Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WooHoo Weekend Challenge!

Comments

• chips46chips46 Posts: 3,659 Member
    Oh My gosh all this woohoo theses Sims must be exhausted by now.
  • Holster90Holster90 Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm gutterd I've been in work so couldn't take part maybe next year hey....lol
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    This is a weekend when everyone's thoughts turn to love. Romantic love, platonic love, familial love and... of course, WooHoo.

We are setting our The Sims 4 players a challenge. Are you up for it? How many times can you get your Sims to WooHoo this weekend?

We have a target, and we even have a little reward if our players manage to reach that target. Find out all you need to know here at the official blog, which goes live at 2pm PST today, which coincidentally is when the WooHoo Weekend challenge kicks off.

Hope you will all join in the fun and help us to reach our goal.

UPDATED: please remember to tick the "Share User Data" box in your game settings for this weekend. You can turn it off again as soon as the challenge finishes.

@SimGuruBChick, Woohoo and love are not the same thing. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Actually.. although I would have put it differently, you're right-- but I decided to be mum on the subject until now--

Personally I would have found it more Valentiney to see how many players get their Sims to go on dates--- with getting the gnome and/or added hairstyles based on how many successful dates we all get our Sims to have.

I know in my game play I haven't gotten around to having them date as often as they used to. --Almost a reflection of IRL couples and families-- life gets so complicated that so many don't have time to enjoy life together.

That seems to be an ideal goal for Valentines Day-- those who are in relationships to set aside a time to rediscover one another in a variety of ways via the relative simplicity of a date.

But hey, That's Just Me.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I've had my sims woohoo in in tents and beds. My married sims Michelle and Ben woohooed all night long. Poor sims didn't get any sleep. :D:p
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Remember Darryl and Doris?
    02-13-15_9-34nbspPM_zps14cf479a.png

I had mentioned that they were expecting their first baby due to the woohoo challenge thing? Well they just had twins, a girl and a boy...

How are you feeling about that Darryl?
    02-15-15_1-40nbspPM_zps9d87f060.png

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I wonder if they are counting how many times I cancel the eating action and then re-click it to make them eat faster! hehe.

• zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Miki wrote: »
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    This is a weekend when everyone's thoughts turn to love. Romantic love, platonic love, familial love and... of course, WooHoo.

We are setting our The Sims 4 players a challenge. Are you up for it? How many times can you get your Sims to WooHoo this weekend?

We have a target, and we even have a little reward if our players manage to reach that target. Find out all you need to know here at the official blog, which goes live at 2pm PST today, which coincidentally is when the WooHoo Weekend challenge kicks off.

UPDATED: please remember to tick the "Share User Data" box in your game settings for this weekend. You can turn it off again as soon as the challenge finishes.

@SimGuruBChick, Woohoo and love are not the same thing. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Actually.. although I would have put it differently, you're right-- but I decided to be mum on the subject until now--

Personally I would have found it more Valentiney to see how many players get their Sims to go on dates--- with getting the gnome and/or added hairstyles based on how many successful dates we all get our Sims to have.

I know in my game play I haven't gotten around to having them date as often as they used to. --Almost a reflection of IRL couples and families-- life gets so complicated that so many don't have time to enjoy life together.

That seems to be an ideal goal for Valentines Day-- those who are in relationships to set aside a time to rediscover one another in a variety of ways via the relative simplicity of a date.

But hey, That's Just Me.

I think a "Dating" EP, if done right , would be really great. I'm not really into competitive woo-hooing to see how many times my sims can woo-hoo either ;) .

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2015
    Did they say what was the little reward going to be?
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Hair and a naked gnome.

• Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member

@SimGuruBChick -- Forgive, but I find the focus on "WooHoo" / sex a very disturbing. This version of the game does not deserve the Teen rating as no one should encourage children (teens are still children) to "woohoo" for rewards. While the blog speaks of love and romance, the focus is still on the "woohoo" factor. I do not understand the direction that Maxis is taking currently.

For those that will tell me to lighten up: I am easy-going and rather risqué in some areas, but never in the area of my children. Just because it is already out there does not mean that I want it in my Teen's face via a game that was once family-orientated. Could it be time to pull the plug on my Teen's access to TS4?
  • ColdHearted21ColdHearted21 Posts: 251 Member
    I have a house full of Sims (It's like the The Real World or Jersey Shore) There's a lot of love and fighting under one roof :wink:

UrMeatisNeat

Shadoza2 wrote: »

@SimGuruBChick -- Forgive, but I find the focus on "WooHoo" / sex a very disturbing. This version of the game does not deserve the Teen rating as no one should encourage children (teens are still children) to "woohoo" for rewards. While the blog speaks of love and romance, the focus is still on the "woohoo" factor. I do not understand the direction that Maxis is taking currently.

For those that will tell me to lighten up: I am easy-going and rather risqué in some areas, but never in the area of my children. Just because it is already out there does not mean that I want it in my Teen's face via a game that was once family-orientated. Could it be time to pull the plug on my Teen's access to TS4?

Prior sims series were a lot more "risque" than this one. Sims 1 and 2 both had more 'adult' content than this or the last one. Did your children play 1 or 2? Or were they too risque for them?

The game wasn't really and totally family-oriented until legacy challenge began. It was always just a game to play however you see fit.

You should pull their plug on the access to prior versions too then.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Hair and a naked gnome.
    Thanks for the info. :D

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    fullspiral wrote: »

Prior sims series were a lot more "risque" than this one. Sims 1 and 2 both had more 'adult' content than this or the last one. Did your children play 1 or 2? Or were they too risque for them?

The game wasn't really and totally family-oriented until legacy challenge began. It was always just a game to play however you see fit.

The prior versions did not have contests that rewarded questionable activity. The 'adult content' was based on woohooing however there was not a focus on it. I understand that sex sells, but I do not want it sold to my children. My children play The Sims on wii and PS before TS4. I agree that it might well be time to put all the The Sims games on the "high" shelf.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I don't think the problem lies with the fact that sims is and has has always been a little racy. Woohoo has been there from the start, yes. Sims 1 had go-go dancing in cages and cake dancers. I don't think that is what is at issue. I think what is causing a problem with some players is that EA is promoting sex as a way to get things. Pretty much, have a lot of sex and we'll give you prizes, if your sims don't put out then you wont get stuff. There are so many other ways this promotion could have been handled and maintained some class, but I guess it isn't the bro way.
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member

The prior versions did not have contests that rewarded questionable activity. The 'adult content' was based on woohooing however there was not a focus on it. I understand that sex sells, but I do not want it sold to my children. My children play The Sims on wii and PS before TS4. I agree that it might well be time to put all the The Sims games on the "high" shelf.

Is it truly any worse than other games? I'm not long out of my teenage years and this is pretty tame compared to 90% of what was marketed toward me/my cohort.

I would put the ones that promote killing, shooting people for fun, and promote disregard for other people on a higher shelf.

All M rated games are there. (The high shelf is actually a locked game cabinet.) Just never had to place a T rated one there.

I would put the ones that promote killing, shooting people for fun, and promote disregard for other people on a higher shelf.

All M rated games are there. (The high shelf is actually a locked game cabinet.) Just never had to place a T rated one there.

So, you see nothing wrong with playing them yourself yet complain about this game. You buy games for killing fun but think this is a serious problem with THIS game. I find that ironic.

qrlcode wrote: »

Is it truly any worse than other games? I'm not long out of my teenage years and this is pretty tame compared to 90% of what was marketed toward me/my cohort.

I believe what makes it worse is that it is a life simulation game. It's perceived innocents. It's not what it used to be that is certain. I became aware of the marketing strategy when I witnessed an advertisement that showed teens abusing others because they had the powers of the game. It's just the wrong way to handle it in my opinion. Where my children are concerned, my opinion is the only one that matters.

I believe what makes it worse is that it is a life simulation game. It's perceived innocents. It's not what it used to be that is certain. I became aware of the marketing strategy when I witnessed an advertisement that showed teens abusing others because they had the powers of the game. It's just the wrong way to handle it in my opinion. Where my children are concerned, my opinion is the only one that matters.

Of course it is, but I'm a little confused because nothing in the actual gameplay has changed between Thursday and today.

So, you see nothing wrong with playing them yourself yet complain about this game. You buy games for killing fun but think this is a serious problem with THIS game. I find that ironic.

No. I do not play games for killing. There are others in this home that are adults and choose their own form of entertainment. What is ironic about wanting to protect my children from moral corruption. I am an adult, I am mature enough to decide what is or is not morally correct. I do not treat my children to the same things that I do...age appropriate matters to me.

Of course it is, but I'm a little confused because nothing in the actual gameplay has changed between Thursday and today.

The challenged placed too much focus on sexual activities...that is what changed.
    Entirely my opinion and I am not asking anyone to agree or share that opinion.

The challenged placed too much focus on sexual activities...that is what changed.
    Entirely my opinion and I am not asking anyone to agree or share that opinion.

So how did the challenge change the gameplay? No features were added or removed.

No. I do not play games for killing. There are others in this home that are adults and choose their own form of entertainment. What is ironic about wanting to protect my children from moral corruption. I am an adult, I am mature enough to decide what is or is not morally correct. I do not treat my children to the same things that I do...age appropriate matters to me.

I see nothing morally wrong with the game at all. In fact, as a life simulation game it can be compassionate in showing how much we can care for each other. But those lessons come from just more than a game. You know that, and I know that.