Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimCity (flop), Sims 4 (flop). What's it going to take EA?

Comments

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Sims 3 - Base game released June, 2009
    Sims 3: World Adventures - First expansion announced 3 months later August, 2009... and released November, 2009

versus

Sims 4 - Base Game released September, 2014
    Sims 4 - 3 months later and still no expansion announced. 3 months later and Maxis is very secretive about their plans for Sims 4... there's no hype.... just nothing but crickets.

It's like they're trying to do damage control (like they had to do for SimCity), but they don't really know what to do.

It's only been 2 and a half months.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Sims 3 - Base game released June, 2009
    Sims 3: World Adventures - First expansion announced 3 months later August, 2009... and released November, 2009

versus

Sims 4 - Base Game released September, 2014
    Sims 4 - 3 months later and still no expansion announced. 3 months later and Maxis is very secretive about their plans for Sims 4... there's no hype.... just nothing but crickets.

It's like they're trying to do damage control (like they had to do for SimCity), but they don't really know what to do.

It's only been 2 and a half months.

Yes I suppose we could see the first EP hinted or something before December with an announcement sometime before the 20th of December
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    I'm kinda ready for a Russell Brand's Sweet Treats expansion.
    Jimil wrote: »
    Why are you guys fighting over this $60 demo? I don't understand. The base game isn't even out yet

In fact, Sims 4 Demo is almost identical than the full game. No need to buy, Sims 4 Demo is free!

The CAS demo is why I purchased. That was certainly wily on Maxis' part to dangle that hook out there. I thought there'd be more than that little hors d'oeuvre.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    (Bioware is the only thing that could save EA now)

It's Maxis. ;)
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

It's Maxis. ;)
    Say what you what but DA:I and the new Mass Effect will slay.
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    Last time I checked out EA's financials, they made millions in profit in a quater recently, and revenue is usually in the 6-7 billion US per year.
    Don't worry about EA. But if the game doesn't generate enough profit, EA could close their Maxis label (although very unlikely).
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member

It's Maxis. ;)

I am pretty sure the Sims 4 will when expansions and stuff packs are released.

It will beat the Sims 3 and the Sims 2.

Most likely not the Sims 1 - because not many games can beat originals, such as Grand Theft Auto. GTA V could not beat San Andreas (but that wasn't the first GTA though).
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    cale2003 wrote: »
    Why are you guys fighting over this $60 demo? I don't understand. The base game isn't even out yet

In fact, Sims 4 Demo is almost identical than the full game. No need to buy, Sims 4 Demo is free!
    getting old lol
    This game is getting old...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

It's a Cucumber. ;)

Fixed it...
  • Options

It's Maxis. ;)

Most likely not the Sims 1 - because not many games can beat originals, such as Grand Theft Auto. GTA V could not beat San Andreas (but that wasn't the first GTA though).

lolwut
    GTA2 was a meh improvement over GTA1
    GTA3 was a game breaking improvement over GTA2 (it's in 3D - holy heck!)
    GTA:VC was a nice addition to 3
    GTA:SA took it to a whole other level
    GTA:IV was a new jump, but quite a few reasons to hop back in to SA occasionally
    GTA:V and GTA:O completely trumps SA and IV.

They didn't win every round, but other than PC owners who like weird mods and straight line graphics from an old PS2 title, I can never imagine going back to SA.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited November 2014
    I don't think that sims 4 is a flop just yet. The way the forums are doesn't really reflect the sales of a game nor how the majority feels about sims 4. The sale numbers haven't officially been brought out yet so we shall have to wait and see on that aspect. As for the other part of a game being a flop does depend on individuals liking the game or not. The forums aren't used by everyone, polls are basis so really it's actually hard to answer that. There is also minority groups on both "sides" going after each other so difficult to come to a concise conclusion from that chaos.

Personally I like sims 4. I do miss toddlers, and I am hoping they put in sims 2 version toddler in it. I loved sims 2 version toddlers because they interacted with each family member more then every did in sims 3. I like in sims 4 I can do stories in game again with help from the memory tool. I missed that a lot in sims 3. I like the looks and general feel of the game play. I'm hopeful that expansion pack will only add to it.
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »

getting old lol
    This game is getting old...

sometimes I'm not even sure that it's a game
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2014
    Mauvee wrote: »
    I don't understand why people aren't giving Sims 4 a chance even, it's base game at the moment, they will add better things as time goes on. Geez.

Actually a lot of us do like Sims 4. But the same ones since even before it came out are still on here harassing all the people who like the game so much they won't even come here anymore. I know some of the group I hang around with in Sims forums for years were talking in our old thread and they are still playing and what's more enjoying the game - but refuse to even try posting here. They call it a battle ground. The minute anyone tries talking about what they are doing in the game the same old group of 10-15 Simmers come in and make fun or mock or make the thread impossible to enjoy. So it seem only me and one other simmer in my group still come here because of it all. As quite frankly it is easy to ignor what they have to say seeing you have seen it so much you already know what they have to contribute. i do go to several other places as well that talk about the game and many enjoy it and are getting antsy for new stuff to start coming out. they are eager to give EA their money.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Ok, to be fair, this was clearly a post that was going to be bashing the game. You could see it on the front page. Anyone coming here to defend it knew what he/she was getting into.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    Ok, to be fair, this was clearly a post that was going to be bashing the game. You could see it on the front page. Anyone coming here to defend it knew what he/she was getting into.

Yeah but it should be constructive both ways.
    Just trying to avoid insults/snarky comments/trolling.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member

Ah but what if you don't defend nor bash? I just answered the question politely lol.

• Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    edited November 2014
    Someone please blacklist the entire sims team from ever touching a game ever again. They have shown more than few times that they are less than capable of making anything playable.

From the horrifying tactile marketing team. To the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 guru giving demos to girls on twitter with practically toppless profile pics. From the fail and lack animations (too lazy to even create animation where the sim walks to a car and enters the car?) To the terrible coding team causing weird incest romance and dead space babies.

I am 100% positive they were aiming for the worst pc game 2014 award. My mother could make a better game than this flop 4.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Asuka7794 wrote: »
    Someone please blacklist the entire sims team from ever touching a game ever again. They have shown more than few times that are less than capable of making anything playable.

They won't stop until their is nothing left to be milked out the franchise...
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited November 2014
    Clk1143 wrote: »

Ah but what if you don't defend nor bash? I just answered the question politely lol.
    Well, that's what everyone is doing in one way or another: answering questions. It's perception that determines if the answer is seen as 'defend' or 'bash'. My point is that you should expect to face jerks when you wade into a post re: Sims 4 is a flop. Anyone who wants only positive talk should know better. The same can be said of posts like 'Sims 4 is DA BEST GAME EVA!!' I would not go into that post expecting people to approve of what I say, and I'd likely be attacked for trolling in to tell them I hate the game (or maybe because they don't like my avatar, who knows?).

Personally, I do not approve of bashing posters: keep the bashing to the game. But I'm sure I have in the past, though I honestly try not to.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I don't understand why people aren't giving Sims 4 a chance even, it's base game at the moment, they will add better things as time goes on. Geez.

Actually a lot of us do like Sims 4. But the same ones since even before it came out are still on here harassing all the people who like the game so much they won't even come here anymore. I know some of the group I hang around with in Sims forums for years were talking in our old thread and they are still playing and what's more enjoying the game - but refuse to even try posting here. They call it a battle ground. The minute anyone tries talking about what they are doing in the game the same old group of 10-15 Simmers come in and make fun or mock or make the thread impossible to enjoy. So it seem only me and one other simmer in my group still come here because of it all. As quite frankly it is easy to ignor what they have to say seeing you have seen it so much you already know what they have to contribute. i do go to several other places as well that talk about the game and many enjoy it and are getting antsy for new stuff to start coming out. they are eager to give EA their money.

It's not 'one side' over another. There are people who don't play nice all over this forum. I also know other simmers who are as disappointed as me who don't come on here because the reaction you get if you air your opinions one way or another-so essentially I have the same experience as you but from a different perspective.
    Like the sim guru said it's not too much to ask to respect each other's opinions and not make it a personal thing. Some people like to turn everything in to a battle on here and it's not needed-we are ALL sims fans otherwise this forum would be empty.
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    how is this not closed yet...
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Because they are a flop?
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

It's not 'one side' over another. There are people who don't play nice all over this forum. I also know other simmers who are as disappointed as me who don't come on here because the reaction you get if you air your opinions one way or another-so essentially I have the same experience as you but from a different perspective.
    Like the sim guru said it's not too much to ask to respect each other's opinions and not make it a personal thing. Some people like to turn everything in to a battle on here and it's not needed-we are ALL sims fans otherwise this forum would be empty.
    I share my opinions and I let others share theirs even if I don't like what they are wanting. I get sassy on the forums it doesn't mean that I am a bad person. I personally like TS4 and I really don't like coming on these forums to see the same hate post about the game everytime I am on.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    Because they are a flop?

Yeah. It hurts that Maxis went backwards from Sims 3 and turned Sims 4 into a mobile game wannabe/going to be.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Because they are a flop?

Yeah. It hurts that Maxis went backwards from Sims 3 and turned Sims 4 into a mobile game wannabe/going to be.
    How? Did they ever say this game was going to be like TS3. Its a new game and they don't have to base it off previous game like we would like them to.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641