" than this one. Sims 1 and 2 both had more 'adult' content than this or the last one. Did your children play 1 or 2? Or were they too risque for them?

The game wasn't really and totally family-oriented until legacy challenge began. It was always just a game to play however you see fit.

You should pull their plug on the access to prior versions too then.

The prior versions did not have contests that rewarded questionable activity. The 'adult content' was based on woohooing however there was not a focus on it. I understand that sex sells, but I do not want it sold to my children. My children play The Sims on wii and PS before TS4. I agree that it might well be time to put all the The Sims games on the "high" shelf.

Then pull the plug on this website, not the game.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    This is a weekend when everyone's thoughts turn to love. Romantic love, platonic love, familial love and... of course, WooHoo.

We are setting our The Sims 4 players a challenge. Are you up for it? How many times can you get your Sims to WooHoo this weekend?

We have a target, and we even have a little reward if our players manage to reach that target. Find out all you need to know here at the official blog, which goes live at 2pm PST today, which coincidentally is when the WooHoo Weekend challenge kicks off.

Hope you will all join in the fun and help us to reach our goal.

UPDATED: please remember to tick the "Share User Data" box in your game settings for this weekend. You can turn it off again as soon as the challenge finishes.

@SimGuruBChick, Woohoo and love are not the same thing. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If you read the blog that she refers to, it says that it's not just woohoo they're looking to see, but romantic interactions and dates. So no, she should not be ashamed of herself. Besides. it's just a game challenge.
  • Options
    QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    So my male sim woohoo'd with a lot of females...
    So far 11 kids and 4 women still need to give birth c':
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    So did we get the prize - weekends over
  • Options
    mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    I am hoping we don't have to wait until Thursday to find out how we did. I wonder if they will post stats as well. It would be interesting to know the most woohoos completed by one gamer.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited February 2015
    So did we get the prize - weekends over

You get the prize whether you win or not, and whether you want it or not :smirk: At worst you'll have to wait for GTW to get the hair, so don't fret.

edit: wrong smiley... LOL!
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    Apparently catloverplayer's computer went black (possibly from too much hot steamy woohoo). So there is a slight chance that the you all failed the challenge, unless you also managed to woohoo for your lives.
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    I am hoping we don't have to wait until Thursday to find out how we did. I wonder if they will post stats as well. It would be interesting to know the most woohoos completed by one gamer.
    We should find out about how we did in this challenge through a tweet either later today or tomorrow. They are probably still tallying up all those woohoo's, romantic interactions, and dates from over the weekend. :)