Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimCity (flop), Sims 4 (flop). What's it going to take EA?

Comments

• Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Seriously when will it evolve...
    tumblr_lvv1fi36Zg1r1ltxt.gif
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »

It did...
    6185ae12c9ac9cc3edec2b3d1857f2e4.JPG
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    SimCity certainly was a flop. Maybe not financially but definitely from the standpoint of reception. I learned that I will never preorder another game (except from the most trusted 2K/Firaxis company) because of that thing.

That's what I learnt from 4. For some players it completely lacks what makes sims fun *for them*

And I respect that. Not every game is for everyone. Somewhere out there they may be some person who actually liked SimCity. I'm not sure why they would, but that is their opinion to have. Meanwhile I've spent tons of hours playing Sim City since last year, Sim City 4 I mean.
    And despite the simulation being based off a spreadsheet, and despite the old graphics, SC4 is still fun to play.
    Although for that type of building game with people/sim, what really rocks my socks, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (seriously it's super cheap because it's old, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is it fun).
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »

It did...
    R.I.P. Sims.... you were not delicious.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

It did...
    R.I.P. Sims.... you were not delicious.

TS4 gave me a bit of food poisoning tbh...
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    SpidersWeb wrote: »
    SimCity certainly was a flop. Maybe not financially but definitely from the standpoint of reception. I learned that I will never preorder another game (except from the most trusted 2K/Firaxis company) because of that thing.

That's what I learnt from 4. For some players it completely lacks what makes sims fun *for them*

And I respect that. Not every game is for everyone. Somewhere out there they may be some person who actually liked SimCity. I'm not sure why they would, but that is their opinion to have. Meanwhile I've spent tons of hours playing Sim City since last year, Sim City 4 I mean.
    And despite the simulation being based off a spreadsheet, and despite the old graphics, SC4 is still fun to play.
    Although for that type of building game with people/sim, what really rocks my socks, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (seriously it's super cheap because it's old, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is it fun).

Yeah, I just recently broke down and bought my first RCT game, and it was 3. It's great and like you said cheap. Makes me pine for the Sims 3 Amusement parks we never got.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Older games were more fun because they were genuine sandboxes. You could make epic sized cities, and do whatever the hell you wanted. SimCity 2013 was far, far to restrictive. Similar to Sims 3 and now Sims 4.
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    Sims 3 - Base game released June, 2009
    Sims 3: World Adventures - First expansion announced 3 months later August, 2009... and released November, 2009

versus

Sims 4 - Base Game released September, 2014
    Sims 4 - 3 months later and still no expansion announced. 3 months later and Maxis is very secretive about their plans for Sims 4... there's no hype.... just nothing but crickets.

It's like they're trying to do damage control (like they had to do for SimCity), but they don't really know what to do.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited November 2014
    Sims 3 - Base game released June, 2009
    Sims 3: World Adventures - First expansion announced 3 months later August, 2009... and released November, 2009

versus

Sims 4 - Base Game released September, 2014
    Sims 4 - 3 months later and still no expansion announced. 3 months later and Maxis is very secretive about their plans for Sims 4... there's no hype.... just nothing but crickets.

It's like they're trying to do damage control (like they had to do for SimCity), but they don't really know what to do.
    I believe the expansion they are talking about for Sims 4 is Pools and 2 Careers EP.

Yay
    8247%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20clapping%20crying%20gif%20paul_heyman%20wwe.gif?
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    The kiddies constantly running off to the mods are making this forum incredibly dull...
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    The kiddies constantly running off to the mods are making this forum incredibly dull...
    Know when to stop. What happens on that thread stay there. Jeez. If they ever post on your wall to argue more about it, then do it there.
  • Options
    They be like:
    @ SimGuruHydra I know you no longer work here or use the forums but please ban everyone.
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    edited December 2014
    Removed
    Post edited by cale2003 on
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member

It did...
    Looks unappealing. And then they try to make it look nice by putting little decorations and stuff. Hmm...that was a good pic to use lol Pretty much sums up how TS4 was marketed.
  • Options
    Jimil wrote: »
    Know when to stop. What happens on that thread stay there. Jeez. If they ever post on your wall to argue more about it, then do it there.

...nah.
  • Options

It did...

Gutted and half-baked. Guess there's an emotion that goes with that, too.
  • Options
    SimChic1 wrote: »

It did...
    Looks unappealing. And then they try to make it look nice by putting little decorations and stuff. Hmm...that was a good pic to use lol Pretty much sums up how TS4 was marketed.

The fish was seasoned with emotions... such a dry ingredient. Left the fish tasting quite bland.
  • Options
    cale2003 wrote: »
    Ok im SICK AND TIRED of people calling this game a flop! Its been out for TWO MONTHS, no EPs have been released or EVEN announced yet! Give this game a chance. Call me a fanboy of TS4 all you want but not everybody hates this game.

I'm sorry that my emotion is disturbing you. :(

I'll try to go have my emotions in a corner... in secret.
  • Options
    They be like:
    @ SimGuruHydra I know you no longer work here or use the forums but please ban everyone.

@ Will Wright look okay uhm I know you haven't worked on the Sims for a decade or anything but these guys are being mean to me about your game.
  • Options
    They be like:

@ Will Wright look okay uhm I know you haven't worked on the Sims for a decade or anything but these guys are being mean to me about your game.

@Obama I know you never played the sims games and have a country to run but someone called me a hater and a sheep so can you yah know... bomb them?
  • Options
    Ok im SICK AND TIRED of people calling this game a flop! Its been out for TWO MONTHS, no EPs have been released or EVEN announced yet! Give this game a chance. Call me a fanboy of TS4 all you want but not everybody hates this game.
    This game has had its chance to prove to me it's worth $60. Now it needs to prove it's even worth $5. When the game was first announced and we saw pictures, I figured that wouldn't be the final style of the sims. It was. So strike one is the unappealing art style to me. Strike two was the closed world. Strike three was all the other things they took out. CASt, color wheel, toddlers, story progression, etc. So, with a game that's missing what defines the sims to me, I should give it a chance and not voice my opinion?

Fine, I'll give it a chance when The Sims 4: The Clearance Bin Edition comes out.
  • Options
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    @simgurubchick

You asked me and other to help you identify repeat offenders.. well here are prefect examples right here. You had closed a previous discussion and here they are ridiculing posters for wanting them to abide by the rules.
    They be like:
    Jimil wrote: »

...nah.

I'm sorry that my emotion is disturbing you. :(

I'll try to go have my emotions in a corner... in secret.
    They be like:

They be like:

@Obama I know you never played the sims games and have a country to run but someone called me a hater and a sheep so can you yah know... bomb them?

I thought I was on your ignore list?

But by all means, please punish us for daring to have a sense of humour.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    This game has had its chance to prove to me it's worth $60. Now it needs to prove it's even worth $5. When the game was first announced and we saw pictures, I figured that wouldn't be the final style of the sims. It was. So strike one is the unappealing art style to me. Strike two was the closed world. Strike three was all the other things they took out. CASt, color wheel, toddlers, story progression, etc. So, with a game that's missing what defines the sims to me, I should give it a chance and not voice my opinion?

Fine, I'll give it a chance when The Sims 4: The Clearance Bin Edition comes out.

Well said. :)
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    edited November 2014
    Ugh double post.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

Well said. :)
    Thanks Bob :)