Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimCity (flop), Sims 4 (flop). What's it going to take EA?

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    munchie885 wrote: »
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    @simgurubchick

You asked me and others to help you identify repeat offenders.. well here are perfect examples right here. You had closed a previous discussion and here they are ridiculing posters for wanting them to abide by the rules.
    Rinilex wrote: »
    The kiddies constantly running off to the mods are making this forum incredibly dull...
    The kiddies constantly running off to the mods are making this forum incredibly dull...
    They be like:
    @ SimGuruHydra I know you no longer work here or use the forums but please ban everyone.
    Jimil wrote: »
    Know when to stop. What happens on that thread stay there. Jeez. If they ever post on your wall to argue more about it, then do it there.

...nah.
    cale2003 wrote: »
    Ok im SICK AND TIRED of people calling this game a flop! Its been out for TWO MONTHS, no EPs have been released or EVEN announced yet! Give this game a chance. Call me a fanboy of TS4 all you want but not everybody hates this game.

I'm sorry that my emotion is disturbing you. :(

I'll try to go have my emotions in a corner... in secret.
    They be like:
    @ SimGuruHydra I know you no longer work here or use the forums but please ban everyone.

@ Will Wright look okay uhm I know you haven't worked on the Sims for a decade or anything but these guys are being mean to me about your game.
    They be like:

@ Will Wright look okay uhm I know you haven't worked on the Sims for a decade or anything but these guys are being mean to me about your game.

@Obama I know you never played the sims games and have a country to run but someone called me a hater and a sheep so can you yah know... bomb them?

I think its so hypocritical that your trying to avoid drama and make peace on the forums yet you never commented on this thread once. But you did just now to report us... I didn't know you were hired as the forum police?

Exactly. There was no drama until she/him/it came over here and started trying to stir up some.

I wish there was a report function to get rid of hypocrites and instigators...

Right on!
    2438683-6818887546-NEC5W.jpg

Oops! I wasn't apart of this conversation, was I? I gotta go. *Rolls away*
    It's okay, not like anyone needs sleep anyways. Sleeping is overrated, amiright?

The nightmares that'll come from this >_< :p

Katy Perry's Sweet Treats is still scarier.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    How does one become a self appointed Mod/Forum officer?
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    @simgurubchick

You asked me and others to help you identify repeat offenders.. well here are perfect examples right here. You had closed a previous discussion and here they are ridiculing posters for wanting them to abide by the rules.
    They be like:
    Know when to stop. What happens on that thread stay there. Jeez. If they ever post on your wall to argue more about it, then do it there.

...nah.
    cale2003 wrote: »
    Ok im SICK AND TIRED of people calling this game a flop! Its been out for TWO MONTHS, no EPs have been released or EVEN announced yet! Give this game a chance. Call me a fanboy of TS4 all you want but not everybody hates this game.

I'm sorry that my emotion is disturbing you. :(

I'll try to go have my emotions in a corner... in secret.
    They be like:

They be like:

@Obama I know you never played the sims games and have a country to run but someone called me a hater and a sheep so can you yah know... bomb them?

I think its so hypocritical that your trying to avoid drama and make peace on the forums yet you never commented on this thread once. But you did just now to report us... I didn't know you were hired as the forum police?

Exactly. There was no drama until she/him/it came over here and started trying to stir up some.

I wish there was a report function to get rid of hypocrites and instigators...

Right on!
    2438683-6818887546-NEC5W.jpg

Oops! I wasn't apart of this conversation, was I? I gotta go. *Rolls away*
    It's okay, not like anyone needs sleep anyways. Sleeping is overrated, amiright?

The nightmares that'll come from this >_< :p

Katy Perry's Sweet Treats is still scarier.
    Never. Mention. That. Again.

Ever.

Ever.

:p
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Did this thread morph into the closed thread? Every thread starts to look the same after a while, All this back and forth. on both sides. I'm not innocent of this either but I'm really going to try to be better about it.

If i were a new member I would be terrified to speak my mind right now.
    That thread and this thread were both negative about game. There seems to be a trend where threads criticizing the game have a horrible end to them. Hmm.....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    The_Sims_3_Katy_Perry's_Sweet_Treats_Cover.jpg

*screams bloody murder*
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    Wow now complaining that Simcity and TS4 are a flop. SimCity isn't a flop its a good game and it might not be to your expectations good but it was good. I like the smaller spaces so that all the cities work together. That's what it was meant to do. I love TS4 to its exceeds my expectations.
    Pepperjax, SC5 was a flop to so many people. I don't believe you can deny that, simply can't. It was nicknamed the SimCity fiasco by many for pete's sake.

Yeah, I think 90% of the existing fan base packed their bags and walked.

On the bright side, you can actually play SC2013 now without it being a nightmare, but being able to build a big sprawling city was pretty much the core to everyone's requirements - and the split region solution unfortunately did not fill this void. This approach has also hampered TS4 - however with a Sims game it's less important that everything is simulated at the same time, so it has a smaller effect on gameplay.

Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    How does one become a self appointed Mod/Forum officer?

i dunno... get bitten by a radioactive spider? have a lousy childhood? become a French satirical polemist to criticize intolerance, religious dogma, and the institutions of the day?

With-great-power-quote.jpg

• Options
    MauveeMauvee Posts: 185 Member
    I don't understand why people aren't giving Sims 4 a chance even, it's base game at the moment, they will add better things as time goes on. Geez.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Did this thread morph into the closed thread? Every thread starts to look the same after a while, All this back and forth. on both sides. I'm not innocent of this either but I'm really going to try to be better about it.

That thread and this thread were both negative about game. There seems to be a trend where threads criticizing the game have a horrible end to them. Hmm.....

yeah... hmmm... it's almost like they're purposely being driven off the rails... hmmmmm.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @bobyo2001 Why Bob? Whyyyy?
    :D

@SpidersWeb It could have a less effect on the game depending on the person, you know? I do believe it split the Sims fan base though :\
  • Options

The other common denominator is the people it attracts.
    Many do not post constructive feedback or participate in discussion - but rather make jokes / snarky comments / full the thread with pictures - which annoys others, then a fight breaks out, then the thread gets closed.
  • Options
    @Mauvee I posted this here already but I'll do it again:

This game has had its chance to prove to me it's worth $60. Now it needs to prove it's even worth $5. When the game was first announced and we saw pictures, I figured that wouldn't be the final style of the sims. It was. So strike one is the unappealing art style to me. Strike two was the closed world. Strike three was all the other things they took out. CASt, color wheel, toddlers, story progression, etc. So, with a game that's missing what defines the sims to me, I should give it a chance and not voice my opinion?

Fine, I'll give it a chance when The Sims 4: The Clearance Bin Edition comes out.
  • Options
    @Mauvee I posted this here already but I'll do it again:

This game has had its chance to prove to me it's worth $60. Now it needs to prove it's even worth $5. When the game was first announced and we saw pictures, I figured that wouldn't be the final style of the sims. It was. So strike one is the unappealing art style to me. Strike two was the closed world. Strike three was all the other things they took out. CASt, color wheel, toddlers, story progression, etc. So, with a game that's missing what defines the sims to me, I should give it a chance and not voice my opinion?

Fine, I'll give it a chance when The Sims 4: The Clearance Bin Edition comes out.

@bobyo2001 Why Bob? Whyyyy?
    :D

@SpidersWeb It could have a less effect on the game depending on the person, you know?

Because Katy Perry. >:)
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Mauvee wrote: »
    I don't understand why people aren't giving Sims 4 a chance even, it's base game at the moment, they will add better things as time goes on. Geez.

Because for $90 (in Australia) people can buy a complete game, filled with many months worth of playing and replay ability. E.g., Dragon Age, Diablo 3, Minecraft (although that's only $20)...and these games don't requre numerous expansion packs to feel complete.

• Options
    MauveeMauvee Posts: 185 Member
    You could have voiced your opinion in one of the other thousands of threads already spammed across the forums. I'm pretty sure they get it, I home you got your refund and went on with your day. I gave it a second shot and didn't find it to be all that bad. Sure it sucks that there is no open world or colour wheel but I always hated the toddler stage so that never bothered me. Ah well, to each their own.
  • Options
    Kittenkiss wrote: »

Because for $90 (in Australia) people can buy a complete game, filled with many months worth of playing and replay ability. E.g., Dragon Age, Diablo 3, Minecraft (although that's only $20)...and these games don't requre numerous expansion packs to feel complete.

You'd think seasons and pets would be in the base game by now. :/
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    edited November 2014
    Because who wants to wait years for the game to get good? It's not like people aren't keeping an eye on what the first EP is about but pessimism is good so when we are let down, it's nice and soft....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    EA is too busy about mobile games.

Oh wait....

Sims 4 is a mobile game for pc....
  • Options
    @SpidersWeb It could have a less effect on the game depending on the person, you know? I do believe it split the Sims fan base though :\

Yep.

I don't like open world being cut, but I'm over it now - I just adjusted to the new play style. With SC5 thought I think many were unable to adjust - it was just so much more hindering on game-play.

• Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    You could have voiced your opinion in one of the other thousands of threads already spammed across the forums. I'm pretty sure they get it, I home you got your refund and went on with your day. I gave it a second shot and didn't find it to be all that bad. Sure it sucks that there is no open world or colour wheel but I always hated the toddler stage so that never bothered me. Ah well, to each their own.

Is that to me? Because you asked a general question, and I thought I'd be nice enough to reply. And lots of us have voiced our opinions, but we will all see how the game progresses.

:)
  • Options
    Yes, I will go voice my voice in one of the other thousands of threads here. Let me just go and resurrect one -_-

No, I will voice my voice again and the threads that are currently on the first three or so pages. I also voice my opinions in threads where I see fit. It's not like I voice my negative stance on the game is happy-go-lucky threads.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Why are you guys fighting over this $60 demo? I don't understand. The base game isn't even out yet
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Because who wants to wait years for the game to get good? It's not like people aren't keeping an eye on what the first EP is about but pessimism is good so when we are let down, it's nice and soft....

I got this quote from the back of a bottle cap
    "Minimize expectations to avoid being disappointed."
    It was clearly directed at TS4.
  • Options
    KhyanLeikasKhyanLeikas Posts: 857 Member
    edited November 2014
    Why are you guys fighting over this $60 demo? I don't understand. The base game isn't even out yet

In fact, Sims 4 Demo is almost identical than the full game. No need to buy, Sims 4 Demo is free!
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member

In fact, Sims 4 Demo is almost identical than the full game. No need to buy, Sims 4 Demo is free!
    getting old lol
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet