Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Finishing Fish Collection

I have a collector Sim whom I'm using to complete every collection in the game because I'm a completionist like that but I'm having a heck of a hard time catching a Red-Tailed Black Shark, Piranha, Anglerfish and Wolf Eel. They're the only four fish needed to complete my collection.

My Sim has maxed out fishing skill and the Loves the Outdoors trait. In particular, the Red-Tailed Black Shark is driving me nuts. She's been using fish as bait and fishing at the Willow Creek park pond as recommended but no luck whatsoever after several days of fishing.

Comments

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    The big circle shows the spot with sharks and piranhas:

pond.jpg

The small circle is an entrance to a hidden mine. When you get in that mine, use any frog as bait to catch wolf eel. Also use any fish to catch Anglerfish.
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Thanks so much! I ended up catching an anglerfish and a piranha but this should be helpful with catching the shark and the wolf eel. :)
  • Options
    RiananasRiananas Posts: 2 New Member
    Wow thank you! The Red-Tailed Black Shark was driving me crazy aswell. Now i found the wolf in the mine and the shark in far back fishing area of Oasis Springs' Park.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I'm collecting aliens and space rocks at the moment and God, it's so random! :S not yet at fish though.
  • Options
    KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
    I found the piranha with my first try. My Sim was level 10 fishing and she went to the small fishing spot at the back of the Oasis Springs Park. She used Koi as bait and caught a Piranha on her first try. Now I have to find a Red-Tailed Black Shark, a Kissing Gourami, and a Wolf Eel.

@JoxerTM

Thanks so much for the pic! It helped me find the piranha, and it will hopefully help me find the shark and eel too!
  • Options
    Wow, I already just now found the shark using Perch as bait! Awesome! Thanks so much JoxerTM22!!!
  • Options
    Finally, I just found the eel where you said! I used frog as bait, and it took a while, but it finally worked. Now to find a darn Kissing Gourami...
  • Options
    songbird19songbird19 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm stuck on wolf eel and red tailed black shark as well...i've been fishing for days in the forgotten grotto with frogs but all i keep getting is bass or sturgeon and as soon as i catch a fish the little box pops up saying i've used up all my bait...also i've been to both the pond at willow creek park and the stream near the mine entrance and i haven't seen one red tailed black shark...i don't know what bait catches it but i've used all the small fish i could think of but i get nothing :( i'm a level 10 fisherman
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    To catch a wolf eel, you need to fish using a frog as bait. Wolf eels can only be found in the hidden grotto. The sim that you are sending there needs to have maxed out the handiness skill. The are two entrances to the hidden grotto. One was in the pic that you saw above, which is the Desert Bloom park. The second entrance to the hidden grotto is on a narrow ledge that's just below, and behind the Landgraab's house.
    To catch a Red-trail Black shark, the best place to catch those is at the pond in Sylvan's Glade with a minnow or some other small fish.
    To catch a Piranha, the best place to catch one of those is the pond at the park in Willow Creek with a bass fish or some other medium size fish.
    To catch an Angler fish, the best place to catch one of those is at the waterfall pool in Sylvan's Glade with a bass fish or some other medium size fish. :)
  • Options
    songbird19songbird19 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2015
    thanks so much @sunman502 i went to sylvan glade and caught a red tailed black shark on the first try...but i used a perch as bait instead of a minnow
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    songbird19 wrote: »
    thanks so much @sunman502 i went to sylvan glade and caught a red tailed black shark on the first try...but i used a perch as bait instead of a minnow
    I'm not certain if the perch is a small or a medium size fish in the game. But I have always caught a red-tail black shark with a minnow because the minnow is a small fish. And you're welcome. :)

• Options
    wallgnatwallgnat Posts: 1 New Member
    I caught my wolf eels before I got lvl 10 handiness, I got them in the willow creek park right by where you can catch some frogs on the creek. There are also some in the GTW fishing spot. I have a complete fish collection besides the batfish, and and know where to get it.
  • Options
    ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    wallgnat wrote: »
    I caught my wolf eels before I got lvl 10 handiness, I got them in the willow creek park right by where you can catch some frogs on the creek. There are also some in the GTW fishing spot. I have a complete fish collection besides the batfish, and and know where to get it.

That reminds me that I"ve got a Sim with level 10 handiness so I can go access the cave in Oasis Springs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    tc145tc145 Posts: 8 New Member
    Been trying to catch a wolf eel for ages in forgotten grotto using many frogs but still no luck. Is this a new bug or can I get this fish some other way?
  • Options
    JustabbJustabb Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know how I catch the sword fish in island living? I have tried spear fishing but only get guppies
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Luck. It's supposed to be a deep-water ocean fish, so I'd recommend putting fish traps in deep water and fishing from a boat in deep water, but you'll still need luck. Deep water would be around the scuba buoys, not the snorkeling ones.